Author Topic: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)  (Read 1461703 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Virgil Van Dijk
« Reply #11240 on: February 18, 2023, 08:55:27 pm »
Klopp says 90 minutes today was really hard for him… so you have to wonder if he starts on Tuesday ….
On what planet do you think Virgil van Dijk isn't starting against Real Madrid in the Champions League?  ;D

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #11241 on: February 18, 2023, 08:56:27 pm »
On what planet do you think Virgil van Dijk isn't starting against Real Madrid in the Champions League?  ;D

On the one where I watched him play today and he wasn’t fully fit ?

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11242 on: February 18, 2023, 08:56:32 pm »

;D Indeed!

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #11243 on: February 18, 2023, 09:00:49 pm »

Depends on how he recovers.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11244 on: February 18, 2023, 09:05:30 pm »
On the one where I watched him play today and he wasn’t fully fit ?

My point still stands you fool.  8)

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11245 on: February 18, 2023, 09:16:47 pm »
Klopp says 90 minutes today was really hard for him… so you have to wonder if he starts on Tuesday ….
Considering Klopp only used 4 subs. I thought before the game Virgil might be tough to play 90, was a little surprised he was not subbed off like 80ish(I know he wants to stay on and get the clean sheet)
I would expect him to play tuesday.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #11246 on: February 18, 2023, 10:10:23 pm »
Yeah… I think you’re right there…

Still, he’s human…. Although the way he pinged the ball around today might make some doubt that
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #11247 on: February 19, 2023, 01:33:39 am »
Didn’t look like he’d been away, no rustiness at all. Hope he recovers well and is fully fit for Tuesday
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11248 on: February 19, 2023, 02:09:24 pm »
You forget just how many aerial balls he wins when he's not playing. Almost completely nullifies crossing as a threat for the opposition.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11249 on: February 19, 2023, 03:11:09 pm »
Looked much more like his old self. Long may it continue.

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #11250 on: February 19, 2023, 05:49:26 pm »
https://twitter.com/theanfieldalert/status/1627314633345204230?s=46&t=ZG0D44jhLznnEaerfSPBsg

Screamed when I saw this. Commentators didn’t even notice  :wanker

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #11251 on: February 19, 2023, 09:32:59 pm »
https://twitter.com/theanfieldalert/status/1627314633345204230?s=46&t=ZG0D44jhLznnEaerfSPBsg

Fekking Tyler going on about 'twin brothers'.  ::)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11252 on: February 19, 2023, 10:19:18 pm »

There is a reason why we rarely lose when he's on the pitch. His calmness really helps the team.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #11253 on: February 19, 2023, 10:20:39 pm »
You forget just how many aerial balls he wins when he's not playing. Almost completely nullifies crossing as a threat for the opposition.

Thats big Virgil for ya.

Winning all the headers even when hes not on the pitch  ;D

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11254 on: February 21, 2023, 10:05:56 pm »
ACL has had a massive impact on him. He’s now got the turning circle of an oil tanker.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11255 on: February 21, 2023, 10:13:32 pm »
ACL has had a massive impact on him. He’s now got the turning circle of an oil tanker.

Not really sure what he did wrong.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11256 on: February 21, 2023, 10:14:22 pm »
Not really sure what he did wrong.
Our midfield got bossed. Not sure what Virg could do.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11257 on: February 21, 2023, 10:16:27 pm »

Odd post

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11258 on: February 21, 2023, 10:19:40 pm »

I just don't understand this? He looked fine for mobility, outran attackers and took the ball a few times. The worst part of his game oddly was his heading, which was often to the opposition or into 50/50s.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #11259 on: February 21, 2023, 10:25:38 pm »
bornandbRED has been on this crusade for a long time.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11260 on: February 21, 2023, 10:29:17 pm »
Doesn't matter how good you are. if the people in front of you lose possession time and time again and you have men running at you from all angles, you have no chance. He was massively let down by his team mates out there tonight

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11261 on: February 21, 2023, 10:33:28 pm »
I don't think he did anything wrong tonight particularly, but he is slower. There's no getting around that. Remember that time he kept pace with Adama Traore? That ain't gonna happen anymore. Still reads the game better than anyone around and defends the area exceptionally well.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11262 on: February 21, 2023, 10:34:40 pm »
I don't think he did anything wrong tonight particularly, but he is slower. There's no getting around that. Remember that time he kept pace with Adama Traore? That ain't gonna happen anymore. Still reads the game better than anyone around and defends the area exceptionally well.
Centrebacks don't need to be rapid. He's still quick enough but we're an absolute mess in the middle.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11263 on: February 21, 2023, 10:35:17 pm »
Doesn't matter how good you are. if the people in front of you lose possession time and time again and you have men running at you from all angles, you have no chance. He was massively let down by his team mates out there tonight

Doesn't help having a centre back partner who is a liability.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #11264 on: February 21, 2023, 10:37:15 pm »
I really don't understand people saying he didn't do anything wrong. He is asleep the whole game and is just mentally not there. He doesn't tackle and every time he shows his back when a shot is made on goal. Agree 100% with what Carragher said about him today. If we had a better defender I would have put him on the bench, but unfortunately we don't have one.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11265 on: February 21, 2023, 10:41:28 pm »
I really don't understand people saying he didn't do anything wrong. He is asleep the whole game and is just mentally not there. He doesn't tackle and every time he shows his back when a shot is made on goal. Agree 100% with what Carragher said about him today. If we had a better defender I would have put him on the bench, but unfortunately we don't have one.

He doesn’t commit to anything or ever get to the ball anymore. Everything is passive. It’s chalk and cheese compared to what he was - probably my favourite defender ever as well. Just as bad as Gomez today.

Leadership needed on the third goal - he’s standing at the back post. For the fifth, he doesn’t get anywhere near closing down Vinicius on the left wing.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 10:43:02 pm by bornandbRED »

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11266 on: February 21, 2023, 10:44:01 pm »
Centrebacks shouldn't need to tackle that often. It's about reading and positioning and intercepting more than anything. Your sitting mid should be the monster tackler (5+ successful challenges per game) and well...

I've seen him get criticism for Benzema's 2nd goal, and I don't buy it. He makes the probabilistically correct play at every turn, but he's just caught between a rock and a hard place (letting Vinny Jr a direct run at goal vs leaving some recovery for Benzema), then it's perfectly okay to go back on the line and not expect three of your teammates to completely buy the dummy.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11267 on: February 21, 2023, 10:44:21 pm »
He doesn’t commit to anything or ever get to the ball anymore. Everything is passive. It’s chalk and cheese compared to what he was - probably my favourite defender ever as well. Just as bad as Gomez today.

He was not as bad as Gomez come on. Gomez was absolutely dreadful tonight

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11268 on: February 21, 2023, 10:45:25 pm »
Centrebacks shouldn't need to tackle that often. It's about reading and position and intercepting more than anything. Your sitting mid should be the monster tackler (5+ successful challenges per game) and well...

I've seen him get criticism for Benzema's 2nd goal, and I don't buy it. He makes the probabilistically correct play at every turn, but he's just caught between a rock and a hard place (letting Vinny Jr a direct run at goal vs leaving some recovery for Benzema), then it's perfectly okay to go back on the line and not expect three of your teammates to completely buy the dummy.
Also, given how high we play, sensible defenders would be unwilling to commit to tackles because they can either leave exposed or get cheap cards.

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #11269 on: February 21, 2023, 11:08:59 pm »
Soon as we get Konate back the better. Matip and Gomez have hardly been at the top of their game this season. An overhaul is needed with midfield a priority, but a new CB is equally important for me.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #11270 on: February 21, 2023, 11:14:10 pm »
Fucking Pickford!

Still good enough obviously but just not the collosus he was and probably never will be.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #11271 on: February 21, 2023, 11:25:41 pm »
Not the same player anymore. Lost that pace that he used to have and attackers don’t seem to be scared to have a go at him anymore.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #11272 on: February 21, 2023, 11:28:31 pm »
For all this lost his pace talk, it's still very rare to see a player actually go past him.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11273 on: February 21, 2023, 11:30:48 pm »
Not the same player anymore. Lost that pace that he used to have and attackers don’t seem to be scared to have a go at him anymore.

He''s barely lost any of it.  Funny how none of this crap was said about him last season. ;D

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11274 on: February 21, 2023, 11:32:29 pm »
He''s barely lost any of it.  Funny how none of this crap was said about him last season. ;D
The only thing is that he's not as dominant in the air as he used to be. His pace is still very good for a centreback because it's more about the tactical element like positioning that matter.

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #11275 on: February 21, 2023, 11:32:44 pm »
He’s still physically there nothing wrong with him at all. But he’s become weak in the air. Especially the opposition box. Maybe it’s our shit corners but he used to be such a threat in the opp box. He needs someone that challenge him but he is miles better than all our other cb’s.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11276 on: February 21, 2023, 11:32:58 pm »
The only thing is that he's not as dominant in the air as he used to be. His pace is still very good for a centreback because it's more about the tactical element like positioning that matter.

His aerial duel numbers are still brilliant.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11277 on: February 21, 2023, 11:33:13 pm »

I said it straight away, and he has, not really the problem tonight though if your midfield is porous, the minimum they can do is keep the ball well, we don't do that either so the defence will always looked exposed in that case, add that to a couple fluke goals and you get this result.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11278 on: February 21, 2023, 11:34:21 pm »
His aerial duel numbers are still brilliant.
They've regressed a bit. Before, he used to win everything in the air.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #11279 on: February 21, 2023, 11:34:32 pm »

What are you talking about? None of this shit was said about salah, hendo or Fabinho last season either. They’re older and the last 3-4 seasons they’ve had under their belt have took its toll on them. They’re just not the same players anymore. It’s hard to accept it but it’s the truth. We need to look to upgrade on each of these players within the next couple of transfer window as sad as it as. If we still had a peak salah VVD hendo and Fabinho, we wouldn’t be in this mess we’re in just now.