Author Topic: What Podcasts do you listen to?  (Read 152384 times)

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
Re: What Podcasts do you listen to?
« Reply #240 on: May 27, 2016, 06:03:33 pm »
TESD and HBO are absolutely awesome. A recent 'non comedy' find is Sword and Scale. A true crime podcast that has some utterly amazing audio files to draw on, notably the Jim Jones/Jonestown Q042 recording. Sympathetic narration throughout. Oh, and Doug Stanhope's Shotclog podcast. The Bisbee cliffhanger episodes were just amazing/awful in equal measure.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #241 on: May 27, 2016, 06:05:40 pm »

You've mentioned so many and yet didn't mention the best of all. Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast.

Funnier material speaking off the cuff than 99.9% of comedians' written, rehearsed and performed stand up specials every week.

Juuuust checking in on ya!

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: May 27, 2016, 11:45:57 pm »
Current list is still extensive but mostly what I've posted before:

Wrestling:
The Art of Wrestling - Colt Cabana
The Steve Austin Show/Unleashed - Steve Austin (though I skip the ones with Ted Fowler and hunting stuff)
Talk Is Jericho - Chris Jericho (skip the music-based ones)
The Ross Report - Jim Ross (though I'm thinking of getting rid, he's really dull to get through at times)
Live Audio Wrestling (reviews of old shows, Review-A-Raw, general chat... good stuff.)

Science:
Astronomy Cast
Chemistry in its element (each are only 6-7 minutes long, handy if another show finishes but you haven't far to go to get somewhere and you want to listen to something)
The Infinite Monkey Cage (Robin Ince and Brian Cox)
Naked Astronomy, from the Naked Scientists
Physics World Science Podcast
PhysicsCentral
Science In Action
The Titanium Physicists Podcast (probably will delete soon, audio quality is fairly poor and the lead presenter gets on my tits)

Other
James O'Brien's Mystery Hour
No Such Thing As A Fish
Chequered Flag Formula 1
Coffee Break French/German/Spanish
Fighting Talk
Inquiring Minds
Justin Moorhouse About 30 Minutes Never More than 45
The Smartest Man in the World (Greg Proops)
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: May 31, 2016, 04:19:54 pm »
Any recommended Philosophy podcasts?

I've currently got the Philosopher's Arms which is good, and I've tried Philosophy Bites but the short lengths put me off.

The History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps podcast I rather enjoyed.  There are over 230 episodes at this point, around 25 minutes an episode, I usually listen to them when I'm running.  It's a chronological order series, so I'd recommend setting itunes (if you use it) to sort oldest to top, and work your way down.

Also the In Our Time podcast with Melvyn Bragg is quite enjoyable, albeit is dependent on the guests.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 04:22:18 pm by Ashburton »

Online Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #244 on: May 31, 2016, 05:10:25 pm »
My go to podcasts of the moment

Uhh Yeah Dude
Adam BBuxton Podcast(Damn word Thief)
The Anfield Wrap
Game of Thrones The Podcast
Atletico Mince( Bob Mortimer's ''Football'' pod)
Sword & Scale - Crime Podcast
Kermode & Mayo
Distraction Pieces with Scroobius Pip
Thinking Sideways
This American Life
Richard Herring's Leicester Sq Pod
Iain Lee on Talkradio

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: June 1, 2016, 10:44:55 am »

Just got onto this. Brilliant.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #246 on: June 1, 2016, 11:41:53 am »
My go to podcasts of the moment

Uhh Yeah Dude
Adam BBuxton Podcast(Damn word Thief)
The Anfield Wrap
Game of Thrones The Podcast
Sword & Scale - Crime Podcast
Kermode & Mayo
Distraction Pieces with Scroobius Pip
Thinking Sideways
This American Life
Richard Herring's Leicester Sq Pod
Iain Lee on Talkradio

Seems like a very good list that. Didn't know there was a GoTs Podcast
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #247 on: June 1, 2016, 12:01:21 pm »
Mentioned it in the Partridge thread - been listening to Monkey Tennis, which is basically a fan pod about series 1 of I'm Alan Partridge. Simple but effective and pretty funny.

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #248 on: June 18, 2016, 09:53:16 am »
Going through my subscribed pods -

The Anfield Wrap - obviously.

A Cast of Kings - Game of Thrones podcast with a book reader and a show watcher reviewing each episode - no spoilers!

Game of Thrones Podcast - more in depth discussion than above including theories but no spoilers.

Stuff You Should Know - what is says.

This American Life - Everyday stories are sometimes the most compelling.

Dan Snow's History Hit - Bitesize history podcast for those of us who cannot commit to hours and hours of Hardcore History.

Welcome to Nightvale - very weird and hard to describe - radio announcements from a small town in America where nothing is as it seems. Kind of lures you in.

Criminal - Episodes about various subjects around the themes of Crime and Punishment.

Unexplained - British real life stories of unexplained occurences and weird events - always presented rationally and with potential explanations.

Slates Trumpcast - unashamedly anti-Trump bitesize podcast - the (very good) Trump impersonator reading out his tweets is always a highlight.

Untold: The Daniel Morgan Murder - only 3 episodes released so far its about the brutal murder of a private investigator in London 30 years ago which remains unsolved.  All about police corruption, a corrupt media (News of The World), cover ups etc.  So far so very good.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #249 on: June 18, 2016, 10:06:57 am »
New series of RHLSTP out (as some of the cool kids are calling it).
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #250 on: June 18, 2016, 10:14:41 am »
New series of RHLSTP out (as some of the cool kids are calling it).

Thought this first one was quite poor.  Maybe it was the interviewee who I find very self-satisfied, or maybe my listening tastes have changed but I think it lacked comedy and verged too far in to introspection of their relative careers.

I hope it gets better as I have loved some of these.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #251 on: June 18, 2016, 10:55:03 am »
Whats the best app to download podcasts over Wifi, then listen to them out and about without needing data? I started listening to the Adam Buxton podcast on Spotify but ran out of data yesterday. (android)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 12:01:19 pm by Fancy Pants Gino »
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #252 on: June 18, 2016, 01:15:32 pm »
Bill Burrs podcast is pure hilarity

Especially when he starts giving dating advice
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Stevie-A

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: June 18, 2016, 02:26:17 pm »
Whats the best app to download podcasts over Wifi, then listen to them out and about without needing data? I started listening to the Adam Buxton podcast on Spotify but ran out of data yesterday. (android)

I use Podcast Addict on Android. Very good.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: June 18, 2016, 04:32:13 pm »
I use Podcast Addict on Android. Very good.
About to recommend the same, very good app and if your device has an external memory card the episodes can be saved onto that.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: June 18, 2016, 08:58:41 pm »
Trailer park boys is great if you like the TVs show

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: July 11, 2016, 10:47:20 pm »
I'm happy to have found this thread, as I've just ditched 'Chequered Flag Formula 1' and 'Real Crime Profile', as I've grown to hate the presenters and they were just making me angry, and I was worried I wouldn't find any replacements.  I needn't have worried, as I've just been through the previous 2 pages and found 4 new ones which sound decent.

As well as the apparently obligatory TAW and Guardian Football Weekly, I subscribe to 'The New Statesman Podcast' and 'The View From 22' Spectator Podcast for politics.  As you can imagine, they've been pretty interesting these past 3 weeks.  Also, 'Moral Maze' and 'In Our Time' for radio programmes I used to listen to in the olden days when radio was still a thing.

I go with Pocket Casts, which works well for me.

I was a late comer to the whole downloading podcasts thing , only started last year when TAW Player started.  I thought it was just something iphone people did prior to that.

Only problem is, I hardly ever listen to my music now.  Ah well, only so many hours in a day.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:48:53 pm by armchair-fan »

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: July 12, 2016, 02:09:15 am »

Radiolab, with Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich, is a radio show and podcast weaving stories and science into sound and music-rich documentaries.
Beautifully put together and has become probably the defining house style for the better NPR podcasts.  Credible and fun hosts

Yeah, these are excellent, been picking my way through them the past week or so. Always interesting and a nice variety of subjects.

http://www.radiolab.org/series/podcasts/

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: August 28, 2016, 04:41:29 pm »
Atletico Mince is hilarious.   The Mark Lawrenson and Michael Owen story had me in stitches.   ;D
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: August 28, 2016, 11:14:02 pm »
Atletico Mince is hilarious.   The Mark Lawrenson and Michael Owen story had me in stitches.   ;D

Yeah thanks to everyone in this thread who recommeded this one, I just had a 4 hour train journey so I downloaded some episodes of it after seeing it mentioned. I love Bob's sense of humour and was laughing myself silly.

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #260 on: August 28, 2016, 11:46:48 pm »
Used to listen to the Joe Rogan Experience and still do occasionally if there is someone interesting but lately I find him depressing.

I listen to Jason Ferrugia's Renegade Radio.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #261 on: August 29, 2016, 07:46:57 pm »
Yeah thanks to everyone in this thread who recommeded this one, I just had a 4 hour train journey so I downloaded some episodes of it after seeing it mentioned. I love Bob's sense of humour and was laughing myself silly.

Yes Im a lazy git...do you have a direct link to this episode please?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #262 on: August 29, 2016, 07:47:46 pm »
Been listening to the Star Wars Collectors Galaxy. Proper geek out stuff and toys to collect for the future etc.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Stevie-A

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: August 30, 2016, 07:01:32 am »

Poor Casper. Never good to have a snake with persistent gastroentereitis.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: August 30, 2016, 11:41:15 pm »
Yes Im a lazy git...do you have a direct link to this episode please?

Haven't gotten up to the Lawro episode yet myself but going off the descriptions I'm pretty sure it's this one : https://audioboom.com/boos/4972445-ep-25-inspiration-sophistication-integrity-and-style.mp3
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:48:05 pm by Slick_Beef »

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #265 on: August 31, 2016, 09:29:31 am »
Haven't gotten up to the Lawro episode yet myself but going off the descriptions I'm pretty sure it's this one : https://audioboom.com/boos/4972445-ep-25-inspiration-sophistication-integrity-and-style.mp3

Cheers buddy.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #266 on: August 31, 2016, 09:55:19 am »
If you're into the history of Hollywood 'Let's Remember This' by Karina Longworth is excellent. The short series on Charles Manson from earlier this year is highly recommended but they're all very good
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #267 on: August 31, 2016, 03:18:14 pm »
The Dollop is a funny, american history podcast. And the hosts aren't shy about pointing out how shitty some of american history is, and how many lessons have not been learned.

Two episodes I'd recommend are number 188, The Dominoes Pizza Story, because it's quite simply a fucked up story about an absolute loon, and 195, An American Pugilist in London, as it's sports and UK related. But really, I've listened to about fifty episodes and haven't heard a bad one yet.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #268 on: August 31, 2016, 07:38:56 pm »
History hit... By Dan Snow

Interviews with loads of eminent historians on a huge range of historical events.

Absolutely magical when it's at its best.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #269 on: August 31, 2016, 08:07:51 pm »
The Dollop is a funny, american history podcast. And the hosts aren't shy about pointing out how shitty some of american history is, and how many lessons have not been learned.

Two episodes I'd recommend are number 188, The Dominoes Pizza Story, because it's quite simply a fucked up story about an absolute loon, and 195, An American Pugilist in London, as it's sports and UK related. But really, I've listened to about fifty episodes and haven't heard a bad one yet.

Thanks - might give that a go.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: August 31, 2016, 09:03:51 pm »
If you're into the history of Hollywood 'Let's Remember This' by Karina Longworth is excellent. The short series on Charles Manson from earlier this year is highly recommended but they're all very good

It's actually called 'You Must Remember This' in case anyone doesn't find it.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: March 10, 2017, 08:54:11 pm »

Untold: The Daniel Morgan Murder - only 3 episodes released so far its about the brutal murder of a private investigator in London 30 years ago which remains unsolved.  All about police corruption, a corrupt media (News of The World), cover ups etc.  So far so very good.

Yes, I enjoyed that, an update in the Guardian today

(you have to admire his brother's tireless search for the truth and justice)

unsolved death dogs Murdoch bid for Sky and the Met’s reputation

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/10/daniel-morgan-how-private-eyes-haunts-britains-powerful-30-years-on

the podcast website:

http://www.untoldmurder.com/eps/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 09:13:17 pm by kavah »

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #272 on: March 11, 2017, 07:34:42 am »
It's actually called 'You Must Remember This' in case anyone doesn't find it.
Really enjoying this series as an antidote to the excessive number of Liverpool pods I listen to. Frank Sinatra, Kurt Cobain, Veronica Lake all good episodes and I've just started the Marilyn Monroe two parter.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #273 on: May 5, 2017, 03:07:59 pm »
A tender newbie to this podcast business, never really thought it was my thing. I now do the washing up listening to Atletico Mince every week, absolutely love it.

They did a little tour recently so new content has been thin on the ground, can anyone recommend anything similar, or if not, just summit really fucking good to fill the silent washing up void?

Online ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: May 5, 2017, 04:53:13 pm »
A tender newbie to this podcast business, never really thought it was my thing. I now do the washing up listening to Atletico Mince every week, absolutely love it.

They did a little tour recently so new content has been thin on the ground, can anyone recommend anything similar, or if not, just summit really fucking good to fill the silent washing up void?

I too am fairly new to the world of podcasts. I've been listening to a series called 'Sword and Scale', based on real life crimes. They are so engrossing, some contain a couple of stories a podcast, others are involved enough to fill the entire hour. The producers put a lot of effort into finding interesting cases, full of twists, with all different time periods and types of crime reported on. If true crime interests you, I thoroughly recommend giving it a go.

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #275 on: May 5, 2017, 05:13:52 pm »

Been listening to 'quickly Kevin, will he score?'

Pod on 90's football.
Very good.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #276 on: May 5, 2017, 05:40:56 pm »
The newest one I can recommend is S-Town. It's nothing like Atletico Mince, but is a brilliant listen.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: May 5, 2017, 07:21:26 pm »
Think it's been mentioned a few times but really been enjoying Pod Saves America and Pod Saves the World, gives a great insight into American politics from people that worked in the Obama administration.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #278 on: May 5, 2017, 08:03:43 pm »

Cracking aint it :D Do The Magic Sponge. Rob Beckett and Jimmy Bullard who have former footballers/refs on who have a few takes from back in the day.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
The Podcast Thread
« Reply #279 on: June 7, 2017, 11:33:09 am »
Having to drive for work, and often to areas with dodgy reception, I like to download podcasts for my entertainment. Here are some that I listen to with various degrees of regularity:

FOOTBALL:

The Anfield Wrap : https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/
The premier LFC podcast.

The Anfield Index feed : http://anfieldindex.com/
Depends if you like your LFC chat with a negative/pragmatic tone. Contributors from all over the world.

Football Weekly : https://www.theguardian.com/football/series/footballweekly
Journos corralled by the ever-amusing James Richardson. Tune-in for Fitba` corner!

5 lives World Football Phone in : http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02p9f7d/episodes/downloads
Not a regular listener to be honest, good for after a big LFC win though.

Talksport European Football: http://talksport.com/european-football-show-podcast
Dubious source, but I like Nat Coombs.

Blood Red podcast: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-blood-red-podcast-getting-13075246
Local source of info. Not that regular.

Sunday Supplement: http://www.skysports.com/watch/tv-shows/sunday-supplement/podcasts
If you can suffer the insufferable.

The Football Ramble: http://www.thefootballramble.com/
General footy chat.

AMERICAN FOOTBALL:

Raidernation podcast: http://www.raidernationpodcast.com/
I`m a Raiders fan.

95.7 The Game: http://www.957thegame.com/audio-channel/podcasts
Local news from Oakland/San Francisco (for now).

Around the NFL podcast: http://www.nfl.com/podcasts?series=aroundtheleague-podcast
The official podcast with occasional two-fingers-up to the "shadowy league figures".

Moving the Sticks: http://www.nfl.com/podcasts?series=movethesticks-podcast
It`s sister podcast.

OTHER SPORTS:

Toe-2-Toe Boxing Podcast: http://www.skysports.com/podcasts/toe-2-toe

5Live Boxing with Bunce & Costello: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04v5n4p/episodes/downloads
I could listen to Steve Bunce all day.

ENTERTAINMENT/COMEDY/SATIRE:

Friday Night Comedy from BBC Radio 4: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02pc9pj/episodes/downloads
Rotating seasons of; The News Quiz, The Now Show, Dead Ringers and also Newsjack.

On Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/
The Bugle, Answer me this, Do the right thing.

Kermode and Mayo Film Reviews: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lvdrj/episodes/downloads
The best movie podcast around. Want to know how to find it? Just find it. Hello to...etc, etc

The West Wing Weekly: http://thewestwingweekly.com/
The podcast walking us through episode by episode. Hosted by Josh Malina and Hrishikesh Hirway with some excellent guests, including many cast members.

This American Life: https://www.thisamericanlife.org/podcast
I`ll park this here in lieu of a more accurate slot. Tales from American Life.

As it Occurs to Me: https://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/as_it_occurs_to_me/
Richard Herring`s topical (at the time) sketch show.

The Dollop with Dave Anthony & Gareth Reynolds: http://thedollop.libsyn.com/
American based comedians examine stuff.

CHAT:

RHLSTP: https://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/richard_herring_lst_podcast/
The same Richard Herring chatting to comedians, actors etc. Listen to the one with Stephen Merchant taking the hump...

Adam Buxton: https://soundcloud.com/adam-buxton
In similar vein, with a gentler approach and catchy jingles.

WTF with Marc Maron http://www.wtfpod.com/
American stand-up/actor interviews everyone from Obama on down. Started off as mostly comedians, now people from many walks of public life and celebrity. Boomer Lives!

Here`s the Thing: http://feeds.wnyc.org/wnycheresthething
Alec Baldwin`s take on the genre.

Under the Skin with Russell Brand: http://www.russellbrand.com/podcasts/#
Conversations about life.

Distraction Pieces with Scroobius Pip: http://www.scroobiuspip.co.uk/distraction-pieces-podcast/
Long form interviews.

POLITICS:

Trumpcast: http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts/trumpcast.html
Feel the scorn, indignation and sheer affront at 45*  The excellent John Di Domenico is the voice of Trump.

Politico`s Nerdcast: http://www.politico.com/tag/nerdcast
A more serious/balanced view of world politics.

Agitpod with Owen Jones & Ellie Mae O'Hagan: https://player.fm/series/agitpod-with-owen-jones-ellie-mae-ohagan
Topical British Politics with a leftist lean.

Please suggest other podcasts you enjoy, I`ll add them here.

« Last Edit: June 8, 2017, 08:49:58 am by KillieRed »
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.