Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1047361 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Pinhead Jenas and Joe Cole calling every Chelsea player and staff member by their first names was doing my head in.

Jenas was calling some of our players by their first names too.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Indeed. I mean, there's definitely a need for this sort of thread to call out the Richard Keys and Danny Mills types, you know, the absolute fuckwits.

But the levels of over-sensitivity among our fans borders on pathological.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Get used to it, in 15 years time JL*ngz et al (who's Al?) will be calling the players by their snapchat handles*.
He might even be calling them. It'll be called ingaming, or something equally hideous.

* Not sure if that's  something or not, just guessing.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Indeed. I mean, there's definitely a need for this sort of thread to call out the Richard Keys and Danny Mills types, you know, the absolute fuckwits.

But the levels of over-sensitivity among our fans borders on pathological.

I do have a pathological hatred of Pinhead Jenas, tis true, I cannot stand the odious little prick and his constant appearances wherever you look on TV.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They really need to dump Jake

“Guys...”

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
:lmao

Textbook response

:)

Yeah its pretty much schoolboy humour but ace that its directed at that smug twat :)

Did you know he supports Norwich BTW?  He doesn't like to mention it.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Humphrey is the perfect face for BT and their even more over-the-top approach to sports broadcasting than Sky. Every single thing they put on is the biggest thing since the last thing. There's lots of movement, colours, loud noises and yoof/meme language.

It's lowest common denominator television and it's tiresome.

Apart from Mark Pougatch, who I like a lot as a presenter.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Martin Tyler and Sky *still* trying to make "and it's live" a thing.

Oh, and this is now even on the pre/post-advert stings for Sky games.

Hype is boring.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Humphrey is the perfect face for BT and their even more over-the-top approach to sports broadcasting than Sky. Every single thing they put on is the biggest thing since the last thing. There's lots of movement, colours, loud noises and yoof/meme language.

It's lowest common denominator television and it's tiresome.

Apart from Mark Pougatch, who I like a lot as a presenter.

Which is really strange, as their main commentator sounds bored as fuck all the time. A huge goal will go in and in the same tone as always he just says "and thats a goal for Liverpool" or whoever is playing.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
I couldn’t believe the amount of times they brought up the time it was in Turkey, like it was the first time they’d been subjected to time zones.
AHA!

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers

someone has given her a Pearl necklace as well

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Martin Tyler and Sky *still* trying to make "and it's live" a thing.
When Sky invented football in 1992, they had fucking cheerleaders, cheerleaders!

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Never heard anything like it.

https://twitter.com/SachinNakrani/status/1163927059699326976?s=19

The International Football Association Board's five members comprise the English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish FAs and Fifa, which represents its other football associations.

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
Why does McManaman call Gini Gio?
Internet terrorist

• Legacy Fan
I've heard others call him that tbf, rightly or wrongly

• Legacy Fan

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Cos he covers every blade of grass on the fucking planet
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"even though he handballs it, he won that dual with Robertson"
Gary Neville, 44, Manchester.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
Gary Neville spouting some absolute shite trying to claim how van Dijk is afraid of Pepe by not committing to challenges. Has he ever seen Virgil play?
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Gary Neville spouting some absolute shite trying to claim how van Dijk is afraid of Pepe by not committing to challenges. Has he ever seen Virgil play?

See above 👆

Neville is really struggling this season, United have never been further behind Liverpool in his lifetime and its killing him.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
See above 👆

Neville is really struggling this season, United have never been further behind Liverpool in his lifetime and its killing him.
Is right. And I reckon that Palace result really made him fume
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Yeah I’m not one to moan about commentary too much but that was embarrassing today. Anyone would think it was Pepe who scored two goals from out wide.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
Them 3 bellends are fucking hideous. Tyler begging for an Arsenal comeback, 30 seconds left and "it's still not comfortable for Liverpool" "it's anxious here" errr is it? Neville banging on like Pepe destroyed Van Dijk and 90mins of how uncomfortable he looked when he was totally comfortable, and Carragher again chatting shit after spending last night wanking over Everton and calling them "one of the best defensive units in the league"

Can't stand any of them

Was watching the PL main event stream with Beglin and the lead commentator. It was fine - all prosaic and fairly ho hum but no hyperbole and hysteria like Sky it seems.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is right. And I reckon that Palace result really made him fume
Ratboy, Owl?
It ended badly.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Cricket, but Isa Guha seems to be the only person allowed to be incredibly boring on both TMS and Sky.

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
Cricket, but Isa Guha seems to be the only person allowed to be incredibly boring on both TMS and Sky.
I like her  :-[

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
"even though he handballs it, he won that dual with Robertson"
Gary Neville, 44, Manchester.

Mad comment.
He was begging Arsenal to be good.

Weird manchild.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
He’s a bit schizophrenic is Neville because other times he’ll proper big us up. It’s exactly like someone else said, the last couple of seasons have broken his brain.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.

Her favourite phrase of 'much needed boundary' really pisses me off. She uses it almost every time one is scored in the shorter formats.

It doesn't matter the context of the game, she will say it. In T20 or ODI games a team could be absolutely ratting along at 10 an over, 4 will be scored and she'll say how they've just scored a 'much needed boundary.'

Listen to it, and once you hear it you'll never not be able to not hear it :D

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Her favourite phrase of 'much needed boundary' really pisses me off. She uses it almost every time one is scored in the shorter formats.

It doesn't matter the context of the game, she will say it. In T20 or ODI games a team could be absolutely ratting along at 10 an over, 4 will be scored and she'll say how they've just scored a 'much needed boundary.'

Listen to it, and once you hear it you'll never not be able to not hear it :D
Ha ha, yes, this is quite common among a lot of ex players when they do commentary or summarising or talking in public about the game. I guess commentary/public expression is an art and while some ex-players take to it like a duck to water, others just aren't good at it so they tend to fall back on stock phrases. Sticking with cricket I remember Monty Panasar in his 'right areas' phase, just constantly saying 'got to get it in the right areas' every time he spoke.

Or remember Peter Beardsley saying 'to be fair' at the end of every single sentence. It got quite annoying, to be fair. Or Danny Mills spouting absolute fucking shite every time he opens his gob, the effluent-expounding meff.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Nice to read Kloppo having a little dig at Carragher after the game yesterday  ;D

In response to Carragher saying he thought Mane was being over-worked: “I would love to hear Jamie Carragher if I had left Sadio out. Punditry is a world-class business; I have to think about if I do that after my [management] career.”

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
A lad at work showed me the clips of Tyler’s commentary on Mo’s goal and Martial’s goal against us a few years ago.

How did he manage to get away with ‘YEEEEEEEEEES!’ when Martial scored?

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
Them 3 bellends are fucking hideous. Tyler begging for an Arsenal comeback, 30 seconds left and "it's still not comfortable for Liverpool" "it's anxious here" errr is it? Neville banging on like Pepe destroyed Van Dijk and 90mins of how uncomfortable he looked when he was totally comfortable, and Carragher again chatting shit after spending last night wanking over Everton and calling them "one of the best defensive units in the league"

Can't stand any of them

Carragher to me always seems like he's over-compensating to not seem like he's completely in favour of Liverpool. He's obviously a huge fan. Wouldn't class him in the same bracket as the others, not even close. If you want a cheerleader I think you need Steve Hunter's dulcet tones!

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Carragher to me always seems like he's over-compensating to not seem like he's completely in favour of Liverpool. He's obviously a huge fan. Wouldn't class him in the same bracket as the others, not even close. If you want a cheerleader I think you need Steve Hunter's dulcet tones!
Yeh I have no issue with Carragher whatsoever. I don't always agree with him, I sometimes think he's dead wrong, I sometimes wonder what match he was watching, and he definitely overcompensates at times, but so what? People can be wrong without being c*nts.

Far too much sensitivity among fans sometimes

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*

Can't stand any of them

Why are you calling a Liverpool legend a 'bellend' because of his opinions on football? Take a chill pill, and a respect pill while you're at it.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Irony alert there. Not seen you in the Firmino thread for a while ya coward  ;D

Find me a post calling Firmino a bellend, you giant weirdo?