Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 983898 times)

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #10720 on: February 26, 2024, 02:22:24 pm »
Don’t see it , Think he is staying one more year than he really wanted to
Actually it's two less years than he wanted to, given he agreed the contract extension until summer 2026.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #10721 on: February 26, 2024, 02:30:42 pm »
In the future perhaps, but certainly not now. He needs a complete reset from football for a year at least as he's explained, and Xabi needs a clean slate for starters, without Kloppo "upstairs".

We have already appointed 1 interim DoF. Agree about the clean slate if we appoint Alonso.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10722 on: February 26, 2024, 03:09:55 pm »
He should have some role at the club in due course, just as Kenny has, even if it's being non-executive director and flying in for a few games a year with the odd boardroom meeting.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10723 on: February 26, 2024, 03:14:58 pm »
Imagine him taking over the Liverpool Legends team and trying to get a bunch of 60 year olds to press. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10724 on: February 26, 2024, 03:23:36 pm »
Heard him say he will watch us in future finals from the stands, remember Shanks going in the Kop..

We are all so lucky

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10725 on: February 26, 2024, 03:51:07 pm »
He's an unbelievable manager and I think he's still getting better, his in game decisions are becoming more and more sharp and his choice of substitutions this season have been some of the best management i've seen in all my time watching football

He is shining his brightest at the moment, like he's got that Midas touch. Coutinho had the same thing before he left, he was just on another level very very visibly. Klopp is on that higher level, but as a manager.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10726 on: February 26, 2024, 04:01:39 pm »
No and it's not fair on him if people suggest that.

Spot on, it’s his decision and his alone. As much as we would all love him to manage us until he is 185 years old, if he says it’s time then we should all respect his decision. He has earned that for sure.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #10727 on: February 26, 2024, 04:12:39 pm »
Actually it's two less years than he wanted to, given he agreed the contract extension until summer 2026.

I suspect  the contract was agreed with a nod to him not completing it but not wanting the speculation around the club with a much shorter contract.
I'm sure he loves football and LFC, but we'll move on when he goes. He owes it to his family to be there for them now. 

I don't want him to leave, and I wonder if any manager in his right mind will want to be his immediate successor. Anything less than four quadruples in a row would be deemed as as a failure with the squad he's left.

Would love him to be involved in our youth team, but that's never going to work.  I do envy the lucky lucky people that will be next to him on the kop when he does pop in.

I'm never getting a ticket for any of our games so I hope there's a parade I can bring my daughter to , to soak up the appreciation and what he means to the club.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #10728 on: February 26, 2024, 04:20:14 pm »

‘It’s that last hurrah’: Joe Gomez rules out Klopp U-turn after League Cup win

Liverpool begin quadruple pursuit with victory over Chelsea
‘Everyone respects his decision and we understand it’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/feb/26/its-that-last-hurrah-joe-gomez-rules-out-klopp-u-turn-after-carabao-cup-win
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10729 on: February 26, 2024, 05:09:09 pm »
Liverpool are planning an open-top bus parade through the city centre at the end of the season so supporters can say farewell to Jurgen Klopp, even if the club win no more trophies.

[@_pauljoyce]

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10730 on: February 26, 2024, 05:10:10 pm »
Joyceyyyy! Well up for that though obviously will be more trophies on show.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10731 on: February 26, 2024, 05:11:48 pm »
It's a legit trophy, of course we should celebrate it at the end of the season.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #10732 on: February 26, 2024, 06:47:08 pm »
It's a legit trophy, of course we should celebrate it at the end of the season.

We won it with kids
we won it with kids
it's a legit trophy
we won it with kids...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #10733 on: February 26, 2024, 06:49:59 pm »
Imagine him taking over the Liverpool Legends team and trying to get a bunch of 60 year olds to press. ;D

That made me snort.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #10734 on: February 27, 2024, 01:57:59 am »
Now Jürgen has managed us for the last time in the League Cup I had a look at his first game in charge of us in that comp, 1-0 v Bournemouth (Clyne with the goal) in October 2015.

I had to Google our sub goalie having never heard of him.

I wonder if anyone can get his name without looking it up. He’s still active aged 27 - was on the bench for his club on Saturday.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #10735 on: February 27, 2024, 02:47:55 am »
Danny Ward ...
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10736 on: February 27, 2024, 03:42:23 am »
Way too high profile :)

I cheated, but the name was very, very vaguely familiar. No senior appearances for us.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10737 on: February 27, 2024, 04:59:12 am »
And Danny Ward didn’t come back to Liverpool till the January window. When Jürgen realised having Adam Bogdan as a backup wasn’t going to cut it  ;D  I remeember Aberdeen fans being rather unhappy at losing Ward!

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10738 on: February 27, 2024, 05:10:36 am »
Speaking to Sky recently;

“We have a really good football team. The future for this football club is bright. Over the years we did it properly.

They will be fine, 100 percent. Otherwise, I wouldn’t leave.

In the end, everything will be fine. If it wasn’t going to be okay, I wouldn’t be leaving.”

“Liverpool FC is a special club, always was. Not everybody in the outside world has to see it like that, I’m inside and I can tell you, when I come from outside, it is a really special club.

Even when our fans would love to spend more money here and there, I’m pretty sure deep down they are really happy we do it slightly different.

Not different to all other clubs, but the size of our club, that we are still so happy when a kid is coming through, I think that is pretty special.”

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #10739 on: February 27, 2024, 10:18:08 am »
@samie can we believe Joyce about a parade?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10740 on: February 27, 2024, 10:26:30 am »
The PL is obviously a priority and rightly so, but there's something iconic and full circle about seeing Jurgen finally embrace that gargantuan and beautiful (not to mention elusive) of trophies, the UEFA Cup, on the top deck of a bus in front of the Pier Head.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10741 on: February 27, 2024, 10:31:43 am »
The PL is obviously a priority and rightly so, but there's something iconic and full circle about seeing Jurgen finally embrace that gargantuan and beautiful (not to mention elusive) of trophies, the UEFA Cup, on the top deck of a bus in front of the Pier Head.

The Europa League is the only competition that we have entered during Jürgen's reign that we haven't won at least once. Plus it would be a poetic, full circle moment after the loss to Sevilla at the end of his first season in charge. Obviously the league has to be the top priority, but winning the EL would be unbelievably special as well.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #10742 on: February 27, 2024, 11:18:51 am »
"...Not different to all other clubs, but the size of our club, that we are still so happy when a kid is coming through, I think that is pretty special.”

So do we, Jurgen...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10743 on: February 27, 2024, 11:27:12 am »
I would very much enjoy the tearful mockery of a "mickey mouse quadruple" from our rivals and competitors.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10744 on: February 27, 2024, 11:47:25 am »
I would very much enjoy the tearful mockery of a "mickey mouse quadruple" from our rivals and competitors.

Oh yes, bring that on please  :lickin
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10745 on: February 27, 2024, 01:24:56 pm »
@samie can we believe Joyce about a parade?

:D

Yes We Can!

Offline itihasas

• Kemlynite
« Reply #10746 on: February 27, 2024, 11:29:42 pm »
At the end of the day, he may get 2 more premier league titles to his name after hes gone
Let noble thoughts come to me from all directions - Rig Veda

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #10747 on: February 28, 2024, 12:04:07 am »
Jurgen is a fairytale manager for our club. Everywhere you look in football, whether it's refereeing or oil-state owned clubs or Saudi or FIFA or footballers sexually assaulting women, you see some ugly shit that make you question the sport.

Jurgen Klopp has defied all that to bring a historic club like ours back to the pinnacle of football yes, but also:

* Done it with a miniscule net spend in his time here that for a lesser manager would have us mid table yes, but also
* Played some amazing football while he's at it yes, but also
* Done it with a group of not only good players, but created a culture of good humans who care about each other yes, but also
* Against the backdrop of the sport increasingly sliding towards the wrong values, been a beacon of hope for the right ones - the ones the club has always stood for yes, but also
* Galvanised the fanbase and electrified Anfield in a way that's far beyond what any other excellent or successful manager would be able to - if Guardiola won the league 3 seasons in a row I don't believe he would get the same reaction.

And most recently, I think we're actually seeing the payoff of many, many years of Jurgen saying 'we can't rely on the transfer market for all our solutions, we need to use the squad and our young players'. Time and again I know so many of us have been frustrated about a perceived lack of ambition in the market and it's in all likelihood cost us in performance. But now we have a group of lads through the blooming academy that has a genuine chance of being at the squad for many many seasons to come. If we had bought a backup to Trent, Conor would not have the opportunities to break through this season. If we had bought a left-sided CB, Quansah would have played a couple of cup games at maximum this season. For the first time in my entire life, our club will not just have the aspiration of a 'local/Scouse core'. We could have a big, big contingent of lads that bleed red - the way Barca has had via La Masia for example, or with 'Fergie's fledglings'. That's a dream I didn't even know I had, but it's bloody amazing.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10748 on: February 28, 2024, 12:58:17 am »
Hear, hear. I'll admit I too was conned into thinking we had to look outside for first team players, that having a local lad or two was a nice feelgood story but not something we could build around and be competitive. But Jurgen is proving otherwise, and it's wonderful. If we weren't hated so much we might be seen as the ones leading football away from self destruction.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10749 on: February 28, 2024, 07:37:31 am »
Good post, Redcap. You might say that Jurgen has sacrificed medals in his own cabinet for the long-term health of the club. His lack of ego and long-term view are so rare in a sport that is increasingly being wagged by a tail of instant, morning-after reactions.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10750 on: February 28, 2024, 09:54:46 pm »
How does he do it?

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #10751 on: February 28, 2024, 09:58:06 pm »
How does he do it?

His major genuine goal in life is to help people around him realise their potential.

I honestly think that's 80% of it
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10752 on: February 28, 2024, 10:17:26 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1RHBAd5YUR8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1RHBAd5YUR8</a>
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #10753 on: February 28, 2024, 10:48:52 pm »
Can we not chain this man to the ground or something? Take a six months off or something and come back you beautiful bastard...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10754 on: February 28, 2024, 10:49:52 pm »
Can we not chain this man to the ground or something? Take a six months off or something and come back you beautiful bastard...

Chop his legs off and put him in a Dalek mobile.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #10755 on: February 28, 2024, 10:57:51 pm »
Hear, hear. I'll admit I too was conned into thinking we had to look outside for first team players, that having a local lad or two was a nice feelgood story but not something we could build around and be competitive. But Jurgen is proving otherwise, and it's wonderful. If we weren't hated so much we might be seen as the ones leading football away from self destruction.
You're not alone. Perhaps 98% of the fan base think solutions are resolved by expensive transfers. It's not easy to put faith in the academy because it's not visible to the standard fan.

I must admit, it's great to see these kids come through and look like they've played there for years. They're so composed and that is down to the management team giving then that confidence and belief that they've earned the right.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10756 on: February 28, 2024, 11:03:53 pm »
Klopp definitely closed the 5-mile gap between the first-team and the club's younger players.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10757 on: February 28, 2024, 11:20:36 pm »
And most recently, I think we're actually seeing the payoff of many, many years of Jurgen saying 'we can't rely on the transfer market for all our solutions, we need to use the squad and our young players'. Time and again I know so many of us have been frustrated about a perceived lack of ambition in the market and it's in all likelihood cost us in performance. But now we have a group of lads through the blooming academy that has a genuine chance of being at the squad for many many seasons to come. If we had bought a backup to Trent, Conor would not have the opportunities to break through this season. If we had bought a left-sided CB, Quansah would have played a couple of cup games at maximum this season. For the first time in my entire life, our club will not just have the aspiration of a 'local/Scouse core'. We could have a big, big contingent of lads that bleed red - the way Barca has had via La Masia for example, or with 'Fergie's fledglings'. That's a dream I didn't even know I had, but it's bloody amazing.
But those people weren't wrong. The difference is that the top of our academy was weaker then and it's a lot stronger now. Sure, we may have had to spend a little more a bit more quickly, but Klopp could also have been leaving with a couple of extra big trophies.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10758 on: February 28, 2024, 11:29:48 pm »
I hope Jurgen becomes some kind of life coach after all this. I would pay good money to sit in his presence and just listen to him talk about fulfilling your potential and self belief.

Popcorn's Art

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10759 on: February 28, 2024, 11:51:50 pm »
Chop his legs off and put him in a Dalek mobile.

Honestly, its nothing short of negligence that we haven’t cloned him.