Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
I see that Forest missed a few sitters before City scored. It reminds me of Iheanacho in 2019 before Kompany scored that rocket. It always happens. Always. They're winning every single game.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Eeyore on Today at 11:01:35 am »
The problem with Jota and Nunez regardless of how xG-savvy you can be is that you can see with your fucking eyes who has better technique and who can strike a ball more cleanly therefore is the far better finisher lol.

Did you have your eyes shut when Jota went 32 games without scoring?

Ironically one of Nunez's issues this season has been hitting the ball too cleanly. If you ask me who can hit the ball with more power then I would say Nunez. If you want an example then Nunez's ridiculous strike away at Bournemouth is a good one.

For me Jota is very good at getting shots on target and is also a master of deceiving a keeper with a scuffed shot.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by Yorkykopite on Today at 11:01:08 am »
I was impressed by Arsenal's defence yesterday. They absolutely defend as a team and are exceptionally quick at getting men behind the ball when things go wrong. As an attacking side you have to be perfect to capitalise on the counter-attack. One slightly miscontrolled pass and a slight loss of momentum and it's too late. Arsenal's midfield will reorganise between you and the goal. A better team than Tottenham might have made life more difficult for Arsenal. A number of promising moves - especially on the Arsenal left - broke down or lost momentum because passes were slightly behind Son or because Son was scruffy in his first touch. But it's asking a lot of any team to get everything right when you're on the counterattack and trying to do things quickly.

The two weaknesses at the back I guess are the goalie (wrong shape and size for a start) and Gabriel who still gets squared up on one-on-ones. But how do you even get one on one with him? That's the problem. I was impressed yesterday by how quickly both Rice and - especially - White got into position to help him and stop him being isolated. White's not much cop with the ball at his feet but that's not his job at Arsenal. He's there to defend and cover ground. He's good at both.

We're out of it now. Who do we want to win? As a club Arsenal are obviously preferable to Man City. Man City aren't even a club in the genuine sense. As a team, though, I'd take City any day. I know that's not popular on here. We're meant to be bored by them. But I find that hard. Their creativity on the ball, especially when Foden and De Bruyne are in harness, is amazing. And Rodri is such a wonderful player too. And there's this. They don't dive and feign injury as much as Arsenal. They don't get their noses in front and then wind down the clock. Their instincts are much more positive than an Arteta team could be. I lost count yesterday (again!) of how many times Arsenal players pretended to be injured, many clutching their faces, as they tried to disrupt Tottenham's momentum in the second half. There's a sneakiness to them that deserves to fail.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by paulrazor on Today at 11:00:40 am »
And then out popped a smiling Glen Johnson?
With a shirt

Our salah is a friend to all managers
Ticket and Travel Info / Re: Members Sales
« Last post by Stevo on Today at 11:00:39 am »
Ok, there it is
If Slot comes in and finishes below 4th then, short of winning the CL, its a failure.
Just look at Klopp's and Pep's first seasons.

It was nowhere near the level they achieved in the following seasons. Looking at points and positions specifically is short-sighted. They need time to reach the peak of their work - it's about improving and being better the season before. Do that and the success will take care of it self. Don't do that and we'll have to find someone else.
'We are the most dynamic and entertaining teams in the league, it was all us in the 2nd half'

After drawing 1-1 with 2nd from bottom Burnley, at home

2nd half posession 45 /55

Oh and 1st half 49/51
To be fair to 7 Hag, they are definitely the most entertaining team in the league  8)
Reminds me of this, scroll to 1:00, yet this was allowed to stand

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/o1nIcDslWGk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/o1nIcDslWGk</a>

If it was one isolated incident fair enough but it's repeated.

These straws people are clutching at to protect these refs must be pretty worn out by now.

Taylor shits himself thinking we are going to grab a winner and almost blows the whistle out of his mouth. That is not the actions of a calm ref that is one who has panicked as they don't want something to happen, clear as fucking day after he literally tells the goalkeeper to fake an injury. I can't ever remember in the history of the game seeing a ref telling a player to fake an injury, especially when he has just chalked a goal off. If he is just 'shit' then he blows the whistle throws a drop ball to the keeper and carries on. These refs are arrogant as fuck, he doesn't need to go and tell the keeper to fake an injury but that's pure panic to try and cover his tracks as he has just shown his arse.

I mean, if he is just shit he can easily let the goal go in also, but it's always incompetence against us right? Funny that. Have we had maybe a crazy offside var this season in our favour, or a freeze frame red card, a last minute kick to the chest we got away with, or a ref actually telling our player to fake an injury!? No, but yeah it's all just incompetence and repeated coincidence against us and I'm sure other teams they have bias for/against.

Gone the game less than ever this season and I can't see me going next year, I've become way less attached to it than a once daily obsession it used to be. The cheat's done most of it, Klopp is going to take a lot out also, but it's now impossible to watch with these refs doing this more and more often, I can't remember a season like it this year. Yet the club does nothing and PGMOL (even if by a miracle it is all incompetence) smile away and allow manc refs to ref rival games and others to be actually paid by Man city's owners. The whole thing is utterly absurd and corruption, bias, incompetence or whatever way people want to call it I'm not going to be taken for a ride anymore, can't be arsed.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by Chris~ on Today at 10:57:49 am »
We desperately need to sign cover there next season to help Saka out. Olise/Pedro neto would be ideal, despite their questionable injury record. Super players.
Thing is though, if you get cover does Saka actually sit out many more games, maybe 5 more league games and doesn't worry about the domestic cups at all? Like with Salah for us if he was fit, he played, because he was that good and you usually need those difference makers on the pitch to get 90+ points. Just think at some point you'll need to give him less defensive work and then how does that knock on effect look. I think Arteta getting so many players to committ in the running to press and then get back in shape quickly is a massive plus for you. Just not sure how long it can be sustained with the same core. Like I say, just interested in how long it can last and maybe it just doesn't matter, but just basing it off our experience really.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Wool on Today at 10:57:09 am »
As frustrated as I’ve been with him recently, he has 3700 minutes in the league which is about 41 games and he has 20 goals. That’s a good return. The frustration is it should be so much more and that’s what leads to the current debate. I have my frustrations, and I especially have my frustration with folks suggesting finishing is just luck and no skill, but a lot of the criticism is driven by emotion I think in regards to how this season has ended. There’s an elite striker in there where the hypothetical output becomes his actual output so I do think he’s being written off prematurely.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10