Author Topic: Welcome Dominik Szoboszlai  (Read 230077 times)

Online Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
Re: Welcome Dominik “Sza Sza” Szoboszlai
« Reply #160 on: July 3, 2023, 03:22:26 am »
Pretty sure that Mount's greedy wage demands priced him out of any move to Liverpool. The interest in him ended very suddenly, probably about the time his agent said what he was expecting to be paid!
You've got it wrong mate. He had his heart set on United and rejected us for them!  ::)

On topic though, this signing has genuinely made me excited for the upcoming season. 2 midfielders signed and, hopefully, more new signings to come still. Chuffed to bits!

Offline Waterpistol

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: July 3, 2023, 06:35:59 am »
The fella oozes charisma on the interviews I've seen pre signing. I think we have a real player on our hands here, he should make that front right corner of the box midfield (if the shape stays that way) his own.

This is very good news for Salah and Nunez.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: July 3, 2023, 07:41:28 am »
Sounds similar to Naby's two seasons at RBL  ;)

More seriously though, I don't think Klopp has ever particularly looked towards our midfield for goals.  They have always primarily been the foundation from which to play three forwards and two attacking full-backs.

I expect Szoboszlai will be moulded similarly to Wijnaldum, for example.  I've only seen Szoboszlai in YouTube compilations but he looks like he's got a really good all around game.

2019 called and it wants its analysis of our midfield back.

Sorry bit flippant but there has been significant change in our midfield setup since Gini and there's certainly been huge change since we inverted Trent. We've bought 2 players to play as 8s who offer creativity and goals for a reason.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2023, 07:43:09 am by Knight »

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: July 3, 2023, 07:50:45 am »
definitely..think we most of us are getting nostalgic looking at the gini,hendo,milly midfield of old

we are witnessing an evolution of our midfield the way our spending is going. Just got a feeling that our new midfield will contribute a bit more in the goals column compared to the previous. and hopefully lesson the burden on our strikeforce.

am i asking for too much if the new midfield set up contributes as much defensively as the previous terrible trio while contributing much more attack wise?

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #164 on: July 3, 2023, 07:51:23 am »
Great signing this, welcome to Liverpool Dom lad.

First two signings this window looking very strong, may they both have long and successful careers for Liverpool.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #165 on: July 3, 2023, 08:20:50 am »
Captaining Hungary at that young age, helped Leipzig win back-to-back German cups...

Hhhnnnsss!!! We are shopping correctly and with full of promise this time.

Happy to have him here.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: July 3, 2023, 08:37:05 am »
A few people have said this. Must have only started supporting us recently or don't watch CL games.  :P

Yeah.  Just a few weeks.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2023, 08:41:28 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: July 3, 2023, 09:04:58 am »
Little bit of something to get you excited about Szob, with a side helping of some free Harvey Elliot propaganda:

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: July 3, 2023, 09:15:30 am »
Do we have Hungarian_Red for further informations?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #169 on: July 3, 2023, 09:42:20 am »
Welcome to Liverpool FC !!!  Dominik Szoboszlai !!!   :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #170 on: July 3, 2023, 09:45:01 am »
He's alright in footie manager.

Main thing isn't it haha

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: July 3, 2023, 10:06:31 am »
He's alright in footie manager.

Main thing isn't it haha

Might be, but he is positively insane in PES 2021.
Was a cornerstone of my everything winning team in Master League for years.
Strangely enough, core of the team that grew up together and later won everything were Szoboszlai, Gravenberch and Jeremy Doku. :D

Online markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #172 on: July 3, 2023, 10:42:17 am »
Song, banners. Needs to be a word play on Dom in 8, what you think?
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #173 on: July 3, 2023, 10:49:39 am »
Forget the goals, forget the assists. HE CAN TAKE CORNERS!
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #174 on: July 3, 2023, 10:50:28 am »
Weird aside, but we could almost field a team of players numbered 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 11 and it would be a winning team most times. Just Trent and Robbo letting the numbers game down.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: July 3, 2023, 10:52:29 am »
Has a Gerrard quote tattoo. ( if you watch the vid on LFCTV)

It was destined.

"Talent is a blessing from God, but without incredible will and humility, it is worthless.”
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: July 3, 2023, 11:02:35 am »
Song, banners. Needs to be a word play on Dom in 8, what you think?

It'll be So Boss La on his banner. If he's any good ;D

I'm getting ny hopes up that if he's a bit like Gerrard, he'll turn Nunez into a bit like Torres

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #177 on: July 3, 2023, 11:29:29 am »
He'll never fit in here then.

;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: July 3, 2023, 11:32:08 am »

We'll soon drum that nonsense out of him. :thumbup
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #179 on: July 3, 2023, 12:08:00 pm »
I think his corners are better than Iago Aspas.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #180 on: July 3, 2023, 01:20:28 pm »
 :scarf
The Reds have spent some money

We’re gonna win……
 :scarf

Nah - maybe not 😁

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #181 on: July 3, 2023, 01:33:20 pm »
So I hear he can play as an 8 as well as out-wide. Sounds like he's the Oxlade-Chamberlain replacement?

Offline ztommyy

• Anny Roader
  • A♥A♣A♠
« Reply #182 on: July 3, 2023, 01:47:08 pm »
Do we have Hungarian_Red for further informations?

I accept the challenge!  ;)
He has been our most famous and top rated player for a while now and I have seen him many times on international duty. He is a type of player who will make you get on your feet everytime he gets the ball and goes forward. Trust me on this... He really did win the game for us many times even when we did not expect it. He can suddenly just cut through defenses, give a superb assist or score a screamer. I would say the latter one is his strongest quality. I'm sure he will join Trent behind the ball (or even take over) in his first game already. And he has plenty of experience already. That is what made him our skipper actually. Obviously his price normally would not be this high considering he is not a well-known world class player (yet) but actually I'm happy to see us finally spending huge amounts even on young lads. If he is a 7 now, Klopp will make him a 9+ in no time. No doubt he knows this too... That is why he wanted him. 

The only weakness he has right now is his stamina. He gets substituted sometimes in really intense games but fortunately this can be easily developed. Can't wait to see him in red. The papers have gone crazy here lol :D
Let me tell you of our football team...

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: July 3, 2023, 01:56:33 pm »
He has been our most famous and top rated player for a while now and I have seen him many times on international duty. He is a type of player who will make you get on your feet everytime he gets the ball and goes forward. Trust me on this... He really did win the game for us many times even when we did not expect it. He can suddenly just cut through defenses, give a superb assist or score a screamer. I would say the latter one is his strongest quality. I'm sure he will join Trent behind the ball (or even take over) in his first game already. And he has plenty of experience already. That is what made him our skipper actually. Obviously his price normally would not be this high considering he is not a well-known world class player (yet) but actually I'm happy to see us finally spending huge amounts even on young lads. If he is a 7 now, Klopp will make him a 9+ in no time. No doubt he knows this too... That is why he wanted him. 

The only weakness he has right now is his stamina. He gets substituted sometimes in really intense games but fortunately this can be easily developed. Can't wait to see him in red. The papers have gone crazy here lol :D

great info - thanks ztommyy

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #184 on: July 3, 2023, 01:57:28 pm »
just don't fucking get injured

welcome  :wave
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: July 3, 2023, 02:06:15 pm »

Great stuff, thanks.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #186 on: July 3, 2023, 02:10:03 pm »
On to the most important matters...does his name make him our highest-scoring player on the Scrabble board? Double 10s with the Zs is formidable.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #187 on: July 3, 2023, 02:24:20 pm »
It'll be So Boss La on his banner. If he's any good ;D

Got that So Macho song in my head now ;D

I mean, the words fit without needing changing really :P
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #188 on: July 3, 2023, 02:26:10 pm »
great info - thanks ztommyy

Poor Scouser ztommyy.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: July 3, 2023, 02:26:47 pm »

It's been a long time since I celebrated a corner.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #190 on: July 3, 2023, 02:28:20 pm »
It's been a long time since I celebrated a corner.

Hello Yannick.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #191 on: July 3, 2023, 03:14:27 pm »

Sounds a really exciting player but I imagine he is going to be in oblivion for the first couple of months trying to get up to our fitness levels.
Cheers Ztommyy lad.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #192 on: July 3, 2023, 03:38:51 pm »
On to the most important matters...does his name make him our highest-scoring player on the Scrabble board? Double 10s with the Zs is formidable.

According to a tweet, second behind Fitzpatrick.

Though it also said that Oxlade-Chamberlain would be top, but that's literally not possible to get on a scrabble board so I'm not having that.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: July 3, 2023, 03:41:51 pm »
Hello Yannick.

Irrelevant information -

My youngest brother's middle name is Yannick.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: July 3, 2023, 03:43:40 pm »
Irrelevant information -

No whay

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #195 on: July 3, 2023, 03:46:21 pm »
Irrelevant information -

Alas.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #196 on: July 3, 2023, 03:58:42 pm »
According to a tweet, second behind Fitzpatrick.

Though it also said that Oxlade-Chamberlain would be top, but that's literally not possible to get on a scrabble board so I'm not having that.

;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: July 3, 2023, 04:08:26 pm »

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: July 3, 2023, 04:39:21 pm »
Got that So Macho song in my head now ;D

I mean, the words fit without needing changing really :P

;D

So hairy macho. ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly