Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1888995 times)

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #9360 on: January 4, 2021, 02:52:23 pm »
Any talk of 'selling' Keita in the January window genuinely makes me laugh for just how inconceivable it is. No club would pay the £40-50 million in January for a player who has spent 3 years consistently injured.

However, thinking longer term - I think it's pretty obvious Keita won't be at the club, 18-24 months from now.

It's easy to jump on the bandwagon with him - but I was never fully convinced, not simply because he can't stay fit but also his form, which has been up and down on those rare occasions when he has stayed fit for a few weeks.

When we eventually signed him I thought we were getting an elite midfielder of the same bracket as Thiago - obviously not at that level, but someone who within a season or two could become one of the top 5 or 6 in the world in his position.

Not actually sure if there'd be interest from clubs abroad who could actually afford him - but I would bite their hand off for an offer in the £40-50 million region and go for someone a bit more robust who plays every week.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #9361 on: January 4, 2021, 04:08:49 pm »
No chance he goes anywhere this window, and the only way anyone will be buying him in the summer is if he manages to stay fit for the rest of the season without intermittently breaking down.  But if he does manage to stay fit, we'd likely give him another go next season.  And he'll get injured again.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9362 on: January 4, 2021, 04:27:28 pm »
Any talk of 'selling' Keita in the January window genuinely makes me laugh for just how inconceivable it is. No club would pay the £40-50 million in January for a player who has spent 3 years consistently injured.

However, thinking longer term - I think it's pretty obvious Keita won't be at the club, 18-24 months from now.

It's easy to jump on the bandwagon with him - but I was never fully convinced, not simply because he can't stay fit but also his form, which has been up and down on those rare occasions when he has stayed fit for a few weeks.

When we eventually signed him I thought we were getting an elite midfielder of the same bracket as Thiago - obviously not at that level, but someone who within a season or two could become one of the top 5 or 6 in the world in his position.

Not actually sure if there'd be interest from clubs abroad who could actually afford him - but I would bite their hand off for an offer in the £40-50 million region and go for someone a bit more robust who plays every week.

This is not a good take mainly because he’s been very good for us when on the pitch.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9363 on: January 4, 2021, 11:37:57 pm »
Is he injured again/still?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #9364 on: January 4, 2021, 11:38:06 pm »
Yep.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9365 on: January 4, 2021, 11:39:13 pm »
Yep.

Is it still the muscle injury or something different?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9366 on: January 4, 2021, 11:41:03 pm »
Is it still the muscle injury or something different?

Does anyone care anymore?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #9367 on: January 4, 2021, 11:43:34 pm »
Is he injured again/still?

Do you even have to ask?

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9368 on: January 5, 2021, 12:09:46 am »
Some utter shite in this thread. So glad the club isn't run the way some of these people think it should be. Why the fuck would we sell a player whose value is higher to us, even with reduced availability, than it is in a sale? We're in a weak bargaining position in January we'd be robbed blind.

He got injured, he's been more available than Thiago this season and as available as Milner. He's added far more the side than either of those two have thus far. Even if he's only available for 50% of our games look at the difference he makes e.g. Crystal Palace performance against the WBA or Newcastle performances.

Why are our fans such fucking bellends when players have injury problems, it's like the fucking Sturridge shit from a few years back. The players are not choosing to be injured. If you think you hate it, imagine how he feels. Last thing they need is c*nt fans criticising them for something they can't control.
Thiago has been unavailable because he was snapped by that gobshite Richarlison. Keita can't go two or three games without picking up a muscle strain or "fitness issue". Absolutely ridiculous comparison.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9369 on: January 5, 2021, 12:23:24 am »
Hell be proud to show off his medals to his grandkids one day, telling them he was part of a formidable Liverpool team

Offline Longwood NY

• Main Stander
  • Innit
« Reply #9370 on: January 5, 2021, 12:38:37 am »
Hell be proud to show off his medals to his grandkids one day, telling them he was part of a formidable Liverpool team
Your point is?

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9371 on: January 5, 2021, 12:57:32 am »
Your point is?

It will be a joyous, happy occasion

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9372 on: January 5, 2021, 02:43:39 am »
I really do not understand why people here are complaining about his injury record. He may just not be able to adapt to the physical English (tackles) game.

Both him and Thiago are so good that even though they are always injured, they are still tremendous assets to any team. Hopefully with the new doctor from Schalke coming in, we can see an improvement in their availability.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9373 on: January 5, 2021, 06:28:24 am »
I really do not understand why people here are complaining about his injury record. He may just not be able to adapt to the physical English (tackles) game.

Both him and Thiago are so good that even though they are always injured, they are still tremendous assets to any team. Hopefully with the new doctor from Schalke coming in, we can see an improvement in their availability.
Unfair to say this about Alcantara, he has just been here a few months. Was his injury record at Bayern bad?

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #9374 on: January 5, 2021, 06:39:00 am »
Unfair to say this about Alcantara, he has just been here a few months. Was his injury record at Bayern bad?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/thiago/verletzungen/spieler/60444

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9375 on: January 5, 2021, 08:20:10 am »
James Pearce "Klopp hoped to have Keita available for the Villa game"

If he is available, i would give him 60 and start him against United

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9376 on: January 5, 2021, 08:33:17 am »

Why?

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #9377 on: January 5, 2021, 08:34:24 am »

Get him up to speed by playing him at Villa but he won’t start at United.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9378 on: January 5, 2021, 08:38:16 am »
Why?

60 Minutes to get some fitness and let Hendo & Gini have a rest.

Start vs United because our midfield in the last 2 games hasn't worked

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9379 on: January 5, 2021, 08:39:40 am »
Fact remains our best performances recently have come with him starting.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9380 on: January 5, 2021, 11:38:50 am »
Fact remains our best performances recently have come with him starting.

He's our most dynamic, creative midfielder and it looks like now the only one who seems to offer a goal threat.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #9381 on: January 5, 2021, 12:06:31 pm »
He's our most dynamic, creative midfielder and it looks like now the only one who seems to offer a goal threat.

He can certainly progress the ball up to the forwards, something we are missing badly at the moment.

But he’s never fit so can’t really rely on him being available.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #9382 on: January 5, 2021, 12:09:48 pm »
But he’s never fit so can’t really rely on him being available.

I love the guy but we're up against it a little bit at the moment and not fit again, a shame but probably time to cut loose

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9383 on: January 5, 2021, 12:10:32 pm »
Why?

Because with Hendo and Fab at CB we need another good midfielder.  Ox just wasn't good yesterday and can't do what Naby does. 

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9384 on: January 5, 2021, 12:55:43 pm »
Why?

To increase the probability of winning football matches, you should field your players which are most good at playing football.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #9385 on: January 8, 2021, 11:46:13 pm »
Any idea when we will se Naby again?
He is having an awful time and it must be getting to him. He plays a couple of good games then he’s out for a month.
#JFT97

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #9386 on: January 9, 2021, 12:12:59 am »
Any idea when we will se Naby again?
He is having an awful time and it must be getting to him. He plays a couple of good games then he’s out for a month.
He's not been out for a month this season that I can remember. It's just the games come thick and fast, so out for 2 weeks you can miss 4 games (Jota's 6 weeks is feeling like an eternity for instance).

He was rumoured to be in with a chance of the Villa game but when Klopp was asked in the pre-match conference, the way he said no (something like "not for the Villa game, no") gave me the impression that he might be ready for the Man Utd game.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9387 on: January 12, 2021, 07:03:59 pm »
Anyone have any of Naby's stats on ball progression(i think thats what the stat was anyway :D ) over last couple of seasons? i've seen it on twitter and was surprised to see how well he's done compared to other players but i can't seem to find it

Salah was the best in 2018/19 for this ahead of Eden Hazard, managed to find this but not Naby's stats

However i did find this on Naby which i thought was quite interesting analysis, Especially "Finally, the best way to find space throughout opposition defence : between its lines. Regarding NK8, he likes to stay between first and second line (facing midfield). This positioning offers secured possession and strong domination, something the Scousers lacked a bit last season.

In fact, it helps his team organize a nice attacking shape. Going between opposition lines will allow Liverpool’s front three to get inside and fullbacks to go wide. This way, the players positions are extended all over the other half which gives the Reds clear domination. And when the opposition leaves no solution in an area, Keita can be handed the ball to switch play while keeping possession. Also, he can tuck in or interchange positions with Firmino to intervene in the final third"

https://thetacticiansreview.wixsite.com/thetacticiansreview/post/player-analysis-1-naby-keita
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 07:29:32 pm by LiamG »

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9388 on: January 13, 2021, 09:34:19 am »
Is he back for Sunday or what?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9389 on: January 13, 2021, 09:35:40 am »
Is he back for Sunday or what?

We will know on Friday. Klopp seemed to think he could be back for United.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9390 on: January 13, 2021, 09:36:40 am »
We will know on Friday. Klopp seemed to think he could be back for United.

Hopefully he is. I can't see him starting but he could be useful off the bench.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9391 on: January 13, 2021, 09:38:37 am »
Hopefully he is. I can't see him starting but he could be useful off the bench.

I very much doubt he gets on even if he is on the bench. A few weeks out then bringing him on cold for a fairly high intense game.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9392 on: January 13, 2021, 09:39:59 am »
I very much doubt he gets on even if he is on the bench. A few weeks out then bringing him on cold for a fairly high intense game.

I know but make use of him while you can!  ;D

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9393 on: January 13, 2021, 11:22:14 am »
I know but make use of him while you can!  ;D

haha yeah. like matip - if we can get 1-2 games out of him before the next month long injury we need to take it!

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
« Reply #9394 on: January 13, 2021, 02:38:48 pm »
Wasn’t in todays training pictures.
Champions

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9395 on: January 13, 2021, 02:44:04 pm »
Wasn’t in todays training pictures.

Was Joel?

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
« Reply #9396 on: January 13, 2021, 02:53:58 pm »
There is pics of him in training on Twitter

Team training? He wasn’t in the 10 or so I saw. Great news if he’s back !!
Champions

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9397 on: January 13, 2021, 02:54:25 pm »
Team training? He wasn’t in the 10 or so I saw. Great news if he’s back !!

Sorry i did some digging and its people re-using old photos

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
« Reply #9398 on: January 13, 2021, 02:55:08 pm »
Sorry i did some digging and its people re-using old photos

Damn.
Champions

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9399 on: January 13, 2021, 02:56:14 pm »
Although i think the club would block any images of Matip and Naby training before Sunday