Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool Ryan Jiro Gravenberch  (Read 152005 times)

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Ryan Jiro Gravenberch
« Reply #160 on: September 2, 2023, 06:25:12 pm »
Interesting in Klopps interview he talks about Grav being box-to-box - and also that Bayern didn’t have a role for him in this system, but we do - surely he was referring to the 8 position? Do we think he plays the 8, and Macca drops into 6?  Or maybe we play some funky system where he is allowed to charge forwards from the 6 position, and macca drops back and covers, utilising his dribbling strength? 

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #161 on: September 2, 2023, 06:28:29 pm »
We'll play Endo as the 6 and Gravenberch will rotate with the rest of the 8s.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: September 2, 2023, 06:30:02 pm »

I would expect some games with Baj or Thiago there at the 6 too.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #163 on: September 2, 2023, 06:30:43 pm »
I would expect some games with Baj or Thiago there at the 6 too.

Yeah absolutely, but I'd be very surprised to see Gravenberch there.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: September 2, 2023, 06:49:49 pm »
Yeah absolutely, but I'd be very surprised to see Gravenberch there.

I'm also intrigued as to where the games and minutes for the Frontline will be given, especially if you consider that Elliot probably is part of that front line.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: September 2, 2023, 07:04:42 pm »
Thanks mate, so my opinion he's going to get Ginified holds up?

Could do mate.

He's got a good shot on him too, don't thnik Gini had them though.  :D

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #166 on: September 2, 2023, 07:35:55 pm »

He looks really promising looking at that

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 2, 2023, 10:01:00 pm »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #168 on: September 2, 2023, 10:04:22 pm »
Just sorry he's going to have to come to a league as bent as it fucking comes.

Bent fucking English Fucking inbred fucking fuckwits every fucking game

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 2, 2023, 10:08:47 pm »
Just sorry he's going to have to come to a league as bent as it fucking comes.

Bent fucking English Fucking inbred fucking fuckwits every fucking game

I’m with you, Andy, it’s pretty blatant this season. We need to stop blaming incompetence.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #170 on: September 3, 2023, 01:19:15 am »
I’m with you, Andy, it’s pretty blatant this season. We need to stop blaming incompetence.

And having a pop at people who expect the Club to fight against the shit more than they do.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #171 on: September 3, 2023, 01:46:31 am »
Welcome to Liverpool FC !!! Ryan Gravenberch !!!   :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline asif_00013

• Anny Roader
« Reply #172 on: September 3, 2023, 02:28:27 am »

Or maybe a  double pivot with Alexis in a 4-2-3-1 and Szobo as the attacking mid?

Online harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #173 on: September 3, 2023, 04:00:39 am »
And for those of us not fluent/violently allergic to stats, what's all that in plain English?

Macca is our shittest midfielder?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: September 3, 2023, 08:26:27 am »
That this trio looks good on paper and Gravenberch's defensive stats are surprising hence the some folk's suggesting we may plan to use as a #6 eventually.  :D

Dunno, I think it would be nice if the 8 was also decent defending, so it's not all left to the 6.

From those stats, Gravenberch looks like a true box to box midfielder. Worthe remembering though that the stats for the three players are from different leagues, so might not be what happens when they play for us.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: September 3, 2023, 04:37:05 pm »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: September 3, 2023, 07:11:23 pm »
at the end of the game the camera went on him for a few moments.

he looked confused like "how the hell am I supposed to break into that midfield?"  :)

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #177 on: September 4, 2023, 01:16:49 am »

he looked confused like "how the hell am I supposed to break into that midfield?"  :)

Yes it’s going to be very hard to get a start. Mac and Szoboszlai are probably nailed on to start and Jones has done nothing wrong. Thiago and Bajcetic will be competing for a place along with Elliott and possibly Gakpo.

Ok so there are cups and injuries but Gravenberch may find it hard to get games unless he plays exceptionally well.
#JFT97

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 4, 2023, 01:20:39 am »
Yeah the reason he quit Bayern is because he's been sitting on his arse too often. He's coming he with assurances that he will get many games. 

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: September 4, 2023, 01:32:45 am »
Yeah the reason he quit Bayern is because he's been sitting on his arse too often. He's coming he with assurances that he will get many games.
I Mean Klopp going to play 5 midfielders every game basically, He going have earn the playing time but Klopp going rotate and give players chances.
It felt like Bayern didnt really have a plan for him at that point. Klopp going too have a plan for him
If He doesnt Play in El or League Cup next month that fine by me, he going need time to get up to speed with everybody however those the best chances for him right  now

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: September 4, 2023, 03:07:06 am »

That chart really shows how all three midfielders have very similar attributes in common and how those attributes were prioritized by Klopp in designing his rebooted midfield.

It also shows how Gravenberch is far better than the other two defensively - does that make him perfect to be re-formed in a Wijnaldum-style redeployment into a 6 who can distribute the ball and start attacks? That would seem to conflict with Klopp's quoted words though. I would prefer to hope that the club will still bring in Andre Trindade in January to fill that role and use Gravenberch in rotation with either pairs of Macallister/Jones and Szoboslai/Elliott. That would cause there to be 8 midfielders for 3 roles and be sufficient for a many pronged campaign onthe Premiership, domestic cups and the Europa League.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #181 on: September 4, 2023, 03:32:04 am »

no player, let alone a 21 year old who’s never played a minute of PL football would be given such assurances fron Klopp.

but what he will get is assurances of fairness and a plan that involves him. Bayern fucked him over. They lied to him. They didn’t have a plan for him at all, he was signed because they sensed a ‘bargain’, that maybe they could use, but maybe not.

He’ll play plenty anyway, it’s a long season, a tough, intensive style of football.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #182 on: September 4, 2023, 04:36:35 am »
Good signing. Welcome.

The season is shaping up to be a belter

Jiro for Liverpool, Giro for Everton
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline neil4ad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: September 4, 2023, 06:05:45 am »
Welcome Ryan! May your Liverpool career be long and your trophy cabinet be full.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." -Bill Shankly

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #184 on: September 4, 2023, 06:37:43 am »
Debut away at LASK perhaps?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #185 on: September 4, 2023, 07:21:32 am »
Maybe Klopp’s plan is to play a traditional DM in away matches and top 6 sides at home and play Mac against teams that have no interest in the ball with Ryan and Dom as the attacking 8. It should also be noted that Gravenberch defensive numbers are primarily high up the pitch.

If we are playing with that system that is essentially a back three with Robbo and Trent not inverting as much as they used then creativity and goals has to come from the two midfielders at the top of the box have to score goals and make assists. Maybe Klopp’s idea is to pair Mac with Trent as facilitators dictating play and shielding the defence with Ryan and Dom progressing the ball up the pitch, creating chances, arriving late in the box and scoring goals.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: September 4, 2023, 10:28:01 am »
What a guy

Neil Jones
@neiljonesgoal
·
1m
Gravenberch staying on Merseyside to "focus on his new club"

#LFC

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: September 4, 2023, 10:30:48 am »
I'm starting to like him more already.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: September 4, 2023, 10:32:01 am »
What a guy

Neil Jones
@neiljonesgoal
·
1m

#LFC
Really sensible decision.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #189 on: September 4, 2023, 10:35:20 am »

From the Bayern frying pan into the Liverpool fire springs to mind.

Offline ByrdmanLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #190 on: September 4, 2023, 11:24:24 am »
I watched Tuchels Interview when the signing was all but confirmed and from the looks of it, it was not like Tuchel did not rate him, but Tuchel said Gravenberchs best position is the 8 and that does not exist in Bayerns system (according to Tuchel), so Tuchel wanted to convert him to play in the 3 of the 4-2-3-1, but thats where Bayern have the biggest competition (Müller, Musiala, Gnabry, Coman, Sane) So thats why he did not get play time. Also seemed to imply that Gravenberch was not willing to be converted to a Winger/wanted to play in his preferred position.

I think he will get a lot of game time for us and will be class. And if not, he is still young, we didn't pay too much and have other great midfielders.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #191 on: September 4, 2023, 01:46:08 pm »
I watched Tuchels Interview when the signing was all but confirmed and from the looks of it, it was not like Tuchel did not rate him, but Tuchel said Gravenberchs best position is the 8 and that does not exist in Bayerns system (according to Tuchel), so Tuchel wanted to convert him to play in the 3 of the 4-2-3-1, but thats where Bayern have the biggest competition (Müller, Musiala, Gnabry, Coman, Sane) So thats why he did not get play time. Also seemed to imply that Gravenberch was not willing to be converted to a Winger/wanted to play in his preferred position.

I think he will get a lot of game time for us and will be class. And if not, he is still young, we didn't pay too much and have other great midfielders.

I think Tuchel was bullshitting to be honest. Not about his best position, but about there not being room for him. Sure, maybe not as a first 11 player, because they have Goretzka and Laimer for that position, but it isn’t like he had a whole host of players blocking his progress.

The issue I reckon was more that Gravenberch is still very young and still needs to learn a lot and develop some more. Tuchel has little interest in teaching and working with developing at Bayern, he knows that all will suffice there is for him to win the CL and to play fabulous football. He’s already feeling some heat from fans, as the football isn’t fabulous. 

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: September 4, 2023, 02:16:43 pm »
Signing day video.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Uho2aV36zqc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Uho2aV36zqc</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: September 4, 2023, 02:18:14 pm »
What a guy

Neil Jones
@neiljonesgoal
·
1m

#LFC
be still, my beating heart

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #194 on: September 4, 2023, 02:29:05 pm »
What do you guys think.. Is this good timing?
Is he on international duty? Will he get time to work with Klopp?

EDIT: Ahhh just saw the Tweet ("X"?) from Jones...
I'm starting to like him more already.
And we had murmurings re his supposed "attitude"...  ::)
A signing straight from the "Moneyball" era. We didn't get him for knockdown(still an okay-deal)... but we did get a massive talent- sitting on Bayern's bench where he was out of favor.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2023, 02:33:30 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #195 on: September 4, 2023, 02:46:40 pm »
Wtf is Bajcetic wearing in that video?  He looks like he's in a 90s boyband.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #196 on: September 4, 2023, 02:47:40 pm »
Signing day video.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Uho2aV36zqc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Uho2aV36zqc</a>

Always an enjoyable watch - we seem to have a nice bunch of lads in the squad.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: September 4, 2023, 03:20:11 pm »
Caroline making sure she isn't serving world class LFC nutrition to some punk  ;D
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: September 4, 2023, 03:25:47 pm »
Signing day video.

Nice watch, was nervous just watching him have to go around and settle in. Like first day at a new school when everyone else already knows each other.

Sure he'll feel like he's at home in no time though!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: September 4, 2023, 03:29:31 pm »
Elite fuckin' mentality. Wellin' Ryan.