Author Topic: Suarez: Why We Must Stand By Our Man  (Read 27314 times)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Suarez: Why We Must Stand By Our Man
« on: December 28, 2011, 10:40:13 am »

[The main thread is locked so hope it's ok to post this here]

So it seems a man is only innocent until stitched up by an institution and media dripping with posturing, pious, self-righteous indignation.

Thank goodness there are so many Reds who are strident in their support for Luis Suarez and the club’s support of their player – based not simply on loyalty but rather on the application of a rationale that rightly sees the injustice in what has taken place. In sobering contrast, the views of Brian Reade, Tony Evans and several other notable Reds rank as dispiriting as anything I've read from tried and trusted high profile Liverpool fans. We now even have the manifestation of that all so rare breed – the self-righteous Liverpudlian – as Tony Evans apparently queries the distinct absence of empathy amongst Liverpool supporters for Patrice Evra.   

Either by maintaining that a racial law/rule has been unequivocally broken and/or that LFC are wrong to have contested the FA ruling and/or are wrong for not having apologized and/or, finally, are wrong in challenging Evra's credibility; these prominent Liverpudlians - whether they care to admit or not – have effectively aligned themselves behind a contemptible witch hunt via their support for the ruling of an inept, corrupt and morally bankrupt organisation and, worse, the xenophobic scum that ranks as the English media.

Now for all we mere mortals know, it may be that such a coincidental ‘collective’ take on the fact that a racism law/rule has been broken stems from some underground grapevine – a shared/privileged insight that reveals Luis Suarez has indeed lied about the innocence of his alleged 'negro/negrito' remark and has knowingly used either the former remark in its ‘black person’ English idiom or has used some other remark, one that is incontrovertibly racist.

If either were proven to be the case then Luis Suarez will have wilfully made a fool of everybody who believes in his innocence. In which case, he would be rendered a pariah by every Liverpudlian.

What seems more likely is that these high profile folks have accepted 'communally' an interpretation – perhaps even on advice from a shared ‘expert’ legal source – that in England the law of the land deems that the word 'negro/negrito' ranks as racist whatever its innocuous Uruguayan meaning. If so, then I’m sure many of us will be dismayed that people hitherto regarded highly within the Liverpool family have so eagerly and readily bought into such narrow and intolerant interpretation – especially prior to the disclosure of the full facts of the episode.

From where many ordinary reds are standing, such a stance – certainly at this premature stage of proceedings - seems tantamount to a betrayal. The very antipathy of solidarity. Shoulder to shoulder with an odious c*nt rather than one of our own.

Where is objective reasoning in such a stance? Why the seemingly intrinsic rejection of what to any reasonable interpretation seems fair and just merely to ensure a distancing from what the politically correct seem to be falling over themselves to brand as a racist mentality/fraternity?

Of course, by bending to the baying Englander majority, they will have lost respect of many Reds – most I would wager without a single ounce of genuine racist feeling within their entire being – who can see the absurdity of implementing in this particular instance such a misguided and self-serving philosophy – particularly at this juncture without any hard facts disclosed one way or the other save for the findings of a three man panel minus the remotest expertise in the Spanish tongue and, more pointedly, within the complex minefield of racism. 

I presume most of us are by now aware about how the Uruguayan ‘street level’ colloquilism 'Porque, negro/negrito' can – dependent upon situation and context – mean anything from 'why, pal' to 'what the fuck's up with you cunthooks'. How it carries no racist connotations whatsoever, in the minds of a Uruguayan whether he be resident in Uruguay, Walton Breck Road or Timbuckfuckingtu. And a Uruguayan, that is, barely able to converse about a goal he has scored in the tongue of his latest adopted land let alone the complexities of which of his pet Latin phrases constitutes a racist term to his new neighbours. To deem it a racist insult simply because the English derivative of the original Spanish word has but one interpretation to a native Englander tells us only of the intolerance and ignorance of those viewing it as such.

To expand on this, I'm posting a link to an intelligent and insightful article written on the subject. Though written by an expert in South American linguistic studies, personally I believe the article is actually attempting to be too impartial. The guy is certainly no Luis Suarez apologist. It actually does Luis no favours in portraying his character. It also fails spectacularly to mention the root cause of the entire affair – namely what an out and out skin colour paranoid snarling c*nt of a man Evra truly is. In effect - bar rightly and justly sticking up for South Americans to get a fair crack of the whip in the arena of racism - the person writing it has no axe to grind with regard to either protaganist.

Nevertheless, the principal theme of the piece captures beautifully the hypocritical ineptitude and almost unquestionably, as far as I'm concerned, the prejudice, corruption and perniciousness that lies at the heart of the FA and, by association, any body appointed by it to provide any investigative work on its behalf. What it says about the mixed up sensibilities of some of our fellow Liverpudlians I’ll leave folks to decide for themselves.     

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/premierleague/story/football-association-taking-narrow-view-of-racism-luis-suarez-patrice-evra-manuel-barcia-122411?m_n=true

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Why I'm standing by Luis Suarez
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 11:04:52 am »
Absolute disgrace that the judgment hasn't been published.

If we don't stand by Luis who will?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 11:10:47 am by R.A.La »
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 11:08:44 am »
I'm Suareztacus!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 11:12:49 am »
Good OP.

Unless the FA can come up with something that shows that Suarez willfully, deliberately and with forethought and malice intentionally set out to Racially abuse Patrice Evra then I'm standing by him.

I have no patience for racists, bigots or Xenophobic twats.

I also have no patience for organsations such as the FA. I was going to produce a list of everything they are, but I doubt there are few on these forums that are now in any doubt exactly what they are. Suffice to say, they are an embarrasment to the British people who deserve far better.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline shankstheman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 11:15:10 am »
An absolute cracker of a piece!!

Luis Suarez is not a racist.
"Chairman Mao has never seen a greater show of red strength." Bill Shankly

"The difference between Everton and the Queen Mary is that Everton carry more passengers!" Bill Shankly

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 11:17:16 am »
I thought this was interesting, I'd love to see the case sent to the CPS.

Lawyers accuse Liverpool and Chelsea Football Clubs of condoning Suarez and Terry Racism

The Society of Black Lawyers (SBL) has condemned Liverpool and Chelsea Football Clubs for appearing to condone the alleged racism of Luis Suarez and John Terry. The organisation is urging the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) to treat the Suarez affair as a racist incident and argues that there should be no difference in the treatment of the two players.

The Society of Black Lawyers (SBL), has condemned as indefensible, the stance of Chelsea and Liverpool Football Clubs for appearing to endorse the alleged acts of racism perpetuated by John Terry and Luis Suarez respectively.

Chelsea F.C. issued a statement, expressing their unconditional support after captain John Terry was charged with a racially aggravated public order offence relating to alleged remarks to Queens Park Rangers (QPR) defender Anton Ferdinand. Meanwhile, Liverpool F.C. has continued to defend the behaviour of Luis Suarez following the eight-match ban given to the Uruguayan who was found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United’s Patrice Evra.

The SBL was one of the main organisations that successfully campaigned for racism to be criminalised and recognised as a hate crime in the Crime and Disorder Act 1998. The organisation intends to make a formal complaint to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) about the racist and offensive language used by Luis Suarez and will urge the CPS to treat the matter as a racist incident requiring a full and proper investigation. The SBL will also urge the CPS to prosecute Mr Suarez if the outcome of the investigation evinces a reasonable prospect of a conviction according to the public interest test contained within the Code for Crown Prosecutors.

The SBL contends that there should be no difference in the treatment of the two players and as both football clubs are the players’ respective employers, such instances of racism ought to have been treated as allegations of gross misconduct by the clubs and not simply denied as being completely unfounded.

SBL Co-Chair, Peter Herbert OBE commented:

“To our knowledge, neither club has bothered to conduct its own independent investigation or hold a disciplinary hearing. If such serious allegations of racism had been made in the workplace, any reasonable employer would consider itself to be under a strict duty to conduct a full, detailed and impartial investigation into the allegations, and not simply to state that they stand behind the denials of the player concerned.

The punitive effects of racism are felt by thousands of people in Britain each day. The response of the Footbaall Association (FA) and the CPS must be robust to protect others from the humiliation, pain and suffering that this type of hate crime inflicts. There is no reason why Suarez should not face criminal charges. When individual football clubs and fellow players – both black and white – endorse this kind of behaviour, they themselves become part of the problem because they stand in the way of the total eradication of racism from the sport. Their denial and appeasement reflects an abdication of their role as responsible players or employers.”

http://www.blacklawyer.org/?post=lawyers-accuse-liverpool-and-chelsea-football-clubs-of-condoning-suarez-and-terry-racism
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 11:18:26 am »
The disgraceful abuse that Evra has since had to put up with on Twitter from some absolute fucktards (as highlighted by Stan Collymore) - that's racism.

Luis Suarez is not a racist.

Offline stardorman

• Very gullible, please avoid showing him photoshops
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • working in a coal mine, going down, down, down..
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 11:19:00 am »
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.. But when ur own brother stands wrongly accused by one of the most corrupt organisations in europe u would expect ur own fans to at least give the player support and not bay to the English media bias.. that twat Ollie Holt said it all yesterday about Tony Evans.. Brilliant bit of writing without fear Tony.

YNWA Luis

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 11:21:47 am »

Lawyers accuse Liverpool and Chelsea Football Clubs of condoning Suarez and Terry Racism

The Society of Black Lawyers (SBL) has condemned Liverpool and Chelsea Football Clubs for appearing to condone the alleged racism of Luis Suarez and John Terry. The organisation is urging the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) to treat the Suarez affair as a racist incident and argues that there should be no difference in the treatment of the two players.

The Society of Black Lawyers (SBL), has condemned as indefensible, the stance of Chelsea and Liverpool Football Clubs for appearing to endorse the alleged acts of racism perpetuated by John Terry and Luis Suarez respectively.

Chelsea F.C. issued a statement, expressing their unconditional support after captain John Terry was charged with a racially aggravated public order offence relating to alleged remarks to Queens Park Rangers (QPR) defender Anton Ferdinand. Meanwhile, Liverpool F.C. has continued to defend the behaviour of Luis Suarez following the eight-match ban given to the Uruguayan who was found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United’s Patrice Evra.

The SBL was one of the main organisations that successfully campaigned for racism to be criminalised and recognised as a hate crime in the Crime and Disorder Act 1998. The organisation intends to make a formal complaint to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) about the racist and offensive language used by Luis Suarez and will urge the CPS to treat the matter as a racist incident requiring a full and proper investigation. The SBL will also urge the CPS to prosecute Mr Suarez if the outcome of the investigation evinces a reasonable prospect of a conviction according to the public interest test contained within the Code for Crown Prosecutors.

The SBL contends that there should be no difference in the treatment of the two players and as both football clubs are the players’ respective employers, such instances of racism ought to have been treated as allegations of gross misconduct by the clubs and not simply denied as being completely unfounded.

“To our knowledge, neither club has bothered to conduct its own independent investigation or hold a disciplinary hearing. If such serious allegations of racism had been made in the workplace, any reasonable employer would consider itself to be under a strict duty to conduct a full, detailed and impartial investigation into the allegations, and not simply to state that they stand behind the denials of the player concerned.

The punitive effects of racism are felt by thousands of people in Britain each day. The response of the Footbaall Association (FA) and the CPS must be robust to protect others from the humiliation, pain and suffering that this type of hate crime inflicts. There is no reason why Suarez should not face criminal charges. When individual football clubs and fellow players – both black and white – endorse this kind of behaviour, they themselves become part of the problem because they stand in the way of the total eradication of racism from the sport. Their denial and appeasement reflects an abdication of their role as responsible players or employers.”

http://www.blacklawyer.org/?post=lawyers-accuse-liverpool-and-chelsea-football-clubs-of-condoning-suarez-and-terry-racism

"Society of Black Lawyers"? Isn't that racist in itself? I mean, imagine a "Society of White Lawyers", there'd be uproar.

Offline ArcticRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 11:25:38 am »
I have to say, the only thing that has disappointed me more than supporters on here and among my friends not being able to get 100% behind Luis, is the fact that our "friends in high places" seem to have chosen the other side in this matter. Based, as far as we know, on conjecture alone. I could, hypothetically, offer them some leeway on the remote possibility that they've been subjected to some massive editorial hatchet jobs. If that is the case... however remote the possibility... I certainly know what I would've done about it. And staying in my job is not one of them.
Be that as it may... as far as I/we know, they've chosen to side with the "enemy". And as such they should never again be welcome... at the club or among the fans. Though the former is most likely the only that might hurt a bit. They have proven themselves to be nothing more than parts of a biased media, and should, as such, be shunned the way any biased media should be.
I would hope, but I don't expect, that the club will let certain players know too... that this ends whatever relationship they had with said writers. No more books. No more exclusives. No more press conferences. If you, as a fellow red, with such a massive portion of the audience at hand, can't see fit to get behind the club, the player and the supporters, you got no business hanging around the club anymore.

*sigh*
Kinda puts into context that age old adage... "With friends like these..."

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 11:25:51 am »
I’ve often exercised caution in joining in this debate because of the sensitivity of it and any misinterpretation or inaccurate post will create a back-lash.
As a hater of racism I’m pleased that the FA’s ruling was that Suarez is NOT a racist, which has lead me to try to find out more about the word used, its context and frequency of use in his home-land. I read with interest and respect how Mirra could not tolerate it, posters asked whether it was his own interpretation of the local slant it would carry. I agree with him, its not a nice word but in trying to establish how its interpreted in South America I am wrong to conclude that over there it may be no more disrespectful than Scottish peoples obsession with calling people “wee man”.
Just a thought, if its ridiculously off the mark or offensive I'll delete the post immediately.

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 11:29:39 am »
Good post and good article by Manuel Barcia too, disappointed with Reade particularly given that Evra's side of this story is somewhat suspect, to say the least, aside from the more well discussed aspects of the affair.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 11:32:25 am »
I find that the biggest tragedy of all in this whole sorry sordid affair, is the amount of people and organisations that have piped up, to stick the boot in, and drive their own agenda, without any evidence so far being amde public.

It would be fine by me, if the evidence was out there, and Luis was actually shown to be racist. After all, you can't defend the undefendable.  But NO. Anyone and everyone wants to twist the knife, with as yet, no evidence what so ever being put into the public domain.

Never in my life Have I seen such a perversion of 'justice', as destroying a mans character and name, without showing the evidence. It really is Kafka-esqe.

Justice not only must be done, but seen to be done.  Well it would seem to us, but not the F.A. or the media.

Some of the most shocking enditements of British society today shows that it would seem to be perfectly acceptable to hang, draw, and quarter an individual, all because 'the mob' says it's ok.

It fucking stinks like a rotten corpse.

On the point of the media, I'd just like to say to any journo's looking in.  If you are so quick to condemn a man, should you not be shouting from the rooftops at the F.A. to release the evidence in order to strengthen your case, and actually know you are right?

Or does that not fit with your MO, or agenda of your editors and owners?

The silence of anyone asking the F.A for the evidence is deafening in the extreme.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 11:38:17 am by Big Red Richie »

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 11:34:06 am »
I feel really let down by Brian Reade and Tony Evans. If someone from the media was going to cut through all the bullshit and xenophobia I expected them to do it.

Offline Treasure Everywhere

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Mr Suarez wins a corner
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 11:39:41 am »

Bah. How difficult can it be to understand the difference between: "Yeah, he's said something racist, we don't care" and "We are convinced that he didn't say anything racist, which is why we are supporting him"??

Offline SmallwoodRed

• Kopite
  • remember april 1989
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 11:40:06 am »
Good OP.

Unless the FA can come up with something that shows that Suarez willfully, deliberately and with forethought and malice intentionally set out to Racially abuse Patrice Evra then I'm standing by him.

I have no patience for racists, bigots or Xenophobic twats.

I also have no patience for organsations such as the FA. I was going to produce a list of everything they are, but I doubt there are few on these forums that are now in any doubt exactly what they are. Suffice to say, they are an embarrasment to the British people who deserve far better.

Absolutely.

The only facts we know about the case are that the FA have failed to release ANY evidence of how they came to the judgement they have.

It stretches credibility of any right minded person to accept that the FA would not have released all evidence immediately to support their case if there was anything conclusive to show. It just does not follow.

How can I judge and indeed condemn Suarez if I do not have access to the facts??

You can only conclude that the timing of the disciplinary (delayed by 2 months from the event) was absolutely deliberate so as to have an excuse for not publishing the report, by which time the damage to Suarez is done.

This fact alone is a discrace, not only in terms of delivering justice, but in undermining the case against racist behaviour coming from the FA. Never will people be able to believe what is coming from them is genuine as a result of this.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 11:40:41 am »
Very good post.  The FA were absolutely chomping at the bit to be seen to be coming down hard on racism, especially after Blatter's comments.  So eager were they to be seen to be punishing racism that they forgot  to actually check whether or not an actual offence had taken place, they simply didn't care (or deliberately chose to ignore it depending on your conspiratorial bent).
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 11:40:51 am »
The Society of Black Lawyers (SBL)

In Spanish:

La Sociedad de Abogados Negros.

Offline SmallwoodRed

• Kopite
  • remember april 1989
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 11:41:46 am »
Bah. How difficult can it be to understand the difference between: "Yeah, he's said something racist, we don't care" and "We are convinced that he didn't say anything racist, which is why we are supporting him"??

its incredible how many people who have nothing to do with Liverpool and are privvy to neither the facts of the hearing or the internal goings on at Liverpool have so much to say about it.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 11:41:46 am »
I feel really let down by Brian Reade and Tony Evans. If someone from the media was going to cut through all the bullshit and xenophobia I expected them to do it.
Reade fro all we know might have one hand tied behind his bck by his editor. 

Evans on the other hand, does not.

Whats shocked me most is the lack of objectivity from the press.  No one has actually challenged the F.A. or even remotely considered that Evra might be an unreliable witness.

Not one.

What ever happened to impartiality, and digging into a story to find the real truthes.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 11:42:06 am »
"Society of Black Lawyers"? Isn't that racist in itself? I mean, imagine a "Society of White Lawyers", there'd be uproar.

I thought that yesterday when I read it too.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2011, 11:42:43 am »

To our knowledge, neither club has bothered to conduct its own independent investigation or hold a disciplinary hearing. If such serious allegations of racism had been made in the workplace, any reasonable employer would consider itself to be under a strict duty to conduct a full, detailed and impartial investigation into the allegations, and not simply to state that they stand behind the denials of the player concerned.

I honestly have never known another case in which so many people especially those in positions of authority have been so willing to condemn Suarez and the Club and express their thoughts without seeing one shred of evidence. From the media through the likes of Gordon Taylor to Peter Herbert everyone is throwing around accusations without having seen a single shred of evidence.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline stardorman

• Very gullible, please avoid showing him photoshops
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • working in a coal mine, going down, down, down..
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2011, 11:42:58 am »
I know.. Liverpool fans to the core who have abandoned their brothers when they needed them most and wanted their media support. Suarez: Guilty till proved innocent.. Big Blantant John Terry: Innocent until proven Guilty

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2011, 11:46:39 am »

Don't be silly!!

Racism is something only white or hispanic folk can ever fall foul of.....and a society of black lawyers is sorely needed to keep a watchful eye on this and offer impartial advise should it be needed.

The existence of a society of white or hispanic lawyers would in itself be viewed as nought but a racial/social power-play which seeks to embed itself in the consciousness of the judiciary.

The SBL [alone] are immune from such all such frivolous speculation.

YNWA

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2011, 11:49:38 am »

its incredible how many people who have nothing to do with Liverpool and are privvy to neither the facts of the hearing or the internal goings on at Liverpool have so much to say about it.

Good point.  This is applicable to people on both sides of the argument.

Offline THELEFTBACK

• Main Stander
  • I remember the 70's.
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2011, 11:52:11 am »
It's hard to believe that Brian Reade and Tony Evans were being leant on.Oliver Holt-yes.But Reade is a season ticket holder who is there every fortnight.Evans is formerly of The Echo whilst Holt can hide out in the press box.
I've read Brian Reade,and Des Kelly of the Mail but what did Tony Evans say?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2011, 11:53:59 am »

Always seems to be double standards that. An openly racist organisation campaigning about racism?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Jia Xiang

• Main Stander
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2011, 11:54:30 am »
Have posted it in the last Suarez thread, thought if I should post here too.

Speculation:
  • There is no comfirmation from anyone from Liverpool or Suarez himself admitting that he said either Negro/Negrito
  • If Evra indeed called Suarez a ''sudaca'' why is Evra not punished since the word ''Sudaca'' is a very offensive word for a Uruguyan?

Why we felt the verdict was unfair and mistakes by The FA.
  • The people supporting Suarez is not supporting a racist. They are supporting someone whom is unfairly labelled as one.
  • Suarez only admitting saying a word to Evra, and that word is what Evra's teammate used to call him and that the word is unoffensive in his Uruguay.
  • The word Negro/Negrito is unoffensive in South America
  • Let say Suarez did use either Negro/Negrito, it is unfair for The FA to translate the word directly to English as the actual meaning of the word will be lost in translation.
  • Let say if Evra started the communication with Suarez in Spanish, is it fair to say that Suarez shouldn't be punished because the conversation was in Spanish and that the ''Suarez should know he shouldn't use the word in England'' argument would be invalid?
  • The tone and body language of Suarez when he said something to Evra should also be taken note of. Because that is what can make a word into an offensive term.
  • Suarez was found guilty just by what Evra said. Which is unfair.
  • The FA made a HUGE mistake by not releasing the written report together when the verdict was released.

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2011, 11:55:03 am »
 :wellin
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline ArcticRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2011, 11:55:28 am »
It's hard to believe that Brian Reade and Tony Evans were being leant on.Oliver Holt-yes.But Reade is a season ticket holder who is there every fortnight.Evans is formerly of The Echo whilst Holt can hide out in the press box.
I've read Brian Reade,and Des Kelly of the Mail but what did Tony Evans say?
Basically that the club should've apologised, that defending Suarez is stupid and that pointing the finger at Evra is shameful

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/colour-blind-suarez-is-not-a-racist-but-reds-star-has-been-a-fool/story-fn63e0vj-1226231427413

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2011, 11:55:46 am »
society of BLACK lawyers- this is exactly why racism is fucked up in this country, ive lived here all my life and im confused as to what we can or shouldnt say, never mind someone whos been here  a year. one minute we shouldnt say 'black' then we can but shouldnt say 'coloured' etc. it is really stupid now. until we all stop even thinking of colour we wont have true integration. john barnes has spoken the most sense on this topic ive heard and he always goes on about until people stop thinking of colour as a difference, racism will not go away.  it seems that south americans ( and other countries) are more advanced toward this goal than the UK.

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2011, 11:57:56 am »
It is very simple for me. Kenny believes him and has given him his full support.

That's good enough for me.

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2011, 11:58:23 am »

What ever happened to impartiality, and digging into a story to find the real truthes.

The truth doesn't sell papers.

Offline cal_liverpoolfc

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @cal190691
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2011, 12:01:13 pm »
Exactly. Absolute bollocks.
"Nah nah nah, there's no rule book. Show me the rule book"

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2011, 12:01:34 pm »
Has anyone got a link to the Tony Evans article. I've read and disagree with Brian Reade's.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 12:02:48 pm »
Although I don't neccessarily disagree with some in here, I hardly think that petty point scoring against the SBL is either helpful or needed.

Judge them on their statement(s), not on what they are. (an organisation to promote the interests and advancement of Ethnic Minorities)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 12:05:09 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 12:04:32 pm »
When Tony Evans said that we were standing beside Suarez because of tribal issues, I began to maybe question things. For a moment. Then I remembered that the ruling makes no sense.

So Suarez should know the difference, and should be punished because he failed to accept cultural differences? Well as far as I know, Negrita has no meaning in England. So the FA must be saying that essentially, Evra was offended by what he thought Suarez said, so in essence, that Negrita is close to negro. Which is a bit like saying someone is blunt is calling them a c*nt. Of course, then you could reason that Evra understood what negrita meant - in which case, he shouldn't have been offended. (don't even get me started on that youtube clip of him being a massive fucking hypocrite).

And then theres the problem of what Evra said. Where's his ban? Get off me you South American, in English or South American, is offensive, background based language. Where the hell's his ban? They could say he was provoked - if he felt the need to say that, how is that an excuse?

I mean the FA could've given him a warning, even if they thought he said negro, which he supposedly did not. They could've said alright, you didn't mean to offend, and given him a warning. Instead, they have given him such a ban that he is tarred with his racist tag for the rest of his life. That is the disgrace - I don't even care about the banned games. Clear his name Liverpool. Take the FA to the fucking cleaners.
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2011, 12:07:45 pm »
Always seems to be double standards that. An openly racist organisation campaigning about racism?

Nah. That's like saying Liverpool football club is sexist for segregating men and woman teams. I would think there's a good reason.
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2011, 12:10:46 pm »
Nah. That's like saying Liverpool football club is sexist for segregating men and woman teams. I would think there's a good reason.

Not really. It'd be like Liverpool having a black team and a white team. Or the FA having a black only section.

Offline ArcticRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2011, 12:13:16 pm »
Although I don't neccessarily disagree with some in here, I hardly think that petty point scoring against the SBL is either helpful or needed.

Judge them on their statement(s), not on what they are. (an organisation to promote the interests and advancement of Ethnic Minorities)
One would suppose "Ethnic Minorities" also involve Hispanics possibly being wrongfully branded for the rest of their life? But hey ho... equality and all that.