Author Topic: FA Legends lunch with Gerard Houllier and some bloke called Peter Reid  (Read 3815 times)

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
My mate has managed to blag two tickets to this 'Club Wembley' event the Friday before the cup final. We get to have free food and drink and the opportunity to sit down with Ged and ask him some questions.

I've been racking my brains this weekend and haven't come up with anything other than "Can you sign my shirt and book please?"

Any ideas?
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Socrates7

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
How about 'what was your problem with god?'
Dalglish: "If the supporters like me, then it's only half as much as I like them."

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
How about 'what was your problem with god?'

Nothing but respect for Ged from me.  He was imperfect, just like the rest of us, but did a great job of restarting the Red revival in Europe (which Hicks and Gillet subsequently stopped :( ).

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'd just ask general questions about his time here. Sure he would of answered most of them before but it would be nice to hear it from the man himself.

Offline best-foot-forward

• Anny Roader
My mate has managed to blag two tickets to this 'Club Wembley' event the Friday before the cup final. We get to have free food and drink and the opportunity to sit down with Ged and ask him some questions.

I've been racking my brains this weekend and haven't come up with anything other than "Can you sign my shirt and book please?"

Any ideas?

Did he pay for his ticket ?  ;D

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
Are you healthy?
Will you manage again?
___

LFC related:

What is your favourite moment as a Reds manager?
Do you watch LFC games regularly?
How do you feel this season has been?
Why did you freeze out Fowler?
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Does peter Reid attend this lunch wearing shoes?

Or does he eat his afters with this feet?  ;)

Ask Ged for the inside track on the Anelka non-deal. Should be interesting.

Offline danielfonseca

• Clearly mad as a hatter who's gone mad with a box of frogs cracked up on SunnyD in a confined space and high on sherbet with no tea. Mad.
  • Anny Roader
please ask him does he not feel embarrassed about taking credit for the champions league 05 success and his mass orgy with hodgson and sky when villa played liverpool ,undermining the work of benitez . 
"My methods have translated and worked well from Halmstad to Malmo"

Offline bazz

• Main Stander
1. Can you ask him does he feel let down by how a huge number of Liverpool supporters who continously treated him like a hero while he was here, sung his name at every game, but now completely forget about the success he brought to the club and post smart comments about him instead.

2. Does he feel let down by the club as when you go on a tour of Anfield, his success as a manager is hardly mentioned.

Some people need to cop themselves on and show respect for a man who gave his all to the point of serious health issues and brough the club success:

UEFA Cup: 2001
UEFA Super Cup: 2001
FA Cup: 2001
Football League Cup: 2001, 2003
FA Community Shield: 2001

Offline nittinivala

• Anny Roader
Why on earth did you buy Diouf and Diao?

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FA Legends lunch with Gerard Houllier and some bloke called Peter Reid
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 02:26:01 pm »
1. Can you ask him does he feel let down by how a huge number of Liverpool supporters who continously treated him like a hero while he was here, sung his name at every game, but now completely forget about the success he brought to the club and post smart comments about him instead.

2. Does he feel let down by the club as when you go on a tour of Anfield, his success as a manager is hardly mentioned.

Some people need to cop themselves on and show respect for a man who gave his all to the point of serious health issues and brough the club success:

He did a great job, most good reds respect the man and what he did - myself included.

Very much imperfect though - should never have kept going on about how it was "his team" that won the CL in Istanbul etc.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 02:32:19 pm »

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 02:41:07 pm »
Ask him where he got his pet gibbon from.

I'd like to know how much say he had in things when he was recuperating and Thommo was in charge. Not looking to deflect praise away from anyone, just always been curious whether they spoke daily/weekly or whatever and how long he was completely out of contact for. Given the circumstances it's pretty amazing how well we did that season.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 02:42:31 pm »
Why did you take Didi off ?
Whats your proplem with Rafa ?

Offline red_dub

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 06:09:30 pm »
is he gonna be the new DOF :P
“Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

Bill Shankly

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 06:10:47 pm »

Indeed
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 10:30:33 pm »
i've got great respect for anyone who won trophies with us and brought many great moments that i enjoyed! as should everyone else

just ask how he is and tell him he's a proper sound geezer

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 10:32:12 pm »
Does peter Reid attend this lunch wearing shoes?

Or does he eat his afters with this feet?  ;)
I've heard he arrives wearing a nappy and swinging in a tyre.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Pheeny

ask Reid if he is still a Liverpool fan?

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
I like the guy and have huge respect for him regardless of some of his post tenure comments, so the only questions I ask will be positive ones.
So far, I like the pet gibbon and hospital contacts ones!

And no, we didn't pay for the tickets! I don't even want to know how much they'd have cost.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Pheeny

I had the honour of meeting him in the team hotel in Amsterdam,

He had all the time in the world for the fans,along with the rest of his backroom staff.

Will always have my utmost respect.