Author Topic: Sexual Abuser Donald Trump Indicted  (Read 385308 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Legal repercussions for Trump and his cabal
« Reply #320 on: February 4, 2021, 10:11:06 pm »
Genuine question mate, why would you find that amusing?

It would be a very bitter amusement, as clearly Trump should be condemned.  But justice is coming for him regardless of what the GOP do, so watching them tie themselves up in knots proving that black is in fact white, all because they don't have the stones to go up against a 74 year old con man - yeah, that brings a twisted smirk to my face.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: February 4, 2021, 10:18:48 pm »
I know this is all serious and all - but Jesus his letter to the Screen Actors Guild “resigning”.

That man was the President like 2 weeks ago...

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #322 on: February 4, 2021, 10:20:54 pm »
The senate will vote and most of the GOP will acquit.  But, to use an extreme analogy, if you vote to acquit a self confessed murderer of murder on the ground that you don't think the law has the reach or the grounds to convict said murderer, you're going to look like a fucking idiot. Especially when you are literally basing your vote on your own opinion, rather than any kind of legal precedent or standing.

Do you honestly think the anyone in the GOP (apart from a very small handful of moderates) give 2 flying fucks what they look like to me, you or Joe Soap?

Go back to the last impeachment trial and take a look at the way some of them treated Lt. Col Vindman

If they can be that unashamed in their treatment of a national hero, what makes you think they'd be worried about looking like a "fucking idiot" as you put it?

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #323 on: February 4, 2021, 10:54:31 pm »

I know this is all serious and all - but Jesus his letter to the Screen Actors Guild “resigning”.

That man was the President like 2 weeks ago...

Posting it for the lolz.

"I write to you today regarding the so-called Disciplinary Committee hearing aimed at revoking my union membership. Who cares!

While I’m not familiar with your work, I’m very proud of my work on movies such as Home Alone 2, Zoolander and Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps; and television shows including The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Saturday Night Live, and of course, one of the most successful shows in television history, The Apprentice – to name just a few!

I’ve also greatly helped the cable news television business (said to be a dying platform with not much time left until I got involved in politics), and created thousands of jobs at networks such as MSDNC and Fake News CNN, among many others.

Which brings me to your blatant attempt at free media attention to distract from your dismal record as a union. Your organization has done little for its members, and nothing for me – besides collecting dues and promoting dangerous un-American policies and ideas – as evident by your massive unemployment rates and lawsuits from celebrated actors, who even recorded a video asking, “Why isn’t the union fighting for me?”

These, however, are policy failures. Your disciplinary failures are even more egregious.

I no longer wish to be associated with your union. As such, this letter is to inform you of my immediate resignation from SAG-AFTRA. You have done
nothing for me."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: February 4, 2021, 10:57:10 pm »
Do you honestly think the anyone in the GOP (apart from a very small handful of moderates) give 2 flying fucks what they look like to me, you or Joe Soap?

Go back to the last impeachment trial and take a look at the way some of them treated Lt. Col Vindman

If they can be that unashamed in their treatment of a national hero, what makes you think they'd be worried about looking like a "fucking idiot" as you put it?

I don't give a fuck what they think.  They might give a fuck about what the electorate think though, as most polls indicate people think Trump should be punished for what happened.

I'm not even American, so my opinion in the great scheme of things means diddly squat.  But if Trump goes up there on the stand, basically confesses, and STILL gets acquitted?  That's comedy gold for me.  Because if you don't laugh, you'd have to cry.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: February 4, 2021, 10:59:28 pm »
Posting it for the lolz.

"While I’m not familiar with your work, I’m very proud of my work"

I stopped reading there.  So very Trump. Doesn't give a fuck about anyone except himself. Hell, this is the guy who dissed Meryl Streep.

Popcorn's Art

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #326 on: February 4, 2021, 11:02:34 pm »
Also, it will be highly amusing to watch the GOP acquit a man who has just confessed to a crime because they want to find a loophole or technicality not to vote him down.
I doubt Trump will give evidence, why should he take the risk. the GOP must be praying he doesn't take the stand, they are going to argue the evidence is irrelevant and there vote to acquit will be based on this argument so the last thing they need is Trump giving credence to the Democrats right to impeach him.
We all know Trumps not going to be Impeached as the Republicans fear a backlash from the Trump base. they will face a backlash from the decent Republicans who have been walking away from the party since Trump incited violence with the big lie supported by a party with no respect for democracy or decency. they have to be punished and am sure they will in the next Senate elections as many ex Republican supporters will loose all respect for this era of Republican politicians.

I think the Republicans have slipped up badly, we know some of the rioters charged never even voted in the last election, I wonder how many voted in the past anyway,  the Turnout for the last election was massive, I know the claim is 20% of the Republican voters were Trump supporters but a large part of Trumps base are conspiracy theory nuts, doubt most of them would bother voting when Trump walks away. so the vast majority of voters lost will be people who never bothered voting till Trump came along. they will however annihilate millions of long term Republican voters who have turned out to support the party for years.
I started to question the accepted opinion of a party or politician influencing more people to vote who have never bothered voting as a good thing. we saw it happen in the UK from 2015 on wards, many of those people were very gullible, Trumps done the same in the US, influenced millions to vote, they are clueless when it comes to judging politics and politicians.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2021, 11:05:27 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline The_Nomad

• Kopite
« Reply #327 on: February 4, 2021, 11:08:54 pm »
Despite all this talk about legal ramifications for the orange shit stain and his cult, all the repugnants have to do is flip about 40,000 people scattered over 4-5 states to take back the presidency. Think about how obscene and demoralising that is especially if you’re a person who wants to see continuous progressive change in the country.
Good Judgement Comes From Experience, Unfortunately Experience Comes From Bad Judgement.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: February 4, 2021, 11:11:29 pm »
I doubt Trump will give evidence, why should he take the risk. the GOP must be praying he doesn't take the stand, they are going to argue the evidence is irrelevant and there vote to acquit will be based on this argument so the last thing they need is Trump giving credence to the Democrats right to impeach him.
We all know Trumps not going to be Impeached as the Republicans fear a backlash from the Trump base. they will face a backlash from the decent Republicans who have been walking away from the party since Trump incited violence with the big lie supported by a party with no respect for democracy or decency. they have to be punished and am sure they will in the next Senate elections as many ex Republican supporters will loose all respect for this era of Republican politicians.

I think the Republicans have slipped up badly, we know some of the rioters charged never even voted in the last election, I wonder how many voted in the past anyway,  the Turnout for the last election was massive, I know the claim is 20% of the Republican voters were Trump supporters but a large part of Trumps base are conspiracy theory nuts, doubt most of them would bother voting when Trump walks away. so the vast majority of voters lost will be people who never bothered voting till Trump came along. they will however annihilate millions of long term Republican voters who have turned out to support the party for years.
I started to question the accepted opinion of a party or politician influencing more people to vote who have never bothered voting as a good thing. we saw it happen in the UK from 2015 on wards, many of those people were very gullible, Trumps done the same in the US, influenced millions to vote, they are clueless when it comes to judging politics and politicians.

Trump probably won't take the stand; then again, as many of us have theorised, his immense ego and belief he can talk himself out of any situation by simply blurting out his intentions... it probably won't happen but the anticipation and the smell of Republicans collectively soiling their pants at the prospect, is glorious for me.

Remember: Trump doesn't give a fuck about the Republicans now.  In his mind, they betrayed him.  But they still have to stick by him, because he has their nuts in a vice. We all know the sensible path for Republicans requires a lot of short term pain; by abandoning this lunatic fringe and moving to the centre right, which will probably cost them any realistic chance of power for a decade.  They don't want to do it. 

But when you have the likes of Kevin McCarthy worrying that Jim Fucking Jordan of all people might take his job, where does that leave them?

Popcorn's Art

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: February 4, 2021, 11:53:40 pm »
Trump probably won't take the stand; then again, as many of us have theorised, his immense ego and belief he can talk himself out of any situation by simply blurting out his intentions... it probably won't happen but the anticipation and the smell of Republicans collectively soiling their pants at the prospect, is glorious for me.

Remember: Trump doesn't give a fuck about the Republicans now.  In his mind, they betrayed him.  But they still have to stick by him, because he has their nuts in a vice. We all know the sensible path for Republicans requires a lot of short term pain; by abandoning this lunatic fringe and moving to the centre right, which will probably cost them any realistic chance of power for a decade.  They don't want to do it. 

But when you have the likes of Kevin McCarthy worrying that Jim Fucking Jordan of all people might take his job, where does that leave them?
Yep. always been about himself.
He won't give evidence, I think the backlash over the riots has shook him as he can't defend himself with his usual nasty viscous attacks. I don't mean Twitter or Facebook, Trump is keeping a low profile by choice, he could have TV cameras keeping him in the news if he wanted so he's chosen to gag himself. imo.Trump is fearing accountability.
I think the Democrats will have won the argument on whether they have the right to Impeach Trump as soon as Trump takes the stand as I would be shocked if they didn't argue Trump believes we have the right to Impeach him otherwise he wouldn't have recognized our right to impeach him by taking the stand. he would be a fool if he left himself so vulnerable when he has a way out.
I was thinking of what McCarthy said about not knowing what QAnon was then being exposed as a liar as he on record saying QAnon is a cancer in the party, am sure Trump said something similar in the past about QAnon, liars need a very good memory, Trump has told many lies, Trumps lawyers know he will drop himself right in it if he takes the stand, Trumps never paid a price for his lies, he will if he lies under oath.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #330 on: February 5, 2021, 02:56:46 pm »
I don't give a fuck what they think.  They might give a fuck about what the electorate think though, as most polls indicate people think Trump should be punished for what happened.

Polls matter little mate.

As mad as it is, Trump still clocked up a sizeable amount of votes. Biden needed an unusually large turnout to beat him and still didn't win by that much. As others have mentioned, Republicans only need to convince 40,000 people to swing back towards red to regain the presidency in 2024. And if they deem Trump the best man to do it, then they'll put him forward again. There's nothing amusing in that IMO. Its utterly depressing
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: February 5, 2021, 04:09:55 pm »

As mad as it is, Trump still clocked up a sizeable amount of votes. Biden needed an unusually large turnout to beat him and still didn't win by that much. As others have mentioned, Republicans only need to convince 40,000 people to swing back towards red to regain the presidency in 2024. And if they deem Trump the best man to do it, then they'll put him forward again. There's nothing amusing in that IMO. Its utterly depressing

It's typically difficult to unseat a sitting president as sheer inertia usually sees them through. And although Biden didn't win by much, he DID win; as opposed to Trump being buried under the popular vote twice in succession. 

I'm reasonably confident that a fair chunk of those who voted for Trump in November have come to regret their choice since the riot; and Trump isn't going to be standing in 2024, no matter what he or the Republicans might say.

They want him out of the way as much as anyone else.  They just don't want to pull the trigger themselves.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: February 5, 2021, 04:16:51 pm »

FFS Billy let us have a moment of enjoyment  ;D

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: February 5, 2021, 04:25:44 pm »
It's typically difficult to unseat a sitting president as sheer inertia usually sees them through. And although Biden didn't win by much, he DID win; as opposed to Trump being buried under the popular vote twice in succession. 

I'm reasonably confident that a fair chunk of those who voted for Trump in November have come to regret their choice since the riot; and Trump isn't going to be standing in 2024, no matter what he or the Republicans might say.

They want him out of the way as much as anyone else.  They just don't want to pull the trigger themselves.
Yep. plenty of information and videos showing Republican voters are walking away from the party, i think they will stay away as long as they see the same Republican politicians still in power.
Then there's the millions of other voters who Trump mobilized to vote for the first time, they voted just for him. Politicians like Cruz and Hawley seem to think these voters will come out in force to vote for them when Trumps gone, they are making a big mistake,  I expect the turnouts to be far lower at the next few elections, it will be mostly down to all those people who voted Trump who usually never bothered voting sitting on their backside again come election day.
The biggest threat to the Democrats is the effect of Covid, the cost to the economy and the personal cost to millions of Americans.                                         
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: February 5, 2021, 04:40:30 pm »
Yep. plenty of information and videos showing Republican voters are walking away from the party, i think they will stay away as long as they see the same Republican politicians still in power.
Then there's the millions of other voters who Trump mobilized to vote for the first time, they voted just for him. Politicians like Cruz and Hawley seem to think these voters will come out in force to vote for them when Trumps gone, they are making a big mistake,  I expect the turnouts to be far lower at the next few elections, it will be mostly down to all those people who voted Trump who usually never bothered voting sitting on their backside again come election day.
The biggest threat to the Democrats is the effect of Covid, the cost to the economy and the personal cost to millions of Americans.                                       

Don't forget the millions of voters Trump mobilized to vote for the first time who voted against him too. Now we see GOP states like Georgia formulating even more draconian voter suppression laws to stem the purple tide.

Popcorn's Art

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: February 5, 2021, 04:49:20 pm »
Don't forget the millions of voters Trump mobilized to vote for the first time who voted against him too. Now we see GOP states like Georgia formulating even more draconian voter suppression laws to stem the purple tide.
Yep. Stacy Abrams did a amazing job and it's shocking how people seem to feel indifferent about this, tell them to wear a mask to save lives and they are screaming, talk about taking away your right to fight for your human rights or voter suppression and you get a shrug of the shoulders.
Lets hope the democrats have the chance to oust all those Republican Governors who want to take away their right to vote, I know the Republicans will argue all sorts of bulll.. to justify bringing in voter suppression laws but that is their intention, they want to stop Democrat voters from having the right to vote.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2021, 09:43:37 pm by oldfordie »
               Emily Maitlis

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #336 on: February 5, 2021, 04:58:34 pm »

Do we know who transcripted it all?

Seems like they have a mole on the inside. They have runs series of articles about the end of the Trump administration.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #337 on: February 5, 2021, 05:54:58 pm »
Posting it for the lolz.

"I write to you today regarding the so-called Disciplinary Committee hearing aimed at revoking my union membership. Who cares!

While I’m not familiar with your work, I’m very proud of my work on movies such as Home Alone 2, Zoolander and Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps; and television shows including The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Saturday Night Live, and of course, one of the most successful shows in television history, The Apprentice – to name just a few!

I’ve also greatly helped the cable news television business (said to be a dying platform with not much time left until I got involved in politics), and created thousands of jobs at networks such as MSDNC and Fake News CNN, among many others.

Which brings me to your blatant attempt at free media attention to distract from your dismal record as a union. Your organization has done little for its members, and nothing for me – besides collecting dues and promoting dangerous un-American policies and ideas – as evident by your massive unemployment rates and lawsuits from celebrated actors, who even recorded a video asking, “Why isn’t the union fighting for me?”

These, however, are policy failures. Your disciplinary failures are even more egregious.

I no longer wish to be associated with your union. As such, this letter is to inform you of my immediate resignation from SAG-AFTRA. You have done
nothing for me."

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #338 on: February 5, 2021, 06:26:35 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: February 5, 2021, 07:43:34 pm »
And if they deem Trump the best man to do it, then they'll put him forward again. There's nothing amusing in that IMO. Its utterly depressing
I don't think Trump will win in 2024 Billy.

For a few reasons.

There'll be a significant amount of damaging court cases which will decimate his credibility (I know, I know) leaving a smaller caucus (I know it could still be 60 million) which will be insufficient.

I'm almost certain his mental capacity will decline. He'll be demonstrably unfit to govern.

But if it actually got to voting day, as I said in October 2020 (doesn't seem a minute ago) the Dems know they need to vote in numbers to win, they'll do it again. I think if he ran, more of the undecided would vote for a Dem than him. If its Kamala, she'd draw a lot of the black vote that GOP receives.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: February 5, 2021, 07:55:23 pm »
Told you he wouldn’t testify!

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/jamie-raskin-trump-testify/

Well it's McCarthy-ism levels of dirty - where they made taking the fifth as good as an admission of guilt - but we need Democrats who will fight dirty with this piece of shit, so well done to Raskin.

At least he signed his letter "Very truly yours". ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #341 on: February 5, 2021, 08:03:21 pm »

As mad as it is, Trump still clocked up a sizeable amount of votes. Biden needed an unusually large turnout to beat him and still didn't win by that much.

He won by more than seven million votes. That is a considerable amount with respect to the popular vote.
According to Trump this was also a landslide in terms of the number of seats (as declared by the orange one in 2016).
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #342 on: February 5, 2021, 08:51:47 pm »
The economy has to get going. You could be a literal angel, wings'n'all, and you will be voted out when people see their pumps at the station and bills go up while jobs go down.

I know it's not a popular opinion on here, but this is why I wish for the Dems to focus on the Covid relief, vaccinations and getting restaurants and tills open asap, ahead of this impeachment nonsense.

45 Reps already said they opposed, he's not going to be there. There is no upside. Here we are in Feb and now he's going to be making headlines, might even sneak in a soundbite or two. Leave him to fester in Florida and turn the page. Reach out to the middle of what is a very, very divided and bruised nation.

If he is impeached then he's martyred, if he isn't (most likely) then you've just gone 0-2 with the orange one and he'll be screaming it from the rooftops of the mini White house in Florida. No upside.

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #343 on: February 5, 2021, 09:38:10 pm »

Voting company Smartmatic has now also filed a $2.7 billion libel suit against Giuliani, Fox News and their hosts, and Powell.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: February 5, 2021, 09:47:21 pm »
Voting company Smartmatic has now also filed a $2.7 billion libel suit against Giuliani, Fox News and their hosts, and Powell.

Smartmatic, a firm 'that builds and implements electronic voting systems' are suing Fox, Lou Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo, Jeanine Pirro, Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell for $2.7 billion.

They're being quite straightforward in their legal case:

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: February 5, 2021, 09:51:11 pm »
The economy has to get going. You could be a literal angel, wings'n'all, and you will be voted out when people see their pumps at the station and bills go up while jobs go down.

I know it's not a popular opinion on here, but this is why I wish for the Dems to focus on the Covid relief, vaccinations and getting restaurants and tills open asap, ahead of this impeachment nonsense.

45 Reps already said they opposed, he's not going to be there. There is no upside. Here we are in Feb and now he's going to be making headlines, might even sneak in a soundbite or two. Leave him to fester in Florida and turn the page. Reach out to the middle of what is a very, very divided and bruised nation.

If he is impeached then he's martyred, if he isn't (most likely) then you've just gone 0-2 with the orange one and he'll be screaming it from the rooftops of the mini White house in Florida. No upside.

Covid needs to be handled.  The Covid relief bill is being fast tracked, and there's a strong chance Biden will ditch attempts to win Republican support if they try to stonewall it.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/05/politics/senate-budget-resolution-covid-19-relief/index.html

The budget bill is essentially done, which will pave the way for the Covid Relief bill. I agree the impeachment trial will impede the process somewhat, but it has to be done. 

Trump is already a martyr to his base, so it doesn't matter what they, or he think or say.  Without twitter, he's castrated.  You don't give up doing the right thing just because the odds of success are low.  He caused a riot that led to people dying.  He tried to overthrow the US government and get himself installed as a dictator.  You don't let that go. 

And fuck reaching out.  Republican's idea of reaching out is that you cross over to where they are and they don't budge a fucking inch.  They demand bipartisanship when they're in opposition but will bumfuck the constitution the minute they are in power.  No more games, no more playing nice.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: February 5, 2021, 10:06:14 pm »
You don't give up doing the right thing just because the odds of success are low.
Actually a lot of politics is about assessing your options and taking decisions, rather than going on pure principle.
And fuck reaching out.  Republican's idea of reaching out is that you cross over to where they are and they don't budge a fucking inch.  They demand bipartisanship when they're in opposition but will bumfuck the constitution the minute they are in power.  No more games, no more playing nice.
Note sure why you think appealing to the middle is an exclusively republican idea.

A number of states voted for Trump the 1st time and then switched to Biden. They did so for a number of reasons, but one of the main ones they turned on Trump is when the economy went south yet the noise remained.

"Fuck reaching out" sounds very nice, but in the real world every government interested in remaining in power has to reach out to the middle. 

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: February 5, 2021, 10:14:39 pm »
Actually a lot of politics is about assessing your options and taking decisions, rather than going on pure principle.

Aye.  And whilst impeachment is a political act, it is also a necessary act against someone who is morally reprehensible.  Because the next person this evil might not be so stupid and incompetent.

Note sure why you think appealing to the middle is an exclusively republican idea.

A number of states voted for Trump the 1st time and then switched to Biden. They did so for a number of reasons, but one of the main ones they turned on Trump is when the economy went south yet the noise remained.

"Fuck reaching out" sounds very nice, but in the real world every government interested in remaining in power has to reach out to the middle.

There's a difference between reaching out to the people and reaching out to the politicians who represent them.  It is useless trying to reach out to Republican politicians because they'aren't interested in bipartisanship.  For them "compromise" is simply about getting Democrats to water down proposals by offering false promises of support if they do.

Reach out to the people, though, and you can cut Republicans off at the knees.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: February 5, 2021, 10:17:25 pm »

Red Berry has pointed out how your initial concerns could be addressed. I'm sorry, but I've got to say mate, each time you post about this subject, and I don't mean any disrespect but I wonder whether you're either a Trumpite or too lazy to read the plethora of information available that demands the impeachment trial occurs.
There's enough videos posted on here that illustrate it. Just dedicate two hours to a Glen Kirschner video, preferably a full day to be honest.

Then come back and say hello.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: February 5, 2021, 10:22:56 pm »
There's a difference between reaching out to the people and reaching out to the politicians who represent them.  It is useless trying to reach out to Republican politicians because they'aren't interested in bipartisanship.
I never said the politicians; they don't vote you in (or keep you in). With the Dems controlling all levels there should be even less of a motive (if there was one) to work with the politicians.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: February 5, 2021, 10:33:42 pm »
I wonder whether you're either a Trumpite or too lazy to read the plethora of information available that demands the impeachment trial occurs.
A quick search through my message history should tell you my opinion on Trump. I've also done my research, and saw what took place like everyone else.

Unfortunately John, these days there isn't a middle a ground, or at least a reasoned ground. You're either all in or you're an uneducated Trumpite. Nonsense of course.

A person can still point out the merit and noble intention of a decision and the setbacks of it too. I look at the various factors (him not being in office, not bothering to show up, 45 reps already shooting it down) and to me, there are more powerful and longer lasting methods to show the public that a mad approach like his is not the way to go.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #351 on: February 5, 2021, 11:11:11 pm »
Say what you want about the Lincoln Project, but this is just epic.... :lmao

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Mq8CU18nQ98" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Mq8CU18nQ98</a>

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: February 5, 2021, 11:31:44 pm »
Given he’s no longer president, can Trump be forced to testify or can he simply ignore?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: February 5, 2021, 11:54:30 pm »
and to me, there are more powerful and longer lasting methods to show the public that a mad approach like his is not the way to go.
:duh

What is more powerful than at least attempting to hold an already known corrupt President accountable for threatening a Georgia official to find 12000 votes and creating a violent insurrection which to this day I'm still surprised only 5 people died at?

Congress is doing what it needs to by asking the Senate what it thinks about that little lark. About its building being raided and smashed to fuck.

Meanwhile Biden is getting on professionally with his Presidential duties which includes long lasting methods to improve lives.

What are the more powerful methods you'd suggest mate?

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #354 on: February 5, 2021, 11:55:08 pm »

David Mack                  @davidmackau

Documents seen by BuzzFeed News show that Parler offered Trump 40% of the company if he posted exclusively to the platform. The deal was never finalized.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: February 6, 2021, 12:11:41 am »
Well it's McCarthy-ism levels of dirty - where they made taking the fifth as good as an admission of guilt - but we need Democrats who will fight dirty with this piece of shit, so well done to Raskin.

At least he signed his letter "Very truly yours". ;D
Refusing to turn up and testify is not the same thing as testifying and taking the 5th.

There is no mention of issuing a subpoena - anyone know why?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: February 6, 2021, 12:25:27 am »
What is more powerful than at least attempting to hold an already known corrupt President accountable for threatening a Georgia official to find 12000 votes and creating a violent insurrection which to this day I'm still surprised only 5 people died at?
What are the more powerful methods you'd suggest mate?
As I've repeatedly stated this is all good and well if this was a proper, criminal hearing. You're talking as if he's going to be in the dock and he's going to be sentenced for the death of 5 people and destruction etc. The c*nt is now a private citizen, and he's refused to testify or bother to show up. The judge who was supposed to oversee this said it's not in the constitution and jumped. This isn't even a trial by absentia, since you can at least technically find someone guilty there, in this case the necessary amount of 'jurors' (if you will) that are needed to implicate him have already indicated they won't.

Stopping him from running again (he's already 74) will do nothing to the ambition of the younger, hungrier versions of this c*nt like DeSantis, Hawley, or even Cruz waiting to continue his shit, but in their own forms. The same toxicity, the same ideology. You really think a show impeachment trial with the factors I highlighted above will make that side of their political spectrum think twice?

I have already said the way to hammer this movement, to stifle their ambition is to show the people (not the politicians, since they are beyond hope) that you can have jobs, a good educational/health system, and equality. This is done by (as you said) Biden creating the policies to do so.

This impeachment gives air to cretins and a platform they needn't have. It's fine if it was going to set out its aims, but I have my doubts of it doing so, due to the factors I highlighted.

It's pointless to keep saying 'but someone has to pay for inciting a riot and killing 5 people so it won't happen again'. You're not going to get that closure; you'll only give him the headlines he needs. The c*nt is not there anymore. The rules don't apply to him and even if they do, they'll do nothing to shithouses he's already inspired to further his cause in office. The way to beat them is through the people who vote, not directly dealing with them.

It's unfortunate (and as I said, as a sign of the times) my opinion of the futility in the process of impeaching him is somehow being twisted to mean my endorsing this fucker in any way.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: February 6, 2021, 09:36:03 am »
Refusing to turn up and testify is not the same thing as testifying and taking the 5th.

There is no mention of issuing a subpoena - anyone know why?

During the McCarthy witch hunts, people taking the 5th was deemed as incriminating in and of itself - the reasoning being if you've got nothing to hide you should have no problem speaking.

This is being handled in the same way. Raskin is telling Trump a refusal to testify could harm his defence; and that it may be viewed, in conjunction with his inaction on the day of violence, as tacitly supporting what happened.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #358 on: February 6, 2021, 09:41:31 am »
During the McCarthy witch hunts, people taking the 5th was deemed as incriminating in and of itself - the reasoning being if you've got nothing to hide you should have no problem speaking.

This is being handled in the same way. Raskin is telling Trump a refusal to testify could harm his defence; and that it may be viewed, in conjunction with his inaction on the day of violence, as tacitly supporting what happened.

Red, didn’t Trump say that only criminals take the fifth?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: February 6, 2021, 09:52:12 am »
As I've repeatedly stated this is all good and well if this was a proper, criminal hearing. You're talking as if he's going to be in the dock and he's going to be sentenced for the death of 5 people and destruction etc. The c*nt is now a private citizen, and he's refused to testify or bother to show up. The judge who was supposed to oversee this said it's not in the constitution and jumped. This isn't even a trial by absentia, since you can at least technically find someone guilty there, in this case the necessary amount of 'jurors' (if you will) that are needed to implicate him have already indicated they won't.

Stopping him from running again (he's already 74) will do nothing to the ambition of the younger, hungrier versions of this c*nt like DeSantis, Hawley, or even Cruz waiting to continue his shit, but in their own forms. The same toxicity, the same ideology. You really think a show impeachment trial with the factors I highlighted above will make that side of their political spectrum think twice?

I have already said the way to hammer this movement, to stifle their ambition is to show the people (not the politicians, since they are beyond hope) that you can have jobs, a good educational/health system, and equality. This is done by (as you said) Biden creating the policies to do so.

This impeachment gives air to cretins and a platform they needn't have. It's fine if it was going to set out its aims, but I have my doubts of it doing so, due to the factors I highlighted.

It's pointless to keep saying 'but someone has to pay for inciting a riot and killing 5 people so it won't happen again'. You're not going to get that closure; you'll only give him the headlines he needs. The c*nt is not there anymore. The rules don't apply to him and even if they do, they'll do nothing to shithouses he's already inspired to further his cause in office. The way to beat them is through the people who vote, not directly dealing with them.

It's unfortunate (and as I said, as a sign of the times) my opinion of the futility in the process of impeaching him is somehow being twisted to mean my endorsing this fucker in any way.

TipTop, I think you need to remind yourself of the impeachment timeline and why it happened.

Trump incited a fatal riot, and his people deliberately impeded an immediate, effective response to it, in order to maximize its chance of success. Watch the videos of the day again. Trump did nothing. He simply watched CNN with an old man boner because those people were doing it for him.

This was a direct threat to government; a deliberate attempt to prevent a lawful act of election certification. For days afterwards, Democrats demanded the 25th be invoked, as Trump was clearly in violation of his oath of office and unfit to govern.

Impeachment was introduced, not to punish Trump or Republicans, or create a divide. It was done because there was a very real threat of further violence, and that Trump was actively pushing for acts of domestic terrorism. The reason it's being dealt with now is because McConnell wouldn't let it be dealt with before inauguration.

Dropping proceedings hands Trump, and the cretins, a victory. The impeachment was borne out of an imminent and very real danger of overthrowing the government. We can be objective about the political futility of such an action, but it is not, in the great scheme of things, going to significantly affect Biden's work to address covid or stabilise the economy.

He's been in charge two weeks, and likely already done more than Trump did in 12 months. He's got four years yet. Let him get on with it. The impeachment will take care of itself.

Popcorn's Art