Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 766777 times)

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #1880 on: May 14, 2018, 03:33:26 pm »
ACL is not 6-9 months. It's 9 months. Anything earlier than 9 months is irresponsible.

For professional athletes, 6-9 months is the range depending on the athlete and how they respond to rehab. These are professional athletes who spends hours rehabbing their injuries with the best care around. Even the NHS website mention 6 months.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/knee-ligament-surgery/recovery/

My point is that with a 6 month return date, it is more likely to be the ACL rather than the LCL, MCL or PCL but its speculation.

A friend of mine did his ACL not too long ago and they replaced his ligament with that of a cadaver.  He was saying his doctor said that it was more and more common that they use cadavers rather then taking a graft from the hamstring as the recovery is quicker. 

No idea how accurate that is by the way

The problem with cadavers as opposed to grafts from the patella tendon or hamstring is that their is a possibility the body may reject it and there may be complications and the surgery has to be done all over again and would be even longer out. But usually the recovery is less then using a graft and in theory has the least effect on the body are you aren't compromising  any other muscle groups or joints in the body.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 03:35:35 pm by LFC when it suits »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1881 on: May 14, 2018, 03:49:30 pm »
For professional athletes, 6-9 months is the range depending on the athlete and how they respond to rehab. These are professional athletes who spends hours rehabbing their injuries with the best care around. Even the NHS website mention 6 months.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/knee-ligament-surgery/recovery/

My point is that with a 6 month return date, it is more likely to be the ACL rather than the LCL, MCL or PCL but its speculation.

Elite athletes or not the biological changes to an ACL graft do not differ and MRI studies show that the new ACL fibres are still immature in the graft at 6 months post-op and vulnerable to injury. Peer reviewed studies also show that there is a 50% reduction in reinjury for each month you delay return to play/sport between 6 and 9 months. It's irresponsible to bring anyone back to contact sport prior to 6 months.. 6 months is the return to non-contact sports. 9 months is the return to contact sports. There's a growing body of evidence to suggest that 9 months is too early as well, especially seeing as the rate of ACL reinjury as sky high.

6 months could be anything. It could be LCL but unlikely. It could be quite a big meniscal repair. It could be a posterolateral corner injury as these typically return approximately 6 months after surgery. What it likely isn't is ACL or PCL, if it is then Ox is returning from February onwards next year, not November this year.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 04:13:39 pm by Welshred »

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1882 on: May 14, 2018, 03:54:04 pm »
Elite athletes or not the biological changes to an ACL graft do not differ and MRI studies show that the new ACL fibres are still immature in the graft at 6 months post-op and vulnerable to injury. Peer reviewed studies also show that there is a 50% reduction in reinjury for each month you delay return to play/sport between 6 and 9 months. It's irresponsible to bring anyone back to contact sport prior to 6 months.. 6 months is the return to non-contact sports. 9 months is the return to contact sports. There's a growing body of evidence to suggest that 9 months is too early as well, especially seeing as the rate of ACL reinjury as sky high.

6 months could be anything. It could be LCL but unlikely. It could be quite a big meniscal repair. It could be a posterolateral corner injury as these typically return approximately 6 months after surgery. What it likely is ACL or PCL, if it is then Ox is returning from February onwards next year, not November this year.
I genuinely don't know why you wasted your time studying medicine mate. Google has made your job redundant! Although I can't laugh, translators and transcribers are even more redundant :(
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1883 on: May 14, 2018, 04:10:59 pm »
Well, this is all a bit shit.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1884 on: May 14, 2018, 04:11:30 pm »

6 months could be anything. It could be LCL but unlikely. It could be quite a big meniscal repair. It could be a posterolateral corner injury as these typically return approximately 6 months after surgery. What it likely is ACL or PCL, if it is then Ox is returning from February onwards next year, not November this year.

...aka, now go get your fucking shinebox  :thumbup

Love reading your posts, fascinating even though I have no idea what most of the body parts mentioned are.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1885 on: May 14, 2018, 04:15:28 pm »
...aka, now go get your fucking shinebox  :thumbup

Love reading your posts, fascinating even though I have no idea what most of the body parts mentioned are.

No problem, happy to help where I can but I do stress that this is all conjecture based on the timelines they've set out and my clinical experience. I have absolutely no idea what the actual injury is but can give educated guesses.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1886 on: May 14, 2018, 05:46:37 pm »

6 months could be anything. It could be LCL but unlikely. It could be quite a big meniscal repair. It could be a posterolateral corner injury as these typically return approximately 6 months after surgery. What it likely isn't is ACL or PCL, if it is then Ox is returning from February onwards next year, not November this year.

Fair enough. Lets hope your are correct and it isn't his ACL.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #1887 on: May 14, 2018, 06:09:40 pm »
If we don't learn anything from this season (and I won't be surprised if that's the case) then Ox's injury is not a problem at all, because we have Lallana to play until Ox returns.

In January if PSG offer us silly money like 120 million euros for 30-year-old Lallana, we'd probably let him go cos Ox would be back then. He will pull us through for the Champions League KO rounds, and in the following season we could look for a Lallana replacement when the market is bigger.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1888 on: May 14, 2018, 06:14:27 pm »
If we don't learn anything from this season (and I won't be surprised if that's the case) then Ox's injury is not a problem at all, because we have Lallana to play until Ox returns.

In January if PSG offer us silly money like 120 million euros for 30-year-old Lallana, we'd probably let him go cos Ox would be back then. He will pull us through for the Champions League KO rounds, and in the following season we could look for a Lallana replacement when the market is bigger.

Ace, I'd have their hands off for £120 million for Lallana. Any genuine links?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1889 on: May 14, 2018, 07:49:27 pm »
Anyone seen that tweet doing the rounds that he sorted the lad and dad he gave his shirt to at the city game tickets for the final? Fucking quality that.

Saw it on Facebook there...top, top lad is Ox!!!

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1890 on: May 14, 2018, 07:55:41 pm »

When you say return in Feb, is that to the team or to proper training? With this kind of lay off players usually take a few months at least to get back up to speed especially if they’ve missed pre-season.
He’ll probably just be getting back to his best as the season ends, so I don’t think we should judge him too harshly if we don’t see the best of him until the 19/20 season now.

Just hope he can get back to the same level as he really was starting to look a player.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1891 on: May 14, 2018, 07:58:01 pm »
That should be to training. 9 months post-op is the current recommended marker for return to full contact sport for ACL repair.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1892 on: May 14, 2018, 09:53:41 pm »
What a rubbish injury for him. We won't get him back to where he was for a good long while - much more than six months typically even if he's back training and playing.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #1893 on: May 14, 2018, 10:13:16 pm »
Anyone seen that tweet doing the rounds that he sorted the lad and dad he gave his shirt to at the city game tickets for the final? Fucking quality that.

Just seen it, absolute class from him at a time when he must be feeling pretty low himself.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1894 on: May 14, 2018, 11:06:44 pm »

Dammit. I think I've got a bit of a man-crush.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1895 on: May 14, 2018, 11:13:22 pm »
He's a good'un. Regardless of what happens in Kiev, he will be considered one of the main reasons that we are there. The moment his thunderbolt hit the back of the net against City, something changed for me anyway. Felt like we were on the verge of something.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1896 on: May 14, 2018, 11:26:35 pm »
I still feel gutted that he's not going to be playing in the final.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1897 on: May 14, 2018, 11:38:54 pm »
I guess from everything I've read on this thread and in general that we'll probably see him eased into the side at the earliest next year, maybe late January or early February. As to when he might return to the form he showed pre-injury, well that could maybe even be the start of the 2019/20 season.

Good thing we have Lallana coming back to fitness and have Keita coming in, with possibly other recruitments in the summer as well. Gutted for the Ox, but that's just how it is.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1898 on: May 15, 2018, 09:38:09 am »
Think the way to think of him next season will be as a set of fresh legs when people start to drop towards the tail-end of the season. This season we could've killed for a fresh set of legs in the middle at the business end of the season. Maybe Ox has help push us over the line for a high league finish or another cup run.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1899 on: May 15, 2018, 09:39:15 am »
Think the way to think of him next season will be as a set of fresh legs when people start to drop towards the tail-end of the season. This season we could've killed for a fresh set of legs in the middle at the business end of the season. Maybe Ox has help push us over the line for a high league finish or another cup run.

Hopefully he'll have a massive impact on us when he returns.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1900 on: May 15, 2018, 09:45:48 am »
Let’s hope we strengthen the midfield further rather than muddle through to January

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1901 on: May 15, 2018, 09:57:04 am »
Let’s hope we strengthen the midfield further rather than muddle through to January

Keita is incoming and I'm sure Klopp will look to bring further players in as well.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #1902 on: May 15, 2018, 10:01:17 am »
Full fitness for him will be January I reckon, as in he can start and play 90 mins... gutted for him, he was doing so well but these things have to be managed very carefully, come back too early and boom, injury again.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1903 on: May 15, 2018, 10:58:32 am »
This is gutting for a lad who seemed to have finally put his injury woes behind him.  Even a six month layoff will likely not see him back to his best until towards the end of next season.  Lad's been an absolute revelation since he joined us.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1904 on: May 15, 2018, 11:09:22 am »
I think Lallana will be his "replacement", whether he is the same player anymore or not. Can't really see us signing Keita and another midfielder for some reason.

Then you'd have: Henderson, Milner, Gini, Lallana, Ox, Keita when all are fit for 3 positions (assuming Can goes). Which seems enough?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1905 on: May 15, 2018, 11:12:15 am »
I think Lallana will be his "replacement", whether he is the same player anymore or not. Can't really see us signing Keita and another midfielder for some reason.

Then you'd have: Henderson, Milner, Gini, Lallana, Ox, Keita when all are fit for 3 positions (assuming Can goes). Which seems enough?

Well Ox is out, so it then becomes 5 into 3. Two of those 5 have experienced long term injury issues during the last few seasons, with one of them (Lallana) approaching Sturridge levels of unreliability. One of those 5 turns 33 next season too.

We almost certainly need another midfielder. Think we did before Ox was ruled out for so long and even more so now.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1906 on: May 15, 2018, 11:14:31 am »

would be madness though wouldn't it not getting another midfielder with can leaving , phil gone, OX out till probably January (in terms of full form and fitness), lallana picking up all the injuries lately, Milner being a year older etc

PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Online Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #1907 on: May 15, 2018, 11:14:56 am »
Side tracking a bit here, and I don't mean to be rude but...what is up with english players and injuries? Ox, Lallana, Clyne, Gomez and even Henderson are so prone to lengthy spells on the sideline. Is there a probable cause behind this or just mere coincidence? 

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #1908 on: May 15, 2018, 11:30:06 am »

Craig's reply gives you a good reason why. But ultimately you need to look at those players in terms of roles and likely availability as depth changes when you do so.

We have Henderson as the only player in the group who plays the #6 role. He has had fitness problems since Klopp arrived and, while #6 is his best role in Klopp's system, he is far from being ideally suited to it and is a clear area we could upgrade. Gini has played there a handful of times as an emergency option. It's doubtful that we lose a starting option here in this role and don't replace him.

We have Keita and Lallana as the only two players who offers high level penetration centrally - to link and create for the forwards. Lallana has barely kicked a ball competitively in a year. Keita is a new signing and is likely seen more as 1st choice as the supporting #8 rather than the hybrid #10 role. Plus we were already looking at Lemar last season - a player who shone in this role for Caen & France.

So while listing all the midfielders the club has gives the illusion of good depth, in reality there are 3 distinct roles in midfield and we look a body short in two of them, hence why our midfield has been dysfunctional for most of the season and is certainly the area we will likely see the most movement this summer and also the area where the biggest gains can be made.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1909 on: May 15, 2018, 11:46:18 am »
Craig's reply gives you a good reason why. But ultimately you need to look at those players in terms of roles and likely availability as depth changes when you do so.

We have Henderson as the only player in the group who plays the #6 role. He has had fitness problems since Klopp arrived and, while #6 is his best role in Klopp's system, he is far from being ideally suited to it and is a clear area we could upgrade. Gini has played there a handful of times as an emergency option. It's doubtful that we lose a starting option here in this role and don't replace him.

We have Keita and Lallana as the only two players who offers high level penetration centrally - to link and create for the forwards. Lallana has barely kicked a ball competitively in a year. Keita is a new signing and is likely seen more as 1st choice as the supporting #8 rather than the hybrid #10 role. Plus we were already looking at Lemar last season - a player who shone in this role for Caen & France.

So while listing all the midfielders the club has gives the illusion of good depth, in reality there are 3 distinct roles in midfield and we look a body short in two of them, hence why our midfield has been dysfunctional for most of the season and is certainly the area we will likely see the most movement this summer and also the area where the biggest gains can be made.

Caen?   ???
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #1910 on: May 15, 2018, 11:52:42 am »

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #1911 on: May 15, 2018, 11:58:49 am »
Caen?   ???
Yeah, he's been used more as a wide player for Monaco and in more recent appearances for France, but his break out season was with Caen playing mostly as an #8/#10 similar to how Lallana & Chamberlain have been for us.

He (or someone like him) will likely be signed to offer both depth for Chamberlain/Lallana and in the wide areas.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1912 on: May 15, 2018, 12:03:39 pm »

It'll be interesting to see what happens for sure, personally I can only see us signing one midfielder (other than Keita) to rotate with Henderson. I don't see Klopp being ruthless with the likes of Lallana and Milner, instead we'll consider the group of Gini/Ox/Keita/Milner/Lallana enough for the two roles ahead of the #6 and bet on Lallana getting over his issues and AoC coming back to reinforce us in the new year.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1913 on: May 15, 2018, 12:05:20 pm »

That would be negligent, given Lallana's fitness issues and the inevitability that age/injuries will be taking their toll. Especially considering the amount of energy required to make this system work.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #1914 on: May 15, 2018, 12:47:56 pm »
He's a good'un. Regardless of what happens in Kiev, he will be considered one of the main reasons that we are there. The moment his thunderbolt hit the back of the net against City, something changed for me anyway. Felt like we were on the verge of something.

Goal of the season for me in everything it signifies.
JFT97

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1915 on: May 15, 2018, 12:57:56 pm »
Yeah, he's been used more as a wide player for Monaco and in more recent appearances for France, but his break out season was with Caen playing mostly as an #8/#10 similar to how Lallana & Chamberlain have been for us.

He (or someone like him) will likely be signed to offer both depth for Chamberlain/Lallana and in the wide areas.

Ah - didn't realise that. Everyday is a school day! :)
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1916 on: May 15, 2018, 02:05:25 pm »
That would be negligent, given Lallana's fitness issues and the inevitability that age/injuries will be taking their toll. Especially considering the amount of energy required to make this system work.

I thought it was negligent at the time not signing a Coutinho replacement, as well as not having a backup plan to not getting Van Dijk in the summer.

Not saying that we shouldn't buy another midfielder, I think it is needed if only just to improve quality, nevermind to add to the options. But I am unconvinced on the club going that route. We will see.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #1917 on: May 15, 2018, 02:12:36 pm »
I thought it was negligent at the time not signing a Coutinho replacement, as well as not having a backup plan to not getting Van Dijk in the summer.

Not saying that we shouldn't buy another midfielder, I think it is needed if only just to improve quality, nevermind to add to the options. But I am unconvinced on the club going that route. We will see.
Surely, if anything, the VVD transfer should be a good example of why we were right to wait for the ideal player to suit our needs rather than just working through a list of whoever is available for transfer at a particular moment in time?

Online Malcolm Night

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1918 on: May 15, 2018, 02:29:53 pm »
Gutted that he's missing the final, knee injuries always seem to come at the most unfortunate times for our players. At least a large chunk of this injury is over the summer break so we can hopefully get him back fully fit before the festive period part of next season.

Could also add Grujic who has had a great season at Cardiff to that list, albeit in a slightly different role to Ox. I think adding another attacking player who can play in both midfield or as winger/attacker would be a good idea though due to the uncertainty as to how Lallana will play after all these injuries and the fact we have barely any cover for Mane or Salah, but you could be right.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #1919 on: May 15, 2018, 02:31:59 pm »
Gutted that he's missing the final, knee injuries always seem to come at the most unfortunate times for our players. At least a large chunk of this injury is over the summer break so we can hopefully get him back fully fit before the festive part of next season.

Could also add Grujic who has had a great season at Cardiff to that list, albeit in a slightly different role to Ox. I think adding another attacking player who can play in both midfield or as winger/attacker would be a good idea though due to the uncertainty as to how Lallana will play after all these injuries and the fact we have barely any cover for Mane or Salah, but you could be right.
Grujic is more likely the Can replacement in the squad, if anything. He was being groomed for the role in the U23 this season and from what I hear, we targeted Championship clubs willing to use him there for a loan.