Author Topic: PL: Fulham 1 vs 3 Liverpool 33’ TAA 45+2’Castagne Grav 53’ Jota 73’  (Read 12778 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Fulham v Liverpool
21st April 2024, 16:30h
Craven Cottage

Referee: Craig Pawson
Assistants: Marc Perry, Wade Smith, Fourth official: Sam Allison
VAR: Tony Harrington, Assistant VAR: Richard West

Hope was the Atalanta game will deliver a response to the game against United.
Then the hope was the Palace game will bring that reply to the loss against Atalanta.
After that we hoped Atalanta game last night will be the reply to the loss against Palace.

It wasn't. None of them. Not in terms of results at least. Against Palace we played the best game - but were desperately unlucky not to score. Which seems to have further dented our confidence. There are some positives to pick from what looks like a desperate mess, but I think we can safely say now there will be no instant turnaround of form. Cavalry is back, but they rode for weeks and are in no state to fully join the charge just yet. The rest of the team looks appropriately tired and things are about to get harder. Lot harder.

We continue this week from hell with a trip to Craven Cottage. First in a quickfire series of three away PL games. Forget about United and Palace. This was always going to be the week to determine where we end up. If we were playing out of our skin and scoring for fun - this would still be the week where we could lose points, lot of them. The fact we aren't scoring at all makes it much harder, but really, it was always going to be hard. Weeks like these are all about building up steam. Find a way to win the first and you get that bit of confidence for the second, and so on. But it all starts with Fulham and it can all be over there too.

Safely in the middle of the table, Fulham are now mostly playing to impress the manager. They are very much in the 'on the beach' part of the season, only for us this beach will probably feel more like shores of Normandy in 1940's, than the soft sands of exotic islands. They are rested, unburdened by expectations or table pressure and will look to entertain the home crowd. Marco Silva has demonstrated this season that he is no mug. He will have a plan to both frustrate us and exploit our weaknesses. And yes, we have better players who should be able to match anything they do, but boy-oh-boy does that not count for much right now. Our biggest enemy at the moment is living in our heads. It's the burden of expectation not to let this slip, not to let Klopp's time fizzle out, not to lose it all in such ordinary way. We're playing all upcoming games at once every time we step out on to the pitch.

So for this game, if we could maybe just reduce the scope of our ambition, that would be nice. I don't want Liverpool to go out there and mount a rousing defence of Klopp's legacy, or look to right all the wrongs from previous games. Just play a simple game of football, play only for each other, look after your teammates, support them and try to have some fun. Leave the burden of expectation in the dressing room. It isn't going anywhere because you play for Liverpool. Yo might as well ignore it for now, take a rest from carrying it all the time.

It's just one game, against Fulham.
Play this game, minute by minute.
Be in it, not in it's aftermath. 

« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 06:03:53 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Fulham vs Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 03:31:55 pm »

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024, 03:32:30 pm »
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 04:30:31 pm »
0 under way at the cottage.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2024, 04:32:49 pm »
2 lots of early possession for the reds, the army long diagonal to Diaz on the right is clearly a tactic

Jota wins a corner
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2024, 04:33:42 pm »
3. Short, to Elliot. Then player out to TAA and what a fucking cross that is.

Diaz just puts his header wide.
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2024, 04:34:08 pm »
Has to score
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2024, 04:34:37 pm »
A good start, on the front foot, looking dangerous. Let’s build on it reds
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2024, 04:34:39 pm »
We've started okay, keep this up Reds.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2024, 04:34:52 pm »
Might have been stretching a bit but should have scored
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2024, 04:38:24 pm »
8 long ball into the area, Diaz brings it down and they manage to clear it. We win a corner in the follow up

Cleared
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2024, 04:41:31 pm »
11 Gravenberch with a lovely blind side turn to beat his man without the ball, plays a diagonal to the right which is just ahead of of Diaz.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2024, 04:42:09 pm »
12 comer to them.

Endo heads clear
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2024, 04:42:44 pm »
11 Gravenberch with a lovely blind side turn to beat his man without the ball, plays a diagonal to the right which is just ahead of of Diaz.

Lovely bit of play from Grav, need a bit more of that.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2024, 04:43:29 pm »
13 wide freekick to them

A Fulham foot meets it, I think they block their own shot
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2024, 04:45:57 pm »
Over to Jill
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2024, 04:46:59 pm »
16 We have moved the ball noticeably better today, the likes of Trent really coming into his passing and I think Grav has looked good so far.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2024, 04:48:35 pm »
17 Trent pinched the ball really well there, sent a fast knock on towards Diaz who crossed it and as Gakpo went to head it, he got a nudge in the box.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2024, 04:50:05 pm »
19 Fulham coming into it a little bit, without really threatening so far.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2024, 04:51:31 pm »
20 A bit of sloppiness from both teams there as various players passed it to the opposition!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2024, 04:52:56 pm »
21 Oh Diogo, you should have scored. A lovely pass by Trent puts Jota in but he sends it fractions wide.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2024, 04:54:07 pm »
Diaz looking dangerous so far. Diogo not quite with it yet wasn’t quite set for that ball from Luis

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2024, 04:55:07 pm »
24 Fulham get a shot at goal after we were a bit too casual in defence, but the shot is straight at Alisson.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2024, 04:56:24 pm »
Not especially flexing, but I thought we would really struggle.  We’re actually playing way better than I expected.  Low expectations I’m afraid!
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2024, 04:56:40 pm »
25 I feel we need to be a bit more patient in our approach play, we are tossing to many balls long at the moment. Making it too easy for Fulham.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2024, 04:58:44 pm »
27 We get a free kick in a promising position. But Elliot wastes it just hits the wall and they clear easily.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2024, 04:59:15 pm »
Not especially flexing, but I thought we would really struggle.  We’re actually playing way better than I expected.  Low expectations I’m afraid!
Same old really with the exception of not conceding an early goal. Loads of possession and absolutely no threat in the box.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2024, 04:59:40 pm »
27 We get a free kick in a promising position. But Elliot wastes it just hits the wall and they clear easily.
Disappointing effort. Not sure why Trent didn’t take it looked like a perfect position for him

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2024, 05:00:04 pm »
Disappointing effort. Not sure why Trent didn’t take it looked like a perfect position for him
Surely he takes this one

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2024, 05:00:09 pm »
think he was going under the wall there.  Didn’t have a man on the ground
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2024, 05:00:25 pm »
29 Jota is currently down after a back tackle, we have a free kick though.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2024, 05:00:30 pm »
Same old really with the exception of not conceding an early goal. Loads of possession and absolutely no threat in the box.
we aren't really creating any clear-cut chances either which is even more worrying

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2024, 05:01:56 pm »
Wow

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2024, 05:01:57 pm »
Fuck me. 
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2024, 05:02:09 pm »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2024, 05:02:10 pm »
You’d need two keepers to save that
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2024, 05:02:32 pm »
31 Get innn. Trent beautifully puts the ball in from the free kick. It took two minutes to arrange that free kick to be taken. 0-1.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Fulham 0 vs 1 Liverpool 33’ TAA
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2024, 05:03:00 pm »
31 Over to Sir Bob.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2024, 05:03:37 pm »
The scouser in our team
The scouser in our team

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2024, 05:03:58 pm »
Great strike, Leno too far to the one side of the goal but a brilliant strike to get it up and over the wall