Author Topic: The Return Of The King - How do you feel?  (Read 27636 times)

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Return Of The King - How do you feel?
« Reply #360 on: January 8, 2011, 03:34:30 pm »
I would also add.... if a few voices were raised about Dalglish they would be immediately silenced by the many. The Kop just simply wouldn't let that happen to Dalglish. He is one of our own, he is a legend of this club for reasons far more important than football. It simply will not happen.
Yep I do not have too many fears with regards booing. If it did happen they would be silenced immediately and made to look very foolish. Hodgson has taken us to a place of apathy that most of us have written this season off. It is the long term rebuilding most of us are thinking about.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #361 on: January 8, 2011, 03:36:13 pm »
For me, it's not about how well he'll do or where we'll finish anymore this season. It's about having a Liverpool legend as manager and the good felling that will bring.
Put it this way, Hodgson in charge in the derby match, where would the atmosphere be, even as a derby match? In the gutter. Now though?

Even if we get hammered tomorrow, the feeling not only among the fans and the players alone is worth putting Kenny back in charge for, even IF we still finish mid-table.
I just hope we don't all suddenly think we'll finish anywhere near the CL spots. Even if we finish mid-table I'll be happy, just for Hodgson not being here anymore.

Completely agree, mate. Said in another thread that the biggest improvement Kenny's appointment brings may be in the stands. That will be enough.

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #362 on: January 8, 2011, 03:37:18 pm »
I am absolutely delighted that the King has returned, I hope our owners give him some money and I am expecting him to give a real boost to the current team and hopefully we can start playing the Liverpool way again..anything is better than the dross we played under Hodgson..

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: January 8, 2011, 03:37:27 pm »
Hopeful, but reserved on the decision until I've seen a few games of us under Kenny. Ultimately, how I feel is mainly determined by how well our club performs and I can't claim to have the previous bond with Kenny that many on here can as I was only a toddler when he was at his best managing us.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #364 on: January 8, 2011, 03:38:48 pm »
Delighted.Take us to our rightful place.
Thank you Roy.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #365 on: January 8, 2011, 03:39:05 pm »
For me, it's not about how well he'll do or where we'll finish anymore this season. It's about having a Liverpool legend as manager and the good felling that will bring.
Put it this way, Hodgson in charge in the derby match, where would the atmosphere be, even as a derby match? In the gutter. Now though?

Even if we get hammered tomorrow, the feeling not only among the fans and the players alone is worth putting Kenny back in charge for, even IF we still finish mid-table.
I just hope we don't all suddenly think we'll finish anywhere near the CL spots. Even if we finish mid-table I'll be happy, just for Hodgson not being here anymore.

I know lovely feeling isn't it, agree with all of that Paul mate
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: January 8, 2011, 03:39:46 pm »
Bet Shanks is pleased
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: January 8, 2011, 03:40:47 pm »
Cautiously over the moon.
Is that a valid emotion?

:)

Offline Shankz

• Main Stander
« Reply #368 on: January 8, 2011, 03:41:10 pm »
First time for me experiencing The King in action, and what a start! vs mr. Feguson
King

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #369 on: January 8, 2011, 03:41:31 pm »
Happy but a little nervous.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #370 on: January 8, 2011, 03:41:41 pm »

Spot on!

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: January 8, 2011, 03:43:22 pm »
The man was a colossus in this clubs darkest hours, welcome home Kenny.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #372 on: January 8, 2011, 03:43:23 pm »

Spot on.

Not expecting anything more from this season other than pride and passion back on show. If, as a player, you can't be motivated by the biggest legend to ever play for the club guiding you and giving you encouragement then kindly collect your things and go, as you're not cut out for the club. Every one of those players should be fucking made up by this news, as are the fans.

This suddenly feels like a club again, and Kenny will at the very least bring back some semblence of the Liverpool way. I'm just pleased there's someone in charge for the remainder of this dogshit season who can bring everyone together on the same page again. I hope we can climb the table, have a good run in Europe from here on in, and do ourselves justice tomorrow, but regardless of how well we do or where we finish we can at least get fully behind things at the club once more.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #373 on: January 8, 2011, 03:44:07 pm »

I know lovely feeling isn't it, agree with all of that Paul mate

It is mate. I just think his name alone, even regardless of results, will bring good feeling back to the terraces, where, heaven forbid, we'll hear the managers name chanted as fucking loudly as possible, starting at the Derby. And the players will get a HUGE lift from it.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: January 8, 2011, 03:45:49 pm »
It's the kind of boost the club needed going into a huge game. I don't think the timing is ideal, but with all the negativity going into tomorrow's game, it's clear something had to be done. We now have a manager who we can unite behind both tomorrow and for the remainder of the season, the importance of that shouldn't be underestimated. I'm delighted personally. I've got a lot of confidence Kenny can salvage something from another disasterous season. A trophy would be perfect, and would surely strengthen his hand if he wishes to keep the job on a permanent basis.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline Dav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #375 on: January 8, 2011, 03:45:57 pm »
I'm made up he's back.

For a temporary appointment until a long term manager in the summer, I can't think of a better choice.

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: January 8, 2011, 03:46:08 pm »
So, he's back. I can barely type this as I'm in fucking heaven right now, and my hands are shaking.

How do you feel?
Did you think you'd ever see the day when Kenny returned?
How do you think he'll do?
Where do you think we'll finish this season?

One thing's for sure, the feelgood factor is about to go through the fucking roof. The passion will be back! The ground will be bouncing! And whatever happens for the rest of the season, the club is united once more!!

Get the fuck in!!

How Do I feel?

Relieved that the pain that was Roy is over. So happy that someone we can trust unreservedly is back in charge of team affairs.

Did you think you'd ever see the day when Kenny returned?

Well it was either the King or Rafa for me I couldnt see an alternative mid season and we couldnt carry on as we were could we?

How do you think he'll do?

I think he will do his absolute best to get the club going in the right direction again. Im not expecting any miracles or any massive upsurge in form if Im honest. We still have a good first 11 but the squad is not good enough in depth to challenge for the league over a full season thanks to the previous owners using our transfer budget to pay the banks!

Where do you think we'll finish this season?

As long as its above the relegation places I dont care! I hope we make a euro place but wont be devastated if we dont. I know Kenny and Comolli will use the rest of the season to identify the players that need to go and the replacements that need to be brought in. We need to realise that we probably wont become world beaters overnight and be prepared to cut the club and especially the new owners some slack. They have listened to us and acted, we cant ask for any more right now. We may or may not see some new arrivals during this transfer window it probably depends on what Comolli has been up to behind the scenes under Roy. I hope we do get some new blood in but again not too bothered at this stage if we dont.

What will be fantastic will be to see the whole club come together again, all pulling in the same direction, all singing off the same hymn sheet and anyone, and I mean ANYONE who doesnt like it can get out of our club! That includes current players with the wrong attitude fans abducted by Sky and past players who fancy an easy life in punditry.

Welcome back King Kenny......starting right now lets start climbing this hill together! Come On You Reds!! YNWA
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #377 on: January 8, 2011, 03:46:54 pm »
Bet Shanks is pleased

he can rest now and enjoy the heaven
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: January 8, 2011, 03:47:04 pm »

Agree, I dont expect miracles with Kenny but believe the team and the supporters are unified with his appointment.

just recalling the post from the 'Asda' thread where one poster bumped into Kenny at a petrol station and when the fella said it was an honour as a life long supporter to shake his hand, Kenny saying it was an honour for HIM to shake his.  Just so classy.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #379 on: January 8, 2011, 03:47:27 pm »
Not expecting anything more from this season other than pride and passion back on show. If, as a player, you can't be motivated by the biggest legend to ever play for the club guiding you and giving you encouragement then kindly collect your things and go, as you're not cut out for the club. Every one of those players should be fucking made up by this news, as are the fans.

Feel the same mate. Said it elsewhere, if, as a player, you can't be inspired or put the effort in for a legend like Kenny, then you don't need to be here. I forgave them under Hodgson because what the fuck does he inspire in anyone?!

Hate him or loathe him, Mourinho is partly so successful because his players love playing for HIM. Not just the money, the club, him too. So they feel it when they get beat, they want to win for him too. Not many of ours looked like that under Hodgson. Kenny can be a man, at least in the short term, that gets the players back to wanting to win games for the man who's sending them out there. Which seems to have gone completely under Hodgson.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: January 8, 2011, 03:47:40 pm »
We have one of us in charge again.

I cannot stop smiling.
Excellent post by Paul JH.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline The Armchair

• Anny Roader
  • R. Keys = hairy little fuck-witted gimp
« Reply #381 on: January 8, 2011, 03:47:40 pm »
Happy and think he's probably the only man who could lift and unite the dressing room as well as the fans.
He may not have been a manager for 12 years, but he's still been around the game. He still knows how to take a training session and win trophies as both a player and a manager. He knows the the club, it's players and understands the fans.
I don't doubt that he will have the respect of the dressing room and whilst i don't expect us to turn into Barcelona overnight, at least the players will be allowed to get the ball down and start playing football again.

Also think it might be best if Sammy Lee departs as well and possibly bring Roy Evans back onto the coaching staff and see if Sami Hyypia is ready to return to the club
Pepe Reina has a better chance of scoring 10-15 goals next season than Voronin....

Someone quote me on that!!!

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: January 8, 2011, 03:48:07 pm »
FML v. important exams 2 days after the Everton match and I can get tickets aswell :(
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #383 on: January 8, 2011, 03:50:14 pm »
Bet Shanks is pleased

Shanks is probably telling Jesus " all right son, now u will see them lads play football"
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline GinuWhine

• Kopite
« Reply #384 on: January 8, 2011, 03:50:29 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dxw_XTnZ1RY?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Dxw_XTnZ1RY?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Fuck me. What did he do at 1:24? There's no angle on that. I couldn't see Torres scoring half those goals and I love him. His curlers were sublime!

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: January 8, 2011, 03:50:39 pm »
I remember the day he left like it was yesterday, that press conference. I was bunking off school at the time and saw it on the lunchtime news, then remember feeling gutted when he came back into management for blackburn rovers, of all teams. Just so happy he's back on the bench for us one more time. the way he left was unfinished, we never got to say a real goodbye to him. I'm not expecting anything football wise this year, but just happy we might be able to say a proper goodbye when the time comes now.

Offline Taylor27

• Main Stander
  • Toon Army!
« Reply #386 on: January 8, 2011, 03:50:59 pm »
Dalglish's transfers at Newcastle:

http://www.nufc.com/2010-11html/transfers-dalglish.html

Real mix of good bad and the ugly.

Offline GinuWhine

• Kopite
« Reply #387 on: January 8, 2011, 03:52:43 pm »

To be fair, it is Newcastle. Kenny's influence on our team purely from morale will be massive. Not only will we see the best of Torres but Carra and Gerrard will have lost their player power. They can't force Kenny into doing anything.

Offline OPM

• Kemlynite
« Reply #388 on: January 8, 2011, 03:53:54 pm »
Been waiting 20 years for this... I remember the Souness years, the dismantling of our club and wondering if we would ever get back to where we were.  Best news in a long, long time.  Got to say I don't buy this nonsense that he is not a 'modern' enough manager and that 'football has changed' crap, a football man is a football man.  Its like saying Slurgie should hand over the reins in the morning because he is from a different era, its just not a smart argument IMO.  I know the Celtic project was a bit of a disaster, but his heart was not in coming back to management I think.  Welcome back and all hail the King. ;D YNWA

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #389 on: January 8, 2011, 03:53:54 pm »
Its great news as far as I'm concerned.

Mr Ferguson now hates our manager and the press are on our backs and saying bad things about us.

Normal service resumed. ;D

Welcome back Kenny - we need you

Offline AJ4Seven

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: January 8, 2011, 03:54:09 pm »

Every manager buys "shit" players, that means very little(especially as we have Commoli)

Offline ®äfä.. ®äfä...ßëñíTêz

• Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for the memories RB! **YNWA Liam Harker***
« Reply #391 on: January 8, 2011, 03:54:37 pm »
i feel the way i did when god returned, fucking great feeling!

this :D
E L  P I S T O L E R O - LUIS SUAREZ  

JOHN W HENRY THE LEGEND - www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: January 8, 2011, 03:54:38 pm »

Mate that's got nothing to do with the thread.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #393 on: January 8, 2011, 03:54:56 pm »
Oh fuck me, I'm excited!!!!!!! ;D

It's suddenly sinking in. The fucking KING IS BACK!!!! Oh god, I'm gonna go wee my pants.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Mingle

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I believe...
« Reply #394 on: January 8, 2011, 03:55:03 pm »
Goose bump have consumed me while I type this... I never thought I’d see him here again... I was only a baby when he played and just a boy while he managed and eventually left... I know he isn’t a magic wand but just the fact there will be smiles all over the place is a start...

Welcome back Kenny and good luck!
At the end of a storm, Theres a golden sky...Believe in Brendan

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #395 on: January 8, 2011, 03:56:03 pm »
Absolutely made up :)

Offline RobbieGrowler

• Main Stander
« Reply #396 on: January 8, 2011, 04:01:27 pm »
I'm happiest for himself and his family to be honest. Say they are incredibly proud and i just hope that he enjoys it. God knows the man deserves it. Welcome home king kenny!!!

Offline Taylor27

• Main Stander
  • Toon Army!
« Reply #397 on: January 8, 2011, 04:01:39 pm »
To be fair, it is Newcastle. Kenny's influence on our team purely from morale will be massive. Not only will we see the best of Torres but Carra and Gerrard will have lost their player power. They can't force Kenny into doing anything.

Was that what you said when Keegan returned to Newcastle as the situation is similar?

Regardless, Liverpool really need to sort the players out as from what I've seen quite a few have the "don't give a s***" attitude that Newcastle's players did when they went down.

Don't wait to be relegated before clearing these players out like we did.

Offline dorsetgill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: January 8, 2011, 04:02:53 pm »
Ecstatic!Welcome back Kenny

Offline canyouhearhimcalling

• Anny Roader
  • Long live the KING
« Reply #399 on: January 8, 2011, 04:04:58 pm »
“There are those who say maybe I should forget about football. Maybe I should forget about breathing.”
There's not one club in Europe with an anthem like You'll Never Walk Alone. There's not one club in the world so united with the fans. I sat there watching the Liverpool fans and they sent shivers down my spine. A mass of 40,000 people became one