Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 141975 times)

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #800 on: December 27, 2010, 02:42:22 pm »
Why don't you start one, you clearly defend( support him) so it will probably turn into a strongly debated thread, or maybe one that shatters the current RAWK record for bannings from one thread.

thats a good point, i will start my own thread defending our manager later on today.

once again, apologies for de-railing this thread, i will no longer be posting to any responses in here and will only post in this thread in future when i can pick to pieces a statement from roy hodgson that allows me to bash him.

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #801 on: December 27, 2010, 02:44:51 pm »
Nice one. Waltz in, drop a few grenades then fuck off.
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #802 on: December 27, 2010, 02:45:44 pm »
thats why that 7th place is uch a good barrometer despite mascherano, benayoun, and riera also being determined to leave the squad.

It's not. Villa are weaker and those that left were replaced by not infinitely worse players. Roy has a sixth placed squad. At present he is underperforming with it and on current results using last seasons league table will have us finishing tenth.

He has time to improve and he needs to.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: December 27, 2010, 02:46:16 pm »
Anyway back on topic Roy's press conferences and interviews just leave me agitated. If he's saying that this is all he can do I think that pretty much points to him not being good enough. And for not changing his strategy from Fulham to Liverpool is ridiculous.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: December 27, 2010, 02:46:36 pm »
Roy eh? What a nonce.

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: December 27, 2010, 02:50:23 pm »
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: December 27, 2010, 02:53:21 pm »

i'm not made up with it, with another negative spend, i didn't expect anything to significantly change, thats why that 7th place is uch a good barrometer despite mascherano, benayoun, and riera also being determined to leave the squad.

my whole point is saying judge roy in may and not in january.

Well, given that he himself, on the 10th of September asked to be judged after 10 games why have you decided to extend it until the end of the season?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1310784/Roy-Hodgson-tells-Liverpool-fans-Judge-10-League-games.html

Actually, maybe you're right because last week he changed his mind & asked to be judged after the January transfer window...

http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/news/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=155607841

I'm guessing that at the end of the season, a season in which (given the current projections) we're highly likely to grossly under-perform, that he'll be saying judge me at the end of next season. Just a hunch like...

The man is a serial abdicator of responsibility. It's no way to lead & he's clearly not upto the job.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 03:24:45 pm by Mal »
@ManifoldReasons

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #807 on: December 27, 2010, 02:53:25 pm »
Roy eh? What a nonce.

:lmao I'm sure you've just mispelt "nonsence".
The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #808 on: December 27, 2010, 02:54:08 pm »
So you are calling for a manager to be judged over 10 months rather than 7?

Is that like judging a manager over 6 years rather than 1?

Nicely put
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: December 27, 2010, 02:55:20 pm »
Sorry, meant to say "bonce" as in his head. N and B are close to one another.

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: December 27, 2010, 02:57:42 pm »
Sorry, meant to say "bonce" as in his head. N and B are close to one another.

Fat fingered scribe? :D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: December 27, 2010, 02:59:41 pm »
So you are calling for a manager to be judged over 10 months rather than 7?

Is that like judging a manager over 6 years rather than 1?

Discussion over, well said.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: December 27, 2010, 03:00:23 pm »

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #813 on: December 27, 2010, 03:08:19 pm »
my whole point is saying judge roy in may and not in january.
Why, though?

The thing is, I would normally espouse patience with Liverpool Managers; I did with Houllier, I did with Rafa. These were mangers who had flaws but at least had vision and belief. That patience presupposes that I understand and appreciate the job they are doing or at least think they showed evidence prior to appointment of being a good fit for LFC.

Neither of these things apply to Hodgson. I can see no evidence of Hodgson the coach, Hodgson the motivator, Hodgson the winner, and most damning, absolutely not a jot of evidence for Hodgson the club builder.

That's not just 6 months of LFC, that's his career, which is why I had no interest in his appointment. I see him as a solid administrator for a mid table club who can get a fair bit out of the very ordinary. Not a man LFC should be touching with a bargepole.

1, 3, 6, 12 months or 35 years are not going to change that. I've  already seen too much of a manager appointed by a clueless and unambitious regime to manage decline and mediocrity, a manager I didn't want. I don't need to wait til May to judge on a fact I knew in August. Had we appointed a more ambitious, inspirational, talented manager who was signing and using exciting youth I would accept our current league position and dreadful results are necessary pain. I don't think that applies, I'm afraid.

Hodgson is not the answer, neither short, medium or long term, unless the question is how do Liverpool get worse.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 03:13:09 pm by Red number seven »
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline colden

• Main Stander
« Reply #814 on: December 27, 2010, 03:09:45 pm »

Every comment he makes is a desperate defence of himself.

Don't know about having a stadium of 60-70k. We'll struggle to fill Haig Avenue if the decline continues.

This is probably the most worrying aspect of continuing with Roy in charge. It's unheard of in recent history for fans to be able to buy tickets for most home games, right up to the day of the game. They've even been advertising the games on Radio City!! I thought it was only Everton who needed to do that.

Hopefully this message is getting through to FSG. Do they really want large sections of the ground empty, with the resulting reduction in match-day revenue?

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #815 on: December 27, 2010, 03:10:00 pm »
:lmao I'm sure you've just mispelt "nonsence".

:lmao

As have you.

Bottom line is, Rafa was sacked for not getting that squad to 4th. Ergo it must have been good enough (if injury free) to get 4th. Ergo any weakening of the squad since is entirely down to his successor.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #816 on: December 27, 2010, 03:10:51 pm »

As have you.

Bottom line is, Rafa was sacked for not getting that squad to 4th. Ergo it must have been good enough (if injury free) to get 4th. Ergo any weakening of the squad since is entirely down to his successor.
Errrno, he was sacked for taking on the board.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #817 on: December 27, 2010, 03:13:50 pm »
Yes we know that. But if you're the media....
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: December 27, 2010, 03:19:13 pm »
Yes we know that. But if you're the media....
I don't do media. Just here and Crystal Meth.

Immaculate!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #819 on: December 27, 2010, 03:23:13 pm »
is this thread purely set up to bash the manager of liverpool fc?

hodgson inherited a squad that could only finish 7th last season.  on top of that, 3 of that squad (mascherano, benayoun, riera) were already on their way out of the door before hodgson could have his 1st competitive game, further weakening that 7th placed squad.

in roys only transfer window, he was give a negative transfer spend

wouldn't it be fair if we gave our new manager 1 full season in charge and then judged him at the end of the season and see whether he can improve on our 7th place finish of last season, despite that negative transfer spend?

if roy could improve on 7th, despite a negative transfer spend, and despite our own fans not backing or supporting him, then surely he will have proved his worth?

That is far too sensible Im afraid. Far too reasoned and considered. We must bash the manager at every opportunity.
He had his 10 games to prove he was the right man, remember ?

In all seriousness though mate, the guy hasnt exactly endeared himself to us with some of the stuff he comes out with.
But I do agree he should be given at least a season before he can be PROPERLY judged on his ability to be the MANAGER.
But at the same time I think its fair to assume he wont be here next season.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: December 27, 2010, 03:24:02 pm »

Do you think if he had finished fourth they would have still sacked him?

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #821 on: December 27, 2010, 03:27:16 pm »

Thats a darn good question that.
Would of been very hard to justify to be fair.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline FOOT

• AND MOUTH
  • Kopite
  • British media - bunch of c*nts
« Reply #822 on: December 27, 2010, 03:29:18 pm »
he should be given at least a season before he can be PROPERLY judged on his ability to be the MANAGER.

Dont agree. he has had 35 years to prove it, and failed.

He was not good enough last year - is not good enough this year - will not be good enough next year. Why? Because he is not good enough.
THE TRUTH?

Lord Justice Taylor's official inquiry into the disaster disparaged The Sun's story and was unequivocal as to the disaster's cause:

The Taylor Report stated that official cause of the disaster was the failure of police control.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: December 27, 2010, 03:29:32 pm »
I honestly think they would of, I don't really know what would have saved him in all honesty. Football did have a part don't get me wrong but it just seemed his position was gone before the season was out and there was no real shocks when it was announced, was there? I know I wasn't that shocked in all honesty.

Offline therockbox

• Legacy Fan
  • Funklord
« Reply #824 on: December 27, 2010, 03:30:21 pm »

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #825 on: December 27, 2010, 03:31:30 pm »
Dont agree. he has had 35 years to prove it, and failed.

He was not good enough last year - is not good enough this year - will not be good enough next year. Why? Because he is not good enough.

This may be the case mate but not as manager of LFC perhaps ?
Better players etc . . .
I doubt it will be an issue come May anyways.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #826 on: December 27, 2010, 03:32:05 pm »

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #827 on: December 27, 2010, 03:33:16 pm »
That is far too sensible Im afraid. Far too reasoned and considered. We must bash the manager at every opportunity.
He had his 10 games to prove he was the right man, remember ?

In all seriousness though mate, the guy hasnt exactly endeared himself to us with some of the stuff he comes out with.
But I do agree he should be given at least a season before he can be PROPERLY judged on his ability to be the MANAGER.
But at the same time I think its fair to assume he wont be here next season.

I'll entertain the premis that the 'manager' should be given a season if you can answer the following poser

Would giving Roy a full season be seen as the right thing to do if the club loses Torres, Reina and Johnson owing to another poor season? Or, should we protect the mid term future by removing the manager as soon as it becomes evident that we are regressing?
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: December 27, 2010, 03:34:05 pm »
I honestly think they would of, I don't really know what would have saved him in all honesty. Football did have a part don't get me wrong but it just seemed his position was gone before the season was out and there was no real shocks when it was announced, was there? I know I wasn't that shocked in all honesty.

I dont buy it myself. Dont get me wrong I think tbe hoard hated him but if he pulled fourth he would have stayed IMO as he would still have had the majority of fans.

Finishing outside the top four finished him in the eyes of many fans.

The reality that is was right we did is now coming into vision.

Offline therockbox

• Legacy Fan
  • Funklord
« Reply #829 on: December 27, 2010, 03:35:14 pm »
Herein lies my point.
No.  It doesn't.

It was a post that had nothing to do with the thread, let alone a post that would have been wrong even if it was in the right place.  Calling it 'reasoned and considered' was hilarious, although I'm not surprised you agreed with it.

Offline FernandoTourettes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: December 27, 2010, 03:40:23 pm »
I haven't worked any differently here than I did in the last six months at Fulham.

Imagine any Fulham player signing for us and saying the same thing!

We are not Fulham Roy! He just doesn't get it.....

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: December 27, 2010, 03:40:40 pm »
I dont buy it myself. Dont get me wrong I think tbe hoard hated him but if he pulled fourth he would have stayed IMO as he would still have had the majority of fans.

Finishing outside the top four finished him in the eyes of many fans.

The reality that is was right we did is now coming into vision.
I can only judge from whom I know and those who were opposed to some of benitez's tactics as being say, Anti Rafa, even they knew the best thing at the end of last season was for him to stay. I can only judge a gauge from whom I know as I say but most had the same mantra of in the current climate of better the devil you know. If that's the correct way to put it across.
I just thought he took them on once too many times and to be honest, I think his record of having bust ups/fall outs with the board where ever he's gone has done for him in coming back here if I was to be brutally honest about it.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #832 on: December 27, 2010, 03:45:52 pm »
I'll entertain the premis that the 'manager' should be given a season if you can answer the following poser

Would giving Roy a full season be seen as the right thing to do if the club loses Torres, Reina and Johnson owing to another poor season? Or, should we protect the mid term future by removing the manager as soon as it becomes evident that we are regressing?

Good question mate.
You say Another poor season there, so this season , wherever we end up will be attributed to Roy of course but last season then has to be attributed to Rafa, no ?
So thats 2 seasons that have may have not gone well, both will contribute to those players thoughts of what to do. So to lay the blame solely on One manager is nonsense, they are both to blame, as are the players. It will be crying shame if Reina or Torres leaves , but thats up to them. The club is bigger than that, I dont want them to go but any manager who came in in the summer might have had a dodgy start and we might not have been better off than we are now, so there was always a chance of that happening.

Id say removing the manager now MIGHT regress the team further , not guaranteed of course but its not out of the realms of possibility either.
But then again it might be the best thing we can do, there are no guarantees mate.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #833 on: December 27, 2010, 03:46:57 pm »
No.  It doesn't.

It was a post that had nothing to do with the thread, let alone a post that would have been wrong even if it was in the right place.  Calling it 'reasoned and considered' was hilarious, although I'm not surprised you agreed with it.

Again, you have proved the point I was making. Do you think the Owners make decisions that are not reasoned and considered ?

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #834 on: December 27, 2010, 03:48:35 pm »
Is this tag team or what?

When two become one.

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #835 on: December 27, 2010, 03:48:39 pm »

As have you.

Rubbish, I don't do Spelling misteaks.
The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #836 on: December 27, 2010, 03:52:09 pm »

So surely he should have the undying gratitude of every Red, and deserves to be reinstated as soon as feasible? As Roy has said, there is nothing more that he can do.

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #837 on: December 27, 2010, 03:55:26 pm »
Give the man a break.

Look. What is he doing to deserve this?

Sure. He's slagged off the fans, the club, the previous manager, the players and lies through his teeth at every opportunity and covers his back like a lowly creeping slimeball.

I can't see what he's supposed to have done wrong.

Don't forget Denmark and Norway, Andy. He's managed to slag off two thirds of fucking Scandinavia!

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #838 on: December 27, 2010, 03:56:02 pm »
Good question mate.
You say Another poor season there, so this season , wherever we end up will be attributed to Roy of course but last season then has to be attributed to Rafa, no ?
So thats 2 seasons that have may have not gone well, both will contribute to those players thoughts of what to do. So to lay the blame solely on One manager is nonsense, they are both to blame, as are the players. It will be crying shame if Reina or Torres leaves , but thats up to them. The club is bigger than that, I dont want them to go but any manager who came in in the summer might have had a dodgy start and we might not have been better off than we are now, so there was always a chance of that happening.

Id say removing the manager now MIGHT regress the team further , not guaranteed of course but its not out of the realms of possibility either.
But then again it might be the best thing we can do, there are no guarantees mate.

Come on, you can do better than that.

You pour scorn on posts that ridicule, but then dodges an answer to an honest question.

On last season, yes, Rafa has to be held ultimately accountable, but so does Roy for this season. We have a manager who wants to pass blame for all our shortcomings but take sole credit for anything that appears to be going well. He can't have it both ways - he is accountable.

We are by far inferior to the side that disappointed so much last year that much is evident, so I'll rephrase my question -

Why should we give Roy more time when it is obvious we are not in a better position than last season?

Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #839 on: December 27, 2010, 04:01:21 pm »
Come on, you can do better than that.

You pour scorn on posts that ridicule, but then dodges an answer to an honest question.

On last season, yes, Rafa has to be held ultimately accountable, but so does Roy for this season. We have a manager who wants to pass blame for all our shortcomings but take sole credit for anything that appears to be going well. He can't have it both ways - he is accountable.

We are by far inferior to the side that disappointed so much last year that much is evident, so I'll rephrase my question -

Why should we give Roy more time when it is obvious we are not in a better position than last season?

Honestly was not trying to dodge the question mate. Those are my views on it.
And I said Roy has to be accountable for this season, when its over. Not yet. So far, ok its been terrible and very frustrating but Im not 100% convinced any other manager would have got more out of the players at this point. Thats not to say im right, its just my view on things.

The owners will decide what they thinks is best but you have to realise they are new to the sport , they have appointed Comolli, which is obviously their way of trying to have some say in the team from the off and they are learning. I can forgive them if they dont appoint a new man this season because of those issues. In terms of the the clubs future, one season will not define it.