Author Topic: The Men in Suits behind the scenes  (Read 549577 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: The Men in Suits behind the scenes
« Reply #6080 on: April 26, 2024, 07:14:43 pm »
If you had to give out lines what would you give me?
A dot in each square of a piece of graph paper.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6081 on: April 26, 2024, 07:21:17 pm »
What metric are you using there?

Bournemouth have spent heavily in the transfer market. They have had a Net spend of £115m this season and £75m last season.

Hughes was appointed Technical Director in 2016. That season they finished 9th. That was then followed by 12th, 14th and then relegation in 19/20. They then finished 6th in the Championship. They were promoted as runners-up in 21/22 then finished 15th after O'Neill turned things around last season and it looks like they will finish around 10th this season.

I think it is fair to say he has done okay and nothing more.

The really worry though is his record in the transfer market. You would expect a DoF at that level with the amount of money he has had to spend to have unearthed rough diamonds and then sold them on for big money. It hasn't happened. Over the last two seasons, their player sales have totaled £1m which was the sale of Ben Pearson to Stoke.

In 8 years at Bournemouth Hughes has only really made decent money once when they got relegated and presumably had to offload players. That summer they sold Ake for £40m and Wilson and Ramsdale for £20m each. That is pretty much it for players sales unless you include Danjuma who they sold for Just over £20m after paying a similar fee for him.

I mean compare that to the kind of job Brighton have done over a similar period. For me it is pretty clear that Hughes isn't here because they ran the numbers on DoF's and he came back as the outstanding candidate.

I don't think he will be making decisions tho more like a coordinator

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #6082 on: April 30, 2024, 07:50:10 am »
Why are we seeing briefings from the suits? Nunez was not our man, no issues with Salah. Feels like they are undermining Jurgen. 

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #6083 on: April 30, 2024, 09:16:16 am »
Not sure if this is the right place for this but we've extended our deal with AXA on improved terms. Hopefully means we can put a few more into the transfer kitty, definitely means the club probably didn't need to increase ticket prices next season...

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #6084 on: April 30, 2024, 02:59:32 pm »
Not sure if this is the right place for this but we've extended our deal with AXA on improved terms. Hopefully means we can put a few more into the transfer kitty, definitely means the club probably didn't need to increase ticket prices next season...

That's not the kind of warchest AXA put into, mate. The genocide enabling and pro-apartheid backing pricks.

www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpool-fc-and-axa-celebrate-continued-growth-successful-partnership-until-2029

:shite:

« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 03:03:20 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6085 on: April 30, 2024, 03:53:28 pm »
That's not the kind of warchest AXA put into, mate. The genocide enabling and pro-apartheid backing pricks.

www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpool-fc-and-axa-celebrate-continued-growth-successful-partnership-until-2029

I love this bit of the statement.

"Built upon shared common values and aspirations on and off the pitch"
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6086 on: April 30, 2024, 03:54:46 pm »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6087 on: April 30, 2024, 05:14:45 pm »
Thank god our other primary sponsor, Standard Chartered, are a paragon of virtue and decency and have absolutely nothing to do with violating economic sanctions or money laundering.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6088 on: April 30, 2024, 05:46:46 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6089 on: April 30, 2024, 05:52:52 pm »
Knew AXA were immoral but didn't realise the extent of it. Fuck them and fuck the club for doing business with them.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6090 on: April 30, 2024, 06:09:20 pm »
need to take a leaf out of Bayern fans’ book and actually protest it so it can’t be ignored. It’s disgusting the club has sponsorships with such companies.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #6092 on: April 30, 2024, 06:39:30 pm »
need to take a leaf out of Bayern fans’ book and actually protest it so it can’t be ignored. It’s disgusting the club has sponsorships with such companies.
Here we go another protest…..jeezus! You’ll all be moaning about lack of transfers in a months time. Where do you want the club to get its sponsorship from the Vatican.. I’m sure if you took a trip to Vietnam or china where Nike manufacture their products OUR kits you will also see how the workers are treated. But it’s not in line with the fume of the day.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6093 on: April 30, 2024, 06:48:13 pm »

Exactly. But I've been told companies committing human rights abuses aren't as bad as a state though, so we're all good, mate.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 06:49:52 pm by In the Name of Klopp »
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6094 on: April 30, 2024, 06:48:36 pm »
Here we go another protest…..jeezus! You’ll all be moaning about lack of transfers in a months time. Where do you want the club to get its sponsorship from the Vatican.. I’m sure if you took a trip to Vietnam or china where Nike manufacture their products OUR kits you will also see how the workers are treated. But it’s not in line with the fume of the day.

:lmao

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6095 on: April 30, 2024, 06:54:21 pm »
Go dig up the pitch at Melwood that'll teach em right?  I feel this a coming ....

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #6096 on: April 30, 2024, 08:55:37 pm »
Why are we seeing briefings from the suits? Nunez was not our man, no issues with Salah. Feels like they are undermining Jurgen. 

Where is this from?
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #6097 on: May 1, 2024, 12:16:36 am »
Where is this from?

Plucked from thin air.
We are Liverpool!

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6098 on: May 1, 2024, 12:30:08 am »
What metric are you using there?

Bournemouth have spent heavily in the transfer market. They have had a Net spend of £115m this season and £75m last season.

Hughes was appointed Technical Director in 2016. That season they finished 9th. That was then followed by 12th, 14th and then relegation in 19/20. They then finished 6th in the Championship. They were promoted as runners-up in 21/22 then finished 15th after O'Neill turned things around last season and it looks like they will finish around 10th this season.

I think it is fair to say he has done okay and nothing more.

The really worry though is his record in the transfer market. You would expect a DoF at that level with the amount of money he has had to spend to have unearthed rough diamonds and then sold them on for big money. It hasn't happened. Over the last two seasons, their player sales have totaled £1m which was the sale of Ben Pearson to Stoke.

In 8 years at Bournemouth Hughes has only really made decent money once when they got relegated and presumably had to offload players. That summer they sold Ake for £40m and Wilson and Ramsdale for £20m each. That is pretty much it for players sales unless you include Danjuma who they sold for Just over £20m after paying a similar fee for him.

I mean compare that to the kind of job Brighton have done over a similar period. For me it is pretty clear that Hughes isn't here because they ran the numbers on DoF's and he came back as the outstanding candidate.

Dont think he will be targeting players. That will be down to the Fallows, Hunter crew and our usual scouts.

Hughes will probably be heading negotiations, getting bang for the buck in selling and buying.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6099 on: May 1, 2024, 01:11:15 am »
Where is this from?

there were some of those ‘according to sources’ type articles that made the rounds a little while ago about Darwin, and then the Salah stuff is just from the other day I presume? That the club aren’t looking to sell.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #6100 on: May 1, 2024, 03:43:00 am »
Plucked from thin air.
Not quite, from another place - pluctus rectum.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #6101 on: May 1, 2024, 08:55:53 am »

They hold shares in some banks they aren't enabling or backing anything. Liverpool will benefit from it and that's what I care about.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #6102 on: May 1, 2024, 12:29:01 pm »
Achterberg going too at the end of the season
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6103 on: May 1, 2024, 12:29:22 pm »
Thought he’d be here for ever!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #6104 on: May 1, 2024, 02:39:20 pm »
Guess Taffarel's running things now?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #6105 on: May 1, 2024, 03:53:36 pm »
Guess Taffarel's running things now?
Got a great rapport with Ali so let’s hope so.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6106 on: May 1, 2024, 05:19:06 pm »
His post on LinkedIn oozes class:

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6107 on: May 1, 2024, 05:25:21 pm »

Definitely

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6108 on: May 1, 2024, 05:46:10 pm »

Any news about changes in the medical department?

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6109 on: May 1, 2024, 06:58:12 pm »

I’ve messaged him a few times on LinkedIn after successful moments congratulating him, he always took the time to reply. Top fella.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6110 on: May 2, 2024, 04:05:14 pm »
He was linked to a job with us. Get him in as part of Edwards squad.  ;D

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1786034358987505758

West Ham United technical director Tim Steidten has been told he cannot enter the club’s first team dressing room for the rest of the season.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6111 on: May 2, 2024, 04:06:41 pm »
He was linked to a job with us. Get him in as part of Edwards squad.  ;D

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1786034358987505758

Can he play as a 6.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6112 on: May 2, 2024, 04:07:50 pm »
He's German Al, Breitner is his idol.  What do you think?  ;D

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6113 on: May 2, 2024, 04:15:39 pm »
He's German Al, Breitner is his idol.  What do you think?  ;D

Great as penalties as well then. Get him signed. ;D
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6114 on: May 2, 2024, 05:08:20 pm »
Great as penalties as well then. Get him signed. ;D
Not until I see a convincing beard!

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6115 on: May 3, 2024, 08:37:23 am »
From this week's Popbitch mailout. Doesn't sound that realistic to me, but who knows?

There's about 50,000 sq ft of office space in the Heals building on Tottenham Court Road. The landlord is a foreign fund which  just spent a cool £100K on a branding agency to find ways to refresh the building's rather trad image.

The big idea that £100K bought? Change  its name from "Heals Building" to... "The Manufactory".

Unfortunately, this proposed change has gone down like a cup of cold sick with one of the existing tenants. It's the site of Liverpool FC's London office.

They went ballistic when they heard, making it quite clear they would never rent space in a building with Man U in the name.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6116 on: May 3, 2024, 09:08:37 am »
Well, someone has definitely taken over the Heals Building and renamed it The Manufactory, but whether we rented space there I do not know.

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #6117 on: May 3, 2024, 09:24:13 am »
Well, someone has definitely taken over the Heals Building and renamed it The Manufactory, but whether we rented space there I do not know.

A quick Google shows our London office is in Torrington Place near Goodge Street.