Author Topic: Bobby Clark  (Read 27974 times)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Bobby Clark
« Reply #160 on: February 29, 2024, 11:11:51 am »
3/12 ground duels won i wouldn't really want him starting too much
he done well & will improve as he gets stronger physically
He is the most tenacious of the youngsters that have come into the side though and goes into duels that he's very much second favourite for.  I expect if he picked and chose his battles more carefully he'd have a much higher win rate.

I do agree that he looks like a player that would benefit from gaining more strength.  Likewise with Koumas.  They are literally boys against men at the moment.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #161 on: February 29, 2024, 06:00:24 pm »
Think he also created the most chances of anyone on the pitch. So swings and roundabouts with these stats as it always is.

He’s done really well in his limited time on the pitch for us but no doubt has plenty of improvement left. Not worried at all about that duels stat
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: February 29, 2024, 06:11:01 pm »
He can play in the Europa League which is less physical.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #163 on: February 29, 2024, 06:15:15 pm »
Duels lost is more and more of an empty stat. As someone said above if you go in to to an 80/20 duel not in your favour and lose it's not a big deal. Being there in the first place and maybe slowing someone down can be just as important, even if you don't come away with the ball.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #164 on: February 29, 2024, 06:16:35 pm »

Went in for 12 duels! fair play to the lad
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #165 on: March 1, 2024, 11:40:24 am »
Think he also created the most chances of anyone on the pitch. So swings and roundabouts with these stats as it always is.

He’s done really well in his limited time on the pitch for us but no doubt has plenty of improvement left. Not worried at all about that duels stat

No one should be in any context - its a bullshit stat that isn't an objective measure and doesn't tell you anything about the level of a player.
From what little we've seen Clark looks really promising to me

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: March 1, 2024, 02:04:00 pm »
Will he start tomorrow? I think yes. 

Dom off the bench.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #167 on: March 1, 2024, 03:17:27 pm »
Ground duels rearing their head again, are we a jousting club?
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: March 1, 2024, 03:25:11 pm »
Went in for 12 duels! fair play to the lad

I don’t know enough about the stat but this might be the best way of using it. Certainly last year Fabinho and Henderson just weren’t in duels which probably wasn’t ideal.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: March 1, 2024, 03:35:24 pm »
No one should be in any context - its a bullshit stat that isn't an objective measure and doesn't tell you anything about the level of a player.
From what little we've seen Clark looks really promising to me
Not sure if it was lost in my post but I absolutely agree, full of promise. Really exciting prospect alongside quite a few all of a sudden

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #170 on: March 1, 2024, 06:21:37 pm »
clark and danns are the 2 most promising players from what i have seen

clark will get plenty of game time until curtis and trent get back

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: March 1, 2024, 10:14:22 pm »
I don’t know enough about the stat but this might be the best way of using it. Certainly last year Fabinho and Henderson just weren’t in duels which probably wasn’t ideal.
You want to be in them and Win them. If you involved in the duel and losing that better then not being them. It just easier to win the 2nd ball if your competing for them. Same goes for Aerial Duels. Sometimes your not favored to win a duel(More common in aerial duels) but contesting that is better then not(assuming your not going foul).
It annoys me at times when the Forwards dont compete for an Aerial duel even if they going to lose it

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #172 on: March 1, 2024, 10:56:20 pm »

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: March 1, 2024, 11:36:00 pm »
Why?
I explained it the post but it harder to get distance on a pass or clearance when a duel is contested. Making it easier even if you not the favorite to win to win the 2nd ball back. Even if it a Even Duel and lose it helps to win the 2nd ball. Not contesting duels makes it easier to teams play though you. Letting players get free loose balls is not good

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: March 2, 2024, 05:56:01 am »
I explained it the post but it harder to get distance on a pass or clearance when a duel is contested. Making it easier even if you not the favorite to win to win the 2nd ball back. Even if it a Even Duel and lose it helps to win the 2nd ball. Not contesting duels makes it easier to teams play though you. Letting players get free loose balls is not good

Also, a strategic foul - considered a lost ground duel - can immediately and effectively disrupt the opposition's momentum.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: March 2, 2024, 05:29:22 pm »
Good 1st PL start.

Tough ground to play against a team near the bottom.

Well done. Certainly in the 1st team mix but Klopp has known this for 6 months or so.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: March 2, 2024, 06:10:02 pm »
He had 47 touches in 60 minutes. Including 4 touches in the opposition’s penalty area. Unlucky not to score as well with two good shots.

Competed in 9 duels, won 2 fouls and 100% of his attempted tackles.

Very impressive for you first PL start.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: March 2, 2024, 06:13:21 pm »
He had 47 touches in 60 minutes. Including 4 touches in the opposition’s penalty area. Unlucky not to score as well with two good shots.

Competed in 9 duels, won 2 fouls and 100% of his attempted tackles.

Very impressive for you first PL start.
Not surprised by those figures. He was really good today. Linked up well down the left, took up good positions. Lot to look forward to

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: March 2, 2024, 06:16:18 pm »
Classy player that will only get better.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #179 on: March 2, 2024, 06:18:34 pm »
Good experience. Tough game to come into.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: March 2, 2024, 06:21:11 pm »
Just turned 19 as well, well done lad

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 2, 2024, 06:41:15 pm »
Also, a strategic foul - considered a lost ground duel - can immediately and effectively disrupt the opposition's momentum.
That is not a lost ground duel. That just a challenge. A Duel is a loose ball 50/50.

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #182 on: March 2, 2024, 06:58:30 pm »
Quite disagree with the sentiment here. Think he was properly out of his depth today. Him punching above his weight and Gomez having to paper over cracks as no 6 is the reason our attacking play was so dull this game. If you look at his touch map today he looks almost like a left winger. Him Diaz and Robertson make it like we have 3 players playing at the same position but even Diaz tucked inside more than Clark who is supposed to be a no 8.

The kid is not ready for a tough away game in the PL. Home game maybe, or Europa league, given that we only have 4 fit midfielders at the moment and 3 of them are knackered.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #183 on: March 2, 2024, 07:07:48 pm »
Quite disagree with the sentiment here. Think he was properly out of his depth today. Him punching above his weight and Gomez having to paper over cracks as no 6 is the reason our attacking play was so dull this game. If you look at his touch map today he looks almost like a left winger. Him Diaz and Robertson make it like we have 3 players playing at the same position but even Diaz tucked inside more than Clark who is supposed to be a no 8.

The kid is not ready for a tough away game in the PL. Home game maybe, or Europa league, given that we only have 4 fit midfielders at the moment and 3 of them are knackered.

I wouldn't  say out of his depth. He was patchy with bits where he got more involved and did quite well and bits where he basically was not positioning himself well enough to be involved. Plenty of good things to see though and I don't think he made any blunders and did work his socks off. Could have come off with a goal if he'd have taken the shot instead of cutting it back but all that comes with experience. In a crunch, he can absolutely do the job for us. He's a couple years younger than Harvey and that performance had a lot of similarities to Harvey from a couple years ago. Let the lad play a few more games and he'll be great for us because the raw attributes and attitude are all good already.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: March 2, 2024, 07:21:06 pm »
Thought he did really well again and didn't look out of place at PL level. It was a difficult game, but he'll be all the better for the experience and he's shown over the past few weeks that he's someone we can rely on. His form and development since he's come back into the first-team have been a big positive for us, long may that continue.

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #185 on: March 2, 2024, 07:25:03 pm »
In a few months/years time he ends up with a goal or two. It takes time for the confidence and true quality to show. He’ll definitely get there though. Had some lovely touches and movement off the ball today, got into a couple of positions but isn’t yet at the level to punish teams. It’ll come. Great that Klopp had the faith in him to play in such a tough away game. This is the start of his journey, let’s not start panning him and accept him for what he is, he’s essentially in the first few days of his first job at the very top of his profession. Good on ya Bobby.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #186 on: March 2, 2024, 07:26:36 pm »

Obviously a tactic we were using to try and create overloads. Our 8s often play very wide. If it wasn't a tactic he would've been berated by the sideline and stopped doing it.

He was very assured in what was a very difficult away game.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #187 on: March 2, 2024, 07:28:55 pm »

And how exactly is he supposed to get ready unless he is played and gets given opportunities? The experience will do him the world of good and he will learn so much from being in this game. I don't think either he or Gomez were as bad as you are claiming them to be.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: March 2, 2024, 07:33:07 pm »
That not an easy first road game for first start. It a good learning experience and he did pretty well overall.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: March 2, 2024, 07:35:04 pm »
Didn't let the side down in his first PL start. Well done Bobby!

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #190 on: March 2, 2024, 07:40:08 pm »
And how exactly is he supposed to get ready unless he is played and gets given opportunities? The experience will do him the world of good and he will learn so much from being in this game. I don't think either he or Gomez were as bad as you are claiming them to be.
The thing is Nunez's late winner and Elanga's missed golden chance earlier swing our perception of the game and players heavily. I'm just offering my assessment of his performance, not saying he should go back to the academy or anything. If it's up to me he will start again midweek in Prague because at least one of our 3 fit senior midfielders has to rest.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 2, 2024, 08:12:02 pm »
I thought he was one of our better players today, surprised by some of the comments in here
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 2, 2024, 08:40:27 pm »
I thought he was one of our better players today, surprised by some of the comments in here

Only one person is criticizing him. Everyone else is appreciating the effort in the context of the situation.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: March 3, 2024, 09:43:04 am »
as i mentioned he can struggle physically which is very normal.
Nearly scored a cracker & done fine i thought. Was busy will  develop to be a good player
« Last Edit: March 3, 2024, 09:47:32 am by MD1990 »

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 3, 2024, 09:46:14 am »
Personally thought he did well first half, struggled second as he clearly tired quickly, big step up to the intensity of the Premiership.

The game looks really natural for him, never seems awkward with or without the ball.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: March 3, 2024, 10:54:10 am »
I thought he was pretty good first half. It’s one of those where if the rest of the first team were available he’d probably have looked a lot better, but he’s there with Gomez at 6 and Gakpo and Elliott not in great form. He’ll play in Europe I think.

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: March 3, 2024, 01:19:14 pm »
He is pleasingly two footed which is great to see. A couple of nice nutmegs too which demonstrated his confidence to take the game (and opponents) on
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #197 on: March 4, 2024, 10:32:40 am »
Another one I reckon should definitely start in Prague.
Might do very well, in what I think will be pretty sure to be a slightly less intense physically game.
Very smart player, knows the system.  2 footed, excellent technique etc.
With our midfield injuries, might be a godsend to have him play 90 at a capable level in the Europa on Thurs.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #198 on: March 4, 2024, 11:09:19 am »
Considering his lack of experience at this level, he had a solid outing against forest. Probably needs a year's loan out at a lower division, a la Bradley at Bolton, before we see him performing to his potential levels.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #199 on: March 4, 2024, 12:44:01 pm »
Considering his lack of experience at this level, he had a solid outing against forest. Probably needs a year's loan out at a lower division, a la Bradley at Bolton, before we see him performing to his potential levels.
I would be surprised. He looks at home in the first team squad and Klopp clearly rates him. All depends on what the new manager thinks. I would guess it is more likely that McConnell goes out on loan, we sell Morton and maybe loans for Danns and Koumas.
JFT97