Author Topic: Nintendo Switch (was NX)  (Read 111760 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Nintendo Switch (was NX)
« Reply #880 on: December 22, 2019, 09:09:55 pm »
I don't even have one and I KNOW drift is real.

It's part of the controller design - all flawed

Sorry to bring bad news. Nothing to do with memory.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #881 on: December 28, 2019, 10:40:39 pm »
Bought my fella a Switch Neon for Christmas, we’ve been playing Pokemon for days now ;D

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #882 on: December 31, 2019, 10:44:09 am »
What's everyone's favourite game on the Switch then? I'm kinda new to it and have only played Mario Kart 8 (which is great fun) but I haven't touched anything else. It's my first Nintendo console since the SNES!!

Just looking for some recommendations outside of the usual Zelda.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #883 on: December 31, 2019, 10:59:05 am »
What's everyone's favourite game on the Switch then? I'm kinda new to it and have only played Mario Kart 8 (which is great fun) but I haven't touched anything else. It's my first Nintendo console since the SNES!!

Been very much enjoying Untitled Goose Game, Mario Odyssey and Luigi's Mansion this week.

Got my eye on Katamari Damacy, Smash Bros. and Pokemon next.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #884 on: January 3, 2020, 05:44:06 am »
eShop sale has a few gems on sale, most notably Mario Kart! Friends got me a voucher for Xmas so along with the sale discount I've gotten about 66% off on MK8. Wanted it for ages as its a great party game.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #885 on: January 6, 2020, 01:42:13 pm »
Is there anyway you can set alerts for when games go on sale?

I want football manager 2020 - but I'm waiting for it to go on sale (if it ever does!)
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #886 on: January 6, 2020, 03:54:07 pm »
Is there anyway you can set alerts for when games go on sale?

I want football manager 2020 - but I'm waiting for it to go on sale (if it ever does!)

Add them to your wishlist then when they go on sale, you get an e-mail.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #887 on: January 8, 2020, 01:55:11 pm »
Add them to your wishlist then when they go on sale, you get an e-mail.

Nice one!  :)
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #888 on: January 13, 2020, 02:29:21 pm »
Looking forward to Baldo this year.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #889 on: January 13, 2020, 02:38:09 pm »
Looking forward to Baldo this year.

Pep must be pretty chuffed he's getting a game made about him.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #890 on: January 13, 2020, 03:12:23 pm »
So tempted to get one if these and play Dark Souls on the commute.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #891 on: April 8, 2020, 07:32:14 pm »
Im-fucking-possible finding one these days. Assholes selling used ones for 5-600 euros online.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #892 on: April 9, 2020, 01:28:46 am »
You should've gotten one in Jan when you mentioned them!

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #893 on: April 9, 2020, 08:17:14 am »
They've sold out worldwide, I think everyone had the same idea of buying one when the lockdown was announced. I'll be picking one up when they come back I think although Nintendo have just announced they're releasing more systems

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #894 on: April 9, 2020, 08:26:52 am »
Don’t regret getting the Lite so far, wouldn’t have had a chance to really play it on the tv much anyway.

The additional portability will work well for me when travelling.

Loving Animal Crossing, also got Mario Kart and the Mario and Rabids game in the same but have hardly touched them yet as AC has taken over! Apparently there is a further update in the sale today so will have another look and potentially add to my backlog of games...
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #895 on: April 9, 2020, 09:27:21 am »
You should've gotten one in Jan when you mentioned them!
[emoji16] Well, yes.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #896 on: April 9, 2020, 01:12:47 pm »
Im-fucking-possible finding one these days. Assholes selling used ones for 5-600 euros online.

It’s not that surprising is it? Unprecedented demand coupled with supply chain issues due to the situation. Lots of people will have decided, like you, to buy one now... hence why they’re sold out.

I saw Game got some more stock yesterday but it went in a flash. If you sign up for their stock alerts I believe they email you a few minutes before it’s due to come into stock, giving you time to get on their website :wave

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Nintendo Switch (was NX)
« Reply #897 on: April 9, 2020, 01:18:54 pm »
Thanks for that.
I’ll sign up for the alert.

It’s easy enough to get Lite models on ebay. But that would mean I can’t destroy my daughter in Mario Kart [emoji16]

I don’t have a tv anyway so it would just be played in handheld mode.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #898 on: April 9, 2020, 02:35:36 pm »
Actually a really good eshop sale on the Switch at the moment to. Picked up The Touryst and a neat turn based strategy, Phantom Doctrine for a couple of quid. Will end up getting a couple of others on sale to, about 300 games apparently.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #899 on: April 9, 2020, 02:44:35 pm »
Argos are due stock in sometime next week. Very had them last night but ended up closing their website due to demand.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #900 on: April 9, 2020, 09:25:17 pm »
Game had some around 2pm today for 10mins then again at around 4pm for around 30mins. They’re coming up at similar times each day.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #901 on: April 9, 2020, 09:52:19 pm »
Back in stock on Amazon

Pre order for 24th April

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #902 on: April 10, 2020, 10:22:41 am »
I saw Game got some more stock yesterday but it went in a flash. If you sign up for their stock alerts I believe they email you a few minutes before it’s due to come into stock, giving you time to get on their website :wave

I managed to get one from Game the other day when that stock came in. Game getting a lot of stick because nobody got emails when they arrived in stock.

I was quite lucky really. One of the kids asked last week about getting one for her Birthday next month and only then realised stock is a problem. I set a bookmark up that morning for each retailer and then was checking each day and the day after doing it Game had literally just put the stock on and I was able to grab one.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #903 on: April 10, 2020, 10:23:54 am »
The ‘stockinformer’ website is where people were getting their notifications from 

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #904 on: April 10, 2020, 12:41:33 pm »
The ‘stockinformer’ website is where people were getting their notifications from
Aye, I set the alert up on there yesterday. An hour later the klaxon goes off in my headphones and I order one from Nintendo themselves.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #905 on: April 14, 2020, 11:34:22 pm »
Managed to get one from Amazon. Arriving on Saturday. The game market price wise really is poor.

Obvious starter games lined up like Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8, Mario maker 2 (once I get paid). But any other recommendations (that aren't Animal Crossing :P)

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #906 on: April 15, 2020, 03:15:05 am »

What kind of games do you like normally?

I now have most of the main games for the system.

Super Mario Odyssey - haven't played much but just watching my kid play the colours get overwhelming after a while. Very creative but not my thing.

Witcher 3 - Not played it on other systems but quite enjoying. The graphics are definitely not as good but it still looks pretty great. Worth a shot if you don't have other systems to play Witcher games.

Smash Brothers Ultimate - Our household doesn't really have the right composition during a lockdown for this but the campaign mode is quite fun. If you have mates to play this with online, it's a good one for the lockdown.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Look, it's probably not as good as people make it out to be. The characters IMO are not more well developed than characters you see in other Fire Emblem games, and the plot is a bit too convoluted and silly. But it's still quite a lot of fun - more so on higher difficulties.

Pokemon Sword - Does what it says on the sticker. A lot of pokemon. Same Pokemon-y kind of plot that you expect from the franchise. There's the nice addition (I haven't played recent games so I don't know if this is a regular feature) of a thing called the Wild Area, where you can catch a lot of pokemon and more or less get what you need reasonably early. I think the only issue is there are probably too many pokemon and the game doesn't really impose many restrictions to make it challenging. I finished 8 gyms and have a good lineup and now I'm not that motivated to finish it for a while.

Link's Awakening - Cute game with some nice Mario linkups. I don't really love the top down Zelda games mostly because the puzzles require too much from a casual player, and ultimately you probably want to get a walkthrough unless you have all the time in the world to figure out what you need to do. Still fun.

Mario Party - Prolly give it a miss. There are only 4 maps, which is completely bizarre, and online play doesn't allow you to play those maps - only mini games. Very odd.

Bloodstained - Quite a lot of fun for fans of Castlevania. The only issue is there were some serious graphics issues in earlier versions of it, which made parts of the game (including a boss) close to unplayable. I haven't gone back to it but hopefully it's been fixed.

Wii Fit Adventure - It's a supremely silly game but if you want to mix gaming and exercise it's not the worst. There are some very weirdly buff looking monsters, which would surely be memes by now if the game were more popular. Not a bad option for a shutdown.

I'm also planning on getting Rocket League and anything else I can play with friends I can't otherwise see.

Also.. you should get Animal Crossing. It's a balm for the soul in these times :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 03:29:43 am by Redcap »

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #907 on: April 15, 2020, 09:11:42 am »
Ah fuck it.
Bought a Switch Lite and ordered Dark Souls. That will get me through this period. Hopefully From release more Souls games on Switch, but this will do for now.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #909 on: April 17, 2020, 07:46:29 pm »
Youngest lad has a switch. Right hand side joycon stopped working so sent the console back to Nintendo to take a look. Got an email today to say it will cost £157.50 to repair. Can buy a brand new Switch Lite for £199. Have asked for a fully itemised breakdown as to how they got to that price before I authorise they repair or not. Robbing bastards.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #910 on: April 17, 2020, 09:47:53 pm »
Youngest lad has a switch. Right hand side joycon stopped working so sent the console back to Nintendo to take a look. Got an email today to say it will cost £157.50 to repair. Can buy a brand new Switch Lite for £199. Have asked for a fully itemised breakdown as to how they got to that price before I authorise they repair or not. Robbing bastards.

Ouch,£157 sounds mad. Is it a switch or a switch lite? If it's a lite then surely it's still under warrenty, if it's a switch then wouldn't it be much cheaper to buy a new joycon?

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #911 on: April 17, 2020, 10:04:31 pm »
Ouch,£157 sounds mad. Is it a switch or a switch lite? If it's a lite then surely it's still under warrenty, if it's a switch then wouldn't it be much cheaper to buy a new joycon?

You’re telling me haha. It’s a an original Switch from 2017. They said they’ve found physical damage, even though it’s never been dropped. I’ve emailed them back to ask for a fully itemised breakdown of the costs. I was expecting about £65 quid to fix, not £157!!!  Might just get them to send it back I repaired and try my luck with a new joycon.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #912 on: April 18, 2020, 01:01:50 am »
Is it the JoyCon or the Console that has broken?!

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #913 on: April 18, 2020, 08:20:04 am »
Youngest lad has a switch. Right hand side joycon stopped working so sent the console back to Nintendo to take a look. Got an email today to say it will cost £157.50 to repair.

Weird, if the joycon has broken you can swap it. Wonder what it is, where the joycon connects maybe?

Anywho, yeah that's a ripoff and good on you asking for itemised costs

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #914 on: April 18, 2020, 08:35:03 am »
Is it the JoyCon or the Console that has broken?!

Console works absolutely fine, but the right hand side joycon isn’t recognised. It recognised the blue left one is connected on the little graphic at the bottom left of the screen, but when you remove and re-add the right one the graphic shows it as being greyed  out - so it doesn’t recognise the joycon as being connected to the console.

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #915 on: April 18, 2020, 08:36:46 am »
Weird, if the joycon has broken you can swap it. Wonder what it is, where the joycon connects maybe?

Anywho, yeah that's a ripoff and good on you asking for itemised costs

Will see what they come back with. If it’s a load of nonsense will get the console back and try my luck with a new joycon.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #916 on: April 18, 2020, 11:26:13 am »
Looking online, £157 appears to be a standard repair cost, and several UK users on this thread all argued the toss and all got told pay it or have it back broken...

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/broken_switch_charging_port?start=20

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #917 on: April 18, 2020, 12:00:56 pm »
Looking online, £157 appears to be a standard repair cost, and several UK users on this thread all argued the toss and all got told pay it or have it back broken...

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/broken_switch_charging_port?start=20

Hmm interesting that isn’t it?  Seems £157 is the stock repair price. Might just get them to send it back as is and buy a new joycon to see if that works.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #918 on: April 20, 2020, 04:23:08 pm »
Console works absolutely fine, but the right hand side joycon isn’t recognised. It recognised the blue left one is connected on the little graphic at the bottom left of the screen, but when you remove and re-add the right one the graphic shows it as being greyed  out - so it doesn’t recognise the joycon as being connected to the console.

This happened to us last week. A right side joycon just wasn't connecting to the switch. Another right-side joycon connected no probs so put it down to damage to the joycon. Maybe try another joycon?

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #919 on: April 20, 2020, 05:30:10 pm »
This happened to us last week. A right side joycon just wasn't connecting to the switch. Another right-side joycon connected no probs so put it down to damage to the joycon. Maybe try another joycon?

That’s what I’m going to do. If a new joycon doesn’t work I’ll just have to bite the bullet and send it off again to be repaired. Just very loathe to pay the £157 they’ve quoted.