Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3461756 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #70160 on: July 12, 2022, 05:26:24 am »
Day 3 since I tested positive, four days since symptoms started showing up. Right now, all I really want is for somebody to go on a booze run for me.
Been doing this from home, mate, specifically for you! (At least that's what I'm telling my wife...)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #70161 on: July 13, 2022, 11:27:29 am »
Tested positive on Monday. Had the symptoms of a usual cold plus some sweats and aches, bit of an upset stomach. Glad I had my 3 jabs.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #70162 on: July 13, 2022, 12:38:13 pm »
Finally tested negative this morning. Yay.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #70163 on: July 14, 2022, 04:02:38 pm »
Tested positive today it is the first time I have had it.  ::)

Had heavy cold after returning from Portugal on June 17th and that cleared in about a week but was negative throughout despite a lot of symptoms.

I went to a gig Monday and felt absolutely horrendous Tuesday afternoon - put it down to late night and hayfever (I didn't drink at gig  :D). Voice started going today so was told to test by work and the dreaded two lines came up.

Are most feeling shit for a while with it now?  My wife had it in March and was like heavy cold for 10 days.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 04:06:35 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70164 on: July 14, 2022, 04:12:30 pm »
I felt really rough, but only for about four days.  After that it was just an annoyance testing everyday and seeing that horrible red line.  All the best matey.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #70165 on: July 14, 2022, 04:25:24 pm »
I felt really rough, but only for about four days.  After that it was just an annoyance testing everyday and seeing that horrible red line.  All the best matey.

Thanks - how long were you positive?

I have more tests on the way as run out now.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70166 on: July 14, 2022, 04:31:39 pm »
Nine or ten days.  The last three or four I felt fine just generally pissed off being at home.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #70167 on: July 14, 2022, 04:32:38 pm »
Nine or ten days.  The last three or four I felt fine just generally pissed off being at home.

I bet.

I see there are no rules now hence why it’s everywhere.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70168 on: July 14, 2022, 04:34:05 pm »
Depends on the strain and how mild the covid is, the 3rd day is usually the worst. Headache, fatigue, coughing. After about a week it should go away, although i've still got a small persistent cough.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70169 on: July 14, 2022, 04:37:22 pm »
Five in my dad's care home have got it this week. That's no visits again for a couple of weeks then. At least he has escaped it so far, so I will count my blessings I guess.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #70170 on: July 14, 2022, 04:39:31 pm »
Five in my dad's care home have got it this week. That's no visits again for a couple of weeks then. At least he has escaped it so far, so I will count my blessings I guess.

My mum’s home is in lockdown but she seems to have evaded it so far as well.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #70171 on: July 14, 2022, 04:52:43 pm »
Depends on the strain and how mild the covid is, the 3rd day is usually the worst. Headache, fatigue, coughing. After about a week it should go away, although i've still got a small persistent cough.

Fatigue has been killer for a while actually

Cold symptoms only came out Tuesday - throat is worse bit

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70172 on: July 14, 2022, 04:59:56 pm »
Fatigue has been killer for a while actually

Cold symptoms only came out Tuesday - throat is worse bit

Yeah fatigue and the coughing were the worst. Headache was managable.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #70173 on: July 14, 2022, 05:01:11 pm »
Yeah fatigue and the coughing were the worst. Headache was managable.

Maybe I had it a while back - it’s certainly a pain this heat too

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70174 on: July 14, 2022, 05:03:25 pm »
Maybe I had it a while back - it’s certainly a pain this heat too

One other thing that screwed me up was it interrupted my sleep cycle quite a bit, I went about 3 days without a really good nights sleep. I think that was mostly the fever though, was hot then cold then hot then cold then my feet couldn't get comfortable.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70175 on: July 14, 2022, 05:04:47 pm »
Fucking weird Covid.  I had zero fatigue, not really much of a headache either.  The best way I can describe it, when you get soaking wet and get a chill, but it lasts for four days rather than 24 hours.  Didn't even have a cough.  My missus had a constant cough.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #70176 on: July 14, 2022, 05:07:58 pm »
Fucking weird Covid.  I had zero fatigue, not really much of a headache either.  The best way I can describe it, when you get soaking wet and get a chill, but it lasts for four days rather than 24 hours.  Didn't even have a cough.  My missus had a constant cough.

That’s how mine feels now.

But with fatigue. Amazed I avoided it this long.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70177 on: July 14, 2022, 05:21:36 pm »
Day six since I tested positive, seven days since symptoms first appeared.

I'm pretty much over it. Sat/Sun/Mon were the worst days. Right now I'm just caught up in niggles and annoyances. I was up at 6am this morning because my legs were in so much pain. Not the "achy limbs" kind of pain you usually experience with a cold - this felt more like.... best I can describe it is when you have too much lactic acid, like when you exercise without properly warming up first? My tendons all felt wound tight, like on a rack. Needed some ibuprofen to shake it off.

I never really suffered too much with a cough or sore throat, but I'm slightly breathless, especially when I lie down. There's this dry, barely perceptible wheeze/rattle, and my breaths don't feel as full as usual. Fatigue hits me randomly, as does brain fog. It's really up and down and I get tired rather easily.

I've not tested since that first result on Saturday. From what I've seen online you can test positive for weeks after it clears up, as your body flushes dead virus particles from your system. I'm not wasting tests if I know the likely result. I'll test tomorrow (Friday) and again next Wednesday. I'll make decisions on what I can/can't do based on the results.

I'm fairly confident that I'm no longer contagious, at least so long as I avoid prolonged contact with people. I've had to go out a few times to the supermarket, mostly because I needed stuff and had nobody who could go for me. Current guidance says isolate for five days if you can, which I've done.  I reckon I'm okay to walk a big supermarket with plenty of space to avoid people as long as I mask up and just get what I know I need rather than mucking around browsing and picking stuff up at random and putting it back again. I wouldn't sit in a cafe or use public transport, but I think I'm okay to go for walks.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #70179 on: July 15, 2022, 08:10:20 am »
Had a pretty rough night with it.

Essentially it’s like a fever with going hot / cold, etc with a sore throat, dull headache and tickly cough. Quite achy and nose is streaming.

Dread to think how I would be without the vaccine.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 08:14:58 am by Nick110581 »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70180 on: July 15, 2022, 12:00:20 pm »
Tested myself this morning around 10.30am. At first I thought the result was negative, but after about 90 minutes I could just make out a faint and barely perceptible T-Line.

Still, considering how my positive was instantaneous back on Saturday I'd say this is a very good result. I'll do another test tomorrow and see how it pans out.  I'm still feeling off and out of sorts, but at least I know I'm in recovery mode. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70181 on: July 15, 2022, 02:27:42 pm »
Tested myself this morning around 10.30am. At first I thought the result was negative, but after about 90 minutes I could just make out a faint and barely perceptible T-Line.

Still, considering how my positive was instantaneous back on Saturday I'd say this is a very good result. I'll do another test tomorrow and see how it pans out.  I'm still feeling off and out of sorts, but at least I know I'm in recovery mode. :)

Read the instructions of your tests, they shouldn't be read after the time they say, because some will turn positive late on regardless.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70182 on: July 15, 2022, 02:39:21 pm »
Read the instructions of your tests, they shouldn't be read after the time they say, because some will turn positive late on regardless.

Well it's just the standard LFTs they were handing out last year. It was certainly negative after 30 minutes. I'm confident that I'm no longer infectious; I just need to manage my remaining symptoms.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70183 on: July 15, 2022, 05:27:35 pm »
Over 50's all getting an Autumn booster

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-62183714

Everyone aged 50 and over will be offered a Covid booster vaccine this autumn to top up their immunity and cut their risk of becoming severely ill.

Younger people at high risk from Covid, as well as health and social care staff, will also get the booster.

Drug companies have been developing updated vaccines to tackle newer variants, however, it is still uncertain which vaccine will be used.

The original plan meant healthy people aged 50-65 would not have been jabbed.

However, the immunisation campaign has been expanded as current variants are spreading quickly, it is uncertain how the virus will mutate and it is expected we will be more social this winter than in previous years so the virus will have more chance to spread.

The updated advice comes from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), which advises governments in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

It says the booster should be offered to:

health and social care staff
everyone aged 50 and over
carers who are over the age of 16
people over 5 whose health puts them at greater risk, this includes pregnant women
people over 5 who share a house with somebody with a weakened immune system
The details of the rollout have not been confirmed, however, it is thought immunisation will start with the oldest and most vulnerable from September.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #70184 on: July 15, 2022, 05:33:45 pm »
Supposed to be ready pretty soon

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #70185 on: July 15, 2022, 10:42:27 pm »
Over 50's all getting an Autumn booster

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-62183714

Everyone aged 50 and over will be offered a Covid booster vaccine this autumn to top up their immunity and cut their risk of becoming severely ill.

Younger people at high risk from Covid, as well as health and social care staff, will also get the booster.

Drug companies have been developing updated vaccines to tackle newer variants, however, it is still uncertain which vaccine will be used.

The original plan meant healthy people aged 50-65 would not have been jabbed.

However, the immunisation campaign has been expanded as current variants are spreading quickly, it is uncertain how the virus will mutate and it is expected we will be more social this winter than in previous years so the virus will have more chance to spread.

The updated advice comes from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), which advises governments in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

It says the booster should be offered to:

health and social care staff
everyone aged 50 and over
carers who are over the age of 16
people over 5 whose health puts them at greater risk, this includes pregnant women
people over 5 who share a house with somebody with a weakened immune system
The details of the rollout have not been confirmed, however, it is thought immunisation will start with the oldest and most vulnerable from September.
Hmm...will probably have it, but will not be going for the reported covid in one arm and flu in the other.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70186 on: July 16, 2022, 08:58:08 am »
I had both my flu jab and booster in the same arm.  My reasoning was I'd rather have one bad arm than two iffy ones.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #70187 on: July 16, 2022, 11:04:09 am »
Supposed to be ready pretty soon

Wow, that's very encouraging. I suppose they are getting more and more information now and can use it to improve the all round standard of following booster vaccines. These scientists have become genuine life savers, they don't get enough credit for the job they have done overall.

Get well soon Nick and everyone else.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #70188 on: July 16, 2022, 11:05:14 am »
I had both my flu jab and booster in the same arm.  My reasoning was I'd rather have one bad arm than two iffy ones.

I always choose the left arm as I hate the idea of not being able to write.  :)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #70189 on: July 16, 2022, 01:49:38 pm »
Finally caught it for the first time. Wife and daughter had it last week so I know who to blame.

Was meant to be flying to Ireland tomorrow so they’re going without me and I’ll have to deal with the heat here. Fucks  sake.

Feel fine, very mild cold symptoms. Milking it though as I spend the day keeping out of everyone’s way and watching rugby, cricket and golf.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70190 on: July 16, 2022, 04:00:38 pm »
Finally caught it for the first time. Wife and daughter had it last week so I know who to blame.

Was meant to be flying to Ireland tomorrow so they’re going without me and I’ll have to deal with the heat here. Fucks  sake.

Feel fine, very mild cold symptoms. Milking it though as I spend the day keeping out of everyone’s way and watching rugby, cricket and golf.

Didn't you isolate away from your wife and daughter when they tested positive?

Hard to do under the same household of course.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70191 on: July 16, 2022, 04:39:24 pm »

It's a horrible thing being away from the wife and kids....I caught it when my missus was going back home for a bit. I actually had to provide evidence.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #70192 on: July 16, 2022, 04:48:15 pm »
Didn't you isolate away from your wife and daughter when they tested positive?

Hard to do under the same household of course.

As best I could but probably got it off one of them before they tested.

It's a horrible thing being away from the wife and kids....I caught it when my missus was going back home for a bit. I actually had to provide evidence.

Actually quite looking forward to a week of peace. :D Got a fair bit of work to do, was going to have to have done it from my in-laws in a busy house. At least now I have some peace (and 40 degree heat) to get it done.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #70193 on: July 16, 2022, 06:00:35 pm »
I'm on my third brush with Covid. Missed out in December when I was working all day in a room with a person who's got it (and wasn't wearing a mask, but I was staying away), missed when my daughter caught it and was staying home (but she isolated well, so no one else got it), and now it's the first time I get an email from work that I've been in contact with someone who tested positive. Third day today, no symptoms yet. But I'm getting tired of this shit... I'd rather catch it now and get it over with before our summer trip abroad...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70194 on: July 16, 2022, 06:54:26 pm »
I'm on my third brush with Covid. Missed out in December when I was working all day in a room with a person who's got it (and wasn't wearing a mask, but I was staying away), missed when my daughter caught it and was staying home (but she isolated well, so no one else got it), and now it's the first time I get an email from work that I've been in contact with someone who tested positive. Third day today, no symptoms yet. But I'm getting tired of this shit... I'd rather catch it now and get it over with before our summer trip abroad...

Anecdotally, there’s a lot of talk about people getting it again only weeks after having recovered, so getting it out of the way isn’t even a given.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #70195 on: July 16, 2022, 08:22:53 pm »
The high numbers being admitted to hospital are really going to put the health service under strain again - I mean this is the third big wave we've had this year....and will probably have at least another later in the year ffs. But nurses threatening strike action is 'totally irresponsible' says this shower of sh......I mean the government.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #70196 on: July 16, 2022, 08:53:21 pm »
Anecdotally, there’s a lot of talk about people getting it again only weeks after having recovered, so getting it out of the way isn’t even a given.

I think this is what happened to me but hard to tell with negative tests

Basically had what I have now about three weeks ago and it’s now Covid

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70197 on: July 16, 2022, 10:28:29 pm »
I'm pretty much over mine, and although I'm grateful is was very mild, I don't fancy catching it again in just three weeks! I guess there must be a lot of variants going around.

Covid has more variants than Loki right now.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #70198 on: July 17, 2022, 10:59:08 am »
Parked in front of the sofa, leftover pizza, a day of watching the golf I guess.

Slightly sore throat today, but again, noting too bad at all. Touch wood.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70199 on: July 17, 2022, 11:02:03 am »
Is the new Moderna vaccine likely to be the autumn/winter booster?