Author Topic: England v Netherlands  (Read 81549 times)

Offline WhiteHeat

• Legacy Fan
  • wants the traditions of LFC back.
Re: England v Netherlands
« Reply #1760 on: February 29, 2012, 11:18:04 pm »
One thing I'll say in defence of Ingerland is that nobody hated Spain when Fernando Torres got injured playing for them. In fact people still supported Spain at the WC2010.

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1761 on: February 29, 2012, 11:19:13 pm »
I still think that Crouch has something to offer for England (not just because he plays for Stoke) look at his record. I'm going to say summat else now as well, I reckon Beckham can still make the squad, probably as an impact player in the last half hour, from his energy and pinpoint balls to the front men.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #1762 on: February 29, 2012, 11:21:03 pm »
, I reckon Beckham can still make the squad, probably as an impact player in the last half hour, from his energy and pinpoint balls to the front men.

Beckham? You serious?
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1763 on: February 29, 2012, 11:24:58 pm »
Beckham? You serious?
Yes mate I am, won't happen though probably.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1764 on: February 29, 2012, 11:26:22 pm »

Im going to watch him tonight, playing on a converted baseball field, in Tucson, in the middle of the Arizona desset.  I think his International days are behind him.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1765 on: February 29, 2012, 11:28:58 pm »
Arry for Ingurlund!
Justice for the 96!

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #1766 on: February 29, 2012, 11:29:49 pm »
robbie fowler ‏ @Robbie9Fowler
With that side part,the England manager reminds me of col. Hans landa from inglourious basterds

:lmao
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #1767 on: February 29, 2012, 11:31:25 pm »
And it shouldn't. He doesn't get past the half way line anymore.
JFT96 - YNWA

Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1768 on: February 29, 2012, 11:33:03 pm »
Im going to watch him tonight, playing on a converted baseball field, in Tucson, in the middle of the Arizona desset.  I think his International days are behind him.
Maybe I'm being overly sentimental, but for me, Beckham was the best in terms of his crosses, passes etc. He really could put it on your head from any distance. Remember the free kick against Greece? Sublime.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:35:16 pm by StokieSteve »

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1769 on: February 29, 2012, 11:37:18 pm »
I cannot actually believe the shit that was said in the "build-up" to the game.

Well, I can believe it. I just don't want to.

Offline Cochise

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #1770 on: February 29, 2012, 11:38:32 pm »
Maybe I'm being overly sentimental, but for me, Beckham was the best in terms of his crosses, passes etc. He really could put it on your head from any distance. Remember the free kick against Greece? Sublime.

His free kick against Greece was 11 years ago!!!!
JFT96 - YNWA

Offline Paganitzu

• Kopite
« Reply #1771 on: February 29, 2012, 11:40:22 pm »
Boring match by the Dutch. Kuyt was average, v. Bommel is getting old, Pieters might be the worst Dutch back in history, v. Persie still fails to perform for the NT, Vlaar should néver play for the Dutch team again, Sneijder seemed tired. Why always Kuyt? Why not play with two real wingers? One cross in the entire match! Enough to improve. Robben and Huntelaar where fine! Well, I won't even start talking about England.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1772 on: February 29, 2012, 11:42:38 pm »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1773 on: February 29, 2012, 11:42:40 pm »
Funny how there's lots of "the result doesn't matter" talk all over the media. Imagine Capello had lost that?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1774 on: February 29, 2012, 11:43:30 pm »
His free kick against Greece was 11 years ago!!!!
Indeed it was, would you bet against him to do it again today?

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1775 on: February 29, 2012, 11:44:23 pm »
Funny how there's lots of "the result doesn't matter" talk all over the media. Imagine Capello had lost that?

Don't you mean "Fabio the Foreigner"?

Offline Cochise

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #1776 on: February 29, 2012, 11:45:10 pm »

So you'd play a player who is far far past his best and just incase we get a free kick even though there are better players than him?
JFT96 - YNWA

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1777 on: February 29, 2012, 11:45:13 pm »

he'd have been slaughtered.

i still can't believe chiles referred to him as "fabio the foreigner" less than 5 seconds into the programme. utter joke.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1778 on: February 29, 2012, 11:46:03 pm »
ha, ha, nowa ya knowa whaddya meessing nowa you donta hava mea as youra manageriari.

I maya bea Tommy Coopieri's italian cousina butta I ama notta wankiari lika di idiota Pearciari thata you hava given the jobba to for nowa

Hahaha

nowa youa willa have Harriari but it donta matta becausa da playeriari datta youa hava are shitteri

only biga mamma's boy fabio made youa looka bitta betta fora whila

Paulo Di Canio youa needa
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1779 on: February 29, 2012, 11:46:25 pm »

Yes, because he had 7 or 8 free kick attempts in that match didn't he?  With those odds I'd bet against him. 

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1780 on: February 29, 2012, 11:52:51 pm »
So you'd play a player who is far far past his best and just incase we get a free kick even though there are better players than him?
Ok, he's getting on a bit now, but he always gave 100% for England, and given another chance is all I'm saying, could show one or two of these youngsters how to work for our national side.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1781 on: February 29, 2012, 11:54:43 pm »

What basic skills are these?

For example being used/brought up to play in patterns/triangles from a very early age on.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1782 on: March 1, 2012, 12:06:05 am »
lol at Collymore. What a tit. I would have said something worse but don't want to make him unhappy otherwise he'll lock himself up in a room in the dark for a week.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1783 on: March 1, 2012, 12:08:17 am »
One thing I'll say in defence of Ingerland is that nobody hated Spain when Fernando Torres got injured playing for them. In fact people still supported Spain at the WC2010.
No one gave Torres stick for going either.

Offline soberphobia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1784 on: March 1, 2012, 12:11:33 am »
I am a long way from England so i am not in touch with all the politicking of the media and the FA circus as i read on here so i only observe England from an entirely football point of view and try to figure out what they are trying to achieve. For me the squad never looks like someone is trying to get the side to play a certain way or have a unique system. Just a bunch of players picked and tried to make it work. England have some excellent young defenders and midfielders coming through but really do look weak in the striker department.

I think they need a manager who knows his ideal system and picks the best players for the system rather than trying to make the high profile players fit into a side. I know this is a captain obvious statement but if it is so obvious why hasn't anyone actually done it?

For the record I thought Capello was OK but saying a man is innocent until proven guilty and should be treated as such when the powers that be thought different was always going to be his death note.
24 hours in a day 24 cans in a carton coincidence?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1786 on: March 1, 2012, 12:19:24 am »
For the record I thought Capello was OK but saying a man is innocent until proven guilty and should be treated as such when the powers that be thought different was always going to be his death note.

Except he didn't quite say that. He said it was up to the FA to decide what to do, but it's all irrelevant - he knew the FA and English press wanted him gone and he was happy to get away from FA circus and the bunch of clowns in charge of it.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Cochise

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
JFT96 - YNWA

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1788 on: March 1, 2012, 12:24:08 am »
http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/scott-parkers-epic-control-fail-england-v-holland/

LOL thanks for that again, funny how often he tried that stupid pirouette when it isn't really needed. It cost him this time when pressed. He seems very limited to be honest to play that role for me, I think he's done well for spurs but he's had modric do the possession game for him.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #1789 on: March 1, 2012, 12:44:41 am »
Because the FA are corrupt c*nts but they don't represent England, our team do.

Did we want Liverpool to lose and laugh at our losses when Hicks and Gillett were in charge? Or even now when we've got c*nts like Ayre in charge ready to rip off our loyal regular match going fans just to squeeze some extra pennies out of daytrippers and "members", or people like Purslow as "special advisors".

England is run by c*nts. most of modern day football is, but i'll still support them even if it means I have to get behind wankers like Terry or put up with pish like Pearce.

Want a fucking medal for that? Can't believe people still beating their chests about supporting England when the captain of the club they support was treated like utter, utter shite today.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #1790 on: March 1, 2012, 12:46:19 am »
Fuck England. Fuck Pearce. Fuck Redknapp and fuck the FA.

Is fucking right. Still not over with the way Stevie was dealt with today. Fucking raging.

Offline ozzy-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King.
« Reply #1791 on: March 1, 2012, 12:50:06 am »
I cannot actually believe the shit that was said in the "build-up" to the game.

Well, I can believe it. I just don't want to.
What happened in the build up?
Care to elaborate for us who missed it?
That's about as funny as having impotency and a pregnant wife.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1792 on: March 1, 2012, 12:53:00 am »
Match Analysis

Robben had good moments.

Now, how to pad the rest of that shit out.....
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1793 on: March 1, 2012, 12:53:55 am »

Presumably refering to chiles and his mocking of cappello the 'foreigner' etc
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1794 on: March 1, 2012, 12:53:58 am »

Well basically Stevie would only not play if Siannn noshed me off - as she doesn't like camembert, he started.... got fucked and now Siannn only has to lick my bellend. That was the agreement, hope that helps.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1795 on: March 1, 2012, 12:59:54 am »
Well basically Stevie would only not play if Siannn noshed me off - as she doesn't like camembert, he started.... got fucked and now Siannn only has to lick my bellend. That was the agreement, hope that helps.

::)

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Redallover11

• Just behind Red Al Lover Number Ten in the Red Al Lover Queue
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1796 on: March 1, 2012, 03:56:40 am »
Seems to me that they media are always trying to influence manager but more importantly public  therfore English managers always have to toe the Medias line/public opinion and are always shoe horning the medias flavour of the month into the team. With Capello the foreigner won't listen so it's easy to attack the foreigner.

Look at Ireland under Trappatoni. Some really good technical players can't get into the set up because of what trappatoni is looking  for in a player. And He is saying that the players are not of a very high quality so you better be able to understand the system well and if you don't get it you don't play regardless if you are thought of as a better player than some one who is in the squad.

He is playing what people would say is pretty turgid football but you can't have it both ways. In order for Ireland to get results they have to sacrifice what the public think they want to see and what will work at International level. He seems to be doing a job. Remember Cyprus 2:5. Don't think that would ever happen under him.

Same with England. they need to bring in a manager that will be given the ability and time to put in place a system. After that it's about who can adapt to that system quickly and adhere to it.

England are technically just not good enough to be able to"wing it" so to speak, play laizzez faire football.

Even players with great technical ability still believe in a very structured set up. (Spain)Eg. Amount of time closing a player down before falling back. How the whole team closes down as a unit. Where players and units  run to close down once possession is lost.
Watching Keane for Villa recently asking the midfielders to push up to help in closing down players. What the fuck? why should He be dictating that . He only just arrived on loan. He should be the one asking where to go. Same with Andy carroll looking all bewildered when He looks over his shoulder and doesent see team mates closing down. I believe this is a coaching issue that needs to be met by players. Players think they know it all and at a young age and because they are good enough to play at the highest level, they can't be told where to go on the park.
Every other sport has a trainer coach etc working constantly with their charges attempting to teach them how to get better. Boxers, swimmers, golfers etc.

Apparently trappotoni works sometimes for an hour and a half on throw in defensive positioning in certain practices.

I've been lucky enough to attend three coaching Q and A with Hans Backe at NY Red Bulls and the biggest thing He says as a modern day coach He has to contend with is players egos. At the salary they demand He says fines mean nothing to them first of all and many think they are God's gift so they don't listen as much and it's much harder to teach/coach.

Offline Czar

• Anny Roader
  • Energy!
    • Benevolent - Extreme Technical Metal!
« Reply #1797 on: March 1, 2012, 04:31:24 am »
Lot of positives for England, very young and inexperienced squad, but they showed a lot of heart and determination. Very big improvement over the previous generation just needs more experience  and some better finishing. No shame losing to the world cup finalists in a last minute deflection

Admire your optimistic look on the game.

I thought England were abysmal to be honest...Parker was constantly out of position and he never controlled the midfield like he does with Spurs...England were far too deep all match long and they didn't press high up the pitch as they should have...England lacked the movement and the creativity to play without a Target Man in attack.

Overall, if England play like this in the Euros they won't make it out of the 1st round

Offline redy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1798 on: March 1, 2012, 04:42:13 am »
How did Welbeck and Sturridge play, all biases aside? I am a huge fan of both players.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1799 on: March 1, 2012, 04:46:35 am »
Admire your optimistic look on the game.

I thought England were abysmal to be honest...Parker was constantly out of position and he never controlled the midfield like he does with Spurs...England were far too deep all match long and they didn't press high up the pitch as they should have...England lacked the movement and the creativity to play without a Target Man in attack.

Overall, if England play like this in the Euros they won't make it out of the 1st round
You mean he didn't show why he is England's leading man?!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/feb/29/scott-parker-england-captain