Author Topic: PL B'mth 0 v LFC 3 Ox 35' Naby 44' Mo 54'  (Read 22883 times)

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
Re: PL B'mth 0 v LFC 3 Ox 35' Naby 44' Mo 54'
« Reply #240 on: December 7, 2019, 07:52:51 pm »
We are 4th on match of the day tonight, but I am going to do that unusual thing for me and watch the matches before. I don't even begrudge the Ev their win, as it knocks the plastics down a peg or two.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #241 on: December 7, 2019, 08:02:34 pm »
Ideal prep for Tuesday.

Assume we will go strongest team possible with one midfield spot up for grabs.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #242 on: December 7, 2019, 08:10:11 pm »
Henderson was outstanding.

He was fantastic today. He's still improving even at this stage in his career. Didn't put a foot wrong today. Really mature performance and exactly what we want from a captain.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: December 7, 2019, 08:44:05 pm »
Fun Fact: For 3-years every time I connect my iPhone to iTunes, (which is twice daily at least) it doesn't matter what I do, what podcasts I add or delete, how many times I wipe it clean, etc, on recollection it always has the Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool TAW Pink on it.

It's been annoying, but it's an ironic fun now.

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #244 on: December 7, 2019, 09:50:01 pm »
At a canter... It was too easy for Liverpool.
You gotta feel sorry for Bournemouth. It could get ugly for them by Christmas.
Do you think they will stay up in the division or are they for the drop?

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #245 on: December 7, 2019, 09:50:12 pm »
Fun Fact: For 3-years every time I connect my iPhone to iTunes, (which is twice daily at least) it doesn't matter what I do, what podcasts I add or delete, how many times I wipe it clean, etc, on recollection it always has the Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool TAW Pink on it.

John, can you please re-open the Virgil thread? Promise not to post any Ballon d`or crap. Just want to show him some appreciation for the performance today.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #246 on: December 7, 2019, 09:52:42 pm »

I remember that one. “Hard lines...one of those” was Ben Johnson’s pretty level-headed analysis.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #247 on: December 7, 2019, 09:54:17 pm »
7 pages. That’s a slow thread after a win. I think it shows how absolutely content we are, especially the manner of the past two victories. Nothing to complain about.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: December 7, 2019, 11:04:01 pm »
7 pages. That’s a slow thread after a win. I think it shows how absolutely content we are, especially the manner of the past two victories. Nothing to complain about.

I think because it was such an easy boring win that we don't have much to talk about apart from our abject failure to score a 4th, 5th and 6th goal. Kind of embarrassing really.*

*Pretty sure Klopp called the dogs off as he likes Eddie Howe and didn't want to be disrespectful

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #249 on: December 7, 2019, 11:20:49 pm »
Just saving energy. The boys are brilliant at this these days. If Bournemouth was gonna give it to them, they were gonna take it. At one point around 80 mins Milner just stepped over a ball and let it run out for a throw, i laughed out loud. Truly boring last half hour and that's the way we love it! 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #250 on: December 7, 2019, 11:23:49 pm »
Everything about this game was great apart from Lovren injury...hope it is just cramp.

Tempo was like a training game, players rested, 3 goals, 3 points...
....city lose

What a day again
What a season so far!!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: December 7, 2019, 11:24:49 pm »
I think we look much better defensively with Gomez at centre back. He is better in the air than Lovren, has more pace and I think his positioning is better. He looks far better there than at full back also in my opinion.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #252 on: December 7, 2019, 11:37:03 pm »
Apart from the niggle suffered by Lovren, Gini & Lallana, as perfect a day as we could ask for  - 3 wonderful goals, a clean sheet and City falling apart!

Add to that Mo looking more like himself again and Mane a breather means we can go into Tuesday with more confidence now.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #253 on: December 7, 2019, 11:44:54 pm »
Yous isn't actually a proper word...we said.
Second person plural in scouse
Fact

My French teacher aged 11 said to me that scouse is pretty unique in English at having a different word for second person singular and plural rather than the boring you and you version outside of the purple bin zone..which makes conjugation easier. Scousers are blessed people
+6 ticket exchange

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #254 on: December 7, 2019, 11:49:29 pm »
I think because it was such an easy boring win that we don't have much to talk about apart from our abject failure to score a 4th, 5th and 6th goal. Kind of embarrassing really.*

*Pretty sure Klopp called the dogs off as he likes Eddie Howe and didn't want to be disrespectful

Nothing boring about a 3-0 away win. Take that every time we play.

Still haven’t seen the match yet but highlights on in 10 on Sky. Feet up looking forward to it. These are the days!
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: December 7, 2019, 11:50:48 pm »
I'm not one for focusing on the opposition when we play well, but jesus Bournemouth were bad weren't they? I mean, what was their actual game plan?? They played how I'd imagine Macclesfield would have played today should they not have gone on strike. I'd be very worried if I supported them because it seems to have all gone very stale; they could easily sleep walk into relegation.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: December 7, 2019, 11:51:20 pm »
Vorsprung durch Technik.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: December 8, 2019, 12:02:31 am »
Told ye people.
Post match threads will dwindle to 3 soon!  Haha!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: December 8, 2019, 12:13:30 am »
Nothing boring about a 3-0 away win. Take that every time we play.

Still haven’t seen the match yet but highlights on in 10 on Sky. Feet up looking forward to it. These are the days!

Boring definitely isn't the right word at all, something like untroubled and routine would be better when the only doubt was how many goals we'd score.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: December 8, 2019, 12:22:06 am »
Boring definitely isn't the right word at all, something like untroubled and routine would be better when the only doubt was how many goals we'd score.

Shitty low camera angle at Bournemouth made the game look a bit like some dodgy old FA Cup game, that's all.

« Last Edit: December 8, 2019, 12:32:26 am by stjohns »

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #260 on: December 8, 2019, 12:33:58 am »
Well that was 30 mins well spent. Three well worked goals again. Not sure whether I prefer the Henderson assist or the Bobby-esque one from Mo to Keita. Three excellent finishes.
Obviously there’s only so much you can tell from highlights but the bits they showed Keita looked like he played well. Alisson may as well have taken a flask and good book with him second half.

We are so damn good right now.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: December 8, 2019, 12:41:08 am »
Just saving energy. The boys are brilliant at this these days. If Bournemouth was gonna give it to them, they were gonna take it. At one point around 80 mins Milner just stepped over a ball and let it run out for a throw, i laughed out loud. Truly boring last half hour and that's the way we love it!

Really important for Tuesday too that we basically could just walk around in the second half. Mane will be fresher, as will Gini etc. Some great rotation by Klopp this week.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #262 on: December 8, 2019, 12:45:30 am »
Fact

My French teacher aged 11 said to me that scouse is pretty unique in English at having a different word for second person singular and plural rather than the boring you and you version outside of the purple bin zone..which makes conjugation easier. Scousers are blessed people
Nah. Geordies do it too.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #263 on: December 8, 2019, 02:57:04 am »
I also think most people switched straight over to watch the Abu Dhabi / Manc game and got caught up with what unfolded there.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: December 8, 2019, 03:07:07 am »
Fact

Fuck me, that's young for a teacher.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: December 8, 2019, 04:14:05 am »
It's because we didnt we get out of the second gear. Total cruise control.
Although, I think Ox and Keita performance is worth talking about. It is amazing that our playing standards are not dropping with rotation. Mark of top coaching!

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: December 8, 2019, 04:39:40 am »
Missed the game, as i was in bed all day. Where did Curtis Jones play when he came on, did Milner go to LB and he went into midfield?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #267 on: December 8, 2019, 05:36:48 am »
Missed the game, as i was in bed all day. Where did Curtis Jones play when he came on, did Milner go to LB and he went into midfield?
You weren't in bed, you were on the couch... ;)

Yes, Milner went to LB, Jones played as an 8.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: December 8, 2019, 06:03:20 am »
Ta.   ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #269 on: December 8, 2019, 06:06:25 am »
I'm not one for focusing on the opposition when we play well, but jesus Bournemouth were bad weren't they? I mean, what was their actual game plan?? They played how I'd imagine Macclesfield would have played today should they not have gone on strike. I'd be very worried if I supported them because it seems to have all gone very stale; they could easily sleep walk into relegation.

I watched Bournemouth last Tuesday at Palace & that were awful, that's in spite of being a man up for most of the match, there last win was Man Utd beginning of November ;D there a weird team too, tend to go on those runs like 7 without a win, then pick up an unlikely win from somewhere, go 5 games without a win, then get a shock win, even though they had a good start, wouldn't surprise me if they do get relegated, Chelsea away up next for Bournemouth
#Sausages

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: December 8, 2019, 06:36:43 am »
we break teams. Thats what we do.

Bournemouth already looks dead from the kick off. They were scared.

The moment the first goal came, it was just a damage limitation exercise. 

only negative was lovren and even then it might just be a minor one.

oh and 7 pages. even the moaners got nothing to moan about.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #271 on: December 8, 2019, 08:14:06 am »
One thing I did notice was how much passing we were doing.

There's this article from the Guardian about the most passes in a match https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/04/which-football-team-have-completed-the-most-passes-in-a-match

And according to the PL website we completed 850, https://www.premierleague.com/match/46756

Which would put us 6th (in the recent time since they started counting). I don't think the PL use Opta so maybe not, who knows.

And not particularly meaningful in anyway, other than to perhaps just how uncompetitive the game became.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #272 on: December 8, 2019, 08:22:59 am »
Last two matches give lots of options for Tuesday.

4-3-3 with Gini and Hendo in midfield with one other place up for grabs then usual front free and back four (maybe Gomez in).

4-2-3-1 is a curveball too.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #273 on: December 8, 2019, 08:49:13 am »
TBF to Bournemouth they had something like 8 or 9 players missing which would affect most teams never mind a team with a small squad like theirs.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #274 on: December 8, 2019, 09:01:34 am »
TBF to Bournemouth they had something like 8 or 9 players missing which would affect most teams never mind a team with a small squad like theirs.

Surely not a surprise we scored two not long after Ake went off as well. Hadn’t heard of the sub who came on for him and Mepham hasn’t featured that much either. Not our problem obviously!

And not surprised it’s been quite quiet in here. When we win it’s straight to the Chasing the Title thread!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: December 8, 2019, 10:16:54 am »

John, can you please re-open the Virgil thread? Promise not to post any Ballon d`or crap. Just want to show him some appreciation for the performance today.
Sorry mate, only just seen this, is it open now? I can't see it at a glance.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #276 on: December 8, 2019, 11:39:33 am »
Great to see Salah look sharper and get the goal and assist, yesterday.

Brilliant game from Henderson too. And Keita looked good - he needs to start building on one of these cameos/games and make himself a real option for Klopp.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #277 on: December 8, 2019, 11:42:45 am »
we break teams. Thats what we do.

Bournemouth already looks dead from the kick off. They were scared.

The moment the first goal came, it was just a damage limitation exercise. 

only negative was lovren and even then it might just be a minor one.

oh and 7 pages. even the moaners got nothing to moan about.

Which was exactly the sort of "aura" some on here were saying City had about them last year (probably rightly). "Teams roll over for them etc etc".

I and a few others said then, it was only a matter of time before we developed that aura of invincibility ourselves. I'm brill, me! Nah not really its simply down to result after result and the manner in which we always seem to find a way to win.

Ironically and amusingly, City seem to have lost their mojo this season, teams aint afraid of them anymore.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #278 on: December 8, 2019, 11:57:37 am »
Trying to say he didn't you's it properly? What's is the proper you's then? Can you you's it in a sentence?

I met Peter Gabriel and Neneh Cherry the other day and said:

"I really liked the way yous used youssou n dor in your musical collaborations back in the day.."

[Drops mike...]

;D
YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: December 8, 2019, 01:44:44 pm »

Reckon it's because post-match reaction is being spread over so many different topics as well.  There's all the individual player performances, how it fits into our title challenge, the reactions of rivals, their results etc.

We just look so assured against teams like this, and it's nice to have a game where we didn't have to scrap for points.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art