Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 664086 times)

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Origi, chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker
« Reply #2880 on: February 28, 2019, 11:45:54 am »
Next year we might see him and Brewster as our back up, but I'd like to see a top class forward player to add to our 3 to make 4 interchangeable maestros, sadly this pushes Studge and Origi towards the exit.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #2881 on: February 28, 2019, 01:35:13 pm »
His work rate was excellent last night. Won the ball back and blocked passing options.
Was also much more direct, running at and past people. Thought he had a good game.

My concern was that at times he ended up in spaces i wanted Robbo to go, but ironically he scored from there so what do I know.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #2882 on: February 28, 2019, 01:51:35 pm »
His work rate was excellent last night. Won the ball back and blocked passing options.
Was also much more direct, running at and past people. Thought he had a good game.

My concern was that at times he ended up in spaces i wanted Robbo to go, but ironically he scored from there so what do I know.

I'm sure Robbo will let him know ;) If he can be more spatially aware on the flank then he could be a great tool.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2883 on: February 28, 2019, 02:11:51 pm »
A confidence player. He started slowly, miscontrolling and hitting stray passes. As the match went on, he gained more confidence and hit a thierry henry like goal.

Hope he gets more valuable playing time as he gives us another dimension in attack.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #2884 on: February 28, 2019, 02:12:16 pm »
Yesterday he looked like a completely new player. He was surprisingly good on the wing and I don't mean the play with the ball, which we all know he is talented at, but the hard work off the ball and the chasing back. This guy clearly has put in the shifts on the training ground and refined his defensive side of the game, which allows Klopp to play him on the wing. Some of his actions looked a bit out of tune with the rest of the team, but can you really blame him for that when he hasn't started in months and plays outside of his normal position? If he can play 90 minutes on the wing like this, he will become a factor in this team for sure, because the front three will need breaks.

I would not be surprised if he starts against his favourite enemy Everton on Sunday. They fear him, he loves playing them, it's a perfect match for us.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #2885 on: February 28, 2019, 02:15:15 pm »
I don't think he's ever quite going to be what we need - his performance last night is as good as I've seen from him in a long time and still wouldn't be good enough to get ahead of our 4 other attackers on merit - BUT he has been very professional and absolutely given everything he's got in the little he's been called upon. The upshot of which is that he's had a small but genuinely very important impact on how well we've done this season. I think he will have gone into this season as something of a forgotten man, a player who'd had promise but who was looking in danger of drifting into pointlessness like Markovic has. But through his own hard-work and professionalism, he's shown himself to be a player with impressive physical qualities, an excellent attitude and a fair old hammer of a right foot. At the very least he's laid a much better foundation for his future career than he'd had going into this season.

Good on him, and I'd be delighted if he could reproduce last night's show a few more times, either starting or off the bench.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2886 on: February 28, 2019, 02:19:01 pm »
I would not be surprised if he starts against his favourite enemy Everton on Sunday. They fear him, he loves playing them, it's a perfect match for us.

There's no doubt at all that every everton fan in that ground will shit out at the mention of his name.

I don't think Bobby will be rushed back either, because we'll need him primed and ready for everything that's coming up. 
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #2887 on: February 28, 2019, 02:39:08 pm »
There's no doubt at all that every everton fan in that ground will shit out at the mention of his name.

I don't think Bobby will be rushed back either, because we'll need him primed and ready for everything that's coming up. 

Pickford's arms will shrink just at the mention of his name. Agree on Bobby, if there's any kind of doubt, he will not be in the squad or start on the bench.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #2888 on: February 28, 2019, 02:54:00 pm »
Let's not get carried away.
Watford were really poor yesterday but there is no doubt that he is above Sturridge in the pecking order.

His work rate was great out wide. He allowed Mane to go central and use his positioning which sadly Firmino can't really do unless Firmino plays as the number 10.

I think he gave us something that Shaqiri and Sturridge don't give us and it's exciting to see for the summer if we did go out and get another attacking midfielder which we were hoping for until the Fekir transfer stalled.

I'd play him Sunday. Keep Mane and Salah close to eachother.

Actually Watford have got a good away record they are no mugs,  we simply made them look poor and one defender will have nightmares after Salah finished with him.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Fernando_Torres_Was_Good

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2889 on: February 28, 2019, 05:48:08 pm »
Surely deserves to start the next match too. Firmino's been far below his best for a while now, and Origi was fantastic in the wide position. The front 3 actually looked fluid, for the first time in quite a while. Think it would be silly to mess with that.

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
He's got a real talent for being able to rifle in powerful shots without much time or space to pull his leg back. His goal against Wolves was another example of that. It would be nice to see him start against Everton.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2891 on: March 14, 2019, 10:54:52 am »
Another useful cameo for him last night.
He's been a useful option at times this season, wouldn't be against him sticking around although he may want to move on for game time.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2892 on: March 14, 2019, 11:06:09 am »
Another useful cameo for him last night.
He's been a useful option at times this season, wouldn't be against him sticking around although he may want to move on for game time.

Did rampage about the pitch quite a bit last night, didn't he?  :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #2893 on: March 14, 2019, 09:23:01 pm »
Let's be honest..
When he first started to play for us we all thought he was a bit handy. He also looked good playing for Belgium.

But now he seems to have morphed into a player who is told to just run around and press the opposition. What else does he do?
I can't remember his last memorable moment*. Unlike his rival for the substitute striker role, Sturridge, who has made some useful interventions on the pitch for us this season.

We could do with a more effective 4th choice striker next season......time for the young lads to become men? Woodburn? Brewster?

*I'm not counting that moment when Pickford decided to have a brainfart in injury time.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2894 on: March 14, 2019, 10:03:50 pm »
Let's be honest..
When he first started to play for us we all thought he was a bit handy. He also looked good playing for Belgium.

But now he seems to have morphed into a player who is told to just run around and press the opposition. What else does he do?
I can't remember his last memorable moment*. Unlike his rival for the substitute striker role, Sturridge, who has made some useful interventions on the pitch for us this season.

We could do with a more effective 4th choice striker next season......time for the young lads to become men? Woodburn? Brewster?

*I'm not counting that moment when Pickford decided to have a brainfart in injury time.

Last memorable moment- how about his run across field to find Salah who then assisted Mane for his third.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2895 on: March 14, 2019, 10:12:08 pm »
Let's be honest..

:o  How convenient.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2896 on: March 14, 2019, 11:20:56 pm »
:o  How convenient.
Nah just a fact. Pickfart made a big mistake. Open net. Luckily Divock as our most forward player capitalised on it. One in a million occurrence. Totally unpredictable.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2897 on: March 14, 2019, 11:25:02 pm »
Let's be honest..

And you're also ignoring how good he was becoming before that other toffee twat injured him.

Maybe just a brainfart on your part.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2898 on: March 14, 2019, 11:46:03 pm »
And you're also ignoring how good he was becoming before that other toffee twat injured him.

Maybe just a brainfart on your part.
Nah, I'm talking about now, i.e. recent seasons.

Funes Mori did that shithousery in 2016.

Regardless of injuries, and love of a player, stating what he brings to the team now as our current 4th choice forward.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2899 on: March 15, 2019, 12:05:02 am »

Regardless of injuries, and love of a player, stating what he brings to the team now as our current 4th choice forward.

He made a pretty big contribution last night mate, not sure if you watched the Watford game either?
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2900 on: March 15, 2019, 12:16:58 am »

How is 3 seasons ago not “recent”?

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2901 on: March 15, 2019, 12:41:24 am »
There's probably 2 separate issues with him. One is whether he can have some impact for us in the coming games. Certainly he seems to have gotten himself fit and is willing to put himself about with plenty of energy. I think he is a better option than Sturridge as I feel his energy and industry are more likely to make something happen.

The second issue is whether there's a longer term role for him at the club. I think he is at the age where he wants to be playing week in week out. He should be playing in a team playing in one of the top leagues and playing in Europe. I don't think he'll get enough regular football to remain here long term.

Wouldnt mind seeing him get some minutes at Fulham and Huddersfield to allow Mane, Salah or Firmino to get a breather.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:43:25 am by mrantarctica »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2902 on: March 15, 2019, 01:09:48 am »
Let's be honest..

Who took the ball across field and played it to Salah for Manes second?

Get that memory checked mate, his last goal wasn't even long ago, let alone his last contribution

Hope the above counts as a useful intervention this season

He's no world beater but he's had some tough times in the last few seasons for a relatively young player and still kept his head down here, not complained once and contributed when called upon. The Derby goal as fortunate as it was counts, he had to be there to finish it and no one else seemed as on their toes as Origi. Funnily enough he'll probably contribute again before the seasons finished
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 01:13:10 am by RyanBabel19 »

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2903 on: March 15, 2019, 01:16:17 am »
People see what they want to see. One poster claimed the Bayern game changed once Hendo went off, a grand total of around 14 mins he was on the pitch for. Moaning for the sake of it. Origi is 4/5th choice, he comes on for a few minutes or starts one in a dozen or so, to expect so much of him is unfair. He does a decent job and chips in with a goal or assist every now and again. Good on him, if he moves on in the summer he’ll go with many of our blessings.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2904 on: March 15, 2019, 09:15:04 am »
People see what they want to see. One poster claimed the Bayern game changed once Hendo went off, a grand total of around 14 mins he was on the pitch for. Moaning for the sake of it. Origi is 4/5th choice, he comes on for a few minutes or starts one in a dozen or so, to expect so much of him is unfair. He does a decent job and chips in with a goal or assist every now and again. Good on him, if he moves on in the summer he’ll go with many of our blessings.
Good post. True.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #2905 on: March 15, 2019, 09:30:58 am »
People can have differing opinions about Origi's ability and long term suitability. However, you can't, in my opinion, question his attitude. From the very periphery of the squad he's arguably made himself 1st change for the front 3. He hasn't moaned. He's got his head down and worked hard. Presumably in training as well.

He's also delivered the high point of our season. That goal against Everton will be remembered for ever. His willingness to gamble, his willingness to chase in what looked like a lost cause, his strikers instinct, mean that goal can't just be dismissed. Not every striker would have even anticipated a chance might occur once van Dijk skied that shot.

If we win the league this season, that Origi goal will go down in folklore. The stuff of legends. If we win the league by 2 points or less then should build him a statue or name the Anfield Road after him once it's re-developed.

I don't think he's good enough long term but no-one should be speaking a bad word about him currently.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2906 on: March 15, 2019, 01:27:28 pm »
Divock has been named in the Belgium squad for the upcoming internationals.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2907 on: March 15, 2019, 02:33:09 pm »

Great news

Confidence boost if nothing else- be great if he got some minutes too

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2908 on: March 16, 2019, 12:29:38 am »

Fantastic news, well in Divvy
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Mcnutty

• Main Stander
« Reply #2909 on: March 16, 2019, 12:59:25 am »
Who took the ball across field and played it to Salah for Manes second?

Re-watching the game and saw this again..huge. He pulled Sule way out of position and that was the exact area Mane exploited.
"And it goes Liverpool's way again as Reina makes a second save. He's going to out Dudek  Dudek."

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #2910 on: March 16, 2019, 10:36:13 am »
Thought he looked better in the mid week. He needs to be play more to get in sync with the team especially when in the front three. I think he's ahead of Sturbridge now and offers more especially if we need to hold up play
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #2911 on: March 16, 2019, 10:42:04 am »
Great attitude but we obviously need better. We are up there with the best on our day but injuries to any of our front three will leave us short of a quality replacement. Klopp knows this and you can ignore the mind games coming out today about us not spending in the summer. We have to keep strengthening the squad and he'll be doing so come the close season.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2912 on: March 16, 2019, 10:50:20 am »
If mane has a bit of knock and doesn't start - Does Origi get the nod?

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #2913 on: March 16, 2019, 10:58:42 am »

I'd prefer to see Shaq personally.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2914 on: March 16, 2019, 11:50:18 am »
I'd prefer to see Shaq personally.

Me too - Divock is a great impact player from the bench, but not a starter.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2915 on: March 16, 2019, 12:09:24 pm »

Yes for me

Did great v Watford

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2916 on: March 17, 2019, 04:58:05 pm »
Did well again I thought

Couldn’t ask much more

Offline simplyred84

• Holding back the years, but unfortunately not holding back the nonsense
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2917 on: March 17, 2019, 05:10:00 pm »
Did very well. He’s making an impact and it’s crucial.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2918 on: March 17, 2019, 05:21:13 pm »
Re-watching the game and saw this again..huge. He pulled Sule way out of position and that was the exact area Mane exploited.

Spot on mate.

The game is a lot more than goals and assists. You would think having watched Xabi Alonso for years all of our fans would appreciate the importance of the pass before the assist

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #2919 on: March 17, 2019, 05:25:33 pm »
He played really well when he came on!! He will move to this type of level when he moves club, he’ll score loads given the right opportunity. His work rate was quality