Author Topic: Babel: I'm not finished here  (Read 149921 times)

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
Re: Babel: I'm not finished here
« Reply #1960 on: January 11, 2011, 11:31:25 am »
I think he'll be fined, but not banned for this.

It would be silly to ban someone for non-footballing reasons. This was clearly a joke. Those who follow Ryan Babel would know he has a good sense of humour.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline minusone

• considered rubbish
  • Legacy Fan
  • Resurrection 2.0
« Reply #1961 on: January 11, 2011, 11:34:59 am »
Free Ryan Babel.

Will be the biggest pile of horseshit ever if he gets done for this and Ferdinand got nothing for essentially the same thing.
Fired?? He should be shot! With shit, human shit!

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1962 on: January 11, 2011, 11:35:07 am »
I think he'll be fined, but not banned for this.

It would be silly to ban someone for non-footballing reasons. This was clearly a joke. Those who follow Ryan Babel would know he has a good sense of humour.

I follow babel, I find him quite funny in an unintentional way.  I can't imagine anyone from the FA following him (actually they might do now) or finding it particularly funny.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1963 on: January 11, 2011, 11:42:34 am »

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1964 on: January 11, 2011, 11:49:42 am »
The PFA are backing Bable.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9352443.stm

The PFA are right, it's ridiculous that the FA are getting involved.  I didn't know the internet fell under their jurisdiction.  They hate this sort of thing though, basically being made to look dodgy.  I think they'll try to punish him, but if they succeed it will open a can of worms.

Offline NineTails20

• Solomon's "Mrs Robinson".
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1965 on: January 11, 2011, 12:11:58 pm »
I follow babel, I find him quite funny in an unintentional way.  I can't imagine anyone from the FA following him (actually they might do now) or finding it particularly funny.

I follow Ryan, too. His tweets in English can be funny, and there's no doubting that he loves playing for us.
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #1966 on: January 11, 2011, 12:30:37 pm »
The PFA are backing Bable.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9352443.stm
Is Taylor going senile? He's obviously forgotten who he supports.

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1967 on: January 11, 2011, 12:34:27 pm »
I follow Ryan, too. His tweets in English can be funny, and there's no doubting that he loves playing for us.

you reckon? he's entertaining, but i reckon the main reason ryan loves lfc is that it doesn't disrupt his lifestyle too much and pays for his musical interests...

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1968 on: January 11, 2011, 12:38:00 pm »
that's something they despise.

Unless its bacon face doing the talking.

Corrupt bastards.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline lfcstu17

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1969 on: January 11, 2011, 12:48:58 pm »
This is actually unbelievable.

How many times has Ferguson complained about referees being biassed , all those times Rooney told them to .... off. Babel was just having a bit of fun and reposted a picture someone else sent him. Its fair enough punishing Ryan if they are going to punish anyone else for disrespecting referees. But punishing Ryan and letting everyone else get away with it tells us what a joke the F.A are

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #1970 on: January 11, 2011, 01:10:15 pm »
Glad to see the PFA backing him over this.

If he ends up getting a ban it's a complete joke.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1971 on: January 11, 2011, 02:19:02 pm »
Glad to see the PFA backing him over this.

If he ends up getting a ban it's a complete joke.
yep completely agree
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1972 on: January 11, 2011, 02:32:17 pm »
Tommy Smith after Inter Milan's 3-0 win over Liverpool with controversial decisions going the Italians way all throughout the game:

"The referee was a disgrace. He should be shot."

Guns don't kill people, rappers do.

Offline DM Red

• no it wasnt a knee jerk - just a jerk....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1973 on: January 11, 2011, 02:38:39 pm »
surely he cant be done for expressing his opinion.

what happened to freedom of speech.

Offline Kennys Right Boot

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1974 on: January 11, 2011, 02:46:04 pm »
Depends how much you want to reduce player power and introduce accountability into the game.  Isnt it what we're all getting fed up about, players showing no respect, breaking contracts and dictating their terms onto all and sundry?
"Behind closed doors I quite like arguing,” smiles Clarke. “That’s my style as an assistant. If you have two people with the same ideas it doesn’t work." 

Are all Jocks narky?

Offline The Rawker

• Main Stander
  • MUYA
« Reply #1975 on: January 11, 2011, 02:46:58 pm »
This could end up being a springboard for Ryan.  He's clearly a confidence player, and the Kop and all the fans will love him for this.  It could be just the boost he needs to finally live up to his potential.  Kenny needs to identify his strengths (not hard: pace and a fantastic shot) and play to them.

I'm the eternal optimist, though I've always liked Ryan since that goal against U*d at Anfield.
Fuck it all and fuckin' no regrets

\m/

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #1976 on: January 11, 2011, 02:47:59 pm »
This is actually unbelievable.

How many times has Ferguson complained about referees being biassed , all those times Rooney told them to .... off. Babel was just having a bit of fun and reposted a picture someone else sent him. Its fair enough punishing Ryan if they are going to punish anyone else for disrespecting referees. But punishing Ryan and letting everyone else get away with it tells us what a joke the F.A are

true that...i dont think there is any club that disrespect referees more than manchester...

"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1977 on: January 11, 2011, 02:49:50 pm »
Would be a disgrace if he is banned. He has a perfect previous disciplinary record.

He got sent off against Benfica last season for touching another player's face.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1978 on: January 11, 2011, 02:50:41 pm »
That wasn't in a FA competition though...so doesn't count for his record with the FA.

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1980 on: January 11, 2011, 02:51:51 pm »
think its one of them poxy rules where you raise your hands your off regardless

aliadiere lightly flicked mascherano a few years back. at home to boro. he got a red card and 4 game ban
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1981 on: January 11, 2011, 02:52:55 pm »
Its good to see the Fa have completely shot themselves in the foot - if they hadn't charged him this would have gone almost entirely unnoticed - now the idea that Webb is pro Man United it's impossible to put that genie back in the bottle

On the Babel thing since when did the FA have power over free speech off the pitch - bizarre
As someone else said if I was Babel with millions in the bank i'd threaten them with legal action - not a chance they have the right to restrict his trade based on a joke he posts on his personal twitter account

Offline I am Spartacus

• No you're not...
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #1982 on: January 11, 2011, 02:58:13 pm »
The game has lost all its humour, Thank f**k for the likes of Ian Hollaway, Colin Wanker and now are very own quick witted King Kenny.   Gordon Taylor has gone up in my estimation as well, but he does send me to sleep when he talks.

Lets get behind Ryan how about a new song "Free Ryan BABEL" to the tune of "Free Nelson Madela" 

Come on Ryan, we all know you are waiting to explode, I know I have been for some time.

Offline Tommy Torres

• Legacy Fan
There's only one Sergio Torres

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1984 on: January 11, 2011, 03:01:36 pm »
The game has lost all its humour, Thank f**k for the likes of Ian Hollaway, Colin Wanker and now are very own quick witted King Kenny.   Gordon Taylor has gone up in my estimation as well, but he does send me to sleep when he talks.

Lets get behind Ryan how about a new song "Free Ryan BABEL" to the tune of "Free Nelson Madela" 

Come on Ryan, we all know you are waiting to explode, I know I have been for some time.

Fuck that c*nt.
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1985 on: January 11, 2011, 03:01:36 pm »
Don't understand this ridiculous decision by the FA,a warning will have sufficed. :wanker

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #1986 on: January 11, 2011, 03:10:23 pm »
Who is Bable??  ;)

Guatamalen for Babybel

By mushyp15 at 2011-01-11
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1987 on: January 12, 2011, 02:14:15 am »
Fuck of Samuel you fat c**t and if you sign up to Twitter I will say that to your face via my PC.

Now we've got 140 characters, but nobody's laughing - will the witless twits never learn?
By Martin Samuel.

So when did it happen? When did 'What are you doing right now?' and 'What's happening?' become 'Who's a cheat?', 'Whose legs do you want broken?' or 'Please submit a gibberish list of people you hate'.

Ryan Babel, of Liverpool, has become the first player to be charged by the Football Association for a statement made on his Twitter account, but he surely will not be the last.

Quite plainly, Twitter will be a reflection of our society, and if it is now drowning in a sea of witless bile and poison, this says more about the users than the medium.

Babel posted a doctored photograph of Howard Webb, the referee, wearing a Manchester United shirt, as a means of intimating he was crooked in his handling of the game at Old Trafford on Sunday. Wherever you might stand on the issue of whether Dimitar Berbatov fairly won his penalty, or whether Steven Gerrard deserved his sending-off, it is wrong to suggest Webb acted in anything less than good faith.

Nor was it just a harmless gag, as Gordon Taylor, chief of the Professional Footballers' Association, claimed yesterday. If Webb was wrong - and I don't think he was, but accept there are plenty who do - it was not because he favoured Manchester United over Liverpool and he does not deserve Babel's suggestion otherwise.

Yet the Liverpool man is a minor offender compared to some, not least those who have taken to abusing various members of the Dalglish family via Twitter sites since Kenny took the Liverpool job (although his son, Paul, may not have helped matters by writing how much he hated losing to Manchester United and calling Webb the puppet of Mr. Ferguson).

Having just returned from the Ashes, it is rather dispiriting to be plunged back into this world of unsmiling nastiness and ill-humour once more. The Barmy Army have their detractors, too, mainly folk who preferred the days when cricket took place to a background of gentle applause rather than raucous doggerel in regional accents, but what sets the modern-day travellers apart is their instinct that watching sport should be fun.

The teasing of Mitchell Johnson may have been merciless, some of the chants repetitive, but when several thousand throats, to the tune of Yellow Submarine, assailed the Australians with a chorus of 'Your next Queen is Camilla Parker-Bowles', it was a reminder that part of being a spectator involves having a laugh and sometimes laughing at yourself, too.

Yet, walk among the Barmy Army and all you see are football shirts. These are cricket fans with dual allegiance to Blackpool, Southampton, Sheffield United, Luton Town, Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur: all banners and shirts prominently displayed during England's tour of Australia. Their songs are rooted in football culture, too. So what happens on that long-haul flight home? Why does the banter so readily turn to abuse when deployed in a football stadium?

There are still funny interludes at football matches; there are still the wags in the crowd of popular cliche, but increasingly they are drowned out by coarser emotions, and what passes for wit these days are songs about paedophilia or inter-familial sodomy. And the players' Twitter missives reflect this febrile atmosphere.

El Hadji Diouf of Blackburn Rovers is plainly a nasty piece of work and his comments towards the stricken Jamie Mackie of Queens Park Rangers as he lay on the ground during Saturday's FA Cup third-round tie are, if true, indefensible. But for all the understandable emotion surrounding a team-mate with a broken leg being taunted by a callous opponent, for QPR player Clint Hill to later announce 'That c*** will get what's coming to him' is hardly an edifying development for football.

Yet this is the way the game is going. When Paul Merson made an honest criticism of England right back Glen Johnson recently, Johnson replied that Merson was an 'alcoholic drug user'. It was a complete over-reaction, nasty yet depressingly familiar. Merson's comments on Johnson's form for Liverpool this season were made in a professional context, as part of his work as a pundit for Sky.

Johnson's riposte was irrational and unjustified. Yes, Merson admitted alcoholism. He admitted drug use. He has battled to overcome both and has regained control of his life. These frailties have nothing to do with his ability to accurately appraise Johnson's form, which has certainly been inconsistent.

The phrase Merson used was that Johnson 'couldn't defend for toffee'. It is a colourful expression, typical of his outspoken style, but he is hardly the first to reach that conclusion. Either way, Merson is entitled to his opinion, indeed he is paid to provide it. Johnson is entitled to disagree, too, but to do so in such an aggressive manner does him little credit. Sadly, it is very much a sign of the times.

Managers are often in trouble for glorified sound bites in post-match interviews, uttered when emotions are at a high, yet the Twitter debate is even less sophisticated. In 140 characters all context and lightness is removed and what may be said with a smile can come across as sour and confrontational.

It takes a very clever man to make pithiness sing. David Lloyd, the cricket commentator, was brilliant at it, until one swear word too many appeared at the bottom of his observations, and he closed his account.

Some of the most entertaining posters have already given up, leaving a surplus of dross, of people labouring under the misconception they have something to say. Much of football's chatter falls into this category. It is the work of men like Jose Enrique of Newcastle United, who revealed that he would miss the Tottenham Hotspur match with injury, much to the annoyance of Alan Pardew, his manager, who was hoping to conceal this information from the opposition until the teams were announced.

Stupidity, though, we can handle. It is the loss of humour and the eager embracing of some of football's most negative aspects that is most worrying. It used to be said there are no characters left in football. Now we've got 140 of them, but nobody's laughing.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1346242/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Will-witless-twits-learn.html#ixzz1Amcg61EA

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 02:17:15 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1988 on: January 12, 2011, 02:19:08 am »
Martin Samuel is a fat, scruffy, humourless c*nt who knows less about football than my Nan

Offline OldCold

• Lock 'em all up! A spell in the army would do 'em all good! Police State? Yes please! Has bookmarked the Daily Mail's editorial.
  • Legacy Fan
  • OC - RAWK's Poser boy.
« Reply #1989 on: January 12, 2011, 02:22:15 am »
Fucking hell that Samuel fella is a bellend.
OldCold has merked so many people over the last 5 hours. Awesome.
OldCold you are an enigma.

Offline Ramon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1990 on: January 12, 2011, 03:00:54 am »
So according to fat arse Samuel, Merson should say what he wants about Johnson but the he should take it like a meek lamb. Fuck off you bellend, Johnson was kind to Merson.
SOS member #2428.  We'll be coming, we'll be coming down the road! When you hear the noise from the Bill Shankly boys, we'll be coming down the road!!!!

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1991 on: January 12, 2011, 07:21:12 am »
I love the fact that people use to critcise Babel for tweeting as it would somehow take away from his training.  I wonder what they'll say about Kenny tweeting. 

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1992 on: January 12, 2011, 08:07:16 am »
Fuck of Samuel you fat c**t and if you sign up to Twitter I will say that to your face via my PC.

Now we've got 140 characters, but nobody's laughing - will the witless twits never learn?
By Martin Samuel.

So when did it happen? When did 'What are you doing right now?' and 'What's happening?' become 'Who's a cheat?', 'Whose legs do you want broken?' or 'Please submit a gibberish list of people you hate'.

Ryan Babel, of Liverpool, has become the first player to be charged by the Football Association for a statement made on his Twitter account, but he surely will not be the last.

Quite plainly, Twitter will be a reflection of our society, and if it is now drowning in a sea of witless bile and poison, this says more about the users than the medium.

Babel posted a doctored photograph of Howard Webb, the referee, wearing a Manchester United shirt, as a means of intimating he was crooked in his handling of the game at Old Trafford on Sunday. Wherever you might stand on the issue of whether Dimitar Berbatov fairly won his penalty, or whether Steven Gerrard deserved his sending-off, it is wrong to suggest Webb acted in anything less than good faith.

Nor was it just a harmless gag, as Gordon Taylor, chief of the Professional Footballers' Association, claimed yesterday. If Webb was wrong - and I don't think he was, but accept there are plenty who do - it was not because he favoured Manchester United over Liverpool and he does not deserve Babel's suggestion otherwise.

Yet the Liverpool man is a minor offender compared to some, not least those who have taken to abusing various members of the Dalglish family via Twitter sites since Kenny took the Liverpool job (although his son, Paul, may not have helped matters by writing how much he hated losing to Manchester United and calling Webb the puppet of Mr. Ferguson).

Having just returned from the Ashes, it is rather dispiriting to be plunged back into this world of unsmiling nastiness and ill-humour once more. The Barmy Army have their detractors, too, mainly folk who preferred the days when cricket took place to a background of gentle applause rather than raucous doggerel in regional accents, but what sets the modern-day travellers apart is their instinct that watching sport should be fun.

The teasing of Mitchell Johnson may have been merciless, some of the chants repetitive, but when several thousand throats, to the tune of Yellow Submarine, assailed the Australians with a chorus of 'Your next Queen is Camilla Parker-Bowles', it was a reminder that part of being a spectator involves having a laugh and sometimes laughing at yourself, too.

Yet, walk among the Barmy Army and all you see are football shirts. These are cricket fans with dual allegiance to Blackpool, Southampton, Sheffield United, Luton Town, Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur: all banners and shirts prominently displayed during England's tour of Australia. Their songs are rooted in football culture, too. So what happens on that long-haul flight home? Why does the banter so readily turn to abuse when deployed in a football stadium?

There are still funny interludes at football matches; there are still the wags in the crowd of popular cliche, but increasingly they are drowned out by coarser emotions, and what passes for wit these days are songs about paedophilia or inter-familial sodomy. And the players' Twitter missives reflect this febrile atmosphere.

El Hadji Diouf of Blackburn Rovers is plainly a nasty piece of work and his comments towards the stricken Jamie Mackie of Queens Park Rangers as he lay on the ground during Saturday's FA Cup third-round tie are, if true, indefensible. But for all the understandable emotion surrounding a team-mate with a broken leg being taunted by a callous opponent, for QPR player Clint Hill to later announce 'That c*** will get what's coming to him' is hardly an edifying development for football.

Yet this is the way the game is going. When Paul Merson made an honest criticism of England right back Glen Johnson recently, Johnson replied that Merson was an 'alcoholic drug user'. It was a complete over-reaction, nasty yet depressingly familiar. Merson's comments on Johnson's form for Liverpool this season were made in a professional context, as part of his work as a pundit for Sky.

Johnson's riposte was irrational and unjustified. Yes, Merson admitted alcoholism. He admitted drug use. He has battled to overcome both and has regained control of his life. These frailties have nothing to do with his ability to accurately appraise Johnson's form, which has certainly been inconsistent.

The phrase Merson used was that Johnson 'couldn't defend for toffee'. It is a colourful expression, typical of his outspoken style, but he is hardly the first to reach that conclusion. Either way, Merson is entitled to his opinion, indeed he is paid to provide it. Johnson is entitled to disagree, too, but to do so in such an aggressive manner does him little credit. Sadly, it is very much a sign of the times.

Managers are often in trouble for glorified sound bites in post-match interviews, uttered when emotions are at a high, yet the Twitter debate is even less sophisticated. In 140 characters all context and lightness is removed and what may be said with a smile can come across as sour and confrontational.

It takes a very clever man to make pithiness sing. David Lloyd, the cricket commentator, was brilliant at it, until one swear word too many appeared at the bottom of his observations, and he closed his account.

Some of the most entertaining posters have already given up, leaving a surplus of dross, of people labouring under the misconception they have something to say. Much of football's chatter falls into this category. It is the work of men like Jose Enrique of Newcastle United, who revealed that he would miss the Tottenham Hotspur match with injury, much to the annoyance of Alan Pardew, his manager, who was hoping to conceal this information from the opposition until the teams were announced.

Stupidity, though, we can handle. It is the loss of humour and the eager embracing of some of football's most negative aspects that is most worrying. It used to be said there are no characters left in football. Now we've got 140 of them, but nobody's laughing.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1346242/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Will-witless-twits-learn.html#ixzz1Amcg61EA

Fucking jouro's get a tad angry when someone moves in on their gig. don't they?

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1993 on: January 12, 2011, 08:32:38 am »
Depends how much you want to reduce player power and introduce accountability into the game.  Isnt it what we're all getting fed up about, players showing no respect, breaking contracts and dictating their terms onto all and sundry?

This is not about player power. It's nothing more than Rafa picking up his glasses when asked about the ref except it was less subtle. This isn't about a player throwing his toys out of his pram, it's about a player highlighting a serious issue. You could argue that it was a bit childish, but at the end of the day he's still a young lad communicating via internet. There are tons of older people on here who have been posting that pic as well or found it quite apt (I'd include me in that even though I'm only 6 years older than Babel).

The less said about Martin Samuel's attempt at writing something meaningful the better...

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1994 on: January 12, 2011, 08:58:39 am »
... and while people listen to the likes of Martin Samuel I don't expect the standard of refereeing to improve.

I guess these 'journalists' are grateful of the amount of controversy generated every single week.  Otherwise they'd be forced to give more opinions on the actual football.  Force that on someone with as little insight into the game as Samuel and I only see his career going one way.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #1995 on: January 12, 2011, 01:48:31 pm »

Ah, you beat me to it. He's partly right of course, but he himself is drowning in a sea of equal opportunity to write utter bullshit. The world is turning upside down and Martin Samuel is far too fat to do an eskimo roll.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #1996 on: January 12, 2011, 02:10:27 pm »

There is a lot of truth in that. All of a sudden, football writers can be pulled up when they are wrong, and they don't like it up 'em.

Maybe generational as well, people like Barclay and Bluto become distressed they are no longer carving tablets of stone that others bow to. Younger journalists seem to take it in their stride.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #1997 on: January 12, 2011, 02:17:05 pm »
Martin Samuel has so much hatred for the club, the supporters...its really, really not too hard to see it in all his articles everytime he writes.

This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline redcarLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1998 on: January 12, 2011, 02:23:55 pm »
was sat right behind the fat c*nt when we got beat 1-3 by Chelsea at home int eh champions league a few years ago.  He kept jumping up when they scored to go look at the replays on the monitors a few rows in front of him.  Seriously wanted to kick him down the stairs.

Offline coolfire

• Kopite
  • Raa-Fa..Rafael... Raa-Fa..Rafael... Raa-Fa..Rafael
« Reply #1999 on: January 12, 2011, 02:27:13 pm »
Seriously, who the EFF cares about that c*nty samuel C*NT..... Eff off.....
Rafa Benitez, 19112007: "But even if I was approached I would tell whichever club it was that I am really happy with my club, my squad, my supporters and my city."

Moses said,"Come forth", but we came fifth...And won the Champions League!