Author Topic: Do Or Die Time?  (Read 7255 times)

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
Do Or Die Time?
« on: January 15, 2008, 06:50:28 pm »
And I'm not talking about tonight.

I'm talking about full stop. The option to fuck football - the sport that has taken up so much of my time and money that I often don't even have - to fuck it off completely. It would be easy to quote the famous of all the Shankly quotes at a time like this. So easy, it's not worth me typing it out. But these American owners have come here pretending to know the values of this club. But it's not something you can see from abroad. It's not something you can get into. It's a way of life. You earn a living, you eat food, you drink drink and you support Liverpool Football Club.

We knew we had to move on amd the irony is we knew we had to move on to something that is so anti-everything most of us grew to love about the sport. Artsy-fartsy and prancy bullshit or not, it was the working-classes haven from reality. A glimmer of hope, a bit of joy. A fucking great way to end a shit week, to spend a couple of hours with the lads and support players that represented your area. You had a loyalty to your city. To your area. When Liverpool beat Manchester United or City, Newcastle or Birmingham, we were getting one over on that city. Now what have we become? Billionaires playthings, following overpaid primadonnas who show no loyalty so why the fuck should you?

Gillett and Hicks appear to be the extreme of what is wrong with modern-day footballing owners. Clearly only in it for the money, looking at every avenue in order to bleed everybody in sight dry. All week, the argument against putting our foot down and making a stand is "you don't want to piss them off". Fuck it. Are we gonna let these c*nts ruin the finest fucking football club in the land while we sit on our hands?

The shit has hit the fan. Time to show these Yank twats that they've picked the wrong fight.

Offline Andy2006

• Legacy Fan
  • Telephone!
Re: Do Or Die Time?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 06:52:07 pm »
I'm with you Garstonite fuck them pricks lets show them what there messing with!

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 06:55:26 pm »
Yeah, fuck em. If it means staying away from matches and not buying stuff im all for it. Hit em where it hurts. Im skint anyway.
Football is a lie

Offline Crazyhorse7778

• Legacy Fan
  • VICTORY!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 06:58:20 pm »
great post
anyone know what actually happened to ribery's face?
Just a routine tackle by Skrtel

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 06:58:23 pm »
Havent read much better a post since Ive used the internet

Fucking well said
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline jimmy d

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 06:59:30 pm »
todays game is fucking shite

i feel sorry for the younger lads

they will never know what it was really all about

"In the Champions League, Liverpool can beat any team. And we are going to go far in the Champions League again." - Pepe

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 07:02:04 pm »
We should have that post delivered to our c*nt owners doorsteps. Says it all.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 07:02:30 pm »
That's money mate.

Wherever there is money, you will be sure to find power.  A combination of these two corrupts men.

Turn to religion.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 07:04:26 pm »
Fuckin well said! Rafa needs to stick that up in the dressin room!

Well said Garstonite!

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 07:04:30 pm »
LFC is my religion. ;)

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 07:06:12 pm »

Offline tezmac

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 07:06:38 pm »
Great post footballs full of cancer these days. It is do or die time, time for some radical surgery
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 07:07:09 pm »
Exactly. We have to fight back and show them they cant mess with Liverpool football club.

Great post!

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 07:08:57 pm »
Clearly only in it for the money

The shit has hit the fan.

Time to show these Yank twats that they've picked the wrong fight.

The only way these fuckers will listen is through their pockets.

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 07:09:54 pm »
 :wellin :scarf :wellin :scarf :wellin :scarf :wellin
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 07:10:10 pm »
The only way these fuckers will listen is through their pockets.

What if I punch them in the face and kick 'em in the nuts?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 07:11:06 pm »
An absolute impossible task. Its an era like being relegated (ala Leeds & Man City). The club stays in your heart longer than individuals populate the board room.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 07:12:38 pm »
What if I punch them in the face and kick 'em in the nuts?

Lead us to them lad,i'll bring my cheese grater.

oops  :-X

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 07:13:09 pm »

Fuck the game off and they'll just fill your seat with another daytripper from down south or from Asia or Scandinavia. Won't make any difference to them at all. In fact they'll be made up. That's the Glazer model. Hicks and Gillet want to see the uppity scousers out of the stadium altogether.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 07:13:52 pm »
They have no commodity (what a shitty word) without the real supporters of the club.

They need to learn that if they fuck with us, they are biting off more than they can chew. I can't buy into the idea that we should forgive and forget them, this is already part of a catalouge of errors that will only get bigger.

Well said Garsonite - I think the phone in yesterday and the papers today will give the twats an inkling that all isn't right in their money garden.
JFT97

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 07:15:46 pm »
They have no commodity (what a shitty word) without the real supporters of the club.

They need to learn that if they fuck with us, they are biting off more than they can chew. I can't buy into the idea that we should forgive and forget them, this is already part of a catalouge of errors that will only get bigger.

Well said Garsonite - I think the phone in yesterday and the papers today will give the twats an inkling that all isn't right in their money garden.

That's if nob head armchair supporters from across Liverpool don't hog the lines with their uninformed bullshit.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 07:16:38 pm »
Lets show them yankee fucks!

If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 07:17:01 pm »
Well in, I think we HAVE to make a stand, fuck it, we cannot allow them to dictate everything without a fight, or least questioned
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2008, 07:18:14 pm »
Im gettin pissed off myself. Too much money. Those SKY bastards have ruined our game.

Clubs now look at turnover more than trophies- do you think Arsenal are bothered that they hadnt won anything of note since 2004? No, becasue they are making shit loads of money because of the corpoarte hacks.

The people like Hicks, Gillet and all other chairman don't care about atmosphere, local boys going the game, keeping ticket prices down. They don't want the lad from Breck Road going the chippy before the game, then the boozer, then the game and out back to the pub.

They want the fans who go the museum, go the club shop, buy a top with the all the logos and and a name on the back, a keyring for Uncle Jimmy, then buy a pie and a coffee before the game and another pie at half time.

It's lost its soul. It's a fashion. A fad. No loyalty, support the best. No patience. Nothing.

Our game is dead.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Alf Garnett!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2008, 07:20:11 pm »
Banners lads Banners, & lots of them.

Offline ManicRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • JFT 96
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2008, 07:20:49 pm »
 Great post mate. Well said.... :scarf

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2008, 07:20:54 pm »
That's if nob head armchair supporters from across Liverpool don't hog the lines with their uninformed bullshit.

I think Jo and Durango did a good job yesterday on the Liverpool FC TV channel one. I didn't see it, but from what I've heard on here some people didn't hold back.

I'm more worried about the supporters at Anfield. I've seen a change in supporters, particularly after the manc game this year where a lot were coming out of the ground laughing and joking. Those would be the same that will get to the match a minute before kick-off, won't sing a word during the game, will leave to get to the queue for hotdogs early, will also try beat the traffic home and probably aren't aware/bothered about what's happening off the pitch. If that's what G&H use as their representative sample of supporters we haven't got a prayer.
JFT97

Offline hansen6

• RAWK Scientific Officer, 1687-1905
  • Legacy Fan
  • Must post more
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2008, 07:25:15 pm »
Fuck the game off and they'll just fill your seat with another daytripper from down south or from Asia or Scandinavia. Won't make any difference to them at all.
Don't bet on it.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2008, 07:25:24 pm »
I think Jo and Durango did a good job yesterday on the Liverpool FC TV channel one. I didn't see it, but from what I've heard on here some people didn't hold back.

Joanne ? did give a good account & well said too if you are referring to the 1st caller.

I thought Johno & the other fella (cant remember) were pretty much defensive of the yanks...sadly.

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2008, 07:29:21 pm »
Joanne ? did give a good account & well said too if you are referring to the 1st caller.

I thought Johno & the other fella (cant remember) were pretty much defensive of the yanks...sadly.

Yeah, Joanne, she posts on here as JFT96-ONEDAY.

I'm hoping that because it was on the official channel and not on something like City;

a) Parry will have heard it and will feedback to his overlords

and/or

b) They heard it for themselves
JFT97

Offline Juliman

• Kopite
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2008, 07:33:43 pm »
Well in Garstonite.

This whole thing is a good example of how money can't buy success.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2008, 07:35:00 pm »
Banners lads Banners, & lots of them.

very well said.  this thread was shaping up like a meeting of the people's popular front of judea.  ::)

banners, chants for rafa, humiliation for g&h every time they show their faces. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline merseypride

• Has given up luncheon meat. Believes himself to be the reincarnation of Nostradamus
  • Kopite
  • Liverpool Football Club.....The Only way is UP!
    • Exclusive Contests
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2008, 07:38:41 pm »
But honestly guys, do you think that the fans can buy back the club?  I will be interested to buy a share for aroung 500 quid!  Will it be a good idea to try to buy LFC back?  And making King Kenny our Chairman??

I know its easier said than done, but we should give it a try!!
Liverpool FC .... Things can only get Better!!

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2008, 07:38:59 pm »
Fuck the game off and they'll just fill your seat with another daytripper from down south

What about a day tripper from up north?

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2008, 07:40:20 pm »
But honestly guys, do you think that the fans can buy back the club?  I will be interested to buy a share for aroung 500 quid!  Will it be a good idea to try to buy LFC back?  And making King Kenny our Chairman??

I know its easier said than done, but we should give it a try!!

Not an option really. The club needs constant investment. DannyD had some figures earlier in another thread showing how we would need X amount of money to buy the club, then X amount for the stadium and then money for new players.
JFT97

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2008, 07:46:43 pm »
''I have been the the mountain top''

I remember when United fans said the same thing. Talking about boycotts and refusing to part with their money.
2 years later, they are busy filling their 74000+ stadium every game and watching their team buy big name after big name.

At the end of the day...there is nothing really anyone can do. They own the club, the will hire and fire as they please and we'll just have to deal with it.

Offline merseypride

• Has given up luncheon meat. Believes himself to be the reincarnation of Nostradamus
  • Kopite
    • Exclusive Contests
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2008, 07:48:07 pm »
Not an option really. The club needs constant investment. DannyD had some figures earlier in another thread showing how we would need X amount of money to buy the club, then X amount for the stadium and then money for new players.

What about the idea of fans buying the club, and then we can sell 49% of the shares to a rich LFC Businessman, but the fans will still be the majority stake holders?

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2008, 07:49:01 pm »
What about the idea of fans buying the club, and then we can sell 49% of the shares to a rich LFC Businessman, but the fans will still be the majority stake holders?

I'll contribute the amount it costs to have mug tattooed to said rich LFC businessmen's forehead. :P

Offline merseypride

• Kopite
    • Exclusive Contests
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2008, 07:49:50 pm »
''I have been the the mountain top''

I remember when United fans said the same thing. Talking about boycotts and refusing to part with their money.
2 years later, they are busy filling their 74000+ stadium every game and watching their team buy big name after big name.

At the end of the day...there is nothing really anyone can do. They own the club, the will hire and fire as they please and we'll just have to deal with it.

I wont sit here and accept whatever the yanks decide to do.....If something is wrong, I will try to make my voice heard like all other genuine LFC FANS!!

Offline merseypride

• Kopite
    • Exclusive Contests
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2008, 07:50:36 pm »
I'll contribute the amount it costs to have mug tattooed to said rich LFC businessmen's forehead. :P

hehe