Author Topic: Crypto  (Read 1017 times)

Offline CAPS LOCK

• Main Stander
Crypto
« on: January 10, 2023, 04:11:09 pm »
Just wondering if anyone here is into crypto, can't seem to find a dedicated thread.

Be interning to see what coins people are invested in, also could be good to share any gems you may have come across.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Crypto
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 04:22:59 pm »
Just wondering if anyone here is into crypto, can't seem to find a dedicated thread.

Be interning to see what coins people are invested in, also could be good to share any gems you may have come across.

It got binned. Just like this one probably will  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 04:25:35 pm »
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=228982.msg18030704

There was another thread too but that also got binned.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 04:31:19 pm »
Must admit I've enjoyed watching all the shitshow in the crypto world over last few months.

People who were so obsessed with decentralisation and being outside government control screaming for things to be done by the government after the FTX collapse.  ;D

Offline CAPS LOCK

• Main Stander
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 04:47:12 pm »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2023, 04:57:57 pm »
Whatever happened to that Gamestop stock thing? A lad I used to work with bought about £5k worth and was convinced he was going to become a millionaire off it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2023, 05:01:53 pm »
Why they get binned?

Because..

If people want to dabble in it, that's their choice. We don't want it to be because of something they've seen on RAWK.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2023, 05:05:28 pm »
Whatever happened to that Gamestop stock thing? A lad I used to work with bought about £5k worth and was convinced he was going to become a millionaire off it.

Prices crashed and the latecomers were the worst ones affected. Think there was a Netflix special made about it too
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline CAPS LOCK

• Main Stander
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2023, 05:51:27 pm »
Because..

You could say that about buying anything you read about in a thread on this site lol

If people don't understand what blockchain technology is then having a place to learn about it is a good thing no?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2023, 06:07:30 pm »
You could say that about buying anything you read about in a thread on this site lol

If people don't understand what blockchain technology is then having a place to learn about it is a good thing no?

The answers are in numerous threads. Here's one

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=343349.msg16737119#msg16737119

If it’s ok I’ll use this post to reply but the response is to the overall thread so far.

First it’s worth repeating that this is a Liverpool football club website. We aren’t Reddit. We host threads on many subjects but there’s no obligation to host subjects that aren’t core to Liverpool, the club or the city.

And the level of civility isn’t relative either. The politics threads are some of the most argumentative on the site but they are interesting to enough people and crucially there is enough interest from the moderating team for them to be managed.

There are a lot of threads that used to be ok but are no longer appropriate, partly because the world moves on and because the moderating team changes and evolves.

There used threads with non-pc jokes, negative references to homosexuality and ‘laddo birds’ threads that no longer belong on here. If one or more of the moderating team thinks a thread is problematic and no one wants to moderate it then it’s locked. Simple as that. We’ll always review it as we are here.

We have rules and guidelines about thread domination. I’ve made regular interjections to try and balance the, in my view, overly confident promotion of bitcoin, hoping that one poster in particular might take a step back a bit but the hints haven’t been taken. I think crypto currencies and their history is worthy of discussion - especially the dodgy place that they come from and the dodgy conspiracy theory terminology that goes them. I tend to find that when people start talking about the evils of ‘fiat currency’ and reserve banks then the Rothschilds and worse aren’t that far behind.

On the bitcoin/betting comparison. At least one other moderator would happily ban betting threads as well. The main difference is that gambling is recognised as an addiction and no one on the gambling threads is saying that gambling is a sure fire way to make money.

As for my personal dislikes. It’s not bitcoin itself, it’s the bullshit and misinformation that goes with it. I also don’t think we’re the right place to host investment tips. We aren’t set up for it and we can’t verify the qualifications of people promoting investments.

So if people would like a thread about crypto currencies that reports news or discusses the technology behind them and it’s potential uses then we can open one. If people are looking for an investment tips thread there are other places to get that information and frankly, if you’re getting it off a football website you might as well reply to that Nigerian prince who keeps emailing you.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 12:26:44 pm by Alan_X »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2023, 06:08:57 pm »

See the last sentence in Alan's post for the mods view on it.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2023, 06:17:59 pm »
I watched this the other day. It's a long watch but despite the title it goes into all aspects of crypto currencies and blockchains and not just NFTs. Well worth a watch.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YQ_xWvX1n9g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YQ_xWvX1n9g</a>

Offline Rush7V

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2023, 09:41:07 pm »
I have a fair whack of Crypto, mainly in the main ones (BTC/LETH and Litecoin) but I have dabbled in the smaller ones too. Had billions of dodge many moons ago and binned em... years later they hit the high haha. Win some, loose some.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2023, 07:59:26 am »
Like a lot of people, I enjoy reading about all these crypto crashes causing people to 'lose' their digital paper fortunes. It all seems too scammy to me, only the people getting in early make it out with anything, and they do it by turning their investors into a community who all rally around to defend the investment regardless of performance or forecasts.

Here are two relevant things:

This is a Guardian article I found quite illuminating from a while back - a small town guy who turned $15k into $1m before losing it all, having never spent money on anything that made him happy (because his cash did the work, so spending it was wasting it)

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/nov/04/how-i-lost-1m-during-the-pandemic

The second is a truly tragic community of investors in Trump's DWAC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DWAC_Stock/
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2023, 08:26:33 am »
Oh yeah, this one is really enjoyable:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2021/sep/07/disastrous-voyage-satoshi-cryptocurrency-cruise-ship-seassteading

Taxes are bad, so come cruise the world with us, TAX FREE! All we want is some small percentage of your crypto profits to pay for upkeep of the cabin and the ship...

By the way, regulation is bad so there are NO RULES on the ship, how cool is that? Apart from the ones we're having to introduce so that people can actually live together in a community, over things like pets.

Anyway, for those that don't have time for the article - turns out that operating a cruise liner in international waters involves a HUGE amount of regulation with maritime agencies, and the ship was eventually sold off to try to recoup some of the cash.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2023, 08:33:45 am »

Sorry - but we don't want anything to do with it on here. There are plenty of places to read about it if anyone is interested.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2023, 08:03:26 pm »
Why they get binned?
Cos it's a fucking rip off scam run by chancers and cheaters who can all fuck off and die, that's why :wanker