Author Topic: DIC pull out of deal/Gillett AND Hicks to take over?  (Read 290279 times)

Offline cj

• didn't get where he is today without becoming a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: DIC pull out of deal
« Reply #280 on: January 31, 2007, 05:03:52 pm »
Well under DIC we would never find ourselves in this position right? Honestly, we are challenging for second without their money. I do agree that the americans should be kept at bay though and I hope Parry isn't desperate  to sell now.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: January 31, 2007, 05:03:58 pm »
Nail on the head but I would not hold your breath. The fact that the news broke in the way it did tells be that Rick and co have let this get out of control and are sitting in an office thinking what on earth have we done!!

In over their heads i think, just shows how inept at running a football club they are..Maybe

Offline ic843

• Choose Everton
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cally's heroes
« Reply #282 on: January 31, 2007, 05:04:28 pm »
great pic/post
Taylor Report 278 ""It is fair to say that over many years the South Yorkshire Police have given excellent service to the public...Unforunately, their policing on April 15 broke down in the ways described, and although there were other causes, the main reason for the disaster was the failure of police control."
BOYCOTT THE S*N

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: January 31, 2007, 05:04:50 pm »
hardball? These people come from a different culture. They see this as an act of dishonour. You agree a deal you shake on it and it goes through. That's what happens in their world. You don't court other investers behind someone's back looking for a better deal. Dubai is gone. 17 years without a league title and counting. Don't expect one soon. We cannot afford the Daniel Alves of the world. Gillet doesn't have money and will probbaly bring 400 million pounds of debt to the club. It's best if Moores jus keeps control of the club. Back to square one. Surpassed by our rivals. I bet they are laughing now. This is a joke.  I'll like to see a fan protest.

Agreed. This is a bridge too far for me.

Fuck Off out of it Moores. You are a clown.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: January 31, 2007, 05:04:53 pm »

DIC have had the exclusive access to the LFC books for a month, this American spends 3-days looking and decides to out-bid the Arabs. Suddenly his offer is sooooo much better than DIC that they are shoved out the door. DIC responds in a way predictable for a group used to getting what they want when they want. They walk, never to come back.

Rafa will see the change of direction of the board, he may decide that this lot   are just as untrustworthy as his Valencia masters of 2004. He ay walk, if we win the prem this year he'll go.

Platini will drop the 4-team rule foe england / spain / italy. We will loose out 'cause the other 3 teams will outspend us. We will be no better than Newcastle.

Gillette has fucked us, he'll get the club, but it'll crumble. I just hope and pray I'm wrong.

you're the glass half empty type then...

Offline Le Terrible

• GAJAJ AlbertStubbinsGU
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: January 31, 2007, 05:05:29 pm »
This is no way to run a railroad.  Where is Parry now?  There should be masses of supporters outside the gates demanding an answer.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #286 on: January 31, 2007, 05:05:43 pm »
This is a business deal pure and simple, at least that's the way the board will view it, in every deal there's a bit of bargaining going on, all thats happining here is DIC are worried that their going to be outbid by Gillette so their applying pressure on the board by releasing this statement to the press, this in turn will whip the fan's into a frenzy of mindless abuse (like we're witnessing here) to force the board into accepting their bid...................DIC will own LFC by the weekend.

That is a fantasy scenario - although I do hope you're right.
JFT97

Offline ic843

• Choose Everton
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cally's heroes
« Reply #287 on: January 31, 2007, 05:05:55 pm »
To be honest, they've had an hour since the news broke here. 45 minutes since DIC released their statement.

If they can't raise some sort of explanation to the fans in an hour, it's pretty fucking shoddy.

And this fuck up of garguantan proportions really DOES deserve an explanation.

Yes, a proper one with all the facts after speaking to DIC. Not a rash sensasionalist one that Sly would love
Taylor Report 278 ""It is fair to say that over many years the South Yorkshire Police have given excellent service to the public...Unforunately, their policing on April 15 broke down in the ways described, and although there were other causes, the main reason for the disaster was the failure of police control."
BOYCOTT THE S*N

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #288 on: January 31, 2007, 05:05:58 pm »
Fucking hell

Kneejerk central

I don't think thats the last we'll see of DIC

Offline themule

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: January 31, 2007, 05:06:03 pm »
To be honest none of us are really inside the negociations so we don't know which investor's offer is better.

DIC have run a better PR campaign on this I think, and that's probably the only reason most people favour them.

Correct.

Everyone knows the details they want us to know. We haven't just changed our minds for the fun of it. Something's gone on to make us not accept the bid. And it's not just gillett or however many million quid extra. We'd have sold out a long time ago if it was just about money.

The DIC bid was given the go ahead cos the board felt it was right. Something must now be wrong to go back on that.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: January 31, 2007, 05:06:06 pm »
Tell you what they must have some hefty servers at RAWK HQ :D

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: January 31, 2007, 05:06:12 pm »
To be honest, they've had an hour since the news broke here. 45 minutes since DIC released their statement.

If they can't raise some sort of explanation to the fans in an hour, it's pretty fucking shoddy.

And this fuck up of garguantan proportions really DOES deserve an explanation.

yes it deserves an explanation, but surely they will have to have a meeting to decide on the best course of action etc which could take a bit of time. I dunno how these things operate, but I'd imagine given the delicacy of the situation and with the number of people who will be waiting to hear it, they will want to get it spot on....
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline cj

• didn't get where he is today without becoming a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: January 31, 2007, 05:06:32 pm »
Agreed. This is a bridge too far for me.

Fuck Off out of it Moores. You are a clown.
How's so when he agreed to the sale?

Sorry, thought you said Parry, responded a bit to quickly.

Offline ds2190

• Simon Cowell + Oswald Moseley's pernickety lovechild
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: January 31, 2007, 05:06:42 pm »
Need to get some info from Shanks if possible.

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #294 on: January 31, 2007, 05:06:56 pm »
What fucking tools our board are.  Shilly-shallying bastards, all of them - shall we take a deal to make LFC into a world Power House once again?  or shall we fuck around, piss them off and consider a guy who likes things just ticking over.

If I had a seasie (which I can't get as WE STILL HAVEN'T BUILT THE NEW FUCKING GROUND), I'd rip the fucker up as we have a board that in no way matches the ambition we have as supporters.

Go fuck themselves.

Offline desert red

• Main Stander
  • The Return of the King
« Reply #295 on: January 31, 2007, 05:07:01 pm »
Looks like it will be kwik save now

Offline bring_on_heighway

• Kemlynite
« Reply #296 on: January 31, 2007, 05:07:11 pm »
real shame,  they were people with some serious financial muscle who actually seemed to know, care and appreciate the Liverpool FC way of life....However I do have faith in Moores and think he would only act in the best interest for the club...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=405882&cc=5739&campaign=rss&source=soccernet
'As always, we are focussing on supporting our manager'

Offline DannyD

• Son Of Millie Tant. General Secretary of the National Union of Ice Cream Miners
  • Legacy Fan
  • 60 Years torment for Palestinians make it the last
« Reply #297 on: January 31, 2007, 05:07:48 pm »
All that needs to happen now is for Gillett to pull out and the jobs done for those who were scared shitless about us regaining the championship.

Another point is the fuckers have had weeks to sort out the details of the Mascherano deal yet is looks as if we don't know who owns the player, you would think they would have had everything in place before the final day of the transfer window.

Any one up for a chant at the Derby Saturday??????? The old standard sack the board or you don't know what you are doing would be good enough. Ansani will be at the game so if nothing else it will be a thank you to him for at least trying to oush us forward.
I lay before you a plan of freedom - adopt it, and you rid the world of inequality, misery, and crime. A martyr in your cause, I am become the prophet of your salvation.

Offline Red_South

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #298 on: January 31, 2007, 05:07:54 pm »
money is on this thread being over 20 pages by the time I've got the tube home! 

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: January 31, 2007, 05:08:03 pm »
fucking shithouses

i knew something would happen; why the fuck did you stall for that yank bankrupt prick.

The statement by DIC is just a kick in the teeth as well; talking about how they understood our traditions and history.... and good luck with your new yank owners who will turn you into some superbowl plastic fucking team.

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: January 31, 2007, 05:08:06 pm »

DIC have had the exclusive access to the LFC books for a month, this American spends 3-days looking and decides to out-bid the Arabs. Suddenly his offer is sooooo much better than DIC that they are shoved out the door. DIC responds in a way predictable for a group used to getting what they want when they want. They walk, never to come back.

Rafa will see the change of direction of the board, he may decide that this lot   are just as untrustworthy as his Valencia masters of 2004. He ay walk, if we win the prem this year he'll go.

Platini will drop the 4-team rule foe england / spain / italy. We will loose out 'cause the other 3 teams will outspend us. We will be no better than Newcastle.
Gillette has fucked us, he'll get the club, but it'll crumble. I just hope and pray I'm wrong.

CORRECT.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #301 on: January 31, 2007, 05:08:17 pm »
Wow kneejerks worse than a 6-3 home defeat

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #302 on: January 31, 2007, 05:08:29 pm »
its a shame but after reading ten pages i still think we shold wait and see what happens. just hope if gillett takes over he wont do a u-turn on the groundshare :wanker
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #303 on: January 31, 2007, 05:08:35 pm »
yes it deserves an explanation, but surely they will have to have a meeting to decide on the best course of action etc which could take a bit of time. I dunno how these things operate, but I'd imagine given the delicacy of the situation and with the number of people who will be waiting to hear it, they will want to get it spot on....

And therin lies the problems. They'll fanny about and piss about for two weeks, discussing it and being unsure what to say, and then release a statement.

This won't have been sprung on LFC an hour ago. Even if it was, they'll know why already.

The normal fucking slow arsed shoddy shite from the club.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #304 on: January 31, 2007, 05:08:54 pm »
DIC have run a better PR campaign on this I think, and that's probably the only reason most people favour them.

Not strictly true, the club have pretty much done the PR for them.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline kop88

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #305 on: January 31, 2007, 05:08:56 pm »
if they wanted us THAT badly, they wouldn't have thrown a fucking hissy fit over ''a bit of dillying and dallying''

We've had a narrow escape IMO!

it doest work like that mate. these are some of the most successfull businessman in the world, worth billions. they are not going to take shit from liverpool football club. if whats been said is true, and we had  agreed in principal to their deal, which i believe is true,otherwise parry,rafa,gerrard etc would not have been taling in the press about how these are the right people to take us forward, they are obviously going to get seriously pissed off when we then drag our heals and talk to gillet. talk is aswell that moores had give them his word we would not negotiate with gillet.

i hope im wrong but this stinks of a fuck up of the highest proportions from liverpool fc.only we could have fucked it up like this.think of ronny rosenthal hitting the bar from 7yards out, this is how the situation looks to me.we got so close and fucked it up.
im gutted

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: January 31, 2007, 05:09:06 pm »
Wow kneejerks worse than a 6-3 home defeat

i see that the number of posts per page has decreased accordingly!
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline ic843

• Choose Everton
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cally's heroes
« Reply #307 on: January 31, 2007, 05:09:26 pm »
What fucking tools our board are.  Shilly-shallying bastards, all of them - shall we take a deal to make LFC into a world Power House once again?  or shall we fuck around, piss them off and consider a guy who likes things just ticking over.

If I had a seasie (which I can't get as WE STILL HAVEN'T BUILT THE NEW FUCKING GROUND), I'd rip the fucker up as we have a board that in no way matches the ambition we have as supporters.

Go fuck themselves.
That attitude is exactly the one were scared that big money investment will bring more of. If your into ripping up season tickets I hear Boro have got a few spare at the mo
BOYCOTT THE S*N

Offline rafathegaffa

• Legacy Fan
  • Bang bang Rosie
    • A few songs...
« Reply #308 on: January 31, 2007, 05:10:58 pm »
However I do have faith in Moores and think he would only act in the best interest for the club...

Why?

Good intentions are shite-all use to us now. If (as he'll probably have to) he accepts the Gillett deal now, he'll prove himself and Parry to be the biggest pair of shyster turncoats willing to pin their knobs on the fleshiest thigh of the shortest skirt.

Pair of bollock-engineers.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #309 on: January 31, 2007, 05:10:59 pm »
I'm going the match on Saturday in a Guantanamo Bay orange  jumpsuit now.

Just for anti-American effect, like.

Load of shit, as usual, something needs to be done, our board is fucking limp.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline kopite789

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #310 on: January 31, 2007, 05:11:02 pm »
In over their heads i think, just shows how inept at running a football club they are..Maybe

there hardly inept at running a football club are they. You only need to look at the trophies we've won recently.

They may well be inept at selling a football club though.
25th May 2005 - The greatest night in the history of the world. FACT

Twitter : @kopite789

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #311 on: January 31, 2007, 05:11:10 pm »
anyone think DIC will be back
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline jbdbreds

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: January 31, 2007, 05:11:27 pm »
After all their posturing about understanding the club's needs, it suprises me that DIC would be so shallow as to pull out just because another offer is being considered.  I must believe that either they are still interested but posturing, or they never really gave a toss about the club in the first.  Parry and the board have done the right thing all along.  It would be wrong to refuse to consider a higher bid. 

Offline gdr

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #313 on: January 31, 2007, 05:11:38 pm »
 :( David Moores give me an explanation :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker

Offline grimreaper

• this is a new one... ok it's shite but it is a no-brainer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: January 31, 2007, 05:11:57 pm »

not me

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: January 31, 2007, 05:12:44 pm »
this is fucking unacceptable, im tryin to bide my time and wait to hear whzat the club have to say but you cant help feell fucking pissed right off thta the board have let this opportunty pass us by. SORT IT OUT, GREEDY FUCKWITS.
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline L Redwing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: January 31, 2007, 05:12:47 pm »

Moores: ".. yeah, hang on George, I've got the contract here somewhere .... takeaway menu ... dry-cleaning receipt ... more bloody catalogue bills ... Mascherano registration ... oh bollocks, I've sent the wrong form the Premier League..."

Fucking hell. That would just be the kicker now, wouldn't it.

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #317 on: January 31, 2007, 05:12:56 pm »
meanwhile, absoloutely fuck all about this on .tv

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/

::)

I suppose it IS only 75 minutes since the news broke though...
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: January 31, 2007, 05:13:03 pm »

No...they seem right pissed off. They have 'moved on'.

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: January 31, 2007, 05:13:10 pm »

I truly hope they would be back but can't see it happening...