Author Topic: Robbie Fowler looks to go into management  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Liver4pool Rubberbandit

• Anny Roader
  • To be trusted is a greater compliment than loved
Robbie Fowler looks to go into management
« on: April 15, 2011, 10:36:29 pm »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bury/9457785.stm

Robbie Fowler targets management after playing

Fowler scored 230 goals during 14 years in English football
Ex-Liverpool and England striker Robbie Fowler has told BBC Radio Manchester he wants to end up in management.
The 35-year-old has spent the past week as part of the backroom staff at Bury and had a similar stint at MK Dons working with their forwards.
The Perth Glory frontman said: "I know you can't play forever and being a coach or manager is obviously the next step you take after playing.
"I want to stay involved in football so this is the next route."
Fowler has spent the past two seasons playing in Australia's A-League and has verbally committed to Perth for next season, but says when he does go into management he is willing to begin in the lower leagues.
"I think you're a very, very lucky man if you start right at the top," Fowler said.

"Like football starting out, you never go straight into the first team. You've got build up through the youth team, reserves and first team so I know it's going to be difficult but it's a challenge I want to take.
"I know this is what I want to do and if you want to do it, you've got to be prepared to work for it."
The striker was in the dug-out at Gigg Lane assisting Bury's caretaker manager Richie Barker in the 1-0 win over Burton Albion and was happy to help the managerless League Two side.
"I spoke to Ryan [Lowe, Shakers striker] and obviously we know each other anyway," he said.
"It was just a case of coming down here and training and having that little bit of work experience.
"The fact me being here maybe would benefit the players or help them in anyway, so I was all for that."

In a dream world i wouldn't mind him working with kenny and then take over from kenny when he retires!!! what do ye think???

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Robbie Fowler looks to go into management
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 10:38:07 pm »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bury/9457785.stm

In a dream world i wouldn't mind him working with kenny and then take over from kenny when he retires!!! what do ye think???

I think you need read the other threads before this one
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 10:38:57 pm »
I think exactly what you said. ;D

I'd love it if he came in as part of the back-room staff here, and I'd love it even more if he was deemed good enough to  become a manger.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 10:40:34 pm »
I think you need read the other threads before this one

what are you on bout!!

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 10:41:07 pm »
I think he's a quality guy and a legend at the Club but steady on about taking over from Kenny just yet..

Offline The Jolly Boys Outing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 10:41:19 pm »
Hopefully mate ! Fowler has the right attitude, he simply loves football and wants to give something back. He has been guided the right way and has set himself up for life. Really hope he does well in working his way up the management ladder and hopefully one day coach liverpool in some capacity.
AND ARBELOAAAAA

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 10:42:04 pm »
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 11:14:56 pm »
would be the best way to go imo