Author Topic: Everton 0-2 Liverpool, Post Match Chat  (Read 85587 times)

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
Re: Everton 0-2 Liverpool, Post Match Chat
« Reply #840 on: September 28, 2008, 03:02:49 pm »
He was involved for the goals alright. For the first he got out of the way which is what he does most of the time except now it actually worked out for us. For the second one he for the 100th time this season wasted a chance by being too slow on the ball and needing too many touches but this time the ball happened to fall in front of Torres's feet - a man who doesn't need to think twelve times before shooting at goal.

There is no denying Kuijt is a hard worker but that's all there is too him. His crossing is pot luck. He never actually watches where he plays the ball he just crosses it. And what is even more baffling, he tends to hold it when he should cross instantly and cross instantly when there is no one in front of goal! Some serious lack of vision going on there.

Now I'd like for him to stay at the club but we seriously need to bring someone better in for that position in January. Riera is doing ok so the right is where our focus should be and not with another centre half from Brazil to drive Agger out of the club.

On Kuyt, I disagree with you.

Big time.

He was only foiled by a great tackle from Jagielka.

His front post run to leave Torres in 4 acres of space was great also

Limited yes, but he is effective
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #841 on: September 28, 2008, 03:09:59 pm »
He didn't block a shot on target because it wasn't a shot as the whistle had already gone for a foul.

Thanks, so had the whistle for Nando's third, so we'll hear no more about either then.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #842 on: September 28, 2008, 03:20:37 pm »
As much as I get frustrated by Kuyt and his por technique, I have to agree one thing. He is one hell of a intelligent players in his runs, decision making etc.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: September 28, 2008, 03:33:08 pm »
kuyt at times frustrates me but i don't understand how anyone could criticise him for yesterday, i thought his all round game was superb.

Offline PhilLFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Stay Low Move Fast..We are the Pilgrims Master
« Reply #844 on: September 28, 2008, 03:49:22 pm »
I think kuyt is more effective as he is, he is not an out an out goal scorer, but his effort on the pitch is 1st class in terms of team work
22 Smokin AceS

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #845 on: September 28, 2008, 03:52:34 pm »
Great result.

Iam currently down In Bornemouth visiting freinds and went the pub to watch the match. I gets talking to this fella from Liverpool and it turns out that he's Fat Scouser who posts on here. Nice fella and he bought us a pint before he gets off.

Nice.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #846 on: September 28, 2008, 03:52:55 pm »
There is no doubt that the game against Everton was an important win for us, not only because we beat Everton after the mediocre Stoke game, and the points that gives us, but also because of the confidence factor it will have given the players.

I think there are signs that the team is becoming just that - a 'team',  getting to know each otheres styles and abilities whereas in the past couple of seasons we have started off playing like a bunch of strangers.  Rotation doesn't seem to be having such an impact now which is good.   It was great to see Torres score again - it wont be long before we see that again I think - and also the fact that he and Keane seem to be getting some understanding going which bodes well for the future.  Kuyt was great yesterday I thought, and it's nice to see some raise for him at long last.

One thing that did rile me a bit though was the way we still put the blocks on when we get into the final third of the pitch.  Time after time we had a player go on a good run, get to the opposition 1/3 and then we would slow down, pass sideways or backwards and have to try then and work the ball through to take a shot on goal.  Dont know why we do it, but it hapopens time after time even if there are hardly any opposition players in the way.

That's being a bit picky though, and overall it has been a great start to the season.  Loing may it continue :)   
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #847 on: September 28, 2008, 04:00:04 pm »
Didn't Haman get sent off at Anfield against the blues for a two footed tackle that didn't make contact

Igor in the Gary Mac derby it was mate
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline rafa forever

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #848 on: September 28, 2008, 04:04:26 pm »
Get in.
Trade count +17

Through the thick and thin.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #849 on: September 28, 2008, 04:13:29 pm »
It's ok after we win the Derby saying everything is great but when we draw another 3 games 0-0 before Christmas and certain players (I'll be kind) are not making the difference and bailing us out then their lack of a cutting edge will harm us.

Can you get me the winning numbers for next week's lotto while you're looking into your crystal ball?

Look, I know we've developed a habit in past seasons of exactly what you're mentioning, and who knows- maybe you'll be spot on in your prediction come January.  But we've got the best start we've had in ages (ever?), and I think the Liverpool of old would have settled for a 0-0 draw against Everton after the disappointing draw to Stoke the week before.  That attitude used to be, "Maybe that's all we deserve/That's all we're good enough for".  Emotion of it being a derby played a part in the win, but the game itself was a tale of two teams.  The first half was very much the Liverpool of old- seemingly content for a draw.  But something happened at the half and they came out to win.  I don't think we would have seen that in the past.  Perhaps it's too early to put on the optimist hat, but can we at least enjoy the now without bemoaning what might be?
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #850 on: September 28, 2008, 04:20:53 pm »
Kuyt's effective in games like this, but vs teams like Stoke? nah, i'd go with a more direct approach like Babel.
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #851 on: September 28, 2008, 04:33:09 pm »
Kuyt's effective in games like this, but vs teams like Stoke? nah, i'd go with a more direct approach like Babel.

Ahhh revisionist managing after the fact.

Just what space would Babel have run into with Stoke having 11 men behind the ball? He'd have run into blind alleys time and again.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline MonTheKuyt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #852 on: September 28, 2008, 04:35:12 pm »
It should have been a happy day, but mike riley ruined it for me. I had money on torres to score a hat-trick! Then after the game I went to put money on hull beating arsenal and thought no I've just lost that money on torres. If the goal had stood, i'd have put money on hull and would now have about Ł500 more. Kill Mike Riley!

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: September 28, 2008, 04:38:36 pm »

Just what space would Babel have run into with Stoke having 11 men behind the ball? He'd have run into blind alleys time and again.

what space does torres have when he's banging in shed loads of goals against shit teams at anfield?

what space does ronaldo have to run into when he's bangin in a ridiculous amount of goals against shit teams at old trafford.

i agree with danny, lets get babel in from the start against the likes of stoke at anfield and lets go for there throats from the off and get an early goal for a change.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 04:40:10 pm by STORMTROOPER »

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: September 28, 2008, 04:41:27 pm »
Decide i'd download the 606 podcast, to have a laugh at the Arsenal and Everton fans. First caller was a Liverpool fan pissing and moaning about Kuyt and Dossena. What a miserable bastard. Same goes for Alan Green.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: September 28, 2008, 04:44:13 pm »
Decide i'd download the 606 podcast, to have a laugh at the Arsenal and Everton fans. First caller was a Liverpool fan pissing and moaning about Kuyt and Dossena. What a miserable bastard. Same goes for Alan Green.

I was in the car and had it on. Heard the same caller and switched back to me CD.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #856 on: September 28, 2008, 04:47:32 pm »

Which was reflected in Babel being reasonably ineffective when he came on in that game

Offline petrus

• Main Stander
« Reply #857 on: September 28, 2008, 04:55:45 pm »
Anyobody who knows when Everton will release their new dvd? :wave

Online Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #858 on: September 28, 2008, 05:10:52 pm »
Iam currently down In Bornemouth visiting freinds and went the pub to watch the match. I gets talking to this fella from Liverpool and it turns out that he's Fat Scouser who posts on here. Nice fella and he bought us a pint before he gets off.

Nice.
Which pub did you go to? I live in Poole :)
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #859 on: September 28, 2008, 05:17:25 pm »
Which was reflected in Babel being reasonably ineffective when he came on in that game

True.

And yet, Babel has scored the vast majority of his goals coming on a sub.

It didn't work v Stoke. Babel or anything. People need to get over it.

Same team that started v Stoke, started v Everton. We won 2-0.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: September 28, 2008, 05:31:03 pm »
Anyone see one of our lot with a pair of binoculars in the away end? Saw it on Sky. I know they are a small club but that's taking the piss.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #861 on: September 28, 2008, 05:36:13 pm »

Which pub did you go to? I live in Poole :)

It was called The Cranleigh, nice pub. Iam currently staying in Boscombe by Kings Park right by AFC Bournemouths ground.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #862 on: September 28, 2008, 06:00:10 pm »
i thought the first 15 min was some of the best football we have seen in recent years, in terms of movement, passing...movement.... it was pass and move all over the pitch.
A fucking joy to watch.

and gerrard was absolutely brilliant.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: September 28, 2008, 06:18:24 pm »
Great result.

Nice.
Mad coincidence that. There's loads of names you might not recall but I'd remember Fat Scouser.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: September 28, 2008, 06:36:28 pm »

Mad coincidence that. There's loads of names you might not recall but I'd remember Fat Scouser.

It is isn't. We metioned RAWK and he tells me who he is. Took it awhile for it to sink in. Nice fella and yes he is a scouser and he is fat. 

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #865 on: September 28, 2008, 06:54:40 pm »
Just got back now, stayed overnight at a mates

Fuckin awesome result, and Torres should have had his hatrick.

Come on now, who was the ginger dancin naked round concert square?
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline Hughsey2

• Boys Pen
« Reply #866 on: September 28, 2008, 07:18:49 pm »
What as the chant about 'Not dieing in Kensington' about. Heard it today being sung by loads...

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #867 on: September 28, 2008, 07:43:12 pm »
Just got back now, stayed overnight at a mates

Fuckin awesome result, and Torres should have had his hatrick.

Come on now, who was the ginger dancin naked round concert square?
:D
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline litmanen37

• Legacy Fan
  • '77 '78 '81 '84 '05
« Reply #868 on: September 28, 2008, 07:52:25 pm »
still feels good!

im actually looking forward to going into work tomorrow (as i work with a couple of bitters)
Re: You have to take your hat off to Arsene Wenger...
The only way id take my hat off to him, is if i was odd job, then id throw it at the c*nt!

Offline Noli

• Anny Roader
  • Life is wasted on people
« Reply #869 on: September 28, 2008, 07:57:40 pm »
I was with a load of villa fans yesterday and they were pissing and whinging about robbie not being worth the money and that torres annoys them a lot i asked what about torres annoyed them and there response was oh he goes down a lot or oh he play with his hair!what idiots,thank god they didnt start shiting on about barry!
Time to start educating the masses, theres no excuse for ignorance,either you choose not to know or not to care

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #870 on: September 29, 2008, 12:29:15 am »
thought riera was top yet again, he is very strong, great body balance and strength. Ontop of that he can dribble, take on a man when the opportunity arises and play a good pass and moves around well.

Did anyone else notice how our players fluidly moved positions quite well? Riera / Keane / kuyt would drift into each others positions every now and again just to make the defenders think.

Best performence of the season so far, what a finish by torres for the 3rd goal too.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #871 on: September 29, 2008, 12:35:38 am »
Anyone read the first paragraph in the report in the Mirror??
Stupid c*nts dont know anything about Nando!!

read first two sentences >:(
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/09/27/everton-2-0-liverpool-fernando-torres-breaks-goal-drought-to-sink-toffees-115875-20756435/
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #872 on: September 29, 2008, 12:46:44 am »
i thoight after in the second half, our three strikers ran their defence ragged. i mean....Dirk was away from his right wing in the center!!!   Hallelyah!  Rafas seen the lite!  Well in Dirk!  ALL 3 Strikers had their hands with the goals! Its clickin......thats how we should kill mediocre teams off!  Stikre fear into the hearts of the opponents.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Portland1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #873 on: September 29, 2008, 12:46:55 am »
Great game. It was such a great team effort. I'm quite pleased with the Riera signing. I think he could have had a bigger impact on the game if he had more service, there was times when he was open in acres of space but the ball just wasnt given to him. I think that' why he might have ended up disappearing a little bit.

I just love his dribbling ability, it adds a lot to the game when he can beat his man and get the ball in a great spot.

I thought Stevie had a fantastic game linking up the play from the defense to the strikers so smoothly.

The thing i liked the most about the game was how the whole game you could tell that Torres was going to score and there was nothing Everton could do about it. Torres was just so intense that game and every time he was on the ball you knew something could happen. And i'm very pleased that he scored away from home which he didnt do much last year in the premier league. And even better that it was at Goodison

As soon as Keane starts scoring again we'll be looking even better.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:49:13 am by Portland1 »
YNWA

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #874 on: September 29, 2008, 12:51:43 am »
i gueess we wont see Monsta too soon now!  We will only need him in Crapski game!  :)
Go Xabi!

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #875 on: September 29, 2008, 12:55:25 am »
I think I prefer Dirk on the right than most of the wingers. He makes runs, gets crosses in and has good positioning.
He was great on Saturday, the man doesn't quit. I guess he classed as a midfielder now.
I just hope he can consistently perform like he did on Saturday.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #876 on: September 29, 2008, 12:57:24 am »
Its his runs thro the center which was creatin havoc and space for Nando. Otherwise Nando was tied up by the CBs.

Offline lawrie

• Legacy Fan
  • Done the treble
« Reply #877 on: September 29, 2008, 01:04:16 am »
Such a pity Kuyt couldnt claim his goal, it was a decent finish and would have given him confidence

Offline Rossie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: September 29, 2008, 01:42:40 am »
Such a pity Kuyt couldnt claim his goal, it was a decent finish and would have given him confidence
It was a pity for us but for Kuyt it doesn't matter too much, he'll play his usual game again next week.
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."  Rafa Benitez, 01/Nov/'10.

Offline Tuckwoor

• Anny Roader
« Reply #879 on: September 29, 2008, 01:49:54 am »
We played as a team.

Best thing from the match for me (aside from the win!) is it looks like Stevie finally understands he can't be a barnstorming rampaging midfielder if he plays in a central midfield pair and he played fantastically well there on saturday.

I really can't see any negatives from the game at all.