Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1761608 times)

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
Re: Lets Improve the Atmosphere at Anfield (split from Fortress Anfield)
« Reply #320 on: December 10, 2014, 10:12:21 am »
Quote from: Grobbelrevell

The whole mentality of; "i've paid my money so I can do what I like" is entirely alien to me, and really very sad indeed. And yet it seems to be becoming commonplace. Far too many people really have lost sight of the definition of the word 'supporter'. They claim to be one, but in reality they genuinely don't know the meaning of the word.
This is the reason I dont go that often any more.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #321 on: December 10, 2014, 10:24:37 am »
This is the reason I dont go that often any more.

It's sad mate, it really is, because it does make you wonder what the point is, when you're having to shout over the negativity of your own to make yourself heard.

But then, the more of the right ilk who stop going, the worse it's likely to become.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline HarleyKewell7

• Anny Roader
  • Hasn't got a bad passing range, this lad
« Reply #322 on: December 10, 2014, 10:25:55 am »
What were the fans given to create a reaction from? Pretty much nothing from the first 80 minutes. We didn't create anything to get people stirred up and going - if I'm not mistaken, Glen Johnson plays a blind pass to Sterling in the opening 10 seconds and it goes straight to the opposition.

When you have opposition that can cause you trouble then it creates nerves and tension in the ground. You can probably overcome that when you're showing a bit of fight or drive or quality but none of that was on display last night until it was too late. Lucas, Mignolet, Skrtel, Allen and Lovren passing it amongst themselves was just frustrating the crowd the longer it went on.

It was no real surprise that the crowd lifted when Markovic came on and had a proper go within his first couple of touches. The injustice of the red card lifted the crowd again and certainly helped at a time when we were looking knackered.

There's a lot to be said for ticket prices and the type of person going to the game but I don't think last night was a reflection of that.
Why did we sell Heskey?

Offline Resilientz

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #323 on: December 10, 2014, 10:41:25 am »
Every stadium in England is suffering from this problem lets get that right. However that's not to excuse last night. Basel fans had a small allocation and still owned 99% of the crowd's noise for 81 minutes. I don't really care if the performance isn't very good, if LFC is in the CL after 5 odd years and fighting for their life, it should be loud and defiant. Comparing last night to the Emirates does the Emirates an injustice.

If clubs adopted the German model of fans-first and not this moneygrabbing shite that prices the common man out, maybe things would be better. As of right now I'm just not surprised that even Anfield is a library unless we're 5-0 up at half time.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: December 10, 2014, 10:49:50 am »

Apathy is born out of what went before, and vice versa
It seemed quiet around the ground pre match, and with less than 15 minutes before kick off the stadium was very sparsely filled, the expectation wasn't there, and even if we had nicked a late goal to see us through this was not a memorable European night by any means

Feb-May last season peps were turning up with a spring in their step and bang up for it, and that there is the atmosphere
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline RooiBefok

• (Crank) Minority Martyr, and Defender & Lover of The 5th Benitle. His most ardent fan. Adores him. No really, I think he's great. The best.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #325 on: December 10, 2014, 10:50:23 am »
Away Matches = Travelling Kop

Home Matches = Unravelling Flop
“The 5th Benitle fell in love with himself eighteen years ago and has remained faithful ever since”

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: December 10, 2014, 10:51:49 am »
The problem isn't getting different fans in the stadium, the fans are already their. I see plenty of young lads and even a few of the older generation who are willing to sing every game, the problem is they're scattered all over the different stands. You section off a part of the stadium for fans that are willing to sing there hearts out, once you're in a big group and everyone around you is singing and bouncing about its much more enjoyable and would work IMO.That's why away fans always tend to be so good.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: December 10, 2014, 11:02:30 am »
But then, the more of the right ilk who stop going, the worse it's likely to become.

The club has decided that I'm not the right ilk.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #328 on: December 10, 2014, 11:11:26 am »
The club has decided that I'm not the right ilk.

Indeed. And yet they market you/us consistently; The Kop, the famous Anfield atmosphere etc etc. That's the irony in this.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:18:44 am by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: December 10, 2014, 11:13:12 am »
Indeed. And yet they market you/us consistently; The Kop, the famous Anfield Atmosphere etc etc. That's the irony in this.

I think the media have a massive part to play in that as well.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #330 on: December 10, 2014, 11:44:35 am »
Thought it was pretty good at the back of the Kop, some moaning and groaning obviously but largely supportive around where I was. Obviously not filtering around the rest of the Kop/ground though.

Did make me smile when George played Oliver's Army by Elvis Costello at half time...

"And I would rather be anywhere else, than here today" ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #331 on: December 10, 2014, 12:00:26 pm »
I think that's it for me for a while. I'd rather see a scrappy 1-0 with a bouncing atmosphere than 5-0 where I'm surrounded by the type of horrors in the ground. Nothing to do with where someone comes from, my earlier post was in reference to a scouse bloke, but I can't afford hundred quid a pop to feel sick to my stomach every other week because of the shite that call themselves fans.

I'm out.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #332 on: December 10, 2014, 12:21:23 pm »
The basel fans put us to shame last night
Insert obscure quote here

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #333 on: December 10, 2014, 12:23:52 pm »
3 lads in front of me again yesterday in 305, STH's and scousers wearing their north face jackets thinking they own the place. No word of a lie, one of them was on his phone txting birds from the start of the second half until the end of the game. He dropped it when Gerrard scored then carried on.

All the while you look over to the Basel fans and they are bouncing, singing, clapping etc for 90 minutes. Honestly this whole 'best fans in the world' stuff is just utter bollocks. We're actually pretty fucking shite.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #334 on: December 10, 2014, 12:27:31 pm »
^^^ I just don't get why people like that bother. I mean, it's hardly cheap to go is it, so why spend out if you're not actually that arsed? Bizarre.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #335 on: December 10, 2014, 12:27:56 pm »
Your old enough and local enough to know that nearly every foreign set of fans turn up and perform like that. Choreographed clapping and chanting.

I don't pine for palace style told when to clap, chant, bounce.

The atmosphere was fine back of Kop and better around the ground when we began to put in abit of fight and had a pop at goal. Funny that.

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #336 on: December 10, 2014, 12:30:47 pm »
the last decent european atmosphere was Zenit, when we had little chance from the off, then conceded and even less.

Heads didnt drop that night , if anything it got louder.  Now when things aint going well its biting nails and slagging players off.

City Semi in the league cup was the same , we were almost out then got level and had to cling on , but the support stayed with the team. Not sure if anyone agrees but it seems now some of the support turn up to see a win and make thier mind up after 20 minutes if they are going to back the lads.

In fairness some of the games we walked last season were shite though , 3 nil at half time an you could hear a pin drop so the lads cant win either way
Insert obscure quote here

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #337 on: December 10, 2014, 12:55:14 pm »
Your old enough and local enough to know that nearly every foreign set of fans turn up and perform like that. Choreographed clapping and chanting.

The atmosphere was fine back of Kop and better around the ground when we began to put in abit of fight and had a pop at goal. Funny that.

Ahhh right, so we are happy when we are entertained. Great.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #338 on: December 10, 2014, 01:02:49 pm »
Seems like you are damned if you do and damned if you don't sometimes.

Buy a half-half scarf to hold up during YNWA, get bashed for it. Stand there without a scarf up, you'll get bashed for that too. Theres also a lot of snobbery when it comes to chants as well. I'd rather here a shit generic chant blasting round the kop than no noise at all.

The rising ticket prices don't help either. If your paying like £50 to watch a shit game of football and your team aren't performing, obviously your not going to as enthsuastic as the game goes on.

Modern technology again, a massive pain in the arse, eg. iPhones and iPad's. It's not just in football grounds, I'm in my work safe on lunch at the moment theres a table of 5 or so people, 4 of them are on their phones opposite me. Too many distractions.

I only get to go a couple of times a season so I make the most of it and join in chants, not an overley confident person so wouldnt have the balls to start one myself but while i'm there i'll sing my heart out.

I'll even admit to researching the words to make sure i know them to most songs. A bit of a nerd but I'd rather be able to join in with 'fields of anfield road' rather than stand there with a face like a smacked arse.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: December 10, 2014, 01:03:07 pm »
3 lads in front of me again yesterday in 305, STH's and scousers wearing their north face jackets thinking they own the place. No word of a lie, one of them was on his phone txting birds from the start of the second half until the end of the game. He dropped it when Gerrard scored then carried on.

All the while you look over to the Basel fans and they are bouncing, singing, clapping etc for 90 minutes. Honestly this whole 'best fans in the world' stuff is just utter bollocks. We're actually pretty fucking shite.

Always have been. Also the "most knowledgeable fans" shouts are bollocks as well. We are just like any other fans around the country, except we have a bunch of lads who do the flags and banners before games which is great.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline AULD-OLDIE

• Anny Roader
  • Quiza-un-dia
« Reply #340 on: December 10, 2014, 01:07:45 pm »
Lower Centenary was full, as usual, of old miserable bastards who think they know the game inside out. Just retire gracefully from going games.

That's why I retired from going the games; I started going before Shankly came & stopped going because 1) Couldn't afford it .2) Hated being told to "sit down". PLUS listening to "supporters" like you who cannot take the bad times with the good !!
Truth - 12.09.2012.
Now for JUSTICE !

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: December 10, 2014, 01:16:02 pm »
Always have been. Also the "most knowledgeable fans" shouts are bollocks as well. We are just like any other fans around the country, except we have a bunch of lads who do the flags and banners before games which is great.

Bollocks that. We are well known around the world not because we were like all the other fans with a few flags  but because we were different. You only have to go to a few European aways to understand how well we are thought of.

Offline hoganballs

• Kemlynite
« Reply #342 on: December 10, 2014, 01:36:17 pm »
In 25 years of following this club, I have never heard Anfield as quiet. Third round FA cups ties to second division sides have mustered better atmospheres.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #343 on: December 10, 2014, 01:39:02 pm »
In 25 years of following this club, I have never heard Anfield as quiet. Third round FA cups ties to second division sides have mustered better atmospheres.

Agreed. I also think the Champions League is dying a death too and people know it. Why else would Liverpool and Manchester City fans be non-plussed by it? There is something in that competition that is creating huge apathy these days.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #344 on: December 10, 2014, 01:48:06 pm »
Apathy is born out of what went before, and vice versa
It seemed quiet around the ground pre match, and with less than 15 minutes before kick off the stadium was very sparsely filled, the expectation wasn't there, and even if we had nicked a late goal to see us through this was not a memorable European night by any means

Feb-May last season peps were turning up with a spring in their step and bang up for it, and that there is the atmosphere

True. Anfield is still as good anywhere else (at least in the UK) WHEN the fans are really up for it.

I don't think the fans were up for the game yesterday. Whether it's supporters priced out, the few months of dross preceding the game and knowing we didn't really deserve to go through and we'd be unlikely to get further if we did.

It's only the group stages, it was effectively a last 32 knockout game and not against a European giant. Given all that I think it was a night the players needed to keep the fans going and we started that poorly that it just killed it. It was like that Utrecht game under Hodgson only against a better side.

If we progress in the Europa League and start performing properly then the atmosphere will return and improve on the CL. A drop in prices should help. The mistake people make is thinking Liverpool at Anfield in Europe = a good atmosphere. It doesn't work like that. It's a two way thing between players and fans. We've had plenty of drab atmopsheres in Europe over the years. The good ones are special because they're unique.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #345 on: December 10, 2014, 04:17:26 pm »
Ahhh right, so we are happy when we are entertained. Great.

Make up of the crowd that goes these days.  Clueless whoopers. Half and half scarfs. Pay hand over fist for a ticket, bring in liver world bags, big fuck off cameras and taking selfies of themselves, experiencing the Anfield atmosphere, and then bitching about how the regulars aren't performing like highly trained seals for them.

The regulars are not entertained in the slightest. You can't kid the people that go week in week out. We are getting a shit sandwhich served up.  Ever increasing ticket prices.  20quid for a pie and a pint.  Bombarded with adverts all over the show.  The thing on the side of the pitch is enough to give anyone an epileptic fit. Bing bong. Over zealous stewards. George's role being watered down. Sad cos the half time tune was elvis Costello 'I'd rather be anywhere than here' I hear your George. Loud and clear.

It's all about the money. Champions league cash cow. Chase them dollars. We are customers and don't we fucking know it. And your money is as good as mine.

Still we go we pay our money and occasionally we forget all the shite that goes with going the game and get caught up with matters on the pitch.  A loose ball. And a voice in your head goes go on, dive in, fucking twat him, take the ball and man, and clatter the fucker. Low and behold, a player does it, and the crowd jump up and rejoice in the fact that one player knows the score, knows it's more than money, it's pride and passion, desire, fight.

The brief flicker from him reignited a flame in us. 

If you don't understand this I can't help you.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: December 10, 2014, 04:19:36 pm »
True that, Kinki. Sums it up rather neatly.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline tesh1e

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Believer
« Reply #347 on: December 10, 2014, 09:00:16 pm »
Really disappointing atmosphere last night. Sitting in 203 last night, STH's to my left, sang for a minute before the game and then:

- every 2 mins 'oh he's Shite!' every time there was a misplaced pass or the player on the ball didn't spot a player free 60 yards away;
- discussing their plans for the weekend for most of the first half;
- one of them spent most of the second half watching highlights of the game on their phone! why even bother turning up.

There was a guy a couple of rows ahead of me who spent the whole first half trying to start a song going and when he got minimal participation started calling everyone around him 'scouse c***s', 'sh1t fans' and generally trying to get a reaction. He got one, from a guy a few seats away who took exception to his shouting 'abuse' at the fans around him. They had an argument during half time, sad thing was that they both wanted the same thing (to get a bit of an atmosphere going).

Two lads sat to my right didn't bother singing at all and just shot annoyed faces at me throughout the game as I sang and clapped as loud as i could. I think they took exception to that fact that I was an OOT'er - pathetic really! They left 3 mins before the first half was up and 2 mins before the end of the game.

Awful. Thought we had a better atmosphere against Real Madrid at 3-0 down.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: December 10, 2014, 09:16:07 pm »
Agreed. I also think the Champions League is dying a death too and people know it. Why else would Liverpool and Manchester City fans be non-plussed by it? There is something in that competition that is creating huge apathy these days.

I'm sorry but this is complete nonsense and there are zero comparisons to be drawn between ourselves and city fans. Soul less club these days who feel UEFA have it in for them the spoilt twats.I was fucking overjoyed being back in the cl and the reason for my "apathy" was because of our woeful form this season. I almost expected that last night. Few of my mates mentioned the belief was lacking amongst our supporters and probably the players too. It's hard to disagree.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:03:24 pm by DangerScouse »

Offline Dhlfc92

• Main Stander
« Reply #349 on: December 10, 2014, 09:46:13 pm »
It's gone .. And it will only get worse. Basel fans and european fans are different as they control a terrace and aren't dictated to by stewards or police.  The mentality of the fan in the UK is the reasoning for poor atmosphere.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: December 10, 2014, 10:01:38 pm »
Someone next to me left at ht

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #351 on: December 10, 2014, 10:03:22 pm »

The fucking state of our fanbase at the moment, I wouldn't look down my nose at "choreographed clapping and chanting."

At least they make noise and get behind their team. The famouse Kop will stir when it feels like it. Great.
JFT97

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: December 10, 2014, 10:05:22 pm »
You can't blame the Champions League, it's the most pretigious club tournament in the world and footy fans love it. The problem is the whoppers inside the stadium, simple as.

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #353 on: December 10, 2014, 10:19:32 pm »
The fucking state of our fanbase at the moment, I wouldn't look down my nose at "choreographed clapping and chanting."

At least they make noise and get behind their team. The famouse Kop will stir when it feels like it. Great.

They'd have to put down the super fuck off cameras that make the press photographers blush, iPads, selfie sticks, 10 quid hot dog, liverwerld bags and rucksacks. 

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #354 on: December 10, 2014, 10:21:05 pm »
Bollocks that. We are well known around the world not because we were like all the other fans with a few flags  but because we were different. You only have to go to a few European aways to understand how well we are thought of.
This- we are world famous , some of the experiences Ive had watching us away in Europe. The pride you feel that yu were born a red still gives me a warm tingle.
In Germany in particular, the Munchen Gladbach lads are superb (high tower and all). For fuck sake we made that much of an impression on them after the 77 cup final that they have a dedicated executive lounge in their newish stadium called the Liverpool lounge r something. All over the walls Ian Callaghan and Paisley with the cup, very impressive.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:24:01 pm by PAULG »
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline ★deb★, please ?

• Anny Roader
« Reply #355 on: December 11, 2014, 12:49:04 am »
ludogorets as home was the best of 3. real less, yesterday even less. i got into 305 at around 7.25, the place was empty.
started decent enough.
heard a guy on my left start the song we only sing when we're winning, quite funny.
BUT i took a selfie before the game, so what? first time my dad got into anfield. we were pissed, shouting clapping as often & loud as we could.
the selfie didn't change that. i left a game at HT in the past when i was feeling sick, why bother looking for people leaving to bash on them? it's like everybody's keeping an eye on each other, what for?

i think maybe the 40 upper rows were actively singing.
i saw scousers wearing liverpool jerseys. i was too. i saw scousers wearing trainings and nike sweaters. who cares?
i'm an OOT, i guess people around me knew as both of us talked in french and/or shouted things in french.
can't say people were bothered. maybe they were, but i didn't feel it.
i dont understand the negativity on oot/scousers who moan/scousers who sing.
we felt blessed we had the chance to be there, local scousers have made me feel right at home for years.
only negativity i'm feeling is online..

but yes, atmosphere was shite. but to be honest, i didn't fly over for the atmosphere, or for the good football game. i flew over for the result, to see it "live".
i love atmosphere, i try my best to create it. if it's not to be, okay.
we just went out of the cl and everyone is complaining about the singing. why?

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #356 on: December 11, 2014, 01:37:50 am »
i'm an OOT, i guess people around me knew as both of us talked in french and/or shouted things in french.
can't say people were bothered. maybe they were, but i didn't feel it.
i dont understand the negativity on oot/scousers who moan/scousers who sing.
we felt blessed we had the chance to be there, local scousers have made me feel right at home for years.
only negativity i'm feeling is online..

To be honest, I don't think there are many people who are taking issues with OOTs who go to Anfield to support the team. However, it becomes problematic when you get people going to Anfield when they don't really care about Liverpool. I'm an OOT as well and have just seen my first match at Anfield two weeks ago. And to be honest, I was shocked seeing the amount of people walking around with half-and-half-scarves or huge shopping bags as if it's just a regular day out on holidays. Taking pictures posing in front of the Hillsborough-memorial and things like that. Just as if it was a sight you simply have to have been to. Like a museum or the Eiffeltower in Paris.

The thing is, for a lot of people (i.e. supporters of Liverpool FC) going to Anfield means something. It's not a sight. It's the place where the team they support is playing. I'd imagine most people who live in Paris aren't really bothering with the Eiffeltower. They probably like that it's there, but it doesn't really have much of an impact on their lives. For Liverpool-supporters Anfield does have that impact. We are on cloud number nine when the team wins. We are devastated when they lose. Therefore, I can see why supporters get upset with people going to "their" stadium not really caring about the team that is playing, but just wanting to enjoy the atmosphere or being able to tell folks at home, that they've been there.

Offline perth-red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #357 on: December 11, 2014, 01:28:13 pm »
This 'the players didn't give us anything to shout or sing about' is complete crap. Obviously you people weren't at the Ataturk at half time in 2005 (infact there's numerous examples over the years). If that mentality was brought to the champ final in 05 we wouldn't of had a chance. Also I would take someone dressed as a full kit wanker or wearing a half n half going mental supporting the team over some casual snob wearing fred perry and adidas shoes standing there doing fuck all. Passion before fashion.

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #358 on: December 11, 2014, 02:32:39 pm »
Yeah it's my fucking Church not a tourist attraction, you go there to congregate, sing your songs and respect the thing everyone is concentrating on.

I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #359 on: December 11, 2014, 02:39:41 pm »
Yeah it's my fucking Church not a tourist attraction, you go there to congregate, sing your songs and respect the thing everyone is concentrating on.
How does anfield get so many tourists? Its almost impossible to get a ticket for a league game not to mention champions league. I was trying to get a basle ticket but there were further requirements of attendance. I do agree though, I'm not from the city nor the country but i have been to Anfield and always sing and makes me sick when theres people on their phones or having conversations about something other than Liverpool.
Seen us win everything