Author Topic: Liverpool news thread  (Read 124558 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool news thread
« Reply #360 on: June 7, 2020, 07:43:20 pm »
Yeah up to now he seems to have completed all of the developments they started. Backers all pulled the plug once he was arrested though and imagine they’ll stay as they are for a while.

It's a shame that so many people turn out to be asses. 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #361 on: August 12, 2020, 10:08:19 pm »
I see that RRS Attenborough crossed over the Mersey and was moored at the Cruise terminal for a couple of days while CL did some logistic swapping of stuff at the fitting out basin but I think it's gone back over to CL now.

Did anyone get to see it?
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #362 on: August 13, 2020, 12:02:56 am »
I see that RRS Attenborough crossed over the Mersey and was moored at the Cruise terminal for a couple of days while CL did some logistic swapping of stuff at the fitting out basin but I think it's gone back over to CL now.

Did anyone get to see it?

Yeah went for a walk a few times round there and will often sit an have a few drinks on the benches there. Is an impressive ship.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #363 on: September 23, 2020, 08:54:43 pm »
Use the app..

Scooter rider causes traffic chaos in Birkenhead Tunnel

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/electric-scooter-rider-causes-traffic-18985671#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

A Merseytravel spokesperson told the ECHO: “E-scooters are not allowed through the Mersey Tunnels under any circumstances and anyone contravening the Mersey Tunnels Byelaws or Road Traffic Act will be subject to appropriate action".

“In this instance, the driver in the video was stopped by Mersey Tunnels Police and given appropriate advice.”

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #364 on: September 23, 2020, 09:13:14 pm »
Saw a bike riding through it about 4 weeks ago (they were coming from Liverpool) - some people are just idiots.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #365 on: September 24, 2020, 07:14:24 am »
Saw a bike riding through it about 4 weeks ago (they were coming from Liverpool) - some people are just idiots.

Wat time was it?  They are allowed at certain times, are they  not?
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: September 24, 2020, 08:36:51 am »

You can ride through the old tunnel at night. The cut off times vary a bit, something like before 7am and after 8pm on weekdays, and before 8am on Sundays. There is no other way to cross the river with a bike at that time.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #367 on: September 24, 2020, 09:24:06 am »
You can ride through the old tunnel at night. The cut off times vary a bit, something like before 7am and after 8pm on weekdays, and before 8am on Sundays. There is no other way to cross the river with a bike at that time.

Was during the day and was quite busy in there, caused a big queue of traffic behind him as was on the way up and he was struggling  ;D

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #368 on: September 25, 2020, 07:53:47 am »

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #369 on: October 6, 2020, 04:31:00 pm »
Liverpool museums planning to cut 20% of staff (about 100 people) due to corona... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-54433141

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #370 on: October 21, 2020, 05:37:32 pm »
Great news regarding that gym . Just shows what we can do if we stick together.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #371 on: October 24, 2020, 10:05:41 am »
Can't say either way but is this warranted or do we have some bitter locals?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/popular-liverpool-bar-row-neighbours-19157303

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #372 on: October 24, 2020, 10:36:59 am »
Can't say either way but is this warranted or do we have some bitter locals?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/popular-liverpool-bar-row-neighbours-19157303

I suppose there's a lot of housing close by so that may be the cause for complaints.

I never realised it took over from Bier in 2015. I wonder where the Bison's head went to?

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #373 on: October 24, 2020, 10:55:43 am »
Did  you have to do that to me?

What a horrible fucking website.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: October 24, 2020, 01:20:55 pm »
So who had the biggest firework party even close by south Liverpool last night? It went on for about 40 minutes. It can't have been just some bloke with his Mrs.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #375 on: October 24, 2020, 10:19:48 pm »
So who had the biggest firework party even close by south Liverpool last night? It went on for about 40 minutes. It can't have been just some bloke with his Mrs.

Everton celebrations as league leaders whilst it lasts??

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #376 on: November 14, 2020, 06:26:58 pm »

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #377 on: November 14, 2020, 06:44:47 pm »
Absolute c*nts, the lot of them.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #378 on: November 14, 2020, 07:16:23 pm »
Some of the comments below that story.  :butt

Conspiracy bingo. Bill Gates, Mass steralisation, brainwashed...  ::)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: November 14, 2020, 07:25:11 pm »
I can understand businesses or those who've lost their jobs demonstrating for more financial support but this lot of weirdos need putting in the stocks.

Hopefully when this is over they won't show their ugly, loser mugs again.

Pity it didn't piss down on them earlier. A dose of 'flu may have sorted them out.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #380 on: November 14, 2020, 07:26:29 pm »
I can understand businesses or those who've lost their jobs demonstrating for more financial support but this lot of weirdos need putting in the stocks.

Pity it didn't piss down on them earlier. A dose of 'flu may have sorted them out.

Hopefully their pictures are at the entrance to the local hospitals and if they get there looking for treatment due to catching the virus they'll be told to fuck off back home.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: November 14, 2020, 07:36:00 pm »

Yes, I could definitely understand them if that was the case.

Unfortunately, it seems that the vast majority of them are conspiracy theorists spouting plandemic, covid-hoax, 5G, microchip and anti-vax nonsense.

Apparently, only they know what's going on, and the rest of us are all brainwashed.  ::)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #382 on: November 15, 2020, 12:29:56 am »
Apparently, they're a bunch of c*nts.  ::)
Edited for the sake of brevity  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: November 15, 2020, 09:47:15 am »
Yes, I could definitely understand them if that was the case.

Unfortunately, it seems that the vast majority of them are conspiracy theorists spouting plandemic, covid-hoax, 5G, microchip and anti-vax nonsense.

Apparently, only they know what's going on, and the rest of us are all brainwashed.  ::)

Chillingly the numbers in that bunch on the steps of the Metropolitan Cathedral are LESS than the total deaths reported for just yesterday.

Not that the selfish toads would have any regard for those facts.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #384 on: November 16, 2020, 03:42:50 pm »
I mean, you can understand their point of view -

the pubs are closed

and their weed guy is self isolating

wouldn't you riot

:wave
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: January 10, 2021, 08:28:54 pm »
They spent a year remodelling and resurfacing Brownlow Hill by the Cathedral and University.  Now after less than three months down they seem to be getting ready to dig it up again. :lmao

Popcorn's Art

Offline jack witham

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Frank Doran has died
« Reply #386 on: January 27, 2021, 02:24:20 pm »
I dont know if this is in the right place but Frank Doran from Bootle FC has passed away.

Frank was well known in amateur football circles all over Merseyside.

He was a successful amateur footballer and went on to manage,chairman,secretary and groundsman

at Bootle FC he was always available to help out in any capacity.

Great fella and will be sorely missed.

R.I.P. Frank and love to all his family
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: March 1, 2021, 07:43:27 pm »
Surprised nobody's mentioned this.  A fireball meteor was spotted over Liverpool (and most of England and Wales seemingly) 10pm Sunday.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fireball-meteor-spotted-skies-above-19936889

A spectacular "fireball" meteor was spotted in the night skies above Liverpool last night.

The meteor was seen lighting up the dark night just before 10pm on Sunday.

Sightings of the meteor falling from the sky were reported in London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Birmingham, Bath, Liverpool and Devon and Cornwall - reports Hull Live.

A stargazer in Liverpool said: “Did anybody else just see that meteor that flew over the sky in Liverpool I thought I was seeing things absolute madness a fireball flying across the sky.”

The UK Meteor Network, which monitors meteor sightings in Britain, said it had received hundreds of reports - with many people taking to social media to share their videos.

The UK Meteor Network says a fireball meteor is "simply a bright meteor streaking across the sky", and it records half a dozen each year.

They said in a post on Twitter: "The reports are flooding in, 120 so far and counting. From the two videos we saw it was a slow moving meteor with clearly visible fragmentation."

One eyewitness in Birmingham described it as a "massive fireball", with others saying they heard a "sizzling sound" as it moved through the sky.

Another Twitter user said: "I honestly couldn’t believe my eyes! Most incredible thing I've ever seen it was like a firework. I’m so excited!!!"

And an excited sky watcher said: “OK I might be going mad but I swear I just saw like... the brightest shooting star/meteor? Looked like a firework but was coming down from the sky?!?! Anyone else in London/Essex see something? Freaked me out.”

Popcorn's Art

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #388 on: March 1, 2021, 08:16:00 pm »
Surprised nobody's mentioned this.  A fireball meteor was spotted over Liverpool (and most of England and Wales seemingly) 10pm Sunday.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fireball-meteor-spotted-skies-above-19936889

World leaders secretly breathe a sigh of relief as Armageddon is avoided ;D

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #389 on: March 1, 2021, 08:22:57 pm »
I wish I was a spaceman, the fastest man alive...........
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: March 1, 2021, 08:37:33 pm »
World leaders secretly breathe a sigh of relief as Armageddon is avoided ;D

shit film
Jurgen YNWA

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: March 1, 2021, 09:26:01 pm »
I wish I was a spaceman, the fastest man alive...........
Ah, now I know why your car number plate is XL5 and when you text me it say's message from XL5.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: March 2, 2021, 12:36:59 am »

A friend of ours was in Southport and saw it come down.

I'm annoyed we missed it because we have a great view of the night sky here and quite often see meteors. I saw this one on TV news and saw Orion's belt behind it. As I'm sat on the couch a wall between two windows just happened to block out where Orion is in the sky, hence why I missed it.  ::)

We've seen some beauties over the years, just sat watching telly with the lights out. One last year seemed to burn green as it shot across the sky.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: March 2, 2021, 07:22:17 am »
A friend of ours was in Southport and saw it come down.

I'm annoyed we missed it because we have a great view of the night sky here and quite often see meteors. I saw this one on TV news and saw Orion's belt behind it. As I'm sat on the couch a wall between two windows just happened to block out where Orion is in the sky, hence why I missed it.  ::)

We've seen some beauties over the years, just sat watching telly with the lights out. One last year seemed to burn green as it shot across the sky.

Lucky sod. I've never seen as much as a shooting star! :(

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: March 2, 2021, 01:11:22 pm »
Lucky sod. I've never seen as much as a shooting star! :(
Really? I've seen hundreds of those. Mind you, I do take time to look at the night sky, especially when somewhere really dark.

I remember one night years ago, I went with my now ex and some mates to Burbo Bank sand dunes armed with a tent, food and lots of alcohol. We built a driftwood fire and sat around it, often just watching the clear night sky. We saw a number of shooting stars and the usual numerous satellites. Same on holiday. Mrs. Spion and I take some food and drink to the beach at night, light a few candles, then chat, drink and watch the skies. It's amazing what you get to see at times.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: March 2, 2021, 05:31:21 pm »
Really? I've seen hundreds of those. Mind you, I do take time to look at the night sky, especially when somewhere really dark.

I remember one night years ago, I went with my now ex and some mates to Burbo Bank sand dunes armed with a tent, food and lots of alcohol. We built a driftwood fire and sat around it, often just watching the clear night sky. We saw a number of shooting stars and the usual numerous satellites. Same on holiday. Mrs. Spion and I take some food and drink to the beach at night, light a few candles, then chat, drink and watch the skies. It's amazing what you get to see at times.

Like couples in the dunes ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: March 2, 2021, 05:33:00 pm »

I've never been out late enough in skies dark enough to be honest.  I've only ever seen the Milky Way a couple of times, and that was in Wales during Uni way back in 1996.  I'd hoped to see it when I went camping in the US back in 2016, but the sodding moon was waxing. :butt

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: March 2, 2021, 05:37:54 pm »
Like couples in the dunes ;)
Especially in Sardinia.  :-*

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: March 2, 2021, 05:51:16 pm »
I've never been out late enough in skies dark enough to be honest.  I've only ever seen the Milky Way a couple of times, and that was in Wales during Uni way back in 1996.  I'd hoped to see it when I went camping in the US back in 2016, but the sodding moon was waxing. :butt

I've seen plenty of shooting stars just sat in the back garden, also seen the ISS on a few occasions - could never spot the Elon Musk satellites for some reason though
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: March 3, 2021, 12:05:45 am »
I've seen plenty of shooting stars just sat in the back garden, also seen the ISS on a few occasions - could never spot the Elon Musk satellites for some reason though
I've spotted the space station a number of times too. The first time it threw me as I knew it was too big and bright to be a satellite and too high an altitude to be a plane. No navigation lights either. Only on further investigation did I find it was the ISS. I never saw the Musk satellites either, despite checking out the timings for their passing and despite looking very hard. Like you, I've also spotted plenty of shooting stars over the years from the back garden.

They reckon some of the meteor the other night will have reached the ground, so no doubt people will be hunting for fragments as I believe they are worth a fair bit of money to collectors.