Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1413391 times)

Offline seal75

• Kopite
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #6040 on: February 24, 2019, 04:33:12 pm »
We are feeling the pressure and have no clue how to deal with it.
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6041 on: February 24, 2019, 04:33:35 pm »
As long as it’s still in our hands.

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #6042 on: February 24, 2019, 04:34:07 pm »
True, but there are positives. Tonight was the hardest match left on program.
Keita has been looking much better lately, and the defense as well.

On program perhaps. But in game? Nah. They were shit.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #6043 on: February 24, 2019, 04:38:43 pm »
If you were given a sneak pre-season preview of the league table after 27 games, you’d be very happy with what you seen. So let’s just draw a line under our little blip, and twat everyone off the park for the rest of the season. Then we’ll have a look where we are.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #6044 on: February 24, 2019, 04:39:07 pm »
We will just have to win all our remaining games now then, innit.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6045 on: February 24, 2019, 04:43:45 pm »
Beat Watford. Looking at anything past that is futile.

Firmino unlikely to play it looks like, so move Salah centrally play Shaqiri, play Keita, play Trent. Get the job done

Offline heroes123

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6046 on: February 24, 2019, 04:46:15 pm »
thankyou for the january break n thankyou for the dubai holiday. its been sweet  this is better than newcastle.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #6047 on: February 24, 2019, 04:49:30 pm »
We will just have to win all our remaining games now then, innit.

Pretty much.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #6048 on: February 24, 2019, 04:49:36 pm »
Lack of cup games has killed our rhythm and momentum. And I think that will be the deciding factor, which unfortunately is what City seem to have in abundance currently.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6049 on: February 24, 2019, 04:50:38 pm »
We have no more ground to lose now, need to fecking turn up for the rest of the games.
Believer

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6050 on: February 24, 2019, 04:50:58 pm »
Lack of cup games has killed our rhythm and momentum. And I think that will be the deciding factor, which unfortunately is what City seem to have in abundance currently.

They got piss easy draws in all of the cups they're in along with abundance of quality within the side. So we can't compare.

Someone will mention Spurs, and they just lost to Burnley.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6051 on: February 24, 2019, 04:53:26 pm »
We went on a 13 game winning run in 13/14. That kind of run would be really good right now!

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6052 on: February 24, 2019, 04:56:18 pm »
The only game I can see City dropping points in is the Spurs game, but even then Spurs will bottle it like they usually do so it's upto us to win all 11 games remaining. The only difficult games remaining now is Spurs and Everton next week. Yes they're shite but they'll raise their game for us the twats, and their fans are utterly toxic who will create a vile atmosphere. Massive week coming up that could potentially set us up for a 1st place photo finish or allow City to overtake us and take the wheel.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6053 on: February 24, 2019, 04:56:56 pm »
We went on a 13 game winning run in 13/14. That kind of run would be really good right now!

It was 11. I'd settle for that from here on in.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #6054 on: February 24, 2019, 04:57:21 pm »

Think it's more to do with a lack of quality in depth. When our attacking players are out of form, as they have been for a while, the replacements are just not at a level for a title challenging side. Compare out standard bench with City's.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6055 on: February 24, 2019, 04:57:23 pm »
The biggest factor was always going be that our attacking depth was shaqiri, origi, sturridge and lallana and whether that would be good enough over a season to help us win enough games to get 90+ points. Unless you have a shit ton of money you're going to have gaps in the squad though needed to get a points total that high, or be really lucky.

Rythm/momentum/training a few days abroad isnt the issue.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6056 on: February 24, 2019, 04:58:19 pm »
The only game I can see City dropping points in is the Spurs game, but even then Spurs will bottle it like they usually do so it's upto us to win all 11 games remaining. The only difficult games remaining now is Spurs and Everton next week. Yes they're shite but they'll raise their game for us the twats, and their fans are utterly toxic who will create a vile atmosphere. Massive week coming up that could potentially set us up for a 1st place photo finish or allow City to overtake us and take the wheel.

We've recently drawn against Leicester and West Ham. We can't take any game as easy at the minute. We've been piss poor in the last 7 or 8 games .
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6057 on: February 24, 2019, 04:59:34 pm »

City are not dropping points to the big teams, they're dropping points to the smaller teams away from home and I still expect them to drop something before the end of the season.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6058 on: February 24, 2019, 05:00:03 pm »

We would have rested alot of players so not sure how accurate that is.

Offline v2krules

• Main Stander
« Reply #6059 on: February 24, 2019, 05:00:37 pm »
Things to cheer up instead of going on a rant,

1. I don't think we can play any worse than we played today :D. Mane/Salah probably had their worst game of the season. So it can only get better.  And we are still top of the table even after today's abject performance. Oddly enough, the lack of urgency has been a constant against all our top 6 away performance this season. We were playing for a draw. It didn't bother us in the past because we were winning the Leicester's and West Hams handsomely. So I don't think we are going to go on a downward spiral after this performance. Imagine a loss at OT with one of our better performances; that would have been more damaging. This will be more of Klopp giving an earful saying we didn't fucking play 1/10th of our usual.

3. This was our toughest away game for the season. Out of the way with a point gained than 2 lost.

4. Without Firmino our front 3 were getting hoofballs from Matip and Milner. Zero link up Play. That Firmino injury turned out to be very bad for us.On top of it Mane had a stinker this game. Don't think this will be a constant theme.  We are likely to have Shaq back and even Ox in full strength for the final run in. We don't have to rely on Firmino as much if those 2 are back. Provides flexibility in the way we play with either of them in the team.

5. Finally, we are ahead of Man City with 1 point. Am certain City are not going to win all their games. So its just as hard for them as it is for us and now with our injured players returning, we are likely to get back to our pre-injury form.

BELIEVE Boys ITs NOT OVER YET

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #6060 on: February 24, 2019, 05:03:31 pm »
We would have rested alot of players so not sure how accurate that is.

It’s not accurate. Robbo, mane, Bob, mo, all look gassed. They wouldn’t have played.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6061 on: February 24, 2019, 05:05:01 pm »

did you see them dropping points against Newcastle?

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #6062 on: February 24, 2019, 05:55:19 pm »
did you see them dropping points against Newcastle?

I can’t see either team winning 11/11
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline jack witham

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6063 on: February 24, 2019, 05:58:06 pm »
Doubters into Believers thats what the man said.
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6064 on: February 24, 2019, 06:11:18 pm »
Surprised (probably shouldn’t be) at how negative it is in here.

We’re not playing well but that was an important point today. Yes they were there for the taking and we couldn’t do it but was as important not to lose and they still had a threat on the counter we couldn’t completely ignore.

Obviously we need to beat Watford. Let’s do that and then see where we are and what’s needed. No point tieing ourselves in knots about needing to win 11 in a row from here.

Offline Babelcopter

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #6065 on: February 24, 2019, 06:13:16 pm »
The fact we're still top after the recent run of form shows just how well the team did up until January. We've definitely got the capability within the squad and just need to reignite the attacking spark for the run in, the defence is looking assured.

Depending on the Firmino injury outcome for Wednesday Salah central with Shaqiri on the wing could be an option than fits with our playing ethos more than Sturridge or Origi up top. Hazard is playing a similar role in the League cup final and doing fairly well, a different challenge might help to get a bit more out of Salah who seems to be in a temporary rut.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #6066 on: February 24, 2019, 06:25:18 pm »
Fernandinho limping off holding his groin could yet be the most significant thing to happen in the title race today

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #6067 on: February 24, 2019, 06:25:48 pm »
I think our only saving grace is City getting as far as they can in the Champions League. Not because they'll tire with a few extra games, but because they'll want it more than the league. If they actually draw a top class side it won't be easy pickings for them. They might take one eye off the league in between quarter/semi final legs in the CL and perhaps drop points in the league. If they're up against it or behind after a first leg, Guardiola may even rest a few players. It's unlikely, but you never know.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6068 on: February 24, 2019, 06:25:58 pm »
Laporte off early too, those additional games for City might be catching up with them now.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #6069 on: February 24, 2019, 06:26:40 pm »
Title still in our hands. Just.
11 games. We just need to match City's results 11 times in league and we champions.

Offline aoaaron

• Clueless
  • Kopite
« Reply #6070 on: February 24, 2019, 06:26:43 pm »
I think our only saving grace is City getting as far as they can in the Champions League. Not because they'll tire with a few extra games, but because they'll want it more than the league. If they actually draw a top class side it won't be easy pickings for them. They might take one eye off the league in between quarter/semi final legs in the CL and perhaps drop points in the league. If they're up against it or behind after a first leg, Guardiola may even rest a few players. It's unlikely, but you never know.

The further they go in the champions league, the even more confident they'll be in their league performances. A thrashing in the champions league is probably more likely to result in City having a downturn in results.

Sadly all of City's hard games are pretty much done. We still have some difficult fixtures. Not winning today is a big miss given United's injury issues and lineup. Everytime this season where we had a chance to really stretch the gap, we've failed to.

City clearly have more experience and are less likely to bottle it in the final five games, which sadly is what its looking to come down to.

Offline indikopite

• Boys Pen
« Reply #6071 on: February 24, 2019, 06:28:06 pm »
Klopp is a smart man.  He came for the draw at Old Trafford.  Once bitten, twice shy.  Didn't want a repeat of last season.   

1 point ahead, with the knowledge that other than Chelsea, we can take every other team we have left to play head on and be confident of a win.  This is a long race motherfuckers and it will go down to the wire.   

Offline aoaaron

• Clueless
  • Kopite
« Reply #6072 on: February 24, 2019, 06:29:40 pm »
Klopp is a smart man.  He came for the draw at Old Trafford.  Once bitten, twice shy.  Didn't want a repeat of last season.   

1 point ahead, with the knowledge that other than Chelsea, we can take every other team we have left to play head on and be confident of a win.  This is a long race motherfuckers and it will go down to the wire.

We still have Everton away, Spurs at home and Chelsea at home which are games I personally worry about. Also Southampton away I have a bad feeling about.

City have Spurs, United and Leicester as tricky fixtures.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6073 on: February 24, 2019, 06:30:36 pm »
The further they go in the champions league, the even more confident they'll be in their league performances. A thrashing in the champions league is probably more likely to result in City having a downturn in results.

Sadly all of City's hard games are pretty much done. We still have some difficult fixtures. Not winning today is a big miss given United's injury issues and lineup. Everytime this season where we had a chance to really stretch the gap, we've failed to.

City clearly have more experience and are less likely to bottle it in the final five games, which sadly is what its looking to come down to.

How are their hard games gone and our’s aren’t? Both have Spurs at home. We have Chelsea at home, they still have to go to United. The rest are ones we’d both Mark as should win but no guarantees. They may win it from here but I wouldn’t say their run in is easier.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #6074 on: February 24, 2019, 06:30:56 pm »

Probably don’t watch the rest of the games then mate seems pointless

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #6075 on: February 24, 2019, 06:30:57 pm »

What makes Chelsea so special?

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #6076 on: February 24, 2019, 06:33:32 pm »

Nothing but they always seem to turn up at Anfield and get a result. I think the last time we beat them at home was the 4-1 in 2012. Jonjo Shelvey scored.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #6077 on: February 24, 2019, 06:34:00 pm »

Because they have good players just like Spurs and regardless of form good players can turn up.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6078 on: February 24, 2019, 06:34:23 pm »
Fernandinho limping off holding his groin could yet be the most significant thing to happen in the title race today

Let's hope they have some bad news with that injury and we have better news with Bobby's injury.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline indikopite

• Boys Pen
« Reply #6079 on: February 24, 2019, 06:35:52 pm »

Hazard (having a habit of scoring great goals against us).  And Chelsea, generally having the habit of spoiling our league title aspirations in the run in.   

Plenty of tough fixtures left, but I feel that this group will rise to the challenge and bring home the holy grail.