Author Topic: The Cyclist Thread  (Read 1846028 times)

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Cyclist Thread
« Reply #34720 on: March 6, 2024, 02:15:50 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sDf3Lr8Mfcc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sDf3Lr8Mfcc</a>
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34721 on: May 2, 2024, 05:25:31 pm »
Am I the only person who struggles to fit GP 5000 tyres. My hands are sore, really sore. I've fitted tubulars quicker than it's just taken me to fit two 28mm tyres.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34722 on: May 3, 2024, 08:38:49 am »
Am I the only person who struggles to fit GP 5000 tyres. My hands are sore, really sore. I've fitted tubulars quicker than it's just taken me to fit two 28mm tyres.

Theye are infamous for being hard to fit. The older version is even harder, I think a year or two ago they started to make them slightly wider.

It also depends on the rims - some tyres fit better with some rims than others. The size standards in manufacturing both rims and tyres are not really there.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34723 on: May 3, 2024, 05:02:03 pm »
Theye are infamous for being hard to fit. The older version is even harder, I think a year or two ago they started to make them slightly wider.

It also depends on the rims - some tyres fit better with some rims than others. The size standards in manufacturing both rims and tyres are not really there.
I hate them. Well the fitting and removing of them. Once on they roll beautifully, especially the 32mm tyres.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34724 on: May 4, 2024, 02:43:29 pm »
Giro starts today. Vuelta  Femenina, stage 7 too. Tro Bro Leon tomorrow.

Today the Giro goes over Superga, in tribute to the Torino team that was lost in an airplane crash in 1949.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34725 on: May 4, 2024, 03:15:08 pm »
Tubeless tyres! Yikes.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34726 on: May 7, 2024, 05:58:45 pm »
Tubeless tyres! Yikes.

Why is there no sealant?

You can use inserts that make rolling a tyre off less likely. It's not usually a problem in itself though (on the road), it mostly only happens after a puncture, when the tyre has lost pressure.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34727 on: May 7, 2024, 08:46:10 pm »
Why is there no sealant?

You can use inserts that make rolling a tyre off less likely. It's not usually a problem in itself though (on the road), it mostly only happens after a puncture, when the tyre has lost pressure.
The sealant must be all over the road.  ;D I've seen those inserts. For you and I they make sense, for pro's, not going to be adding any weight to their bikes, are they.

I've just spent an hour wrestling with those 28mm tyres. I packed in the end and opened a new pair of 32  mm tyres. I've just ordered a new pair too. As big as 28mm looked, to my old 19mm riding eyes, they're nowhere as good as rolling on the 32's. My tourer didn't have 32mm tyres back then. I love all the tech advances that have happened since the mid 70's on. Clothing, frames wheels, groupsets, everything.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34728 on: May 12, 2024, 09:01:11 pm »
Ah, summer's over again! :lmao