Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2493819 times)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD - YOU JOTA BE KIDDING, WE SIGNED THIAGO!
« Reply #15600 on: September 19, 2020, 01:34:57 am »
Al dropped a bomb that the PL make all clubs pay the full amount within 2yrs then did a runner before backing it up.

I’ve checked the finance and transfer sections of the PL handbook. There’s no such rule...  ;)
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: LIVERPOOL SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD - YOU JOTA BE KIDDING, WE SIGNED THIAGO!
« Reply #15601 on: September 19, 2020, 01:36:29 am »
I’ve checked the finance and transfer sections of the PL handbook. There’s no such rule...  ;)

We all know that  ;D

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15602 on: September 19, 2020, 01:38:58 am »
We all know that  ;D

I’m annoyed I just spent 15 mins reading those sections to make sure.  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15603 on: September 19, 2020, 01:40:19 am »
I’m annoyed I just spent 15 mins reading those sections to make sure.  ;D

In bygone times I’d have done the same, but I just treat everything he says as shite now unless he proves otherwise.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15604 on: September 19, 2020, 01:41:20 am »
Fucking winning the league again, aren't we boys.... Its like taking a time machine back 40 years. Our recruitment is spot on...

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15605 on: September 19, 2020, 01:43:45 am »
Oh and Al - as much as I love you mate, you haven't half chatted some shit in recent weeks. I hope you have the humility to put your hands up and say 'fair play' to the team you've constantly criticised

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15606 on: September 19, 2020, 01:46:21 am »
Fucking winning the league again, aren't we boys.... Its like taking a time machine back 40 years. Our recruitment is spot on...

Casual make chavenismn is alive and well on RAWK yet again!

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15607 on: September 19, 2020, 01:47:12 am »

What about the “girls”??

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15608 on: September 19, 2020, 01:47:33 am »
Bobby will need to get his shit together, this kid is serious competition. Can only be good; Jota brings his game to us, Bobby raises his own to keep his place. Win win situation. Great signing if confirmed, and the perfect age to develop in Klopp's project.
You reckon he’s backup for Bobby? I was thinking more for the wide positions myself, although he seems to have played centrally a fair bit so maybe you have a point. If he can cover any of the front three positions, or even just centrally and out left, with Sadio moving to the right, then it’s all good. In any case, he seems like a good fit from everything I’ve read, so it seems like a good fit even if the price is fairly hefty.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #15609 on: September 19, 2020, 01:47:39 am »
But if we’ve got to pay all this cash out next year, how will we afford Mbappe?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15610 on: September 19, 2020, 01:50:18 am »
Casual make chavenismn is alive and well on RAWK yet again!

What about the “girls”??

Whilst I’m fully on board with not generalising, I think it’s fair to say the vast vast vast majority of members on RAWK do identify as male and it’s not the most shitty thing in the world to use boys. Certainly not in the context it was too.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15611 on: September 19, 2020, 01:50:42 am »

Likely won’t start paying for him until 2045 if Edwards gets his way.

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15612 on: September 19, 2020, 01:51:03 am »
Massive apologies of course I meant our fabulous female support too *hangs head in shame*

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15613 on: September 19, 2020, 01:53:29 am »
Whilst I’m fully on board with not generalising, I think it’s fair to say the vast vast vast majority of members on RAWK do identify as male and it’s not the most shitty thing in the world to use boys. Certainly not in the context it was too.

Thank you mate

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #15614 on: September 19, 2020, 01:56:23 am »
Wonder if we'll see more of a 4231 against the bottom 12 teams this season. Salah up top, firmino/minamino in behind the striker, with mane and Jota flanking them. We'd then have a selection of thiago hendo Gini fabinho keita and milner to choose from as the 2 holding players. Feels great seeing this sort of depth in the squad. That's not including the likes of shaqiri Jones or Chamberlain.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15615 on: September 19, 2020, 02:02:32 am »

Fair points, but I know some of the women and girls on here do get annoyed by the assumption we’re all men/boys, so we should be aware not to make them feel excluded - and there may be many just browsing as guests.

We all do it. I’ve done it.

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15616 on: September 19, 2020, 02:15:49 am »
Fair points, but I know some of the women and girls on here do get annoyed by the assumption we’re all men/boys, so we should be aware not to make them feel excluded - and there may be many just browsing as guests.

We all do it. I’ve done it.

I've been on this site for some many years mate, so you don't need to speak to Craig to make your point.

It was a slip of the finger / tongue, and if you knew me... you'd know immediately there was no sexist involved.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #15617 on: September 19, 2020, 02:22:11 am »
Not saying we could have paid less for Sarr but paid the prohibitive money if we really wanted to

Maybe we viewed Sarr as first choice, but only if he could purchased within a certain range. £50m+  was never going to fly in this market.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #15618 on: September 19, 2020, 02:25:18 am »
I feel we need to save Ozan Kabak from poor old Schalke, before his confidence is shot to pieces  ;D Also Schalke are in a difficult situation financially, so yeah, that sort of fee would make sense to them too.

He looked a real class prospect at Stuttgart.

If what WIlliams is saying accurate, he's clearly available. I don't even think we'd have to go to €25m considering the state of Schalke's current financial situation. Look what happened with their other saleable prospect (McKennie). Wanted £20m+ from Southampton, ended up loaning him to Juventus for peanuts with an option to buy.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15619 on: September 19, 2020, 02:33:22 am »
If I’m being completely honest, if I was spending £45m on a forward, Jota wouldn’t be my first or even second choice. Seems like a decent if unspectacular player to me. But of course I trust our management team and hope I’m pleasantly surprised!

Hes got a specific skillset that we need in the squad, that we lack. 45M is not that expensive in this day and age, for that type of player. No complaints from me.

Hes a level above Shaqiri for me, in terms of what he brings to this team.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Izzy

• Main Stander
« Reply #15620 on: September 19, 2020, 02:47:30 am »
Bottom line is - if we had bought minamino for £45m at the time and jota for £7.5m none of us would be complaining. And a total of £52.5m on very capable backups

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15621 on: September 19, 2020, 03:01:02 am »
And that is how you sign players during a pandemic without taking on debt.

Right. Good explanation

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15622 on: September 19, 2020, 03:03:07 am »
Signing Jota should make Football Manager fans happy. If you mug up on your FM skills, you too can play for Liverpool. Next up Ousmane Dembele (Winchester City), although Antoine Griezmann (Arsenal) accused his Barca teammate of cheating by hacking the game. Joe Lolley of Nottingham Forest has played up to 2040 with Shrewsbury and 2037 with Oxford City. He's also reached the PL with Gloucester after 20 seasons on his current save.

FYI, Jota has reached the PL with Telford Utd.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #15623 on: September 19, 2020, 03:12:33 am »
Jota out :P ;)

Jota also admires work done at other clubs. He would have no quibble with Liverpool being crowned champions if this season were to be cancelled. “If we were to have the misfortune of not being able to end the season, I think that few people would oppose this. Of course, there are always rival clubs that could be against that but I think 95% of people would agree. For me they would be fair champions.”

Which is not to say that Liverpool are his favourite Merseyside club. When he was growing up in Portugal, the English team he most enjoyed watching wore blue. “I loved to watch Everton play, especially when they were playing at home. It was not a club that fought for the title but that always made life very complicated for the big teams. And I loved that drive and competitiveness. They were relentless.”
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/06/wolves-diogo-jota-im-coaching-telford-united-on-football-manager

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15624 on: September 19, 2020, 03:20:22 am »
Jota out :P ;)

He’s 23. So lets assume he’s talking from when he was 6 until 16. That’s 2002 until 2012.

I’m sorry but at what stage during that period were they relentless?  ;D

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15625 on: September 19, 2020, 03:29:17 am »
He’s 23. So lets assume he’s talking from when he was 6 until 16. That’s 2002 until 2012.

I’m sorry but at what stage during that period were they relentless?  ;D

Jota may come from a religious upbringing, so he'll have noted Everton's Godlessness in failing to observe Lent. And they repeatedly ignored the strictures of Lent, year after year, thus making them re-Lentless.

Alternatively, he may have been commenting on Everton's unwillingness to pay rent on Anfield, and their re-rentlessness.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 03:31:30 am by Sangria »
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15626 on: September 19, 2020, 03:33:37 am »
I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was doing what a lot of celebs do and just making up the most stupid shite they could in an interview and seeing if the person interviewing them would fall for it.

I mean drive, competitiveness, relentless. He’s not even hiding the piss take  ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15627 on: September 19, 2020, 03:45:46 am »
I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was doing what a lot of celebs do and just making up the most stupid shite they could in an interview and seeing if the person interviewing them would fall for it.

I mean drive, competitiveness, relentless. He’s not even hiding the piss take  ;D

I think he was being honest. He said Everton played hard against big teams. So he knows they are a small club.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #15628 on: September 19, 2020, 03:57:18 am »

#Mbappe2022 ;)

Offline deadsetred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15629 on: September 19, 2020, 03:58:14 am »
The Jota sigining reminds me a lot of when we signed Mane. Hopefully pans out the same way!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15630 on: September 19, 2020, 03:59:05 am »
Massive apologies of course I meant our fabulous female support too *hangs head in shame*

It’s ok  :D

Just something that I see a lot here, the use of ‘lads” usually. It’s just sort of funny how we like to think we’re all for equality and with the times, but so easily slip back to presuming only men follow football and thus post on forums. Even though everyone also knows that isn’t the case. Dare say there are far more women here than folks realise.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #15631 on: September 19, 2020, 04:29:26 am »
So reports that we’re chasing Kabak. Must mean we think Hoever isn’t going to be top shelf?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15632 on: September 19, 2020, 04:34:45 am »
Bottom line is - if we had bought minamino for £45m at the time and jota for £7.5m none of us would be complaining. And a total of £52.5m on very capable backups

I would have thought at the time that we were getting fleeced on Mini (not that I don't rate him, but he didn't command that kind of fee). But yeah, if we'd got Jota for 7m I'd wonder what they were smoking at Wolves, then give them more and talk about Jimenez. :). 52m for the pair (20m for Mini, 32m for Jota) would have seemed a good bit of biz. I'm glad we've gone for Jota over Traore, that's for damn sure.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #15633 on: September 19, 2020, 05:19:45 am »
Decent piece in The Athletic a couple weeks back by their Wolves’ writer

https://theathletic.com/2002749/2020/08/27/wolves-diogo-jota/?source=user_shared_article

So reports that we’re chasing Kabak. Must mean we think Hoever isn’t going to be top shelf?

Hoever was seen more as a right back with us so he was 3rd in the pecking line and given our cash-flow challenges sending him the other way in order to facilitate the Jota deal works out best for all involved.

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15634 on: September 19, 2020, 05:29:34 am »
It’s ok  :D

Just something that I see a lot here, the use of ‘lads” usually. It’s just sort of funny how we like to think we’re all for equality and with the times, but so easily slip back to presuming only men follow football and thus post on forums. Even though everyone also knows that isn’t the case. Dare say there are far more women here than folks realise.

Was a slip of the tongue, make no mistake the likes of Claire, Sian and Maggie are likely bigger reds than I am!

Once again, apologies if i offended anybody.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #15635 on: September 19, 2020, 06:25:32 am »
Kicking myself I didn't identify Jota as a target whilst scratching my head about three hoevr move ☹️
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15636 on: September 19, 2020, 06:41:31 am »
#ThiagoFriday and #JotaSaturday. Hopefully topped off by #LampardCryingSunday and it’s a perfect weekend

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15637 on: September 19, 2020, 06:49:06 am »
So Kabak... confirmed that we’ve been in contact with Schalke (although smokescreens are the fashion now I suppose).

https://twitter.com/chris78williams/status/1307087151352483840?s=21

Anyone seen much of him?

https://statsbomb.com/2020/02/the-bundesligas-no-name-all-stars/

In January 2019, then-struggling VfB Stuttgart signed Kabak two months before his 19th birthday. Although Die Schwaben eventually lost their battle against relegation, Kabak had impressed enough that Schalke 04 was willing to pay 15 million euros for the teen defender, a 4 million euro increase from the fee that Stuttgart originally paid. The big loser in all of this? Kabak’s former club, Galatasaray, who took the quick money and now have to make peace with watching his development into an elite centre back from a distance.

Kabak doesn’t have the imposing physique of his fellow countryman Demiral, but he more than makes up for that with his athletic ability. Kabak is quick, strong for someone his size and a noticeably good leaper. His game compares more to that of Söyüncü — Kabak, like Leicester’s young defensive star, shows great confidence and skill when building up play from the back, and possesses great instincts when it comes to taking up the right marking positions.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 06:50:45 am by royhendo »
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15638 on: September 19, 2020, 06:55:47 am »
I’ve got my doubts on the Kabak link, just think if we were signing him that we wouldn’t know until it was basically done (hey, maybe it is).

When he was mentioned earlier this summer, what stood out to me was his aerial prowess. He’s an absolute beast in the air, and that makes him a logical replacement for Lovren since that was a real strength of his. If it’s true, you’d imagine Klopp has been speaking to Wagner a lot to get insight into the player.

Other thing to note is that since he’s 20, he wouldn’t have to be included in the senior squad so won’t count towards the 17 non-homegrown player quota.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #15639 on: September 19, 2020, 07:20:10 am »
I’ve got my doubts on the Kabak link, just think if we were signing him that we wouldn’t know until it was basically done (hey, maybe it is).

Tsimikas news was broken first by the Greek Journos wasn’t it? We were first linked with Kaback back in July before the news died down before Manuel Veth and Chris Williams gave updates overnight. Be interesting to see what the local crop of journos have to say about the links.