Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 886989 times)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #280 on: May 28, 2018, 09:53:16 pm »
If anyone wants to read their fan's reaction. http://liveteam-asm.com/AsmForum/index.php?/topic/8-fabinho/&page=62

Boss fans going by that thread. Wishing him well, with heavy hearts but big love for the reds too. Sounds like we've got another fan favourite. Well in Edwards, the boss et al
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: May 28, 2018, 09:53:16 pm »
He's cheaper and better on the ball than Ndidi. I'm all for it. 6ft2.

Fabinho/Hendo with Keita and Fekir.

Scenes.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #282 on: May 28, 2018, 09:53:23 pm »
Imagine it flew under the radar partly because you'd never know he was a footballer if you bumped into him in the street, quite an unassuming character. He is really good at football though. Saw him more last season but he's a considerable upgrade on what we've currently got, whether that's henderson, Emre or Gini. Also the type of player that explains a lot more as to why we also want Fekir. If he's going into the box to make extra numbers from midfield you need someone who can gallop up and down the pitch and Fabinho can do that as well as a young Momo.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #283 on: May 28, 2018, 09:53:34 pm »
I have no idea if this bloke is any good at all, but I know that we desperately need a number 6 and am encouraged that the deal has been done with such alacrity. Clearly he was the club’s first choice. Klopp has obviously acknowledged our problem at number 6, sought to rectify it and acted quickly.

All very satisfying.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: May 28, 2018, 09:53:50 pm »
was he picked in the brazil squad?

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: May 28, 2018, 09:53:55 pm »
RedCafe aren’t happy with us:

Bloody Liverpool fans on RAWK calling him 'Stan'. At least there was some semblance of logic when they kept calling Firmino 'Bobby'. 'Stan' isn't in any part of Fabinho's name!

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #286 on: May 28, 2018, 09:54:02 pm »
If he is a true DM does that mean we’ll go with two more attacking options (Keita plus one) and be really aggressive next year?

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #287 on: May 28, 2018, 09:54:04 pm »
Emre's body, Emmanuel Petit's brain. Fucking dream of a signing.

I have been talking all season about how the tactical level of our midfield was a big hindrance. This guy is literally the #1 target I had to solve it. Just always thought he was off to United. In a big game, Fabinho, Gini & Keita = opponent not touching the ball once in midfield. Not once. Fabinho = no more long punts for Lukaku to flick on. He just dominates that zone.

Dream of a signing.

That'll do for me
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline JURGENKLOPP

• Thou shalt not steal. (books, from St. Thomas More Catholic High School)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #288 on: May 28, 2018, 09:54:11 pm »

I have been talking all season about how the tactical level of our midfield was a big hindrance. This guy is literally the #1 target I had to solve it. Just always thought he was off to United. In a big game, Fabinho, Gini & Keita = opponent not touching the ball once in midfield. Not once. Fabinho = no more long punts for Lukaku to flick on. He just dominates that zone.

Dream of a signing.
This is great news coming from you. Dream of a signing! Can't wait to get back into it next season already. I love a rangy midfielder!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #289 on: May 28, 2018, 09:54:22 pm »

Look... Nobster....
There’s something I need to share with you but I don’t know how to start...

My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I
Got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up my window
And I can't see at all
And even if I could it'll all be gray
Put your picture on my wall
It reminds me, that it's not so bad
It's not so bad
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: May 28, 2018, 09:54:29 pm »
As a squad option yup. He will be phased out of the starting line-up. Fabinho wasnt bought to be back-up to Hendo and neither was Naby Keita. Both are better footballers and Henderson can't play the #10 as he doesnt have the skill set.

Henderson is a great back-up with his injury problems

If we sign Fekir our midfield core will be

Fabinho, Fekir, Keita, Henderson, Ox, Gini, Milner with Lallana being sold I would assume as we do not need 8 midfielders when we also have Grujic and Woodburn. My guess is Grujic goes on loan again and Milner plays a part when needed and leaves on a free next Summer with Grujic hopefully ready to step up that year.

Klopp will not sell Lallana,he loves him to death.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: May 28, 2018, 09:54:49 pm »

Dream of a signing.

Now you have got me excited. I was expecting a midfield of Wini, Keita and Ox/Lallana. which would I believe be able to handle most most teams in the league,

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: May 28, 2018, 09:55:28 pm »
Melissa Reddy
@MelissaReddy_
 1m1 minute ago
#LFC's recent work in the transfer market - Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah, Andy Robertson, Naby Keita - has seen other clubs closely take note (evidenced by Barcelona trying to hijack a deal for the latter) and so the quiet policy with Fabinho and others is by design

Makes sense. Probably why Fekir was leaked by French before British press.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #293 on: May 28, 2018, 09:55:30 pm »
Care to elaborate?

What kind of improvement do we need at DM and how doesn't he improve them?

If you see the game tactically, you value players like Fabinho. If you don't, you don't.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: May 28, 2018, 09:55:34 pm »
Wait.  What?  Who?  :o

;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: May 28, 2018, 09:55:37 pm »
If he is a true DM does that mean we’ll go with two more attacking options (Keita plus one) and be really aggressive next year?

Fekir played today for France and played very advanced so I could see that to be the case.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: May 28, 2018, 09:55:52 pm »
Assaidi.

Mad he's going to be our 3rd/4th most expensive signing ever and nobody had a clue.

Ah the thinking mans Nabil El Zhar.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: May 28, 2018, 09:56:03 pm »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #298 on: May 28, 2018, 09:56:27 pm »
Klopp will not sell Lallana,he loves him to death.

It does raise the question though... wouldn't be a huge shock at this point if one of Wijnaldam / Henderson or Lallana was sold ... I guess AOC's injury makes it less likely  - but if Fekir is really coming too we've got an awful lot of 'plays somewhere in the middle' lads

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #299 on: May 28, 2018, 09:57:33 pm »

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: May 28, 2018, 09:57:50 pm »
Nice to get the Can replacement in early and no world cup helps integrating him. No idea how good he is but full faith in Edwards/klopp.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #301 on: May 28, 2018, 09:58:16 pm »
Melissa Reddy
@MelissaReddy_
 1m1 minute ago
#LFC's recent work in the transfer market - Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah, Andy Robertson, Naby Keita - has seen other clubs closely take note (evidenced by Barcelona trying to hijack a deal for the latter) and so the quiet policy with Fabinho and others is by design

I've always thought this would end up happening.

We need to start pursuing decoys. I want to see the coaching staff scouting Jay Spearing and Lee Cattermole to throw everyone off the scent.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: May 28, 2018, 09:58:35 pm »
The comments form Klopp show just how much detail we go into.

His family, his attitude in the dressing room... all have been assessed.

No wonder he was supporting us in the CL final.  Thought it was a bit odd for a former Real player.

and that's something that all of the Monaco supporters praised him for as well

The vibe and harmony within the squad is really good

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #303 on: May 28, 2018, 09:59:01 pm »
Very excited about this... I thought he was untouchable after they sold half their team last summer.

I guess Fabinho and Lemar are out of there as well.   Great job by Edwards, Kloppo and the Scouting Staff. 

This guy is a fantastic #6 for our style of play....
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #304 on: May 28, 2018, 09:59:17 pm »
Melissa Reddy
@MelissaReddy_
 1m1 minute ago

Also explains why the Fellaini links were all over the place, trying to trick Barca into buying the big lug.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: May 28, 2018, 09:59:27 pm »
It does raise the question though... wouldn't be a huge shock at this point if one of Wijnaldam / Henderson or Lallana was sold ... I guess AOC's injury makes it less likely  - but if Fekir is really coming too we've got an awful lot of 'plays somewhere in the middle' lads

Yeah it does seems a bit crowded at the moment, I just can't see anyone being sold, Wijnaldum would be the most likely but I just dont see it.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: May 28, 2018, 09:59:28 pm »
All feels a bit like that player we signed that nobody had heard of, done fuck all then went to Stoke. Ousmane Assidi or some shit.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #307 on: May 28, 2018, 09:59:29 pm »

Tepid you've upset Red Cafe with this name, naughty.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #308 on: May 28, 2018, 09:59:29 pm »
If we were going to buy one I'd have liked one who was more a deep lying playmaker than a dm as our weakness in midfield is keeping possession (especially against the press) and penetrative passing against set defences
If we couldn't get Jorginho I was happy with Henderson / Wijnaldam / Keita covering the position - or switching to a double pivot

I'm not against the transfer to be clear its not like he's bad - we've decided to replace Can with similar which is fine - I'm just no clear on how he significantly improves us ... genuinely hope to be proved wrong ...provided we have the cash to get a top quality AM and wide forward as well its all good

Read what Klopp said
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: May 28, 2018, 09:59:58 pm »
His former teammate Keita Balde:

'There is something in him. He is a bit like Busquets: he is a player that normal people do not look at, they watch Messi, Neymar, Suarez ... But someone who knows football will say that he is beautiful. Fabinho gave me the same feeling as Busquets'

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: May 28, 2018, 10:00:27 pm »
was he picked in the brazil squad?
Nope.

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
« Reply #311 on: May 28, 2018, 10:01:05 pm »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #312 on: May 28, 2018, 10:01:12 pm »

:lmao

Oh my days

:lmao

There’s one born every minute...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: May 28, 2018, 10:01:31 pm »

We've just played the whole of the last month and a bit with three fit CMs!

Milner is 33 next time, Lallana is already 30...their playing time will naturally diminish. Can is gone. If we are to compete and win a trophy or two we have to have real quality in depth.

I love how this was done. I love how United thought they would get him. I love how us getting to final raised our profile enough to land him.

Klopp sees pre-season as really important so he's getting shit done early. Fekir next?

What a shot in the arm after Saturday.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #314 on: May 28, 2018, 10:01:47 pm »
I have no idea if this bloke is any good at all, but I know that we desperately need a number 6 and am encouraged that the deal has been done with such alacrity. Clearly he was the club’s first choice. Klopp has obviously acknowledged our problem at number 6, sought to rectify it and acted quickly.

All very satisfying.

You'll love him Yorky. He's both fantastic on the ball and absolutely dominates his zone in every way. Quick across the deck too for a big guy. Tactically one of the smartest midfielders I've seen.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: May 28, 2018, 10:01:54 pm »
His former teammate Keita Balde:

'There is something in him. He is a bit like Busquets: he is a player that normal people do not look at, they watch Messi, Neymar, Suarez ... But someone who knows football will say that he is beautiful. Fabinho gave me the same feeling as Busquets'

so we call him beautiful stan?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: May 28, 2018, 10:02:11 pm »
Where the fuck did this come from? I thought someone had bumped an old thread or something.

Babu, expecting a full write up on this fella as I have no idea about him  ;)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: May 28, 2018, 10:02:12 pm »
Stan and his wife on instagram on a private jet on the way back from Liverpool today.

https://twitter.com/lfctikitaka/status/1001203714722541570?s=21

Another one for the “what would you be if you weren’t a footballer”. “A virgin” category..

Bloody hell.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: May 28, 2018, 10:02:47 pm »
We need a good squad to compete in four competitions. There's definitely place for him.

Of that there's no doubt,we've been complaining about how light our bench is for years now.Don't see a spot for him in our best starting 11 though,not if they both slot right in anyhow,even more so if Ox comes back strong.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: May 28, 2018, 10:02:59 pm »
You'll love him Yorky. He's both fantastic on the ball and absolutely dominates his zone in every way. Quick across the deck too for a big guy. Tactically one of the smartest midfielders I've seen.
He may have the body of Can the brain of Petit...

But he’s got my fucking hair not theirs,
W