Author Topic: The English Football Poker/Brinkmanship/Chicken/FFS Draft - Rules and Round 11  (Read 25880 times)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
You'll have to tell us who you picked to ensure that..!

He's gone Jordon Ibe, but doesn't realise he is already cup tied.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
I’ve been very honest about my picks each round. I’ve only differed when people said they’re choosing that pick directly to me, e.g. Trent at right back.

I’m more in the blocked rather than blocker camp.

Typical slippery cock blocker behavior:

1. Reference past behavior devoid of cock block
2. Claim innocence
3. Appeal to the group as the victim block

*** Now, I know he is a legit full steam Cockblockula!

deFacto, watch out.  He's coming for you.   
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You'll have to tell us who you picked to ensure that..!

It was one of three of Bobby, Sadio, or Mo --- just like I said yesterday. 

LCH, who did you pick mate as we want to ensure an orderly cock block?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
It was one of three of Bobby, Sadio, or Mo --- just like I said yesterday. 

LCH, who did you pick mate as we want to ensure an orderly cock block?

Iwobi of course. Arsenal are missing a trick playing him on the left.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
I’m going for Stéphane Henchoz lads, more than welcome to join me in Division One  :)

Round 7 pix:

Fucking appalled - Stephane Henchoz (Tier 3 98/99 CB), Xabi Alonso (Tier 1 08/09 CM)

TrendisnotChakan - Hegazi (Tier 4 CB), Stephane Henchoz (Tier 3 98/99 CB), Declan Rice, (Tier 2 CM), Luke Modric 10/11 (Ringer CM)

Henchoz was picked twice and is invalid so Trend/Chakan and fucking need to send me Tier 4 98/99 CBs. That's the top half of the old Division 1, so Sunderland, Bradford, Ipswich, Watford, Birmingham, Bolton, Wolves, Sheffield United, Norwich, Huddersfield, Grimsby, WBA and Barnsley.

8)
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Deals are being done in dark, dingy, smoke filled, pm's...

...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Iwobi of course. Arsenal are missing a trick playing him on the left.

Solid gold Truck Nuts if you did mate.  We'll see if this is fact or fiction, but Iwobi as your pick  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
I got an concerning message from ADZ and tried to strike to deal with him. No response.Gonna have to dig deep if these two picks go sideways.  ;D

• Legacy Fan
Solid gold Truck Nuts if you did mate.  We'll see if this is fact or fiction, but Iwobi as your pick  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Ha!

I'll no doubt end up with someone worse than Iwobi anyway once my Salah pick backfires
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
8)

What was missing was our reply --- omega death spiral on Henchoz (see below).

And yes, we are a merry band of gypsy cock blockers marauding our way through Sheep fields across Europe and the east coach of the US. 

We are out about it.  Our motto at Casa ChakTrend? ----------> "If we cannot have you, then no on can" - (ahem no violence).
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
I got an concerning message from ADZ and tried to strike to deal with him. No response.Gonna have to dig deep if these two picks go sideways.  ;D

Got a similar concerning message from him. What did his say to you?

Some of you just want to watch the world burn. Which I can admire, as long as I'm an onlooker and not burning!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan

Some of you just want to watch the world burn. Which I can admire, as long as I'm an onlooker and not burning!

He said he picked Vardy and Auba I think.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan

He was asking me whether I picked Moura or Pedro, making out like he was going for one of them.

He's just playing games. Expect him to go for someone else completely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He was asking me whether I picked Moura or Pedro, making out like he was going for one of them.

Mo Salahhhhhhhhh

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
So that is one person saying a City RW - probably Sterling, two saying Aubameyang (plus two for Vardy too), I've gone Moura and a few Salah picks incoming.

If we say that is 6 picks (1 Sterling, 2 Aubameyang, 1 Moura and 2 Salah) - who are the other four going for?

Bernardo Silva would be my better to squeak through. One of Willian or Pedro too. Maybe a Sane or a Martial too.

Or everyone has just gone for Salah!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So that is one person saying a City RW - probably Sterling, two saying Aubameyang (plus two for Vardy too), I've gone Moura and a few Salah picks incoming.

If we say that is 6 picks (1 Sterling, 2 Aubameyang, 1 Moura and 2 Salah) - who are the other four going for?

Bernardo Silva would be my better to squeak through. One of Willian or Pedro too. Maybe a Sane or a Martial too.

Or everyone has just gone for Salah!

Dont forget the ringers bro!

And btw, there better be some cock blocking for Mo - otherwise we're all doomed :)

gotta go bye
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
Fake news eh... I’m being misquoted all over the place ;D

I haven’t picked anybody yet, but don’t need Vardy cos I secured Sadio in that round 8)

I do have Auba pencilled in thinking most will go Mo though, but who knows now?

:lmao I literally only asked who you went with in the end, seeing as you’ve been open with your pick pretty much every round!
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan

I haven’t picked anybody yet, but don’t need Vardy cos I secured Sadio in that round 8)

I do have Auba pencilled in thinking most will go Mo though, but who knows now?

:lmao I literally only asked who you went with in the end, seeing as you’ve been open with your pick pretty much every round!

Haha fair enough. The suspicion that this draft creates is enough to drive you mad.

I thought your question was honest enough, it was only when combined with the other message that it made me suspicious.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan

No fake news. Just the way you worded your message, it sounded like you were gonna pick one or both of the same picks as me.

No harm done. Just stay away from Auba and Vardy.  ;D

This whole draft I have been trying to be clever and not go for the obvious names, yet I am high on the cock blocking charts. I did not want this!  :no

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
When is the announcement?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
Haha fair enough. The suspicion that this draft creates is enough to drive you mad.

I thought your question was honest enough, it was only when combined with the other message that it made me suspicious.

;D

I reckon you’ll get Moura, but like Gini in the last round I’m surprised you aren’t gambling a bit more on picking up better options...

No fake news. Just the way you worded your message, it sounded like you were gonna pick one or both of the same picks as me.

No harm done. Just stay away from Auba and Vardy.  ;D

This whole draft I have been trying to be clever and not go for the obvious names, yet I am high on the cock blocking charts. I did not want this!  :no

I said we may be fucked if you’ve submitted Auba... a bit different to me telling you I’ve picked both him and Vardy ;D

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
;D

I reckon you’ll get Moura, but like Gini in the last round I’m surprised you aren’t gambling a bit more on picking up better options...

I did this at the start as was constantly knocked back, so I’m taking players most won’t fight over but who are still better than anyone in the second tier. And by being open and honest on who I’m taking it keeps people away.Hence getting Sanchez, Mascherano, Wijnaldum and now hopefully Moura.

At first I was bullish and went for the same tactic with the best players but that backfired so I’m being less ambitious but landing more picks now.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
I did this at the start as was constantly knocked back, so I’m taking players most won’t fight over but who are still better than anyone in the second tier. And by being open and honest on who I’m taking it keeps people away.Hence getting Sanchez, Mascherano, Wijnaldum and now hopefully Moura.

At first I was bullish and went for the same tactic with the best players but that backfired so I’m being less ambitious but landing more picks now.

Didn’t fancy Sadio last round? You were actually one of the others who I thought may have gone for him after initially suggesting Hazard a while ago...

Btw, you’re lucky we haven’t been scrapping around more in the lower tiers cos I had the likes of Materrazi, Tielemans etc as a bit more obscure picks if need be... similar to Fabinho ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
I don't want hear complaints, I bloody couldn't get Hegazi and De Jong ffs! :D

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
MAD BESTARDS WHERE ART THOU?! D

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
And you know what that means...

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
And you know what that means...

Trend and I find out which bastard blocked us again

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby

Soon enough.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I bet it was Eel Lobo?  No, its gotta be deFacto.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Round 8 pix:

MikeyLFC - Lucas Moura (Tier 1 RW)
Fucking appalled - Raheem Sterling (Tier 1 RW), Diego Jota (Tier 2 AM)
Lovelycushionesheader - Raheem Sterling (Tier 1 RW), Gylfi Sigurdsson (Tier 2 AM)
Vivabobby - Bernardo Silva (Tier 1 RW), Manuel Lanzini (Tier 2 AM)
Claus - Thierry Henry 03/04 (Ringer RW), Diego Jota (Tier 2 AM)
DeFacto - Leroy Sane (Tier 1 RW), Joao Moutinho (Tier 2 AM), Borja Valero (Tier 3 08/09 CM)
Maxpowers - Aubameyang (Tier 1 RW), Jamie Vardy (Tier 2 AM)
TrendisnotChakan - Riyad Mahrez (Tier 1 RW), Joao Moutinho (Tier 2 AM)
AdzLFC - Thierry Henry 03/04 (Ringer RW), Lassana Diarra (Tier 3 08/09 CM)
Vishwa - Bernardo Silva (Tier 1 RW), Joao Moutinho (Tier 2 AM)

SO...

Tier 3 08/09 CMs first. Diarra and Valero are both fine (and classy players).

Tier 2 AMs next. Jota and Moutinho are invalid. Vardy, Lanzini and Sigurrdsson are fine.

Tier 1 RWs. Henry was picked twice - same year - and is invalid. Sorry guys, your ringer was a blowout. Sterling and Bernardo Silva are also invalid. Aubameyang, Sane, Mahrez and Lucas Moura were fine. No one went for Salah...

Updated teams and invalid picks:

DeFacto - Alex McCarthy (GK), Daryl Janmaat (RB), Digne (LB), Pallister (98/99 CB), Shawcross (CB), Gundogan (CM), Borja Valero (08/09 CM), Leroy Sane (RW)
Fucking appalled* - Kasper Schmeichel (GK), Steven Gerrard (04/05, RB), Creswell (LB), Mamadou Sakho (CB), Gudni Bergsson (98/99 CB), Xabi Alonso (08/09 CM), David Silva (CM)
TrendisnotChakan* - Ederson (GK), Wan-Bissaka (RB), Van Dijk (LB), Gary Ablett (98/99 CB), Jonas Olsson (CB), Rice (CM), Modric (10/11 CM), Mahre (RW)
Claus* - De Gea (GK), Robertson (RB), Kyle Walker (LB), Roy Keane (98/99 CB), Bednarek (CB), Henderson (CM), Lampard (08/09 CM)
MikeyLFC - Rui Patricio (GK), Montoya (RB), Chilwell (LB), Sanchez (CB), Materazzi (98/99 CB), Tielemans (CM), Mascherano (08/09 CM), Wijnaldum (AM), Lucas Moura (RW)
Max_powers* - Nick Pope (GK), Bellerin (RB), Otto (LB), Coady (CB), Dave Watson (98/99 CB), Felipe Anderson (CM), Scholes (08/09 CM), Vardy (AM), Aubameyang (RW)
vivaboby - Butland (GK), De Bruyne (RB), van Aanholt (LB), Lascelles (CB), Sol Campbell (98/99 CB), Fernandinho (CM), Bale (09/09 CM), Manuel Lanzini (AM)
AdzLFC* - Tom Heaton (GK), Michail Antonio (RB), Laporte (LB), Stam (98/99 CB), John Obi Mikel (CB), Eriksen (CM), Lassana Diarra (CM 08/09), Mane (AM)
Lovelycushionedheader - Matt Ryan (GK), Cedric Soares (RB), Emerson Palmieri (LB), Rudiger (CB), Stuart Pearce (98/99 CB), Ruben Neves (CM), Michael Essien (08/09 CM), Gyfli Sigurrdsson (AM)
Vishwa* - Pickford (GK), Alexander-Arnold (RB), James Milner (LB), Irwin (98/99 CB), Dunk (CB), Maddison (CM), Parker (08/09 CM)

*Indicates have used winger pick.

Invalid picks - Alisson, Kepa, Lloris, Fabianski, Azpilicueta, Fabinho, Vertonghen, Rose, Pereira, Gomez, Kompany, Maguire, Schar, Desailly, Adams, Rio Ferdinand, Ake, Des Walker, Kante, Patrick Vieira, Hegazi, Henchoz, Cristiano Ronaldo, Fabregas, Firmino, Son, Hazard, De Jong, Jota, Moutinho, Henry, Sterling, Bernardo Silva.

SO.
I need Tier 3 AMs from fucking, Claus, deFacto, Trend and Vishwa
I need Tier 2 RWs from fucking, Claus, viva, lovely, Adz and Vishwa
And Tier 1 Left Wingers from everyone.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 09:51:59 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Thoughts:

Max played a blinder to get Auba and Vardy, though one might question whether a midfield trio of Scholes, Felipe Anderson and Jamie Vardy was going to shield a defence.

No one picked Mo Salah :lmao

And two great picks from 08/09 CMs, with Lassana Diarra arguably the pick of the round given that the following season he was signed by Real Madrid and became the lynchpin of their team.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
Cowards! all of you for not going for Salah.

I will not let Mo feel unwanted. Just announcing it now. I am picking him this round. Repeat I am picking Mo Salah. Unless anyone wants to go to Tier 2 and select Andy Carroll or Jordan Ibe. I suggest you stay away.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fucking-LCH : 2 way cock block on Sterling :)

Adz-Claus: 2 way cock block on Henry - Ringer :)

Vishwa-Viva: 2 way cock block on Bernardo Silva :)

deFacto-Trend/Chak-Vishwas: 3 way cock block on Moutinho :)

NO MO
NO MO
NO MO

LW -------------------->  Mo Salah

Max Powers wins this round = Auba & Vardy.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
Thoughts:

Max played a blinder to get Auba and Vardy, though one might question whether a midfield trio of Scholes, Felipe Anderson and Jamie Vardy was going to shield a defence.

No one picked Mo Salah :lmao

And two great picks from 08/09 CMs, with Lassana Diarra arguably the pick of the round given that the following season he was signed by Real Madrid and became the lynchpin of their team.

Aye, Valero was a gem I'm glad I uncovered.  8)

But Jesus Christ Trend why must you think like me???!  ;D

And the mad bastard that played Henry on the right given he's never ever played there  ;D

He was my ringer for the left wing however  ;D

• Legacy Fan
Cowards! all of you for not going for Salah.

I will not let Mo feel unwanted. Just announcing it now. I am picking him this round. Repeat I am picking Mo Salah. Unless anyone wants to go to Tier 2 and select Andy Carroll or Jordan Ibe. I suggest you stay away.

Given that pretty much all other decent top 6 wide players have gone, I'll join you on the Salah train.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Fucking-LCH : 2 way cock block on Sterling :)

Adz-Claus: 2 way cock block on Henry - Ringer :)

Vishwa-Viva: 2 way cock block on Bernardo Silva :)

deFacto-Trend/Chak-Vishwas: 3 way cock block on Moutinho :)

NO MO
NO MO
NO MO

LW -------------------->  Mo Salah

Max Powers wins this round = Auba & Vardy.

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Legacy Fan
I almost picked Salah after changing my mind twice aaaaghhh should have done it :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Aye, Valero was a gem I'm glad I uncovered.  8)

But Jesus Christ Trend why must you think like me???!  ;D

And the mad bastard that played Henry on the right given he's never ever played there  ;D

He was my ringer for the left wing however  ;D

I knew I liked you!  Hard to argue with our picks or our thinking :)

Except - Aldeweireld/Matip, Sterling (AM), Mo Salah would have been good hauls

Que sera sera
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: