Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2906047 times)

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #24840 on: November 7, 2022, 06:38:24 am »
Rumours of his demise were greatly exaggerated (and utter bollocks).

It's clear from some of his play this season that he's lost none of his pace, none of his touch, and none of his guile, vision, or calmness in front of goal. Those are all qualities that often decline in a striker after 30 (sometimes earlier), but Mo is a special player that's done everything right in his career to ensure his body can keep up with his mind. He's such a special talent and his durability is off the scale - a rare thing for us in recent years.

You have to laugh at Garth Crooks on the BBC, who begrudgingly put him in his team of the week, and then just focused on his beloved Spurs:

Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)

If you are going to head the ball surely you do it away from your own goal and not behind you, especially when you haven't a clue what position your goalkeeper has taken. Eric Dier, for some inexplicable reason, decided to do just that and Spurs never recovered.

Tottenham took far too long to get going in this match and looked a shadow of the team that beat Marseille in the Champions League a few days ago. Liverpool have been widely inconsistent this season but fortunately for them they have Salah bang in form.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #24841 on: November 7, 2022, 07:19:07 am »
the question is - would you rather have mo in your first team or not?

stupid fucking question because the only answer is damn yes

class is permanent form is temporary
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #24842 on: November 7, 2022, 07:36:55 am »
His first was good but I just need to do a bit of drooling over his second. Great anticipation to start with, then I thought he’d knee’d it a bit too far ahead and the keeper was getting there, but his pace suddenly made it perfect, if a little closer to Lloris than he might’ve liked. But such speed of thought to adjust the type of finish needed in a split second and to delicately weight it to perfection into the far corner. Three or four aspects of that goal that a lesser mortal would’ve messed up but that Mo made almost look routine (it really wasn’t!)

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24843 on: November 7, 2022, 07:41:07 am »
Salah's 'return' to form makes the coaching and tactical decisions look pretty horrendous. Because it seems like we may have neutered, for months, one of the best players in the world, owing to tactical constraints put on him.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24844 on: November 7, 2022, 09:37:05 am »
Salah's 'return' to form makes the coaching and tactical decisions look pretty horrendous. Because it seems like we may have neutered, for months, one of the best players in the world, owing to tactical constraints put on him.
Or perhaps it was a lack of service, collective fatigue, injuries, everyone being off form, a drop in team confidence, constantly going a goal behind and chasing the game, a broken midfield that wasn't pressing or creating, integrating new players, and having to find new solutions each week to ongoing problems.

If Mo had a quiet spell when everyone else was playing great (and we were winning each week) then you may have a point, but you've made it sound like it was somehow a deliberate decision to keep him away from goal, which would be madness for one of the best strikers in world football.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24845 on: November 7, 2022, 02:06:49 pm »
Rumours of his demise were greatly exaggerated (and utter bollocks).

It's clear from some of his play this season that he's lost none of his pace, none of his touch, and none of his guile, vision, or calmness in front of goal. Those are all qualities that often decline in a striker after 30 (sometimes earlier), but Mo is a special player that's done everything right in his career to ensure his body can keep up with his mind. He's such a special talent and his durability is off the scale - a rare thing for us in recent years.

You have to laugh at Garth Crooks on the BBC, who begrudgingly put him in his team of the week, and then just focused on his beloved Spurs:

Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)

If you are going to head the ball surely you do it away from your own goal and not behind you, especially when you haven't a clue what position your goalkeeper has taken. Eric Dier, for some inexplicable reason, decided to do just that and Spurs never recovered.

Tottenham took far too long to get going in this match and looked a shadow of the team that beat Marseille in the Champions League a few days ago. Liverpool have been widely inconsistent this season but fortunately for them they have Salah bang in form.

I read that shite too. un-fucking-believable.  if he'd have found a way to put Mo in the team without mentioning Mo in the team, he'd have done that.  the man is a moron.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24846 on: November 7, 2022, 02:09:13 pm »
His first was good but I just need to do a bit of drooling over his second. Great anticipation to start with, then I thought he’d knee’d it a bit too far ahead and the keeper was getting there, but his pace suddenly made it perfect, if a little closer to Lloris than he might’ve liked. But such speed of thought to adjust the type of finish needed in a split second and to delicately weight it to perfection into the far corner. Three or four aspects of that goal that a lesser mortal would’ve messed up but that Mo made almost look routine (it really wasn’t!)
there can't be any player who is more nailed-on to score on a breakaway than Mo. his calmness and skills are unbelievable.

no wonder defenders shit themselves and make mistakes around him.  seeing him coming at you when you don't have fiull control of the ball ...
« Last Edit: November 7, 2022, 07:23:12 pm by SamLad »

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24847 on: November 7, 2022, 04:38:12 pm »
His second touch for the second goal was like his second touch for his hat trick goal at Old Trafford last year - looks like he's overhit it, keeper gets sucked out suddenly thinking he can get there first, and then it's past him before he has time to set himself for the shot.  The guy is a genius with the football.  We'll be singing his name for years to come, long after he's finished gracing the pitch.

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #24848 on: November 8, 2022, 02:49:30 am »
Loving the understanding that he is forming with Nunez.   Maybe play with a front 2 depending on the game/opponent may work well in the future.   
Klopp that!

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24849 on: November 8, 2022, 08:38:10 am »
Or perhaps it was a lack of service, collective fatigue, injuries, everyone being off form, a drop in team confidence, constantly going a goal behind and chasing the game, a broken midfield that wasn't pressing or creating, integrating new players, and having to find new solutions each week to ongoing problems.

If Mo had a quiet spell when everyone else was playing great (and we were winning each week) then you may have a point, but you've made it sound like it was somehow a deliberate decision to keep him away from goal, which would be madness for one of the best strikers in world football.

So I'm including last season in this where lots of these things weren't an issue. In fact you could argue that the 2nd half of last season is this exactly, "Mo had a quiet spell when everyone else was playing great (and we were winning each week)". And obviously I'm including this season where we've had all those issues but recently Salah has been scoring anyway whilst playing closer to the goal more often. And yet earlier in the season, when he was playing out wide more often, he was struggling, similarly to last season.

So when you've got a situation where in 21/22 Salah struggled in the 2nd half of the season, and seemed to be playing quite wide a lot of the time even when the team was still doing well and the same issue for Salah in 22/23 with the team significantly struggling I think it's worth asking whether the problem wasn't simply the team's success/ failure, but Salah's specific instructions. As those instructions changed Salah immediately started scoring from open play more often even as many of our issues are ongoing.

I don't think it's all about the tactics, and I was being quite strong in my original post but I think it's reasonable to ask what we were thinking with the wide right trio of Trent, Salah and the RCM which left Salah hugging the touchline A LOT and left his goal scoring numbers WAY down.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2022, 08:41:01 am by Knight »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24850 on: November 11, 2022, 06:10:51 pm »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #24851 on: November 11, 2022, 06:15:43 pm »
That is so funny.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24852 on: November 11, 2022, 07:28:12 pm »
;D

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkylkfFIymG/

I've grown to really dislike the prick & wish he'd never stepped foot in our Club.

LFCtv need to edit him out of the advert as well,talking about giving refugees a chance,it should've been removed as soon as he threw a deaf'un over the Ukraine,the fucking prick
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24854 on: November 12, 2022, 10:14:51 am »
Finally got round to watching some of those videos - thanks Jason for taking the time to put together such a great compilation.

When he joined in summer 2017 I never thought in my wildest dreams he'd become so good for us. In 5 and a bit seasons he's level with Stevie on European goals, only 2 behind Kenny in total goals for the club, 13 behind Fowler (and only 16 behind Stevie in all competitions). How many players can you say could overtake The King and God in one season.

If he continues his current form and scoring, he could well be in our top 5 scorers in the history of the club in only 6 seasons. Considering the players we've been blessed with down the years that would be quite some achievement, and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Hopefully another goal today, then 6 weeks to get the proper rest and pre-season he hasn't really had since AFCON.

He's been a talisman for us so often in recent years, and refreshed Mo could be just the tonic for us to climb back up the table and have a good go at all 3 cups.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24855 on: November 12, 2022, 04:25:55 pm »
It's ok, it's Mo Salah, just foul him.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24856 on: November 12, 2022, 04:57:38 pm »
It remains my footballing dream to see him get a penalty when he's assaulted in the penalty area.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #24857 on: November 12, 2022, 05:00:54 pm »
It remains my footballing dream to see him get a penalty when he's assaulted in the penalty area.

Some dreams are just unreasonable and should not be continued. 

No penalty for Mo.
Ref's Reason: He's still alive,  ain't he? On you go.
VAR: Good. Agreed.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24858 on: November 12, 2022, 05:08:13 pm »

I've grown to really dislike the prick & wish he'd never stepped foot in our Club.

LFCtv need to edit him out of the advert as well,talking about giving refugees a chance,it should've been removed as soon as he threw a deaf'un over the Ukraine,the fucking prick

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

What a load of shite. Virtue signalling nonsense.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24859 on: November 12, 2022, 05:37:36 pm »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24860 on: November 12, 2022, 05:40:04 pm »
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

What a load of shite. Virtue signalling nonsense.

Do you even have half a clue what I am on about ?

Me virtue signalling  :lmao :rash,get to fuck man

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #24861 on: November 12, 2022, 05:40:06 pm »

Marcus Rashford would like a word.

He is clever too, you know...
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #24862 on: November 12, 2022, 06:02:07 pm »

Do you even have half a clue what I am on about ?

Me virtue signalling  :lmao :rash,get to fuck man
🤣
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #24863 on: November 12, 2022, 06:05:31 pm »

It's getting beyond a joke now what defenders get away with when fouling (assaulting) salah  🤬😡
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 06:08:45 pm by nayia2002 »
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24864 on: November 12, 2022, 06:06:46 pm »
It's getting beyond a joke now what defenders get away when fouling (assaulting) salah now 🤬😡

I think that is the 1st time I've seen him swear at the ref.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #24865 on: November 12, 2022, 06:19:46 pm »
Didn't score or assist, obviously back in decline now ;)
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #24866 on: November 12, 2022, 06:27:36 pm »
I think that is the 1st time I've seen him swear at the ref.
He was furious - usually he just shrugs ruefully, not this time.

The ref was diabolical.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #24867 on: November 12, 2022, 06:31:34 pm »
I think its time the whole team just surround the ref every time he willfully ignores assault on Salah. Every single player to give him an earful. Lets see if he has the balls to book everyone in one go.

Also, Salah MUST stay down. He gets up too fast, tries to be honest.
Have the physio come on etc.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24868 on: November 12, 2022, 06:39:27 pm »
I laughed when a foul was given against him for a hand on someone's shoulder.  Peak irony.

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #24869 on: November 12, 2022, 08:09:35 pm »
First time I seen him angry about a decision. Before he used to just laugh it off but he must be seeing the diving KDB,Kane etc are getting rewarded for every week while he’s getting grappled like he’s in a MMA bout.

Deffo need an explanation by the ref why that wasn’t looked at.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #24870 on: November 12, 2022, 08:45:50 pm »
Ladies and gents. This is how to stop Salah scoring.
Just kick his shooting leg then drag him down. Its ok if its by the armpit and not the shirt.
Can also grab his neck or cling onto him like a baby kangaroo.
No penalty will be given,no worries.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/ytetv7/bellakotchap_challenge_on_salah_not_given_as_a/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24871 on: November 12, 2022, 08:51:46 pm »
He was furious - usually he just shrugs ruefully, not this time.

The ref was diabolical.

That frustration will be running through the team,it's about time that we started to act the c*nt with the refs,every fucker else does it so why shouldn't we.

Lets place bottom of the fair play league for a change.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24872 on: November 12, 2022, 11:46:32 pm »
I don't think I've seen Mo as livid as he was today after that nonsense.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24873 on: November 13, 2022, 12:50:41 am »
…Also, Salah MUST stay down. He gets up too fast, tries to be honest.
Have the physio come on etc.

I think he made a strategic decision to do that. At the height of Garth Crook’s “Salah is a diver campaign” on the bbc. He’d have been booked every time there was no broken bones.

As well as the pen yesterday the one were he turned the lad and got an arm in the face and the ref gives a free kick against Mo !

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #24874 on: November 13, 2022, 06:05:58 am »
I think he made a strategic decision to do that. At the height of Garth Crook’s “Salah is a diver campaign” on the bbc. He’d have been booked every time there was no broken bones.

As well as the pen yesterday the one were he turned the lad and got an arm in the face and the ref gives a free kick against Mo !
Is there any clips of that? What was the reason for that free? I was baffled at the time.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #24875 on: November 18, 2022, 03:35:01 am »
+ Facts
====================

- Salah has played more than any other attacker in the Premier League except Harry Kane this season, and has accumulated the eighth-most minutes overall. But while the Spurs forward is playing every minute for England in Qatar, the Egyptian will have some valuable time to recharge the batteries.

- If Liverpool were hand-picking a player to save from the World Cup, it may well be Salah. He endured a similar mid-season tournament last season, repeatedly playing 120 minutes on his journey to the Africa Cup of Nations final, and a proper break is long overdue.

- When it comes to outfielders, only Gabriel Magalhaes, Jarrod Bowen and a certain Mohamed Salah will be getting a breather. A couple of others on the list won't be guaranteed starts in Qatar, like Eric Dier.

- For Liverpool, the boost is made even stronger by the fact that Salah is one of the few to receive it. Klopp will not be quaking in his boots at the thought of a recharged Bowen and Gabriel, but the rest of the league will certainly be worried by a well-rested Egyptian King.

- https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-mohamed-salah-world-cup-25509320
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24878 on: November 21, 2022, 09:53:45 pm »
;D

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkylkfFIymG/

Such a shame that Lovren is simply a twat. Still willing to play for Zenit.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24879 on: November 21, 2022, 09:55:29 pm »
Such a shame that Lovren is simply a twat. Still willing to play for Zenit.

And wants people to think about the hardship of people fleeing war,that is unless those people are Ukrainian.

Conspiracy loving,fence sitting twat.