Author Topic: Caoimhín Kelleher  (Read 166626 times)

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Caoimhín Kelleher
« Reply #1880 on: March 11, 2024, 01:26:19 pm »

He's 25 and will get better, we could have a goalie we can rely on (for taking penalties as well) for the next 10 years. Allison we probably have 3-4 years left.

Anyway, that's for the new manager, hope he has been watching the lad.
Ali could play for us until he's 40, unless injuries curtail his career.

The only question mark is if he does the typical South American 'my dream is to play for Barcelona/Real Madrid' at some point in the next few years. But so far he's made no indication of that.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1881 on: March 11, 2024, 01:34:32 pm »
The only thing Ali ever said about his future is that he'd like to finish it with his boyhood club Internacional.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1882 on: March 11, 2024, 02:18:21 pm »
He's too good to be a No 2, even for us. The only thing that might keep him here is the fact that I'm not sure any of the other "top 6" clubs are looking for a keeper, except for Chelsea maybe, but I don't think they'd go for him. Unless he might want to try his hand abroad that is.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1883 on: March 11, 2024, 02:19:17 pm »
Kelleher could have an interesting summer as surely will have a few options to mull over. Right now I'm absolutely delighted he's our #1 between the posts and once Ali is fit then we got a brilliant back up...in Ali 😉 kidding aside we have no worries with that position on the park right now and Caoimhe has been outstanding. If he had to play the whole season for us he probably be voted as the best keeper in the league based on current form
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1884 on: March 11, 2024, 02:21:50 pm »
Alisson is a bit injury prone. I'd be doing everything to keep him here. Give him both League and FA cup.

Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1885 on: March 11, 2024, 03:20:11 pm »
Alisson is a bit injury prone. I'd be doing everything to keep him here. Give him both League and FA cup.

It would be mad to sell Kelleher and then scrabble around to find a keeper that we trust to back up Allison

That said, the lads had 3 winning wembley finals (all clean sheets) so he's done Ok as regards touching glory
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1886 on: March 11, 2024, 03:25:58 pm »
Ali was the keeper in the FA Cup final.  :D

Offline seandundee16

• Main Stander
« Reply #1887 on: March 11, 2024, 03:38:58 pm »

I'd be loathe to lose him either but the reality is that we have done very well to keep him up until now. Without the presence of Klopp he could have left 2 seasons ago since he can no longer be considered a young up and coming goalkeeper and probably needs regular matches to improve further. Would the promise of playing the domestic cups be enough to retain him, I'd love to think so but I'd have my doubts. He has shown that he possesses the temperament to play at the top level and remain unfazed. Best case scenario is that he extends his contract and we have a top class number 2, worst case is that we receive a decent transfer fee. The problem will be in getting a similar level goalkeeper who is prepared to be understudy to Allison.     

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1888 on: March 11, 2024, 03:50:32 pm »
He's the best I've seen anyway, who do you have ahead of him?

I'm still 50/50 on him and Clem, Gordon Banks was phenomenal and while I never saw him play, Lev Yashin was supposed to be ok
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1889 on: March 11, 2024, 03:53:06 pm »
Only on RAWK would idiots start thinking of rotating argubaly the world;s best keeper and probably our best ever one.  ;D

You don't wanna rotate, but also we don't wanna lose Kelleher. It's stupidity to sell him to say Arsenal for example. He's too good for the likes of Villa/Palace/Wolves/Spurs/Utd.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1890 on: March 11, 2024, 03:54:53 pm »
You don't wanna rotate, but also we don't wanna lose Kelleher. It's stupidity to sell him to say Arsenal for example. He's too good for the likes of Villa/Palace/Wolves/Spurs/Utd.

A good problem to have, I'd not want to be making that decision.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1891 on: March 11, 2024, 03:55:44 pm »
Only on RAWK would idiots start thinking of rotating argubaly the world;s best keeper and probably our best ever one.  ;D
would help Allison avoid injury
Give Kelleher the midweek games.
CL games more games next season & the cups

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1892 on: March 11, 2024, 04:28:28 pm »
The world's best keeper picks up his fair share of injuries so we need the number 2 to be sharp and confident. Kelleher is HG as well which another plus.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1893 on: March 11, 2024, 04:29:55 pm »
People are talking like Ali is always getting injured, he's not missed that many games has he, then Adrian came in and played like Clem  ;D

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1894 on: March 11, 2024, 04:36:59 pm »
People are talking like Ali is always getting injured, he's not missed that many games has he, then Adrian came in and played like Clem  ;D
He misses more games than you'd expect a number 1 to miss. That increases our need for a solid number 2.

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #1895 on: March 11, 2024, 04:41:08 pm »
Would probably stay if given Champions League games, would that be a runner though?
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1896 on: March 11, 2024, 04:51:44 pm »
Thinking about it more, we rotate every position on the pitch bar keeper - usually this is because the drop off from your No1 to your No2 is so big, you don't do it. When you have a No1 and a No2 where there is no drop off, why not rotate to keep both fresh and in form? It certainly won't affect the defence, as they all know how both play and trust both implicitly.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1897 on: March 11, 2024, 04:53:47 pm »
Ali was the keeper in the FA Cup final.  :D
#

Ah yes, memory tricking me, having sat through hours of 0-0 (albeit entertaining football) between us and Chelsea at Wembley, it all starts to blend together.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #1898 on: March 11, 2024, 04:58:05 pm »
Thinking about it more, we rotate every position on the pitch bar keeper - usually this is because the drop off from your No1 to your No2 is so big, you don't do it. When you have a No1 and a No2 where there is no drop off, why not rotate to keep both fresh and in form? It certainly won't affect the defence, as they all know how both play and trust both implicitly.

I think play is more compacted when Ali plays because Klopp trusts him more one on one or with balls played over the top for fast runners
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1899 on: March 11, 2024, 05:28:03 pm »

I think play is more compacted when Ali plays because Klopp trusts him more one on one or with balls played over the top for fast runners

Kelleher has been fantastic in one on ones recently, the save from Foden yesterday, the one in the LC Final, the one v Southampton in the FA Cup game were all as good as anything Ali would have done. The lad has obviously learnt from Ali and is putting it into practice.

New manager has a hell of a decision to make in summer.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1900 on: March 11, 2024, 05:40:42 pm »

They play the same don't they, Caoimhín has soaked it all in like a sponge.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #1901 on: March 11, 2024, 06:25:08 pm »
Just looked it up and Kelleher has started 20 games this season while Allison has started 24.  That's a lot closer than I thought.  I'm looking forward to Allison getting back, as he's our clear #1, but I'm also confident these days when I see Kelleher in net.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1902 on: March 11, 2024, 06:28:35 pm »
His ball to Robbo was a thing of beauty.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1903 on: March 11, 2024, 06:29:58 pm »
As others have said, I'd move heaven and earth to keep him at Liverpool. Would be a much better scenario if he was 3/4 years younger, he is top class, of the right age to kick on, and will stagnate without a steady stream of games.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1904 on: March 11, 2024, 06:30:22 pm »
He's the best I've seen anyway, who do you have ahead of him?

There have been keepers like Lev Yashin and Gordon Banks. And even looking at the merely excellent, you have the likes of Jennings, Clemence, Pfaff, Southall, etc. Is Alisson that clearly ahead of the field that he's the best of all time?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1905 on: March 11, 2024, 06:33:06 pm »
Says the guy who's entire account is dedicated to making out Lucas Leiva was the best midfielder ever, state of you.

I wanted him gone before 2018, as he'd clearly lost his legs.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1906 on: March 11, 2024, 06:35:46 pm »
There have been keepers like Lev Yashin and Gordon Banks. And even looking at the merely excellent, you have the likes of Jennings, Clemence, Pfaff, Southall, etc. Is Alisson that clearly ahead of the field that he's the best of all time?

He's better than Neville Southall and in with a shout of the others.

All great keepers and Ali is one of them.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1907 on: March 11, 2024, 06:40:01 pm »
He's better than Neville Southall and in with a shout of the others.

All great keepers and Ali is one of them.

Southall is the best defensive goalkeeper I've seen, in terms of technique and approach in everything defence-related. Not really our style though (we prefer our keepers forward looking), but definitely have to recognise his quality. I have no issue saying that Alisson is one of the greats. I do quibble at saying that he's the best in the history of the game.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1908 on: March 11, 2024, 06:41:32 pm »
Imagine getting upset by someone praising a Liverpool player then going on to wank over a former Everton player. This place mannnnn  ;D

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1909 on: March 11, 2024, 06:43:04 pm »
Club should definitely do all they can to try and hold onto him, but wouldn't begrudge him if he did decide to move on. If he does end up moving on then the club should insist on inserting a buy-back clause in any deal that we can activate when Alisson decides to move on.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1910 on: March 11, 2024, 06:59:33 pm »
Imagine getting upset by someone praising a Liverpool player then going on to wank over a former Everton player. This place mannnnn  ;D

Twilight Zone.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1911 on: March 11, 2024, 07:05:54 pm »
I say sell him to a newly promoted side with a buy back clause, but I have no clue what you do for a new number two. 

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1912 on: March 11, 2024, 09:01:26 pm »
I say sell him to a newly promoted side with a buy back clause, but I have no clue what you do for a new number two. 

Would he want to go do that though? He's played 20 games for us this season, he's in a team challenging for the league, FA Cup and Europa League, he's won two LC medals as starting Keeper, he's got an FA Cup winners medal, a PL winners and a CL winners medal. Its going to be a step down, which he may not want

Number two would likely be Pitaluga.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1913 on: March 11, 2024, 10:18:55 pm »

Could they play as an extra defender though? Would they have been comfortable 20 yards outside their box? Genuine question.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1914 on: March 12, 2024, 07:20:56 am »
Could they play as an extra defender though? Would they have been comfortable 20 yards outside their box? Genuine question.

Some of the above were those who pioneered the sweeper keeper concept.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1915 on: March 12, 2024, 07:57:28 am »

Ray Clemence spent his entire time camped on the 18 yard line when we were attacking, sometimes doing exercises to keep warm and used to sweep up outside our box. Lev Yashin is still thought by many to be the best keeper ever. He's also the only keeper to win the Balon D'Or. Yashin was one of the earliest sweeper keepers as well.

One I didn't even mention yesterday was Manuel Neuer. Tommy Lawrence was also one of the original sweeper keepers.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1916 on: March 12, 2024, 08:03:00 am »

Reserve keepers aren't normally this good. I was going to say number 2s aren't normally this good but that sounds dirty.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1917 on: March 12, 2024, 08:12:10 am »
Reserve keepers aren't normally this good. I was going to say number 2s aren't normally this good but that sounds dirty.

Depends what you've been eating.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Heritage

• Main Stander
  • Boot Room Fanatic
« Reply #1918 on: March 17, 2024, 08:45:17 pm »
I absolutely love Kelleher. His Cup performances the season before last were immense, and he's been a top class substitution during Ali's injury. At 25 years old it is slightly awkward, as he deserves a starting place on a good team, but Ali could be here for another 3-5 years. I hope we can keep Kelleher around.
🔥97🔥

🏆 x 42

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1919 on: April 4, 2024, 06:48:17 pm »
Has now played the same number of games this season than Alisson. If he plays on Sunday, he will have played more games than Alisson this season

Incredible for him and his career