Author Topic: Spiders....  (Read 147577 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spiders....
« Reply #1440 on: January 10, 2016, 09:22:36 pm »
Our kid lives in Bournemouth, they get some massive spiders down there, he also has his pet false widows in the conservatory that kill the flies. A few years ago one of the family gave our kid a sheepskin coat that had been on his boat to keep warm when he went outside for a smoke. First time he wore it he could feel something in the sleeve on the forearm. Our kid has got quite large arms, anyway he takes the coat off and there's this massive spiders wrapped around his arm. He said he shit himself flicked it off and it ran off into the garage. He never saw it again, but there were webs like arachnophobia in the roof of the garage
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1441 on: January 11, 2016, 03:18:17 pm »
....from Mars

Seems apt for today

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1442 on: January 22, 2016, 11:28:26 pm »
I had to remove this from my wife's windscreen this morning.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1443 on: January 22, 2016, 11:35:15 pm »

I've got a switch inside my car that would do that :)

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1444 on: January 22, 2016, 11:38:51 pm »
If you do that it just flicks it to the side and they then crawl on the side window, or even worse they disappear and she wont drive the car for a week and uses mine instead.
Then I'm a middle aged bald bloke driving a red convertible ::)

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #1445 on: January 22, 2016, 11:40:18 pm »

I hope you used a machete (and that the spider was unharmed, retained all 8 legs and was never to be seen again!).
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1446 on: January 22, 2016, 11:42:35 pm »
I'd of burnt the car to be honest. Small price to pay to ensure certain death of that thing.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1447 on: January 22, 2016, 11:45:41 pm »
I've got a switch inside my car that would do that :)

Unless it sets the self destruct, your switch is useless.

I would have gone outside and been like

"The spider wants the car, it's got good taste, now I need a new car"

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1448 on: January 23, 2016, 09:57:18 am »
Fucking hell, how did I ever go to Brisbane!

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #1449 on: January 23, 2016, 09:59:23 am »

If you do that it just flicks it to the side and they then crawl on the side window, or even worse they disappear and she wont drive the car for a week and uses mine instead.
Then I'm a middle aged bald bloke driving a red convertible ::)

Is that spider venomous?

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1450 on: January 23, 2016, 10:17:30 am »
Is that spider venomous?

Does it matter? I bet it kills just by flicking a casual, narrow-eyed glance in your direction.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1451 on: January 23, 2016, 10:41:43 am »
Is that spider venomous?

Not deadly (just aggressive), so that's alright according to the weird world of Australians!

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1452 on: January 23, 2016, 05:04:29 pm »
I'll just add that to my list of why not to ever visit Australia. Fucks knows what you feed them over there but they're too damn big!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1453 on: January 23, 2016, 05:07:59 pm »
I'll just add that to my list of why not to ever visit Australia. Fucks knows what you feed them over there but they're too damn big!

Small children, goats, birds, dogs, dingo's , just about anything it wants really.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1454 on: January 24, 2016, 09:17:54 pm »

Aahhhhhh, just fuck off. No way would I get back in that car. Id be straight on webuyanycar.com. well buy this one you twats.

Offline LFCGeezer

• Anny Roader
  • buttered bread
« Reply #1455 on: January 25, 2016, 12:12:31 am »

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1456 on: January 25, 2016, 11:15:52 am »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1457 on: January 25, 2016, 11:48:24 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-35378879

So easy, just pop a beaker over the top of it when it rears up.  OF COURSE.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1458 on: January 25, 2016, 11:51:54 am »
Look at the fuckers fangs

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1459 on: January 25, 2016, 01:16:14 pm »
Not a spider but still a thing of fucking nightmares!

David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1460 on: January 25, 2016, 01:17:22 pm »
Remember reading my Aussie Guidebooks telling me that Funnel Webs were stocky and aggressive. Could only differentiate them from Aussie men by the extra six legs.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1461 on: January 25, 2016, 10:10:12 pm »
Yeah, I'm either packing a flamethrower or a magic carpet for this place.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1462 on: January 25, 2016, 10:22:03 pm »
Mmmmmm....spider milk
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1463 on: January 26, 2016, 08:24:05 am »
I developed a tolerance for spiders and bugs in the summer, when we basically lived full time in our caravan. Lost count of how many spiders, beetles, frogs etc etc I removed from our awning. Frogs had a tendency to stay in our shoes and wellies. There were some big spiders, by Swedish measures, in there.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1464 on: January 26, 2016, 08:54:49 am »
Yeah, I'm either packing a flamethrower or a magic carpet for this place.

That's Abernethy forest in Scotland. Been there, and seen similar scenes to this (though not as spectacular).

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1465 on: January 26, 2016, 09:36:21 am »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1466 on: January 26, 2016, 01:00:07 pm »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1467 on: January 26, 2016, 11:09:56 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-35378879

Wait, they want you to casually go and catch a deadly spider, in a jar, give it soil and air holes, then hand it in ....

GET TO FUCK!

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1468 on: February 11, 2016, 03:28:17 am »
Don't click. Don't do it. Dear god why did I watch this.  :lmao

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_EZ_vI7cWAI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_EZ_vI7cWAI</a>
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1469 on: February 12, 2016, 06:31:34 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1470 on: February 12, 2016, 11:05:44 pm »
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1471 on: February 12, 2016, 11:24:00 pm »
Bastard is too nice a word for those horrible fuckunts.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1472 on: February 13, 2016, 02:11:51 am »
It's mad how irrationally fearful people in the UK get over harmless spiders.  They keep the house free from annoying and maybe even dangerous insects.  I can understand people being fearful of dangerous, venomous spiders, but over here I let them roam free.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1473 on: February 28, 2016, 06:54:09 pm »
What Creeps Out Of This Dead Spider Will Crawl Into Your Nightmares

Working on the internet really desensitizes you to certain stuff. Things that used to be funny to you seem to lose their sparkle, DIYs feel old and worn thin, and if you see one more "social experiment" you're gonna lose your mind.

The one thing that never seems to get old, though, are shockingly WTF videos. And parkour fails – but that's probably just because I'm a horrible person.

Obviously there's a limit to how freaky I like my vids to get, but short of seeing people actually get seriously hurt, I like pretty much everything. My personal favorites come from the two best countries in the world: Australia and Russia, although Japan is a close third. They each produce their own distinct, high-quality WTF content, but Australia wins without a doubt.

Boasting a population descended from criminals and wildlife bent on eating you, poisoning you, or both, Australia seems like a place that was made up by parents trying to scare the living crap out of misbehaving children. Seriously, it's like the ultimate bogeyman — "Keep it up and you'll get sent away to Australia like the older brother you never met." *Shivers*

The poor bugger in the video below apparently has the misfortune of living in the land of things that want to kill you, and like a good Australian, he's well prepared. When he found this giant freaking spider lurking about his home, he grabbed the bug spray (not that Off! crap that we use, but the real deal), and got down to business.

For the most part, once you've smashed/sprayed/obliterated a spider, the worst part is over. What he could never have anticipated, though, is how truly messed up his country's creepy crawlies are.

After spraying the spider (and killing it), a nightmarish creature emerged from the belly of the beast, writhing around the desk. I got that weird "bugs on my skin" sensation just watching the damn thing.

If you're wondering what exactly is going on, the Science Channel has your answer. That cuddly little guy is a spiderworm, which is also known as a Mermithid.

It sounds pretty bad already, but it gets even worse. This truly effed up creature literally sucks the life from others, living inside of the spider for its entire life and eating its flesh.

Wormy the spiderworm starts out with eggs from water hatching inside of a spider. Wormy is smart, and doesn't gorge on her dinner. She keeps the host alive strategically, making it thirstier and thirstier, so that Wormy can eventually lay eggs in the water for some poor, unsuspecting spider to consume.

I'd say that this seems like a good thing if it wasn't so goddamn terrifying, but hey — that's Australia for you.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4E5vUUtSWT4&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4E5vUUtSWT4&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

http://diply.com/trendy-joe/article/nightmare-dead-spider?utm_content=inf_10_3147_2&tse_id=INF_21349c5fc60a4ccf99d4337f2f4242fa

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1474 on: February 29, 2016, 09:38:17 am »
That's so fucking wrong and fucked up.  I'm sorry but the only course of action is.....

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1475 on: February 29, 2016, 10:21:22 am »
Couldn't help but wonder how something that big could be tucked up inside the spider like that. [/barf]

Popcorn's Art

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1476 on: February 29, 2016, 10:26:19 am »
Couldn't help but wonder how something that big could be tucked up inside the spider like that. [/barf]

Probably the same way a 15m+ tapeworm could be inside of you right now.

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1477 on: February 29, 2016, 10:29:55 am »
Probably the same way a 15m+ tapeworm could be inside of you right now.

;D

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1478 on: March 1, 2016, 02:31:07 am »
It's mad how irrationally fearful people in the UK get over harmless spiders.  They keep the house free from annoying and maybe even dangerous insects.  I can understand people being fearful of dangerous, venomous spiders, but over here I let them roam free.

I have an "arrangement" with two spiders in my room that keep to opposite ends on the ceiling. They take care of any annoying insects that get in, and I kill other spiders that are on 'their turf'.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1479 on: March 2, 2016, 01:12:12 pm »
I have an "arrangement" with two spiders in my room that keep to opposite ends on the ceiling. They take care of any annoying insects that get in, and I kill other spiders that are on 'their turf'.

Do they know that they're not supposed to run around on your face and go inside your mouth at night time?