Author Topic: Rhian Brewster  (Read 332035 times)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Re: Rhian Brewster, set to stay
« Reply #840 on: July 22, 2019, 03:22:28 pm »
Yeah but is he fast?
He may not be fast but
he can certainly shift through the gears.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #841 on: July 22, 2019, 03:26:40 pm »
He may not be quick but he is rapid.

And he has pace.
pace?

But that means that none of his goals will count

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #842 on: July 22, 2019, 03:27:20 pm »
Definitely looks speedy if anything
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: July 22, 2019, 04:10:54 pm »
He's got an edge to him too. Very comfortable giving something back to a defender who has tried to rough him up.

Offline great power rising

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #844 on: July 22, 2019, 08:58:45 pm »
whats his rating on FIFA lads? That's all that matters

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #845 on: July 23, 2019, 06:46:27 pm »
Jadon Sancho on Rhian Brewster:

He is a great player. I feel like he is at the right club, he is developing and he is still so young. He is developing and that is the main thing. Just give him the time and patience and you will see.

I played with him a lot for England and he scored a lot of goals for us and I have assisted him. It’s a good thing for us to have someone like him.

The Reds may not have won against their German counterparts, but Brewster again found the back of the net, this time from the penalty spot. Sancho claimed that it was a sight he had seen all too often before. He said:

I knew the penalty was going in as soon as he put the ball in his hands. I’ve seen him do it all the time, top corner. I just knew what was coming. He spends time after training, practising and practising his technique.

Following a serious injury that kept him out for the majority of last season, the 19-year-old looks set to make up for lost time with the impact he has already made so far, and could feature in the first team next term.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #846 on: July 29, 2019, 03:44:21 pm »
Interesting to hear Klopp say that he’s struggled with the intensity of preseason and that’s affected his appearance recently.  He’s only played 30 minutes of the last few games.

Worth remembering that this is his first preseason as a professional and it’s a big step up.

Let’s hope that when he gets the chance to freshen up before the season starts that he gets game time with fresh legs and a proper preseasons fitness under his belt.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 03:45:57 pm by Tepid T₂O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: July 29, 2019, 03:47:11 pm »
Interesting to hear Klopp say that he’s struggled with the intensity of preseason and that’s affected his appearance recently.  He’s only played 30 minutes of the last few games.

Worth remembering that this is his first preseason as a professional and it’s a big step up.

Let’s hope that when he gets the chance to freshen up before the season starts that he gets game time with fresh legs and a proper preseasons fitness under his belt.

Not just that, he's rehabbing serious injuries. Exactly the same considerations as AOC are required really.

Offline devlin_adl

• Main Stander
« Reply #848 on: August 2, 2019, 04:30:20 pm »
Can anyone post Brewster’s interview with Bascombe in the Telegraph?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #849 on: August 2, 2019, 04:39:51 pm »
Can anyone post Brewster’s interview with Bascombe in the Telegraph?
That ain't gonna happen here
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #850 on: August 2, 2019, 06:03:30 pm »
Jadon Sancho on Rhian Brewster:

He is a great player. I feel like he is at the right club, he is developing and he is still so young. He is developing and that is the main thing. Just give him the time and patience and you will see.

I played with him a lot for England and he scored a lot of goals for us and I have assisted him. It’s a good thing for us to have someone like him.

The Reds may not have won against their German counterparts, but Brewster again found the back of the net, this time from the penalty spot. Sancho claimed that it was a sight he had seen all too often before. He said:

I knew the penalty was going in as soon as he put the ball in his hands. I’ve seen him do it all the time, top corner. I just knew what was coming. He spends time after training, practising and practising his technique.

Following a serious injury that kept him out for the majority of last season, the 19-year-old looks set to make up for lost time with the impact he has already made so far, and could feature in the first team next term.

Jadon can feel welcome to join his mate  ;)

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: August 3, 2019, 01:12:03 am »
Think he'll start in the community shield?
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #852 on: August 3, 2019, 10:39:20 am »
The only games in pre season he managed to start were vs League 1 and League 2 opposition so no. He hasn't started a game since. When the level of opposition stepped up he didn't start and that was without Salah, Firmino and soon to be back Mane around.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: August 3, 2019, 07:48:16 pm »
No
He’s been feeling the effects of preseason.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #854 on: August 3, 2019, 07:49:47 pm »
No
He’s been feeling the effects of preseason.

Who’s in the starting XI?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: August 3, 2019, 08:15:57 pm »
I don’t pick it, you’re asking the wrong person
W

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #856 on: August 3, 2019, 08:24:07 pm »

Wouldn't be that surprising if Brewster doesn't even make the bench. Staring 11 could be Alisson, Trent, Matip, Van Dijk  Robbo, Fabinho, Henderson, Milner, Ox, Gini and Origi. With the bench being Firmino, Salah, Shaqiri, Keita, Gomez, Lovren and Mignolet.

We don't need to worry if Brewster isn't getting game time in the first few weeks. It will come.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #857 on: August 6, 2019, 04:17:20 am »
I hope he does actually get on the bench in the first stretch.

Until away at Chelsea (and even then...) in late September, we've got a run of games we really should be winning if we're going to win the league.

If we can get ahead by a couple of goals in any of those games, it would be nice to bring him on to both give the starters a little more rest at the start of the season and to give him a chance to show what we can do with the front line attackers in competitive games.

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #858 on: August 6, 2019, 09:32:09 am »
Unless there are injuries, he might have to wait until we enter the League Cup week commencing 23 September until he gets any minutes. Of course if he's tearing it up in training then he might push himself ahead of the likes of Origi and Shaq but when you're chasing a League title and have your eyes on retaining the Champions League there isn't much scope to "give a player minutes".

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #859 on: August 9, 2019, 05:05:40 am »
Unless there are injuries, he might have to wait until we enter the League Cup week commencing 23 September until he gets any minutes. Of course if he's tearing it up in training then he might push himself ahead of the likes of Origi and Shaq but when you're chasing a League title and have your eyes on retaining the Champions League there isn't much scope to "give a player minutes".

I mean, it really depends how highly we rate him?

We didn't buy a new attacker, and I assume one of the reasons for that is we think Brewster is the dog's bollocks and want to give him the chance to break into the first team.

He certainly looked very good in pre-season.

As much as I rate Shaqiri as depth and Origi as an impact sub, I don't think they're both so good that Brewster couldn't supplant one of them at a time to get some minutes off the bench.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #860 on: August 9, 2019, 06:17:48 am »
there isn't much scope to "give a player minutes".

Probably 80th minute when we are leading by 2 goals?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #861 on: August 9, 2019, 08:17:42 am »
Exactly, there'll be plenty of opportunities for him with half hour to go in games when we're few goals up (which will happen quite a lot) to come on as a sub and get few easy goals when the pressure is not very high. Practically an ideal situation that allows us to ease him in gradually in the first few months and build up his confidence.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #862 on: August 9, 2019, 08:21:38 am »

One of the things City did better than us last year (or appeared to do, dunno if anyone has the stats for this) is get their 2nd and 3rd goals quickly in games, allowing them to coast a bit more. Games like Cardiff, Brighton and Burnley at home for example took longer to put to bed.

Maybe this year we can manage the minutes and intensity even better by really scoring 2 or 3 goals quickly and thus giving more opportunities for Brewster.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: August 9, 2019, 08:56:35 am »

If everyone is fit, does Klopp put him on the bench ahead of Origi, Shaq and all the midfielders we have? I'd think he'd need one or two injuries to get on the bench in the early stages of the season. I mean, Mane and Milner were not available for the Community Shield and we had a pretty strong 18 without Brewster. He may have to bide his time which isn't really a problem in my eyes. He's only 19 and it's his first injury free period training with the first team so there is no reason his level can't improve quickly over the coming months with him pushing ahead of others. But he'll have to earn it rather than be given minutes.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: August 9, 2019, 09:01:45 am »
One of the things City did better than us last year (or appeared to do, dunno if anyone has the stats for this) is get their 2nd and 3rd goals quickly in games, allowing them to coast a bit more. Games like Cardiff, Brighton and Burnley at home for example took longer to put to bed.

Maybe this year we can manage the minutes and intensity even better by really scoring 2 or 3 goals quickly and thus giving more opportunities for Brewster.

Definitely. It could be a good recipe for fitness management. But it might also be a recipe for complacency. But I hope he gets his chances soon.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #865 on: August 9, 2019, 09:54:21 am »
our front 3 is basically set in stone.

and Origi is back up. that put brewster 5th choice forward for now is my guess.

Unless he create a big enough impact in terms of game play and goals, i don't think he will displace Origi as fourth choice.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #866 on: August 9, 2019, 10:20:43 am »
If everyone is fit, does Klopp put him on the bench ahead of Origi, Shaq and all the midfielders we have? I'd think he'd need one or two injuries to get on the bench in the early stages of the season. I mean, Mane and Milner were not available for the Community Shield and we had a pretty strong 18 without Brewster. He may have to bide his time which isn't really a problem in my eyes. He's only 19 and it's his first injury free period training with the first team so there is no reason his level can't improve quickly over the coming months with him pushing ahead of others. But he'll have to earn it rather than be given minutes.

He's got time on his side and I expect him to start his first game in the League Cup. As the season goes, he will get chances if he's injury free. Right now I think he's 6th pick for the front three.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #867 on: August 9, 2019, 11:23:12 am »
Would love to see him on the bench tonight, Norwich should be one of the teams where he can get on late

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: August 9, 2019, 11:39:44 am »
Would love to see him on the bench tonight, Norwich should be one of the teams where he can get on late

Will be great for him if he makes the bench, but a huge challenge to get on at this stage of the squad's preseason.

Got to imagine a handful of Shaqiri, Keita, Milner, Chamberlain and Origi will be more likely to get on (if they aren't starting) if things are going to plan.

The first two for the sake of continuing their injury interrupted preseason. And for Origi to get an ovation (if not playing a little longer, sharing minutes with Mane).

Be great if he does get a little run out though, and would bode well for his chances of playing some football in Turkey

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #869 on: August 9, 2019, 11:48:42 am »
If we didnt see him in the Community Shield I'd be surprised to see him tonight.

Thought he might be quite involved in these early games as the front 3 got up to speed but might be the case that we dont see much of him, it any, until the League Cup.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #870 on: August 9, 2019, 12:04:43 pm »

Unless he create a big enough impact in terms of game play and goals, i don't think he will displace Origi as fourth choice.

Shaqiri?

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #871 on: August 9, 2019, 12:23:20 pm »
He may not be fast but
he can certainly shift through the gears.

But, is he rapid?

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #872 on: August 9, 2019, 01:23:06 pm »

Agree that he won't displace Origi as fourth choice at the minute.  They are different players though and if Brewster can get back to his promising form that he had before his injury, then I do believe that we will see more and more of him this season if he's given a chance.  I think Brewster is more likely to bang in the goals than Origi as he's more of an out and out striker. Origi has the pace and will cause problems with his strength and speed. 

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #873 on: August 9, 2019, 03:53:33 pm »
If we didnt see him in the Community Shield I'd be surprised to see him tonight.

Thought he might be quite involved in these early games as the front 3 got up to speed but might be the case that we dont see much of him, it any, until the League Cup.

Agree with this. Currently he looks like player 21 in the pecking order of the squad.

Will need to work hard in trading and hide his time for a place on the bench.

Barring injury I suspect the League cup will be his 1st start. May only make the odd match day 18 before that as well
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #874 on: August 9, 2019, 04:42:58 pm »
Agree with this. Currently he looks like player 21 in the pecking order of the squad.

Will need to work hard in trading and hide his time for a place on the bench.

Barring injury I suspect the League cup will be his 1st start. May only make the odd match day 18 before that as well

Super Cup on Wednesday maybe

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #875 on: August 9, 2019, 05:32:43 pm »

I don't disagree with this but Klopp mentioned that the reason he didn't feature was that the pre-season training and number of minutes played had started to take a toll on him. Klopp decided to give him a breather. I think one of the things we will have to always consider, on top of his obvious youth, is that he's coming back from a serious injury.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #876 on: August 9, 2019, 05:40:34 pm »
Super Cup on Wednesday maybe
Too soon, I think. Klopp will go strong for the Super Cup.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #877 on: August 9, 2019, 06:40:44 pm »
Too soon, I think. Klopp will go strong for the Super Cup.

Allowed a 23 man squad for it like the CL.

I think he will get minutes in that game.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #878 on: August 9, 2019, 07:12:26 pm »
Allowed a 23 man squad for it like the CL.

I think he will get minutes in that game.
Oh, I think so too. I thought that you meant he'll start in reply to the other poster.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #879 on: August 10, 2019, 02:06:44 pm »
Bit of a she he wasn't on the bench yesterday, might have got more use out of Mane's minutes, and Mane of Brewster's rest.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.