Author Topic: Liverpool confirm decision to redevelop Anfield  (Read 484426 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Liverpool confirm decision to redevelop Anfield
« Reply #2760 on: June 30, 2013, 01:28:29 pm »
It's got to do with the fact you said it would cost them a min of £93k to buy a new house when only getting £60k - yet it was just shown they could get one for within the amount they are getting without issue.

Are you for real mate I said nothing of the sort I made it crystal clear I was talking about the Parks houses that are selling for 93-145k. As for the residents getting 60k one of them spoke the other day and said the Council had found them an identical house except it costs 80k and they have to find 20k in equity. Funny how you don't want to talk about the net loss of housing in the area though Craig which is funny because you keep talking about the regen having to be self sustaining without an expansion of Anfield.

Well how is that going to work with there being less houses and less residents to support the retail element. If they haven't survived in the past how will they survive with less houses.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2761 on: June 30, 2013, 01:31:26 pm »
Is or is not the outcome a revitalised area, a better place to live, lack of boarded up and vandalised houses, new green spaces, new housing, new businesses, new employment opportunities, etc?

I'd call that regeneration personally. It may not be replacing like for like both the amount/style/cost of housing that was there, but I wouldn't say that means it is not regeneration personally.

The scheme offers absolutely no new Housing in fact it's the opposite there is net loss of housing.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2762 on: June 30, 2013, 01:33:05 pm »
Are you for real mate I said nothing of the sort I made it crystal clear I was talking about the Parks houses that are selling for 93-145k. As for the residents getting 60k one of them spoke the other day and said the Council had found them an identical house except it costs 80k and they have to find 20k in equity. Funny how you don't want to talk about the net loss of housing in the area though Craig which is funny because you keep talking about the regen having to be self sustaining without an expansion of Anfield.

Well how is that going to work with there being less houses and less residents to support the retail element. If they haven't survived in the past how will they survive with less houses.

So the residents are being forced to sell there houses for 60k and to buy a 2 bedroom town house across the road it would cost them a minimum of 93k.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2763 on: June 30, 2013, 01:33:45 pm »
The scheme offers absolutely no new Housing in fact it's the opposite there is net loss of housing.

Compared to streets and streets of boarded up and not fit to live in housing it is certainly not a net loss of housing.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2764 on: June 30, 2013, 01:41:13 pm »
Compared to streets and streets of boarded up and not fit to live in housing it is certainly not a net loss of housing.

The regeneration plan offers no new housing whatsoever NONE a big fat zero yet it includes knocking down 90 houses and turning them into a Yawkey way. That is a quite clearly a loss of housing in exchange for a bit of land for the Club to sell tat from once a fortnight.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2765 on: June 30, 2013, 01:44:23 pm »
The regeneration plan offers no new housing whatsoever NONE a big fat zero yet it includes knocking down 90 houses and turning them into a Yawkey way. That is a quite clearly a loss of housing in exchange for a bit of land for the Club to sell tat from once a fortnight.

It offers modern day housing fit for today's standards compared to currently tinned up, vandalised and basically not fit for purpose housing.

Your point would stand if they were knocking down habitable houses, but they aren't.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #2766 on: June 30, 2013, 01:45:58 pm »
I will just outline my position then.

The Anfield project provides absolutely no new houses or refurbishment of any houses. Those schemes were happening anyway namely the Anfield Village scheme and the Parks private housing scheme. In regards to housing all that is new is the demolition of 90 houses to provide LFC with a Yawkey way next to the ground.

So basically it is regeneration scheme that involves less housing, the demolition of the HJC shop and the rest of that block and then extremely vague promises about maybees. Demolition it's the new regeneration.

I will bow out now because it is getting a bit pointless to be honest.

Yeah.

You know none of this is true. I'm not going to bother going to the trouble of finding the quotes where you've contradicted yourself again, or the parts of the regeneration scheme that show you're making stuff up, or the explanations of what happened to the previous schemes, because as I say, there's no point, you'll just change position again, or try to change the subject altogether (Traffic again? Men from Mars? Who fucking knows?)

You're a troll and you  know it.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2768 on: June 30, 2013, 02:42:12 pm »
It offers modern day housing fit for today's standards compared to currently tinned up, vandalised and basically not fit for purpose housing.

Your point would stand if they were knocking down habitable houses, but they aren't.

There are people living as we speak in both Lothair and Alroy as well as Anfield Rd so my point stands.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2769 on: June 30, 2013, 02:46:40 pm »
There are people living as we speak in both Lothair and Alroy as well as Anfield Rd so my point stands.

Yes in a few of them, but we both know the rest are fucked and unrealistic to fix up due to cost, therefore are not part of the current housing stock.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2770 on: June 30, 2013, 03:09:07 pm »
The only government funding available is the ten million grant from the empty homes fund which is precisely for the purpose of bringing fucked houses back into the nations housing stock. The major requirements is that the houses have to of been empty for two years and that it wouldn't be viable to refurb them without the grant. Even if that doesn't happen in a time of housing crisis habitated houses need to be replaced with other houses.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #2771 on: June 30, 2013, 03:51:09 pm »
It's called the Ayre hokey cokey mate.

I didn't ask Ayre the question - I asked you.  You made two posts...  Here they are again for you:

How can there possibly be honest and open consultation without the club giving an indication of whether they will expand or not.

Why is Liverpool's name all over the Anfield-Project website it's crest used in the document yet when it comes to consultation Liverpool's well known plans to expand are completely ignored. Why are residents asked for their opinion on say the possibility of a hotel but not asked about the possibility of a ground expansion.

YOU made the statements, both of which contradict each other.  On the one hand, you're saying the club doesn't state whether they are going to expand (they announced expanding Anfield being their preferred option) and then you claim that the plans are 'well known' (rather like Craig's post where you deny claiming the properties were worth £93k)

So, which is it?

To help you, on the first page, this is quoted:

Liverpool's part in that is not just the consideration of staying at Anfield and the expansion, it's a whole bunch of other initiatives that we'll work together with the other stakeholders on, so it's that coming together on the bigger initiative that's allowed us to get to today.

Pretty clear, I'd think.  In fact, the statements on the first page all relate to expanding Anfield.  It's hardly a cloak and dagger affair.

And I did double check, you still can't get planning permission without submitting plans publicly.  So whatever the club decides to do, it can't be snuck in the back door without consultation.  That's the point of the planning process.
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2772 on: June 30, 2013, 04:08:24 pm »
The above is an example of open and honest consultation over a development, you show outline plans, show images of what it will look like, you show the benefits and you ask for peoples opinions. What you don't do is refuse to say what you are going to build, what it will look like or even if you will build it and then call it consultation. How can people possibly give their opinion without seeing outline plans, images or being given any information whatsoever.

The example is of a pre-planning consultation. It's a completely different stage to the Anfield regeneration project. Once again you're showing that you clearly don't understand the consultation and planning process. 

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2773 on: June 30, 2013, 04:09:03 pm »
Locked - this has become pointless and irrelevant.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2774 on: June 30, 2013, 04:16:28 pm »
The bit I can't work out is how they don't know what they are going to build but they know it's gonna cost £150m.

We'll park it on this. Anyone who actually understands construction would be able to work it out because it's what we do all the time. If you don't understand you really shouldn't be commenting.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)