Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 226766 times)

Offline RedRon

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #880 on: October 10, 2019, 04:00:42 pm »
The homes would be far easier to build up if you were to take the option to keep the aways.

True but it will be a pain to start from scratch again and not being in gauranteed sale and instead back to scrapping for late availability ones. This is for all competitions and I don't think it will be as easy to build up the homes again for Champions League. As said earlier if they would also allow transfer of credit history from one to another then it wouldn't be so much  of a problem for many people.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #881 on: October 10, 2019, 04:04:01 pm »
Anyone that's already done the Fan Update heard back? Kinda want to do it asap but know it's a few days earlier than planned.

Mine should be relatively smooth but I am oddly quite nervous over my membership card and credits generally anyway. Always have this weird feeling somehow something will fuck up and I'll be off the ladder for 10 years.  ;D
YNWA.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #882 on: October 10, 2019, 04:07:57 pm »
I appreciate where people who have been going for years are coming from but why is it fair for anyone to be regularly using a card in someone else’s name?  It’s fine for the odd game but I don’t think it should be done regularly.

I’ve wanted to get on the away ladder for years but it’s a closed shop.  I managed to get the odd away when Blackburn and Wigan were in the league but that soon fell off my card.

They are never going to find a solution that everyone agrees with but I think it’s a good start and fair for the majority to try and make it one card per Member/STH.

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #883 on: October 10, 2019, 04:16:29 pm »
Still don't understand the photo ID bit.  Photo ID is usually used when you have the person in front of you, and can compare that they are the same person as in the photo.  Or you can use to compare one photo to another photo.  But if the club are saying photo ID is essentially, what are they comparing the photo with?  If they're not comparing the photo to something, and say they're not keeping the photo for future use, then how does it prove anything?  What is the point of submitting photos then?  What are the club not telling us about photos?

Like others on here, with the club not explaining the photo bit, it doesn't engender confidence.

I think it does discriminate against older people with paper (non-photo) driving licenses.  Can't see why a paper driving license is not allowed, as to have one you have to have lived at the same address for many years. 

Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
« Reply #884 on: October 10, 2019, 04:20:44 pm »
Still don't understand the photo ID bit.  Photo ID is usually used when you have the person in front of you, and can compare that they are the same person as in the photo.  Or you can use to compare one photo to another photo.  But if the club are saying photo ID is essentially, what are they comparing the photo with?  If they're not comparing the photo to something, and say they're not keeping the photo for future use, then how does it prove anything?  What is the point of submitting photos then?  What are the club not telling us about photos?

Like others on here, with the club not explaining the photo bit, it doesn't engender confidence.

I think it does discriminate against older people with paper (non-photo) driving licenses.  Can't see why a paper driving license is not allowed, as to have one you have to have lived at the same address for many years. 

I don't think it's anything tactical or sinister on the clubs part to be fair. It's probably just to do with the vetting process you go through to obtain one of the allowed photographic IDs, basically saves the club a lot of trouble. That being said, I get your point about old paper driving licenses!

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #885 on: October 10, 2019, 04:22:57 pm »

It's to confirm the name on the card is the same as the name on the ID provided at the same address. The photo ID is a Government issued card with your name on which can then be compared against the name / address / DOB supplied.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #886 on: October 10, 2019, 04:25:36 pm »
They aren't bothered about addresses because they let you submit just a passport pic.

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #887 on: October 10, 2019, 04:26:13 pm »
I appreciate where people who have been going for years are coming from but why is it fair for anyone to be regularly using a card in someone else’s name?  It’s fine for the odd game but I don’t think it should be done regularly.

I’ve wanted to get on the away ladder for years but it’s a closed shop.  I managed to get the odd away when Blackburn and Wigan were in the league but that soon fell off my card.

They are never going to find a solution that everyone agrees with but I think it’s a good start and fair for the majority to try and make it one card per Member/STH.

I started with Blackburn and ended up with 18 and others have done the same, so obviously when we were shite you weren’t that arsed.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #888 on: October 10, 2019, 04:43:15 pm »
I started with Blackburn and ended up with 18 and others have done the same, so obviously when we were shite you weren’t that arsed.
Bit harsh to say that when you don't know my circumstances.

The Blackburn one I had was under Kenny when Carroll scored the late winner and we were pretty shite at the end of that season!  Before then I was at uni and when I left it took me 6 months to get a full time job so I didn't have the funds to be going to home games regularly, never mind away games.  I used my credit the following season for Wigan but since then there have been very few opportunities.  I find it hard to believe anyone could have built up 18 away credits since 2012.

I'm not saying I'm entitled more than anyone else, particularly someone who has 18.  I just want the opportunity to maybe go to 1 or 2 aways during a season and I think it's fairer to have one card per member.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #889 on: October 10, 2019, 04:49:17 pm »
My mate has a ST in someone else’s name , no way of getting hold of the lad. Is he fucked ?

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
« Reply #890 on: October 10, 2019, 05:02:59 pm »

I'm one of them people with the old paper license, just had to fork out £30 for a cityzen card.
Whilst I could have done without having to spend £30 I am pleased that they are doing something at long last to stop people with multiple cards.
Hopefully this will make it easier buying tickets in November and I can get my seats back in the kop for the second half of the season and help claw that £30 back :)

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Online courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #891 on: October 10, 2019, 05:05:11 pm »
My mate has a ST in someone else’s name , no way of getting hold of the lad. Is he fucked ?

Sounds it. But he's going to have to speak to the club I think through their portal.

Is the actual STH deceased? Or just off grid?

There must be some protocol for deceased people as I'm guessing there will be a fair few people in that situation?
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #892 on: October 10, 2019, 05:14:12 pm »

My mates in the same position been using the seasie for about 15 years but no contact with the person whose name is actually on the ticket. Have records etc of purchasing it, hopefully this can help.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #893 on: October 10, 2019, 05:19:29 pm »
Genuine question.

How or why do people end up using cards or STs not in their name for years?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #894 on: October 10, 2019, 05:27:35 pm »
Genuine question.

In my mates case he took one on when a lad emigrated to Australia, and he got through a work colleague who has since left so has no contact with the person who originally had it.

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #895 on: October 10, 2019, 05:31:35 pm »
Genuine question.

I used to go with a school mate years ago. Mate stopped going, had the address changed over to my own and I’ve gone with me brother ever since.

Online Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #896 on: October 10, 2019, 05:32:55 pm »
Genuine question.

I've also wondered how it works with payment - surely the club can see that the payment is being made by someone different to whom the card/ST is registered to?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #897 on: October 10, 2019, 05:38:53 pm »

Think you've missed the point

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #898 on: October 10, 2019, 05:41:29 pm »
Genuine question.

Because season tickets that are no longer wanted or used get passed on, they never get passed back to the club

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #899 on: October 10, 2019, 05:42:30 pm »
Because season tickets that are no longer wanted or used get passed on, they never get passed back to the club

Which I presume is now a thing of the past after this exercise?

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #900 on: October 10, 2019, 05:42:33 pm »
In my mates case he took one on when a lad emigrated to Australia, and he got through a work colleague who has since left so has no contact with the person who originally had it.
I used to go with a school mate years ago. Mate stopped going, had the address changed over to my own and I’ve gone with me brother ever since.

Ta. Was just curious to understand how it can develop from a game or two here and there to that length of time.

Again, genuine question. Does that mean when they started going they were going to games they wouldn’t have been eligible for or had credits to get to without those cards/STs, or were those games more available back then? Or was it due to being able to sit together you kept it going that way?

"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #901 on: October 10, 2019, 05:47:45 pm »
I've also wondered how it works with payment - surely the club can see that the payment is being made by someone different to whom the card/ST is registered to?

Club won't have access to any payment info, it's all encrypted.

They'll have last 4 digits of card no, that's it.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #902 on: October 10, 2019, 05:48:20 pm »
Which I presume is now a thing of the past after this exercise?

Yep, they say as much.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #903 on: October 10, 2019, 05:57:07 pm »
They aren't bothered about addresses because they let you submit just a passport pic.

No you have to prove address separately

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #904 on: October 10, 2019, 06:03:09 pm »
No you have to prove address separately

Where does it say that?

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #905 on: October 10, 2019, 06:04:50 pm »
Where does it say that?

Initially Official Members who recorded 13 or more games during the 18/19 season will be required to provide us with photo ID along with proof of name, address and date of birth. 

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #906 on: October 10, 2019, 06:16:26 pm »
Initially Official Members who recorded 13 or more games during the 18/19 season will be required to provide us with photo ID along with proof of name, address and date of birth.

Didn't see that bit, cheers.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #907 on: October 10, 2019, 06:30:49 pm »
My mates in the same position been using the seasie for about 15 years but no contact with the person whose name is actually on the ticket. Have records etc of purchasing it, hopefully this can help.

Fingers crossed , he’s had it since 2001. The lad sold it him then got sectioned and nobody heard from him again.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #908 on: October 10, 2019, 06:48:45 pm »
Given I use a card in someone’s name who no longer lives in the country, I’d say that’s me fucked.

Not necessarily - this will be an 'out of the box' challenge the Club will have to deal with. Fill the contact form in when it's your turn to Update and ask them what to do.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #909 on: October 10, 2019, 06:51:07 pm »
The girl at a LFC said to me why didn’t you transfer ST into your name previously- answer your lot have let me!! FFS they are happy for me to pay on the same credit card for both but now not for me to have the credit.

Totally appreciate trying to stop the tours but I’m not one of them, John my steward at Anfield can vouch for me - same person in same seat for years........

Hoping they win title this year as my brother my last watching at Anfield thanks to the Fan Update - oh the irony ::)

If you were in a supporters' union they would help....  ;-)
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #910 on: October 10, 2019, 06:54:18 pm »

Not necessarily if he has a convincing story and can prove his own usage, he may get the transfer to his name but he will be told if Mr Invisible re-appears and wants it back then he will definitely lose it.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #911 on: October 10, 2019, 06:57:47 pm »
Quick question Graham, do you know if Northern Ireland driving licences will be accepted? Sometimes with things that need verification with UK companies they dont accept NI licences.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #912 on: October 10, 2019, 07:00:45 pm »
Quick question Graham, do you know if Northern Ireland driving licences will be accepted? Sometimes with things that need verification with UK companies they dont accept NI licences.

I don't but you get a few goes before you get locked out so try it once.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #913 on: October 10, 2019, 07:02:33 pm »
My lad (11) has full cup credits and a couple of aways on his personal fancard.  For 3 years he's been going on another lads fancard (>13 credits).  I can probably at a push get in touch with the other lad but that won't be easy.

If I manage to transfer the name on the >13 credits card into my sons name, he'll have two cards.  Then what?

Offline RedSue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #914 on: October 10, 2019, 07:05:26 pm »

Mate emigrated as well and used for over 10 years as club wont let you transfer.  Made the payment on a my credit card and if the club get the money never interested who it is from!!

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #915 on: October 10, 2019, 07:08:07 pm »
My lad (11) has full cup credits and a couple of aways on his personal fancard.  For 3 years he's been going on another lads fancard (>13 credits).  I can probably at a push get in touch with the other lad but that won't be easy.

If I manage to transfer the name on the >13 credits card into my sons name, he'll have two cards.  Then what?

He won't as they will see there is a duplicate.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #916 on: October 10, 2019, 07:15:42 pm »
Not necessarily if he has a convincing story and can prove his own usage, he may get the transfer to his name but he will be told if Mr Invisible re-appears and wants it back then he will definitely lose it.

Thanks Graham

Offline RedSue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #917 on: October 10, 2019, 07:18:15 pm »
If you were in a supporters' union they would help....  ;-)

Good shout just joined  8)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #918 on: October 10, 2019, 07:23:44 pm »

There's going to be loads of foreign licences. My brother in law is Australian with only Australian ID,  the system will need to be very sophisticated to know what to accept and what is fake.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #919 on: October 10, 2019, 07:50:07 pm »

This is similar to me but I sort of pre-empted it at the end of last season , I’ve had access to 3 season tickets since 1996 it was 5 but 2 were sent back to the club in 2011 by the named holder of all 5 . Since 2008 my lad has had one and my mates lad has had the other . When the main stand was done we all moved together so 4 of us sit alonside each other .

They are linked by family and friends on the site and my 2 have been linked to my email and payed with by my debit card for years , I’ve even  had to visit the ticket office a couple of times and the staff have understood what goes on and I’ve  had no issues .

The man whose name is on the 3 tickets died three years ago so this pre season I went up and knowing an amnesty may be on the way I explained and asked the procedure . The girl said it was fine to do it but I needed the following for a changeover ( which I still haven’t done )

An original death certificate
Photo ID for all 3 new recipients
Proof of address of all 3 new recipients
An email address for all 3
A letter of consent of the transfer off next of kin .