Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
I hate the player threads, I'd rather we just had a thread for a topic, easier to read and well, delete when someone has a meltdown.
I put this in the fallout thread the other day, in a similar suggestion to duvva's

Losing the player threads could be a better way to go and as suggested by Claire and Elzar having threads for topics. Would certainly be more manageable for mods I’d have thought.

It’s a team game anyway so whatever we have to say about the players in respect of their form/performance should be in that context and would fit in with post match reaction threads.

If anyone feels a topic around the team/manager/coaches/tactics/back room staff/owners etc needs a more in depth discussion then they can start a thread on that (we already have some). Although these can also end up in circular discussion it should be easier to mod, and encourage more nuanced and contextual discussion than we often get in the player threads.

Certainly think it’s worth consideration to try and encourage posters who avoid the main forum back and hopefully discourage those who just want to vent at players or drive player based negatively.
I might be one of the few who thinks that the pure Klopp/heavy metal style has had its day in terms of it not being sustainable and it putting a lot of stress on players.
A refined heavy metal style is probably what's needed. Call it an evolution of style, if you wish.
Maybe Slot is the one who can deliver it.

They key is looking after the ball better. City press well but if you've got the ball all game you don't need to press much. We churn the ball over way too much in a way that we didn't in the 2018-20 peak.

In reality we haven't pressed well consistently for a while anyway. Salah's legs have got old and Nunez isn't great at it, so we don't press well from the front anymore. Gakpo signed probably more for that. Whereas the midfield has been slow and lacking legs for a few years now. Big difference from Henderson and Wijnaldum at their peak and Milner in there as well.

So Slot is the path of least resistance? And cheaper? And more willing to cede control of recruitment to Hughes and the data nerds? The easier and ultimately less risky option even?

Or just better fits taking the club in the direction that Jurgen intended and the club wanted to go?
Well yes to put it crudely.

Changing the formation from U9s to first team requires a mammoth phase shift in our understanding of the systems. Players, coaches etc. will have to be "rehired" or "reeducated" and will need time and effort to change their roles and some may work out and some may be moved on. Its a huge effort to change the system. You already know that.

With 1 system in place, we will not be a "jack of all trades" club. We will be focussing all our efforts, energy and education in one particular system. We will be perfecting the system at every opportunity we get. So any coach that comes, 30 years from now, will have a blue print to work with and optimise it the way he deems fit. It will be a switch between possession or counter attacking or Kloppo or whatever brand of football. But the basic skeleton will be the same. Players will be mastering one particular playing style, will be played in one (or two or three) positions and will be reliable when called to the first team.

This is not about what fits our club in the present. But what our club will stand to represent in 30-40 years from now. And beyond that actually.

We will have our own La Masia. Or Campus Bayern from where we will be churning out our local lads for the first team.

Top post MooMoo
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by rob1966 on Today at 05:56:53 pm »
Rob is a masochist, not "unlucky". No way someone is that unlucky ;D

Born in Liverpool in the 60's to Liverpool Supporting parents, no way would I ever say I was unlucky ;D

I remember telling our kid I'd met her and he said "thought you said you were gonna stop shagging Mancs?", so yep, its all my own fault.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Last post by Wool on Today at 05:56:53 pm »
I meant "previously unsubstantiated" as my point was it seems she is clearly being briefed now.

I know who she is from time at the Indy. Being "Liverpool-linked" means nothing though. Carragher would tick that box. As would his old mate Bascombe.
She’s actually on record saying that the club were quite open in regards to Amorim’s qualities but when Slot got mentioned they were tight lipped and non-committal so she pieced together he was the one we actually wanted because of how we operate.
Amorim will end up at another club, perhaps even Chelsea or United. Some of our fans love him so much, maybe they should follow him there
God, people taking Klopp’s comments as negative and now taking that completely inoffensive Reddy post as the club shitting on Amorim. We really, really want to be miserable don’t we?
So Slot is the path of least resistance? And cheaper? And more willing to cede control of recruitment to Hughes and the data nerds?

So you are twisting "better suited to our structure" as a negative because you wanted Amorim.

Because they thought someone else was a better fit, Hughes and Edwards are wrong in their approach

Is it better a situation like Rodgers where the manager and backroom where at odds with each other and the squad in the middle of it all?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10