Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 v Southampton 1 Bobby 5', Adams, Nunez 20, 41'  (Read 14650 times)

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Liverpool 3 v Southampton 1 Bobby 5', Adams, Nunez 20, 41'
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2022, 06:10:12 pm »
First half was great stuff,dunno who the co - com on USA was but he actually seemed to enjoy our footy,made a change!

Yeah it was nice not to have to listen to people who don't like Liverpool. It was good commentary.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2022, 06:13:26 pm »
Yeah it was nice not to have to listen to people who don't like Liverpool.

Like Jim Beglin. The weird prick.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2022, 06:15:19 pm »
Yeah it was nice not to have to listen to people who don't like Liverpool. It was good commentary.

I was on some ok USA thing too.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2022, 06:15:50 pm »
We're being bailed out by world class forwards and a freak of a goalkeeper.  Ali possibly pipped Nunez for motm.
Some brilliant stuff at times and some really ropey moments. Thiago pure silk again.

So we're being bailed out by having some good players in key positions? I know what you mean, of course, but teams win games like this all the time; we mostly totally outplayed them today.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2022, 06:16:25 pm »
The German commentator chappie enjoyed it too.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2022, 06:16:40 pm »
Like Jim Beglin. The weird prick.

Jm Beglin isn't that bad. I've heard way worse than him.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2022, 06:23:25 pm »
First half was great stuff,dunno who the co - com on USA was but he actually seemed to enjoy our footy,made a change!

Think I had the Manc Michael Brown on my stream?  He was rather complementary about us, I thought he'd be against us!
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2022, 06:25:10 pm »
We're being bailed out by world class forwards and a freak of a goalkeeper.  Ali possibly pipped Nunez for motm.
Some brilliant stuff at times and some really ropey moments. Thiago pure silk again.

What a weird take after a good 3-1 win.

Lol, like the others didn't do anything all game.

Phuk yoo

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2022, 06:27:53 pm »
Emlyn Hughes once described Southampton’s ground as “a sweaty little stadium”.
They seem to have a sweaty little team to match. Looking like they need a new manager bounce and sharp.
Thought we were good first half and contained them (with a couple of scares)
How Mo didn’t get a pen, when the ref had pulled him a few minutes earlier for far less, is not a mystery.
Thought Elliot had a very good game as did Robbo although he was less attacking than usual.
They tried targeting Trent but by and large him and Elliot snuffed them out.
Darwin looked like he was enjoying himself.
Bobby was just Bobby.
Thought VVD and Joe did well apart from the goal.
Thiago actually sent my eyeballs the wrong way with one of his body swerves. Incredible player.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2022, 06:33:19 pm »
What a weird take after a good 3-1 win.

Lol, like the others didn't do anything all game.

Never said that, but our forwards were world class.
You can paint it whatever way you like but we lacked control and gave up way to many big chances at home to a really poor team. Ali needed to be immense.

I'm delighted with the win and we just about deserved it, but if you think that was a measured and controlled performance then you're delusional.

As others have also pointed out , we were great at times but the flaws that have seen us drop from near perfection to a team fighting for top four were on display. Thankfully the best manager in the world will be well aware of that.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2022, 06:39:36 pm »
Thete are no perfect performances in football. Even the shittiest teams will have chances.

If you cannot see how well we played for the most part and more importantly,  how we've demonstrated significant improvement over our eatly season form, I don't know what to tell ya.

Phuk yoo

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2022, 06:43:18 pm »
Exactly.

Fucking annoying especially as we could have still won both despite playing shite

We're actually in pretty decent form. Won 8 of the last 10 in all competitions, and won 4 in a row now.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: November 12, 2022, 06:46:35 pm »
Thete are no perfect performances in football. Even the shittiest teams will have chances.

If you cannot see how well we played for the most part and more importantly,  how we've demonstrated significant improvement over our eatly season form, I don't know what to tell ya.

No perfect performances?  Have you not seen us for the last few years?   ;)

Seriously though, I know what you mean. Yea there's definite improvement. We look really dangerous again. Not to be disparaging to Bobby but I can't wait to see Diaz join Salah and Nunez.  I'm  just keeping my critical hat on watching the bad bits.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2022, 06:53:13 pm »
Think I had the Manc Michael Brown on my stream?  He was rather complementary about us, I thought he'd be against us!

Michael Bridges,according to this.https://worldsoccertalk.com/news/epl-commentators-on-nbc-nov-12-and-13-20221111-WST-407840.html

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #174 on: November 12, 2022, 06:53:26 pm »
Emlyn Hughes once described Southampton’s ground as “a sweaty little stadium”.

I always thought he said The Dell was 'stinky' and took a bit of stick for it.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #175 on: November 12, 2022, 06:57:51 pm »

Michael Brown grew up a Liverpool fan. Mentioned it years ago on Soccer AM when I used to watch it.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #176 on: November 12, 2022, 07:01:08 pm »
First half was great apart from the goal, still don't know what happened but it looked poor defending, seemed to just lose him?
Thiago really controlled the game from about 20 mins to half time, was phenomenal. Why spain don't rate him I have no idea.

Should really have had 2-3 more some great saves from their keeper, no doubt MOTD will just show Ali's saves and make it look like we scraped through. That said we made it unnecessarily uncomfortable in the second half, needed better composure and keep the ball, strangle the game.

Ref was pretty shite, the foul he gave against mo was ridiculous considering what he let them do to him and Adams didnt once jump for the ball just at the man every time. Don't know why we didnt start telling the ref to look at that, as he was clearly just ignoring it and sometimes pointing it out can be enough for them to actually do their job.
Couldn't tell whether we should have had a pen, but it looked like a tackle from behind, but not the best view.

Long break until abu dhabi now

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: November 12, 2022, 07:12:41 pm »
Lovely stuff. Robertson was fantastic and very nicely taken goals. Alisson is just phenomenal.

He has to be up there with the best keepers this league has ever seen. I think he’s better than Schmeichel who used to be number one for me. There is just so much more to his game than the other candidates.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #178 on: November 12, 2022, 07:22:35 pm »
The pass by Bobby to Robbo for Darwin's second was perfect.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #179 on: November 12, 2022, 07:25:17 pm »

Michael Bridges,according to this.https://worldsoccertalk.com/news/epl-commentators-on-nbc-nov-12-and-13-20221111-WST-407840.html

Whoever it was made a couple stupid comments, one of them about Nunez, around the 70 min mark, asking if he should have scored more goals by this stage of the season. And something about not liking or wanting to see ‘that kind of football’ when Thiago tried to do something fancy that didn’t come off!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: November 12, 2022, 07:57:07 pm »
That was dead sexy, the pass and the shot.

Yeah, loved the finish as well. Elliott's overall game was quality though, and I know we've had issues in midfield but along with Thiago, he's been a bright spark in there this season.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #181 on: November 12, 2022, 07:58:24 pm »
Never said that, but our forwards were world class.
You can paint it whatever way you like but we lacked control and gave up way to many big chances at home to a really poor team. Ali needed to be immense.

I'm delighted with the win and we just about deserved it, but if you think that was a measured and controlled performance then you're delusional.

As others have also pointed out , we were great at times but the flaws that have seen us drop from near perfection to a team fighting for top four were on display. Thankfully the best manager in the world will be well aware of that.

I think that is down to how comfortable we were in the game, there was another gear we could have gone into. That said, we needed to be a little bit more focused on getting the 4th goal. All in all a comfortable win.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: November 12, 2022, 08:00:34 pm »
I think that is down to how comfortable we were in the game, there was another gear we could have gone into. That said, we needed to be a little bit more focused on getting the 4th goal. All in all a comfortable win.
We lacked control in the first 15 minutes as well.

Was a good performance between 15-45 and thats all we needed. But overall its a tale of a side just not solid enough and giving away too many chances. Our defensive structure has turned to shite.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #183 on: November 12, 2022, 08:01:45 pm »
So…got to the World Cup with the league season just about still alive. Title gone but we’re looking in okay condition.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: November 12, 2022, 08:09:41 pm »
I agree, but I have no idea who it was.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: November 12, 2022, 08:10:28 pm »
Jm Beglin isn't that bad. I've heard way worse than him.
absolutely.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #186 on: November 12, 2022, 08:14:23 pm »
The second half of the first half (Jeff) was tremendous...with Darwin in full-on beast-mode, we were pacy, intricate, and should've scored more...midfield much improved too - Elliot's best game for us thus far...all things considered, more than happy with 6th at the season break...and equally happy with the half-time mince pies one of the lads brought with him.......Sainsbury's...shortcrust....unbeatable
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: November 12, 2022, 08:15:08 pm »
Thiago is a fucking genius.  worth buying a ticket just to watch him play.

one moment in the second half, two defenders were converging on him as he was getting ready to take a pass, he just shimmied his way between them and calmly moved the ball on.  I burst out laughing.

love the guy to bits.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2022, 08:17:55 pm »
Just seen the foul on Salah back, its a clear penalty.
Why does VAR not ask the ref to look at it again, he catches his foot and pulls back his shoulder... its a pen.

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2022, 08:25:28 pm »
Why does VAR not ask the ref to look at it again, he catches his foot and pulls back his shoulder... its a pen.

Yet when Mo hardly touch the defender inside their half the ref blew for a foul - the lack of ref consistency is the most annoying thing,

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2022, 08:25:49 pm »
So…got to the World Cup with the league season just about still alive. Title gone but we’re looking in okay condition.

State of some of the teams above us I'm not even sure of that right now. City are all over the place and who knows what kind of rhythm Arsenal will be in when the season restarts?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #191 on: November 12, 2022, 08:42:07 pm »

When did we last get a pen in the league? Must be going back ages. Yet we've conceded several this season.

We're fair game to fuck over.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #192 on: November 12, 2022, 08:48:37 pm »
https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/ytetv7/bellakotchap_challenge_on_salah_not_given_as_a/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

If the club does not stand up and raise a stink about this, especially as Klopp has actually been unfairly targeted by the FA for exactly highlighting this, then they deserve it to continue really. Maybe they don't care?
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: November 12, 2022, 08:54:01 pm »
Klopp wasn’t as enthused with that performance.

Still, despite those disastrous results against Forest and Leeds, we are generally on a good run of form, similar to the 20-21 season where we improved but hardly played any amazing football.

Despite the form, the break has come at a great time.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #194 on: November 12, 2022, 08:56:07 pm »
State of some of the teams above us I'm not even sure of that right now. City are all over the place and who knows what kind of rhythm Arsenal will be in when the season restarts?
i think we’re seeing a depressed season in terms of points but we’d still need perfection to go near.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #195 on: November 12, 2022, 09:19:53 pm »
Any extended highlights kicking about?

Struggling to find anything

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: November 12, 2022, 09:32:13 pm »
Klopp wasn’t as enthused with that performance.

Still, despite those disastrous results against Forest and Leeds, we are generally on a good run of form, similar to the 20-21 season where we improved but hardly played any amazing football.

Despite the form, the break has come at a great time.

We lacked control, can see why. Not sure if it was Southampton selling something or us taking the foot off the gas.

Anyhow, good 3 points. We look way more threataning in an attacking sense, but there are some real defensive fratalities there still. But all being said, it's a strange season and sounds like Klopp can't wait to have a pre-season again. 5-6 points off 4th with over a half a season to go - I'll take that.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: November 12, 2022, 09:33:30 pm »
We lacked control, can see why. Not sure if it was Southampton selling something or us taking the foot off the gas.

Anyhow, good 3 points. We look way more threataning in an attacking sense, but there are some real defensive fratalities there still. But all being said, it's a strange season and sounds like Klopp can't wait to have a pre-season again. 5-6 points off 4th with over a half a season to go - I'll take that.

He said we didn’t press well, we dropped too deep. Not surprising considering the amount of players we have who are physically past their best.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #198 on: November 12, 2022, 09:34:34 pm »
Any extended highlights kicking about?

Struggling to find anything

Try something here. You might have to close a few ads....
https://www.reddit.com/r/footballhighlights/comments/yt93zm/liverpool_vs_southampton_premier_league_12nov2022/
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Cali

• Main Stander
« Reply #199 on: November 12, 2022, 09:52:25 pm »
Good win we played well and it was an entertaining match Alisson motm and got to live nunez he’s great isn’t he