Author Topic: DOTA 2  (Read 17411 times)

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
Re: DOTA 2
« Reply #200 on: October 10, 2015, 02:30:44 pm »
Is Dotabuff Plus worth it?

The new features are pretty alright. You can track your global percentile with certain heroes, and there's a tracker that tracks your mmr gain / loss and plots it into a graph so you can review it and see when you should be playing and when not (I.e if a trend over 2 months is that you lose games between 11 pm and 1am, you're either too tired and shouldn't be playing or that's when the scrubs come out, either way avoid it). Useful data I guess.

For the hero tracker, I found it abit odd that I have a high80 plus  percentage on counted games on Elder Titan over 40 ish games, but I'm still only platinum 4 (platinum 1 being the highest, with a whole separate tier above that populated by streamers and pros). Struck me as odd, but maybe there are indeed many good ET players lol.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: October 21, 2015, 07:11:26 pm »
http://www.dotabuff.com/players/91808484

Haven't played for awhile tho
Another good player. Will add you on Steam mate.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #202 on: October 21, 2015, 07:35:43 pm »
Getting sick of this

Since the Source 2 update, I'm playing with absolute fuckwits. Have they reduced the importance of hidden MMR, so I need to do my placement matches to get out of this trench?

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: October 21, 2015, 07:39:29 pm »
Getting sick of this

Since the Source 2 update, I'm playing with absolute fuckwits. Have they reduced the importance of hidden MMR, so I need to do my placement matches to get out of this trench?
Connection issues too. Dota 2 was pretty tight on mechanics. Teams well matched in terms of experience and ability. Think they are trying to cater for all the new players, diluting the matchmaking equations.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #204 on: October 21, 2015, 07:44:07 pm »
Connection issues too. Dota 2 was pretty tight on mechanics. Teams well matched in terms of experience and ability. Think they are trying to cater for all the new players, diluting the matchmaking equations.

The connection stuff would be hilarious if it didn't ruin so many matches

I've been relegated to playing with/against people who have potatoes instead of routers, and people who ragequit after first blood or not getting the lane they wanted. Then throw in the unreliable servers, and its a mess right now.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: October 27, 2015, 02:33:31 pm »
The changes to how Low Priority Queue works are pure evil genius. People have to actually win the games now, and abandoning increases the requirement by one.

Also, my quest to recover the absurd amount of MMR points I lost during the Sniper and Troll Warlord era is almost done. I've gone up close to 600 points in the last two months, playing support roles mostly. One more ranked win, and I'll be over my all time personal best. :o

« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 02:35:04 pm by JongWK »
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2015, 02:48:23 pm »
Played with a mid Pudge earlier who went 0-12-2

Missed a hook against a group of stunned enemies from literally about 10 feet away

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: April 5, 2016, 07:26:48 pm »
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)