Author Topic: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico  (Read 578412 times)

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico
« Reply #3120 on: April 14, 2021, 10:50:39 pm »
Bet everyone was livid he was starting ahead of Thiago.

Proper performance from him.

These are the games Milner lives for. He set the tone taking out one of their players. The only snide player we have. You need a few nice c*nts in your squad.

Technically he isn't as sharp as others, but he's always demanding to get on the ball and moving into spaces to receive the ball or occupying one of thier defenders. Only midfielder we have, who is willing to run forward not expecting the ball but opening spaces for others.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3121 on: April 14, 2021, 11:21:20 pm »
Was fucking brilliant, as he was against Villa too. I don't think it's unfair or much of a a stretch to say that if Milner in this form had started instead of Keita last week, we'd be in the semi final now.

And despite what some have said (even while praising him), his technical ability is absolutely superb. His football brain is second to none, but people acting like he's only clever and snide are doing him a disservice. Legend of a player and legend of a fella.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #3122 on: April 14, 2021, 11:24:51 pm »
Was fucking brilliant, as he was against Villa too. I don't think it's unfair or much of a a stretch to say that if Milner in this form had started instead of Keita last week, we'd be in the semi final now.

And despite what some have said (even while praising him), his technical ability is absolutely superb. His football brain is second to none, but people acting like he's only clever and snide are doing him a disservice. Legend of a player and legend of a fella.

This

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3123 on: April 15, 2021, 02:36:18 am »
Oh lord, here we go again.

It is unfair and it is a stretch. It takes a team to win; unless you have Maradonna playing one player is not necessarily going to make the difference if the others aren't on it. And the others weren't on it in the first leg.

This is just like those claims that if Jota hadn't been injured we'd be second or first or whatever. Despite his having many games where he hasn't scored or done anything much. Unprovables being touted as fact.

Still, Milner was brilliant. Still has a lot to give.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3124 on: April 15, 2021, 06:23:46 am »
Oh lord, here we go again.

It is unfair and it is a stretch. It takes a team to win; unless you have Maradonna playing one player is not necessarily going to make the difference if the others aren't on it. And the others weren't on it in the first leg.

This is just like those claims that if Jota hadn't been injured we'd be second or first or whatever. Despite his having many games where he hasn't scored or done anything much. Unprovables being touted as fact.

Still, Milner was brilliant. Still has a lot to give.

Nah. Of course football is a team game, but not having it that someone with the authority and influence Milner has in the dressing room playing as he did last night wouldn't have made a big difference in the first game. If the others see the example of the 34 year old charging around like a madman to close down Real's midfield, they aren't going to stand there ball-watching. You may not like me using Milner's performance as a stick to beat Keita with, but I believe it's the truth.

And yeah, while we're at it, if Jota hadn't been injured for 3 months, we may not be 1st or 2nd, but we sure as fuck wouldn't be pissing about in 5th or 6th.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3125 on: April 15, 2021, 10:24:01 am »
Class last night against Real and hated seeing him come off. Says it all really.

He sets an example and keeps the standards high. Hope he can keep going for another couple seasons. From seeing him supporting the youngsters during cup games and constantly being referred to as a standard setter, I do wonder if he’s being groomed for a role on the staff?

I’m probably just reading too much into things ...
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3126 on: April 15, 2021, 10:28:10 am »
Fantastic performance as usual from Milner. Personally he would have been the last player I would have taken off but I was sure he was the one being taken off as soon as Thiago was preparing to get on. Not surprising that we suffered once he was off. Everyone is talking about finding a replacement for Gini but for me finding a replacement for this fella is going to be much harder. Hard times ahead.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3127 on: April 15, 2021, 10:31:23 am »
Such an underrated player. He's 35 years young. Think he'll be hard to replace.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #3128 on: April 15, 2021, 12:18:27 pm »
Such an underrated player. He's 35 years young. Think he'll be hard to replace.

That's not an issue for another 10 years though.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3129 on: April 15, 2021, 12:21:01 pm »
That's not an issue for another 10 years though.

Thats a bit optimistic. Cant see him playing at a high enough level much past 43. 44 tops.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3130 on: April 15, 2021, 03:53:22 pm »
Nah. Of course football is a team game, but not having it that someone with the authority and influence Milner has in the dressing room playing as he did last night wouldn't have made a big difference in the first game. If the others see the example of the 34 year old charging around like a madman to close down Real's midfield, they aren't going to stand there ball-watching.
'Made a big difference' is not the same as being 'in the semi-final now'. It's quite remarkable if you can't tell the difference.

You may not like me using Milner's performance as a stick to beat Keita with, but I believe it's the truth.
It's quite astonshing the pride with which you admit to using one of our players as a stick to beat another of our players with. The degredation continues.

And yeah, while we're at it, if Jota hadn't been injured for 3 months, we may not be 1st or 2nd, but we sure as fuck wouldn't be pissing about in 5th or 6th.
There's no 'sure as fuck' about it. He could have played every game and we could still be exactly where we are - or we could be doing better, or we could be doing worse. You're relying entirely on the non-functionality of time travel and the non-viability of replaying past games with different players, in order to make your vainglorious statements.

I find it peculiar
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 12:20:31 am by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3131 on: April 15, 2021, 03:56:55 pm »
Class last night against Real and hated seeing him come off. Says it all really.

He sets an example and keeps the standards high. Hope he can keep going for another couple seasons. From seeing him supporting the youngsters during cup games and constantly being referred to as a standard setter, I do wonder if he’s being groomed for a role on the staff?

I’m probably just reading too much into things ...
Hopefully. He seems like the kind of player who will make the transition with aplomb, though one can never be totally sure. And as a reminder, he has played more for Liverpool now than any of his previous clubs, so while Leeds no doubt hold a big place in his affections, statistically speaking history should remember him as a Liverpool player first and foremost.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3132 on: April 15, 2021, 09:36:02 pm »
Love the bloke. Even when he was clattered, he got up and got on with the job. No reaction just totally professional even if he could have and should have twotted shitehawk Casemiro.  More than Mr. Reliable, the guy's a diamond. If anyone deserves a song and flag it's this fella. Would love to think he's be brought into the backroom staff.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #3133 on: April 15, 2021, 09:38:04 pm »
Still a quality player with a brilliant attitude.

He could be a top class manager one day if he wants it. Commands respect, passionate and intelligent. Still got a year or two left, but a move to the back room staff in a couple of seasons could make him a long term prospect for us (and Jurgen seems to love him)

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3134 on: April 15, 2021, 09:39:10 pm »
Top performance, still incredibly consistent for a player who’s been in the league for nearly 20 years.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #3135 on: April 15, 2021, 09:55:54 pm »
Yeah, good performance from Jimmy and, but for a really decent save from Courtois, unlucky not to score.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3136 on: April 20, 2021, 12:10:10 am »
Thank you Milner

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #3137 on: April 20, 2021, 01:46:04 am »
Great player and great man
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3138 on: April 20, 2021, 02:42:23 am »
A club legend. Good for him for speaking out.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3139 on: April 20, 2021, 12:35:14 pm »
Proper leader. Was always going to be him or Hendo who said it like it is. Lucky to have him in our shirt (while it still means something).

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3140 on: April 21, 2021, 04:34:51 pm »
The look of disgust Milner gave during that interview when asked about the Super league..complete respect for James Milner, didn't swerve it at all & was amazing to see the players come out & back those words too.
Well in lad.

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #3141 on: April 21, 2021, 05:09:45 pm »
The look of disgust Milner gave during that interview when asked about the Super league..complete respect for James Milner, didn't swerve it at all & was amazing to see the players come out & back those words too.
Well in lad.

y'see this is what makes this player into a legend

is he the greatest player we've ever had? well

does he go to bed in lfc pyjamas under an lfc duvet cover with his lfc teddy bear by his side with his lfc nightlight keeping him safe? of course he fucking does

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3142 on: April 21, 2021, 06:49:04 pm »
Our James is the best James.
Great leader and a great role model.

Online stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3143 on: May 24, 2021, 11:28:45 am »
250 appearances for the reds. Mad to think that he was signed on a free at what was supposed to be the twilight of his career and he's ended up playing more games for us than anyone else and playing for us the longest (and winning the two big ones).

What a servant.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #3144 on: May 24, 2021, 11:30:32 am »
Into the last year of his contract next season isn’t he? Probably his last season for us if that’s the case. Important we replace Gini adequately, as we’ll be losing a lot of experience in midfield within the next 12 months.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3145 on: May 24, 2021, 11:33:37 am »
^ yes on and off the pitch he's been immense

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #3146 on: May 24, 2021, 12:26:31 pm »
How long do we think he can realistically keep going? He keeps himself in such basically perfect physical shape that I see no reason he can't potentially earn another small extension. If not for us though, I see him continuing his career for the next few years at least!

Seems to be such a massive influence off the pitch too that I'd love us to keep him on in some form of coaching capacity if he's up for it, like I say though I imagine he will want to keep playing for a while yet first.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3147 on: May 24, 2021, 12:28:43 pm »
Can see him ending up back at Leeds before he retires, although the end of his career looks a while off yet. My guess is he'll move there on a free at the end of next season unless Klopp decides we can afford to lose him this summer.

Losing him and Wijnaldum in the same window however would be a blow on and off the pitch and I couldn't see that happening without us reinvesting to replace them. Bit of a headache for Klopp.

Offline spinaltapped

• Flesh tuxedo?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Rico Suavez
« Reply #3148 on: May 24, 2021, 07:42:31 pm »
Maybe my favorite non-Scouse player I've seen in the shirt. Just a consummate professional throughout his entire career, quiet leadership, never moans, always gives it his all, incredibly funny in an endearing way. I wish with all my heart we have swayed his heart from Leads because he would be a perfect coach (maybe not manager) to have around. Frankly, up there for most underrated players in the PL history as well.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #3149 on: May 24, 2021, 10:54:56 pm »
I think next season might be his last with us sadly. I actually think that we'll miss him more off the pitch than on it, and he's been a massive influence on the younger players.

The Boss has a few difficult decisions to make over the next few windows. The creation of Klopp's second great team is probably under way.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3150 on: June 25, 2021, 10:25:02 am »
James Milner
@JamesMilner
Pre season number 20 #grinding #wishwecouldskipthisbit

https://twitter.com/JamesMilner/status/1408095081400254470

Some of the comments are gold.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3151 on: June 25, 2021, 10:45:03 am »
https://twitter.com/JamesMilner/status/1408095081400254470

Some of the comments are gold.

Pre season doesn't even start till next month yet here he is smashing those times.

No wonder no fucker can match him when they all arrive back 😂

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3152 on: July 19, 2021, 05:01:07 pm »
Look's like it will be the final season with us.

James Milner is set to leave next summer.

[@LivEchoLFC- @dmlynch]

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3153 on: July 19, 2021, 05:22:29 pm »
Hopefully leaves to immediately return in some sort of coaching capacity (well, work towards his badges with us anyway) but wouldn’t begrudge him a finale at Leeds
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3154 on: July 19, 2021, 05:59:09 pm »
I hope he gets a season or two under Bielsa at Leeds for his 'full circle' moment (plus Bielsa-ball is great!), then comes back and coaches with us. Feel he'd be a pretty solid shout as a pundit too.

Stalling over Henderson in the meantime seems another misfire, as with Gini. All three of these players are able to do a job anywhere on the pitch - I don't see any of our other midfield options really being able to do that.
YNWA.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3155 on: August 15, 2021, 06:27:29 pm »
Great yesterday when he slapped Tsimikas  ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3156 on: August 15, 2021, 06:44:59 pm »
I hope he gets a season or two under Bielsa at Leeds for his 'full circle' moment (plus Bielsa-ball is great!), then comes back and coaches with us. Feel he'd be a pretty solid shout as a pundit too.

Stalling over Henderson in the meantime seems another misfire, as with Gini. All three of these players are able to do a job anywhere on the pitch - I don't see any of our other midfield options really being able to do that.

When you offer someone a deal and they dont want to sign it, thats hardly stalling.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3157 on: August 15, 2021, 07:33:30 pm »
Great yesterday when he slapped Tsimikas  ;D

I missed this. Need a gif.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter