Author Topic: AFL thread: games, results, discussion  (Read 443979 times)

Offline pepe_carra_stevie_nando

• Legacy Fan
Re: AFL thread: games, results, discussion
« Reply #6120 on: June 11, 2015, 05:42:41 am »
Fair enough, though it will actually be nice to see what the old ground looks like - most new stadia end up looking pretty similar nowadays anyway!

Do you know where you are sitting? If you are at the city end where the away supporters are then the seats aren't too bad and you have some decent leg room. On the downside you will be looking into the sun all game. If you are in the 3 tier stand then prepare to have no leg room and be squashed in like sardines. There is so little space that I am 5'7 and have barely any room for my short legs. If you end up on the wooden benches then that is just plain unlucky.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6121 on: June 13, 2015, 04:07:24 pm »
Been awhile since I've posted on here. Loved the game last night. Would be nice if we could do something about our injury list though 16 out is no fun at all.
Loved the Bilcavs/Stanley combo. Bloody unreal partnership that could be if they continue on like this. How do you even mark a 198cm running & tackling machine?
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6122 on: June 13, 2015, 04:11:41 pm »
Texta.

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6123 on: June 15, 2015, 08:04:25 am »
Do you know where you are sitting? If you are at the city end where the away supporters are then the seats aren't too bad and you have some decent leg room. On the downside you will be looking into the sun all game. If you are in the 3 tier stand then prepare to have no leg room and be squashed in like sardines. There is so little space that I am 5'7 and have barely any room for my short legs. If you end up on the wooden benches then that is just plain unlucky.

Turns out we were in Block 208, there were 3 of us and our seats were the final 3 spots on the wooden benches! ;D I didn't actually think it was as bad as you had made out - I'm 178cm and medium build, and didn't find an issue with space, but one of the mates I went with is pretty small so maybe that helped. The main thing I didn't realise was how long Subi is! When the ball was down the other end I could barely make it out (I guess that's where the shallow angle of the seating makes a difference).

Didn't find massive queues to get a beer there, but also they only had mid strength (even though it was a lunchtime game) which was pretty shit. At half time we went over the walkway to the pub so could at least get full strength there.

As for the game? We are utter rubbish at the moment, and the fact that we look so back with pretty much the same squad of players that Bomber Thompson got playing some really good footy and into finals doesn't reflect well on Hird at all. Will be very interesting to see what happens to him if the performances and results stay at this terrible level for another 3-4 weeks - imagine the irony, if the thing that actually got him turfed out of the club was not the whole drug scandal, but the footballing side of things...

He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6124 on: June 15, 2015, 10:28:12 am »
Being the last row of wooden benches I wouldn't have thought the view would have been that bad as you aren't too far from the wing. I was around about that spot for the ACDC concert a few years ago with the stage being at the opposite 50m line and the view wasn't too bad. I'm behind the goals so I have trouble seeing the other end of the ground. The leg room issue is mainly to do with the 3 tier stand more than anywhere else on the ground. I'm a fat fuck and the guy on my left is about twice the size of me so that contributes to the room issue but for most games he is able to move down a seat so there is a spare one between us.

The beer issue has been a main gripe of WA supporters for years but whoever makes the final decisions refuse to give us full strength. People who are desperate for a full strength beer usually head to the Subi Sports Bar on the outside of the ground or the Billy Walker Room at the City end (although that is only open to members). I just don't drink after the game and go back to the Subi Sports Bar with mates after the game.

Bring on the new stadium and a new catering company so hopefully we can have full strength beer at a decent price.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6125 on: June 20, 2015, 07:34:25 am »
Blues are back, baby! Finally some excitement in the footy. :)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6126 on: June 21, 2015, 10:35:05 am »
Fantastic performance by Melbourne. Who'd have thought 12 months ago they could go to Geelong and outplay them?

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6127 on: June 21, 2015, 01:39:47 pm »
Fantastic performance by Melbourne. Who'd have thought 12 months ago they could go to Geelong and outplay them?
Channel 9 it seems didn't.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6128 on: June 21, 2015, 01:54:08 pm »
All elements of it are unfathomable. Even the players finding there way to Geelong to play the game.

Online GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6129 on: June 28, 2015, 12:21:33 pm »
So, looks like an eight-pointer next week between the Blues and the Doggies... take a win off them, and with the Tigers probably beating GWS we're only 3 games off that finals spot. Yep, we're gonna finish 13-9. But I'm not getting too carried away, I reckon we'll be knocked out in the preliminary. Enough to get Barker the full-time gig? Maybe...

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6130 on: June 28, 2015, 12:37:26 pm »

Avoided everything after that match. Most disappointed I've ever been in my club. Everything about that game was a disgrace.
Firstly the players for putting on that deplorable performance in a club legend's 300th. This was a struggling team coming down to our "fortress"  who hasn't beaten us in almost 10 years. Also Corey Enright's 300th & the chance to get into the 8. Absolutely shocking they couldn't get up for the match.
Secondly the fans. A player & team that has given us so much over the last 10 years & the supporters leave early & not acknowledge Enright for playing 300? Disgraceful.

Had this be week to calm down though.  :D

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6131 on: July 2, 2015, 10:57:51 pm »
Holy shit.

Awful news out of Adelaide. Their coach has been killed. This is not made up.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/adelaide-crows-coach-phil-walsh-found-dead-in-home-20150702-gi44nj.html

Online GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6132 on: July 2, 2015, 11:04:43 pm »
What the fucking fuck?!?!?!?!?!

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6133 on: July 2, 2015, 11:39:50 pm »
Awful news. Murdered by his son :(

Thoughts are of course with the family. But as a Crows fan it's terrible for the club too.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6134 on: July 3, 2015, 05:26:02 am »
Absolutely stunned. What a terrible, terrible tragedy. Thoughts with the Walsh family, the Crows, and the extended footy family.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #6135 on: July 3, 2015, 06:09:52 am »
Our ex-fitness coach Darren Burgess knew him pretty well from the sounds of things. What a terrible tradgedy for his family and The Crows.
We are Liverpool!

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6136 on: July 4, 2015, 11:11:13 am »
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6137 on: July 5, 2015, 07:38:08 pm »
Horrible when I learned what happened, thoughts with his wife and daughter.

In news on the sport itself, Hird's got to go now, he's ruining this team.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6138 on: July 10, 2015, 01:57:41 am »
Still can't quite fathom the whole Phil Walsh thing. Feel most for his wife - in one horrible moment she's lost her husband and her son is on a murder charge. Not sure how anyone could cope with that all in one go.

Yes I agree about Hird - won't it be ironic that he manages to survive the whole 2 years worth of drug scandal etc etc, and after all that the club find out that he's actually a dud coach and they would have been better off just getting rid of him anyway!!
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Online GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6139 on: July 11, 2015, 03:38:15 am »
He might have been an OK coach if not for the scandal, but you have to imagine the players find it hard to have faith in such a tainted, Teflon-coated character. Impossible to judge him tactically in the circumstances. You just need to get rid and move on ASAP.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6140 on: July 11, 2015, 02:24:27 pm »
Emotional scenes at the end of the West Coast-Adelaide game tonight, credit to those lads to be able to go out there and play so soon after such a crazy tragedy. The showdown next week will be something else.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6141 on: July 12, 2015, 05:05:55 am »
Don't know if it is just me but I'm sick of hearing about Phil Walsh. Call me insensitive if you want but It's all we've been hearing about for 2 weeks and with the Showdown next week we will probably be hearing about it for another week.

The game today though, I'll be surprised if we get within 5 goals.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6142 on: July 12, 2015, 08:19:36 am »
Performance of the year for us...even if there is a quarter to go and I might jinx it.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6143 on: July 18, 2015, 10:48:22 am »
Cant play a better quarter than that...just a shame that its only the first quarter. Absolute dominance.

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6144 on: July 25, 2015, 03:39:36 pm »
Went to the game tonight and although we lost, the effort from the kids and across the rest of the team was good to see. Totally different from just a few weeks ago when st kilda flogged us horribly - and with a bit better kicking we would have won with a bit to spare! Still kind of hoping that Hird gets binned and we get in a more experienced coach though.

Oh and gotta feel for Tiges fans - yet another way for them to have their hearts broken.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6145 on: July 25, 2015, 04:45:43 pm »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Still top bitches! catch us if yout can!!

EADAFOY black and yellow bastards. Even with the umps help all game theyr still managed to play like a bunch of dickless incomeptents when it mattered. Grigg and Houli are 2 of the biggest seagulls I have ever seen. Thanks for helping set up Barra with thre winning goal Bachar you compleyete and utter spud. Dustin Martin is a masive wanker too.

Eddie Mafguire can fuck off too the Victorianb biased c***. Every time he commentates our game she cn't heklp but cheer on the opposition and today was pretty bad. Even watching at the pub it was still shitting me depsite only barely being able to hear the commentary.

Top of the league and we're having a laugh. Bring on GWS for a 20 goal hidfing next week.

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6146 on: July 26, 2015, 01:20:04 pm »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Still top bitches! catch us if yout can!!

EADAFOY black and yellow bastards. Even with the umps help all game theyr still managed to play like a bunch of dickless incomeptents when it mattered. Grigg and Houli are 2 of the biggest seagulls I have ever seen. Thanks for helping set up Barra with thre winning goal Bachar you compleyete and utter spud. Dustin Martin is a masive wanker too.

Eddie Mafguire can fuck off too the Victorianb biased c***. Every time he commentates our game she cn't heklp but cheer on the opposition and today was pretty bad. Even watching at the pub it was still shitting me depsite only barely being able to hear the commentary.

Top of the league and we're having a laugh. Bring on GWS for a 20 goal hidfing next week.

Hahaha love the slightly incoherent (assuming still drunken) PCSN rants ;D

Oh and a 20-goal hiding? You reckon your Dockers will ever manage to score 20 goals in a single game?!

:P

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6147 on: July 26, 2015, 05:21:50 pm »
Really looking forward to next week's game. Menzel should be playing AFL footy again for the first time since 2011. With Vardy & Cowan back playing in the 2s Geelong may actually have their best 23 for the run in. Will be bloody nice after having 16 of them out at one stage.

Online GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6148 on: July 26, 2015, 11:00:21 pm »
You know your club is finished when nobody can be bothered posting messages of schadenfreude after a 138-point loss, and the opposition coach is ranting about the injustice a decision that went in his team's favour.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6149 on: August 2, 2015, 03:19:58 am »
Hahaha love the slightly incoherent (assuming still drunken) PCSN rants ;D

Oh and a 20-goal hiding? You reckon your Dockers will ever manage to score 20 goals in a single game?!

:P

I was slightly inebriated at that stage.

We can score 20 goals easily but for some reason we are never able to kick straight. If we had a full strength team for today then I'd say we could do it since we are finally going to play in dry conditions but no Fyfe plus Mundy in doubt and maybe a rest for McPharlin I can only see us kicking ~15 goals at most. It doesn't help that Ross dropped Tabener. Although he hasn't been kicking goals he still takes a defender away from Pavlich and he works up the ground.

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6150 on: August 2, 2015, 11:52:17 pm »
Yet another heavy defeat for the not so mighty Dons... Surely the board will be reviewing Hirds position as coach at the end of the year.

Personally I think it wouldn't be a bad thing to get a clean break and let someone else have a go coaching our list, which is actually pretty decent.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6151 on: August 3, 2015, 10:00:41 am »
I don't know how Hird has lasted so long. He may be a club legend but the players obviously aren't playing for him. There is too much talent on that list to be in the position they are in.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6152 on: August 3, 2015, 11:30:26 am »
I don't know how Hird has lasted so long. He may be a club legend but the players obviously aren't playing for him. There is too much talent on that list to be in the position they are in.
Agree with all of that. Heaps of talent in their squad. But they mas well keep him to keep the wins as low as possible. If you're not in the top 4 you may as well be last.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6153 on: August 3, 2015, 02:04:07 pm »
True. When I look at Essendon they do have some good players, but also players like Stanton and Zaharakis that I kind of thought at various stages would go on to be elite players, but only ever see them play great individual games and lacklustre for the most part. Heppell, Watson, Goddard, Carlisle, Daniher, Hibberd, maybe Cooney too....there's enough talent there to make top 8 at least anyway imo.
Indeed, when you think they should have 3 mobile key defenders in Carlisle, Hooker, and Hurley, that should be a really good basis to work forward from. And I like some of their young players in the Merrett's, Colyer, Kommer (though he's been injured I think), Gleeson. All young, but are going backwards, when with a bit of direction and confidence they could all develop well.

Honestly people might think I'm crazy but if you look through the potential spine of their team on game day and from FB to FF you read Hooker, Carlisle, Heppell, Ambrose, Daniher, then thats a young spine that I would like to have, though it shows they need a CHF. I compare it to my Roos and see Robbie Tarrant, Thompson, Ziebell, Petrie, Waite, I know which I'd rather have.

They could change their coach and finish 5-6 next season and I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Offline OzBomber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6154 on: August 4, 2015, 03:09:53 am »
Genuinely hope we're just going for the tank so we get a good fixture this season. Won't lie I thought we had a list capable of top four at the start of the season and after the first couple of weeks I thought we were in for a good year.

It seems like Hird isn't ruthless enough to be a coach. Never seen him once lose his head this year. Not a single spray, apparently he goes down the 'I'm not angry, I'm disappointed path' whenever we have a bad loss. I'm sick of supporting such mediocrity. Our longest premiership drought is 19 years, and we're currently at 15. I missed attending probably my 5th game in about 5 years last weekend just because I don't care anymore. Losses don't hurt anymore, and it's a real chore to even get motivated to go to games. I love the club and always will, but I'm becoming more and more attached to Liverpool each year and they're on the other side of the world.

Offline Beneath

• Anny Roader
  • Believe
« Reply #6155 on: August 4, 2015, 10:17:10 am »
Genuinely hope we're just going for the tank so we get a good fixture this season. Won't lie I thought we had a list capable of top four at the start of the season and after the first couple of weeks I thought we were in for a good year.

It seems like Hird isn't ruthless enough to be a coach. Never seen him once lose his head this year. Not a single spray, apparently he goes down the 'I'm not angry, I'm disappointed path' whenever we have a bad loss. I'm sick of supporting such mediocrity. Our longest premiership drought is 19 years, and we're currently at 15. I missed attending probably my 5th game in about 5 years last weekend just because I don't care anymore. Losses don't hurt anymore, and it's a real chore to even get motivated to go to games. I love the club and always will, but I'm becoming more and more attached to Liverpool each year and they're on the other side of the world.

15? 15? You don't know you're born. Try 35 and a cast of thousands as coach (must say I have a lot of time for Damian - hope it works out for him, and us) and understand what suffering is : )   You jammy bastards had one of ours for near 30 years and wouldn't give him back. Slightly miffed at that, still. Count your blessings.

If the club have any sense, they'll tickle Bomber's tummy and ask his forgiveness. Did a great job under extraordinary circumstances. Proper football man, there.
I saw the devil in his eyes, and I shit me undercrackers

Offline OzBomber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6156 on: August 4, 2015, 02:37:21 pm »
15? 15? You don't know you're born. Try 35 and a cast of thousands as coach (must say I have a lot of time for Damian - hope it works out for him, and us) and understand what suffering is : )   You jammy bastards had one of ours for near 30 years and wouldn't give him back. Slightly miffed at that, still. Count your blessings.

If the club have any sense, they'll tickle Bomber's tummy and ask his forgiveness. Did a great job under extraordinary circumstances. Proper football man, there.
Haha yes, I know it's a bit rich considering what Richmond fans have gone through. But if after 2000 when we'd just lost one game for the season someone told us we'd only finish top 4 once and win only 4 finals in the next 15 years you'd have been laughed out the door. It's just something you don't expect of the most successful club in history. And I'm sure Carlton fans feel exactly the same.

We're a loyal bunch, we're always in the top 2 or 3 for attendances every year, but there may come a point in time where that loyalty breaks and the support drops off. We've seen that with Carlton, I hope we don't see the same for us.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6157 on: August 4, 2015, 09:34:31 pm »
Hird needs to go, it's like the tactics he's employing through the game are what worked when he was playing.  Only he's not on the field any more.  He's extremely tactically naive and just seems to go through phases of trying various people up front and down back while playing a kick-and-chip game through the middle and welly it into the 50 when you're near the edge of the centre square.  Only Daniher doesn't have the body or ability to really contest a mark at the minute.  We have a list that should be in the top 8, but we deserve to be where we are, and the supplements scandal can't be used over and over as a reason/excuse for where we are.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline b_joseph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6158 on: August 8, 2015, 01:22:09 pm »
Massive win for Hawthorn..might not mean much in terms of positioning but nice to beat another rival.

Offline OzBomber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6159 on: August 8, 2015, 01:59:11 pm »
Dogs fourth on the ladder. Their turnaround has been unbelievable.