Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2100253 times)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #17200 on: May 10, 2021, 10:36:34 pm »
Not liking this ACS ballot thing to be honest.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #17201 on: May 10, 2021, 10:44:35 pm »
Not liking this ACS ballot thing to be honest.

It's shite and there's going to be a lot more than 300 people who have been shafted for the PL games if we make the CL.

I'm just hoping that because next season is a free hit they'll use a bit more common sense when it comes to the 22/23 season.  If enough people make enough noise during next season then hopefully anyone who had ACS for 19/20 will be guaranteed for 22/23.  Even if they went back further to reward people who haven't missed a European home for a few years and been in the ACS then that would make even more sense.  Just like I hope those 300 people who have been shafted from last season will be OK when it comes back round to 22/23 when credits at games can be built up again.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17202 on: May 10, 2021, 11:17:59 pm »
It's shite and there's going to be a lot more than 300 people who have been shafted for the PL games if we make the CL.

I'm just hoping that because next season is a free hit they'll use a bit more common sense when it comes to the 22/23 season.  If enough people make enough noise during next season then hopefully anyone who had ACS for 19/20 will be guaranteed for 22/23.  Even if they went back further to reward people who haven't missed a European home for a few years and been in the ACS then that would make even more sense.  Just like I hope those 300 people who have been shafted from last season will be OK when it comes back round to 22/23 when credits at games can be built up again.
Going back further than 2019/2020 and using various seasons, like they do in other competitions, would be a great idea for the ACS and a good way of rewarding proper loyalty.

But unfortunately it seems like it’s too much like hard work for them, as is putting a robust ticketing website in place, so they’ll just plough on with this terrible ballot idea that is mentioned on the club website and many will get shafted along the way.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #17203 on: May 10, 2021, 11:43:24 pm »
People seem to be overeacting to the idea of a ballot for ACS, majority will still be on it, everyone with full credits will still get to most games, I understand the later rounds aren't guaranteed which isn't ideal but people are talking like they'll be locked out of every game, the fact it's a ballot has basically zero effect to the chances you get on or not, unless you use to work yourself around the old website
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 12:00:46 am by TeddyTime33 »

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17204 on: May 11, 2021, 12:26:32 am »
People seem to be overeacting to the idea of a ballot for ACS, majority will still be on it, everyone with full credits will still get to most games, I understand the later rounds aren't guaranteed which isn't ideal but people are talking like they'll be locked out of every game

We have a group of 8 of us that have gone together for years. We try to be together. Usually we get the Kop sorted. Last year we managed to get two adjacent rows of four- which took a lot of work on the day of the sale. But a ballot itself prior to the sale presumably just needs one of us to fail for them to be sitting in the Main Stand all season away from us. Imagine getting that email, "sorry fella you've failed so you'll not be with your mates who all passed the 80-95% chance while you didn't". At least in the current set up, whoever gets in on the morning can sort out the tickets for all of us wherever that may be. If it's over subscribed, simply go back further. Didn't have to compete with people at all when it was FC Sion etc. If we're in the Europa none of this probably matters, but we may have the same problem in 22/23 as the credits won't count.

Will we be able to apply as two groups of four in a ballot? As a group of eight? Or as single individuals? If the latter, I'm not sure I like the chances of one of us being cut adrift considering we've been going together. If we can apply as an eight, then despite the chances being low admittedly, imagine all failing coz you get unlucky. All 8 of us battering the website in the week before for singles around the ground when we've got games going back years?

Also, I'm not a fan of them shafting 300 loyal supporters either. I don't have a horse in that particular race. I had 11 in 18/19 and 4 in 19/20 so it doesn't really impact me. People who attack going to matches like a full time job are the epitome of the very 'legacy fans' that the club so unsubtly told us not two weeks ago that they wanted to get to fuck, so it's a crying shame to see some people so quick to giddily write them off because they'll be alright themselves. Less in the pot for me if they get sorted, but I think it would be fair to sort something out somehow for them.

On a point made earlier, of course the main thing about buying a ticket is the ability to go to that individual game, but people want to buy tickets and attend to enable them to buy more because they want to go to other games. I've been going into away grounds around the country and abroad on other peoples tickets for years, I've got no shot of getting a season ticket while I'm alive, I've got no shot to get to 13 league homes anytime soon with these new changes, I've got no shot of getting any Premier League away tickets on my own card so long as I have a hole in my arse, and have had to take my chances to get onto the league and FA Cup away ladders through being diligent and organised around possible chances of them dropping to all members.

But despite the credits I have going back years in a competition myself, I'm gonna be thrown into a ballot (no matter how high the chances of success) and could potentially be off the ladder by the seasons end (if I don't get tickets to the later rounds when UEFA allocations increase).  That's bollocks.

While I accept the point also raised earlier about the hypothetical 70 year old Dave who struggles to purchase, you used to be able to get an advantage if you worked together on getting tickets and were organised for the sale. Much like queuing up in years gone by, if you put the hard yards in for the sale, and wanted it enough you'd be sound by the end of it. Now there's a chance that my mates will each be run through a ballot on a 90% chance and we just need the computer to say no once and won't even be able to purchase for them in the ACS. Just need to struggle to get one thereafter in the latter stages once and goodbye and off you pop next season because you're out ACS the following season as well. Thanks for coming for over 10 years but goodbye.

I also appreciate it shouldn't be a closed shop either. And that at least if people get knocked off, new people can get on. But as a match going fan it is frustrating to see people with season tickets who are boxed, away tickets boxed, 13+ and boxed but European history? We'll start raffling that off. I've always said, I can't get all the others, but at least I've got the cup competitions and I can ensure I continue to attend those.

If the club likes ballots so much, ballot every fucking game and I'll apply for them all.

Perhaps not in the ACS case in particular, as you still weren't guaranteed the ACS before either, but the 300 argument shows a definite inclination towards the club trying to have a more revolving door. If 1000 13+ cards were pulled off with the fan update, there is plenty change to sort them out. But 300 extra in a ballot means 3900 minimum over a season away from the pesky legacy fans and into the hands of people who are turning up as if Anfield is a theme park.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 12:33:41 am by Hij »

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17205 on: May 11, 2021, 12:36:07 am »
I understand your concerns about sitting with mates of course and I hope the club accommodate groups like yourselves, I was just making the point that for the ACS specifically your % chances are basically uneffceted if it's a ballot or not, unlike league games where any fucker can pay 25 quid and enter it. Of course you can make the argument that people who are on top of sales and stuff shold be afforded an advantage but the club don't seem to agree, I spent thousands of hours trying for tickets over the last 3 years trying to build my card up so I know the struggle of being a regular member compared to a STH. I don't think any fan is more entitled to tickets because they know how to get in the website before anyone else to me that's shit. The conversation about how the club assesses and uses loyalty is a different one but until people who actually go to the games get credit for it then it's pointless

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17206 on: May 11, 2021, 12:43:15 am »
I understand your concerns about sitting with mates of course and I hope the club accommodate groups like yourselves, I was just making the point that for the ACS specifically your % chances are basically uneffceted if it's a ballot or not, unlike league games where any fucker can pay 25 quid and enter it. Of course you can make the argument that people who are on top of sales and stuff shold be afforded an advantage but the club don't seem to agree, I spent thousands of hours trying for tickets over the last 3 years trying to build my card up so I know the struggle of being a regular member compared to a STH. I don't think any fan is more entitled to tickets because they know how to get in the website before anyone else to me that's shit. The conversation about how the club assesses and uses loyalty is a different one but until people who actually go to the games get credit for it then it's pointless

Well hopefully they can sort the people actually going the games the credits then, that'd be sound, as I go all the ones I buy.

Also: I'm not on about "knowing" how to get in. I'm on about getting 8 together when the maximum is 4 per transaction. And the first two to get in sorting the transaction. I don't know of anyway to "get in" to the old site any faster than anyone else, but I saw someone post in here a few months ago how he did it. The analogy with queuing is about right, those who put the work in are more deserving for me personally. Well I say that, but my brother just turns up at games and gets in because I've done all the leg work for all the games he goes to ;D

But what we are saying here, to me potentially as a lowly member is that if you ever get screwed out of European footie via a ballot, I can piss off. I get that it's a small chance. But you could remove that chance by having tiers within the ACS itself depending on how long your history goes back. Just as much as they have a 13+ for the league, could easily do a 13+ in Europe. Wouldn't all be the same season, but you'd have those with longer loyalty not open to the chance of getting shafted.

If the people not attending games they purchase for is such a massive issue, lets just ballot every single ticket we have for sale. Everyone gets a chance then don't they. For every game. We can call it the Liverpool Lottery.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 12:52:04 am by Hij »

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17207 on: May 11, 2021, 12:51:08 am »
Well hopefully they can sort the people actually going the games the credits then, that'd be sound, as I go all the ones I buy.

Also: I'm not on about "knowing" how to get on. I'm on about getting 8 together when the maximum is 4 per transaction. And the first two to get in sorting the transaction. I don't know of anyway to "get in" to the old site any faster than anyone else, but I saw someone post in here a few months ago how he did it.
Same here mate I have never gave my card to someone else,  They have no interest in sorting that as the fans in the most powerful positions are the ones who benefit off it, they wanna shaft the fans who have to work hardest for tickets and have the most gripes with the system. I feel like your situation is unique and I hope the club accommodate large groups but I can't see it personally and that I understand your concerns and disappoment,

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17208 on: May 11, 2021, 12:52:08 am »
But you can get screwed out of European football as the system stands already a ballot just makes the distribution of tickets a bit fairer which I'm not sure why people disagree. For leagues games I understand why you'd be annoyed
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 12:53:58 am by TeddyTime33 »

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17209 on: May 11, 2021, 12:54:59 am »
Same here mate I have never gave my card to someone else,  They have no interest in sorting that as the fans in the most powerful positions are the ones who benefit off it, they wanna shaft the fans who have to work hardest for tickets and have the most gripes with the system. I feel like your situation is unique and I hope the club accommodate large groups but I can't see it personally and that I understand your concerns and disappoment,
Fair enough mate, just venting generally. Which makes a change, almost feels good to be annoyed about tickets, means normality might be coming back ;D

Not meaning to have a pop at you at all and you make some fair remarks back. I added a bit more context to my post above, which is probably regrettable as I type too much at the best of times.

It's all by the by as I'll find a way to get into the stadium whatever happens, because I work hard and network hard to be able to go and enjoy my life passion.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17210 on: May 11, 2021, 12:56:30 am »
But you can get screwed out of European football as the system stands already a ballot just makes the distribution of tickets a bit fairer which I'm not sure why people disagree. For leagues games I understand why you'd be annoyed
Yeah, I was annoyed over the last two seasons that could be the case as well though.

Lucky enough to get a high number of league away credits, 13+ league homes or a season ticket and you're basically boxed off for life. That's fine then, but I want my piece of the pie for my history as well to be honest as if my history is expendable, let's expend some of the other monopolies as well :)

« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 12:59:19 am by Hij »

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17211 on: May 11, 2021, 01:02:28 am »
Yeah, I was annoyed over the last two seasons that could be the case as well though.

Lucky enough to get a high number of league away credits, 13+ league homes or a season ticket and you're basically boxed off for life. That's fine then, but I want my piece of the pie for my history as well to be honest as if my history is expendable, let's expend some of the other monopolies as well :)
Yeah point I made a couple weeks ago if you get to 13+ your sorted for life and some people who are already in that group don't seem to understand the magatiude of that and cast aside other fans concerns.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17212 on: May 11, 2021, 01:03:45 am »
Fair enough mate, just venting generally. Which makes a change, almost feels good to be annoyed about tickets, means normality might be coming back ;D

Not meaning to have a pop at you at all and you make some fair remarks back. I added a bit more context to my post above, which is probably regrettable as I type too much at the best of times.

It's all by the by as I'll find a way to get into the stadium whatever happens, because I work hard and network hard to be able to go and enjoy my life passion.
all good mate, I think it's good to learn and understand how other people operate, me I go to games by myself and most of the time don't speak to anyone outside the odd conversation so networking for tickets etc isn't for me I just wanna go on my on card and be rewarded fairly for it

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17213 on: May 11, 2021, 01:12:28 am »
all good mate, I think it's good to learn and understand how other people operate, me I go to games by myself and most of the time don't speak to anyone outside the odd conversation so networking for tickets etc isn't for me I just wanna go on my on card and be rewarded fairly for it

Yeah this is where I'm at as well mate. I'll be brutally honest and say when we did get on the ladder for the likes of Milton Keynes, I had a couple people immediately ask me to move on their ticket. I did so. I don't agree with it, but it's the game, and when other people are playing, you lose if you don't play as well. I went myself though as I've said. It probably just ultimately comes down to a demand/supply issue in football and especially with Liverpool which is fair enough I guess, will never have everyone happy. Fair play for going on your own, I used to, but since getting others involved, starting a whats app with reds whose main common interest is going the games together, it's a community aspect for me and the best part of it is seeing them - which hopefully will be in August.  If we have two seasons in the Europa League none of this is a concern anyway.

As an aside in terms of the 'work ethic' in terms of getting tickets, it still is very much true really. Just reminded me that I get loads of people who know I go to games constantly asking me if I can get hold of tickets, but can't quite be that bothered to do the hard yards, research, organisation that is required if you want to go and watch and I reckon that multiplies out throughout the country even if my own experiences are anecdotal. I think if advertised and marketed correctly, the future league ballots could see a surge in purchases of new memberships and new applicants for the ballot, if all you have to do is sign up, register, wait for email. But we'll see I guess.

I've also noted that Harinder has mentioned the ballot wasn't brought up at the meeting, but despite what he said, it looks like they'll be defaulting to ballots whenever demand surpasses supply now.

To take it further, if league/fa cup/league cup aways have say 50 tickets left, but the drop down in credits means 200 can buy, will these be balloted in future, or will that be a first come first served on the new website? I know you don't know but if they've applied it to league games and now to home cup games, surely that is next? Again, the worry here is that we are on the ladder (just) but we want to go together. Be shite having some on more credits and some on less because of ballots, rather all get sorted or none.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 01:16:21 am by Hij »

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17214 on: May 11, 2021, 01:21:22 am »
Yeah mate I don't blame you playing the system because that's what you have to do especially when it comes to aways, I easily could've moved my MK too but I went and didn't get back to Chester until 6:30 the next morning but I was okay with that because I understood that when I bought the ticket, I completely agree with you point about research etc that's exactly why I am on here so I could talk to fans and gain more knowledge about tickets and it's helped secure plenty of tickets fairly on my own card so it helped immensely, you're right about league ballots where the number of supporters applying is going to increase loads

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17215 on: May 11, 2021, 01:24:51 am »
The FAQ seems to suggest only the bulk sales would be the only ballot with late sales through ticket exchange etc all first come first served, will be interesting later rounds of cups would they ballot late sales as well which probably makes more sense. Ticket exchange is fluid so maybe a waiting list for leagues games or something

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17216 on: May 11, 2021, 01:31:47 am »
The FAQ seems to suggest only the bulk sales would be the only ballot with late sales through ticket exchange etc all first come first served, will be interesting later rounds of cups would they ballot late sales as well which probably makes more sense. Ticket exchange is fluid so maybe a waiting list for leagues games or something
That's what I mean, I hadn't even considered the late sales. I can buy the whole "take the advantage away" from people who have more time to sit around the computer and sort sales at the time (even if I view that in some ways as dedication, but obviously a fella on a building site can hardly do so), as long as it's applied across the board, which would mean balloting whenever demand exceeds supply. So for away ticket drops and late availability as well you'd have to ballot then to be fair.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17217 on: May 11, 2021, 01:43:50 am »
That's what I mean, I hadn't even considered the late sales. I can buy the whole "take the advantage away" from people who have more time to sit around the computer and sort sales at the time (even if I view that in some ways as dedication, but obviously a fella on a building site can hardly do so), as long as it's applied across the board, which would mean balloting whenever demand exceeds supply. So for away ticket drops and late availability as well you'd have to ballot then to be fair.
it's a fair point I think club will probably see the bulk sales have the most tickets so a ballot is fairer, an away game with 300 extra tickets they probably don't think is worth the time for a ballot even though it makes sense, the club conduct the ballot for finals independently for example so I'm presuming there is costs to it too

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #17218 on: May 11, 2021, 07:10:35 am »
We have a group of 8 of us that have gone together for years. We try to be together. Usually we get the Kop sorted. Last year we managed to get two adjacent rows of four- which took a lot of work on the day of the sale. But a ballot itself prior to the sale presumably just needs one of us to fail for them to be sitting in the Main Stand all season away from us. Imagine getting that email, "sorry fella you've failed so you'll not be with your mates who all passed the 80-95% chance while you didn't".

Hi mate, the ballots can be entered in upto 4 per transaction - everyone in that will be considered 1 entry so either all 4 would get the ticket or 0 get it
Not sure what the whole chances are compared to entering 4 separate transactions

I somewhat agree with the ballot because it makes the buying process and chance of getting tickets equal to every individual in the ACS, rather than having some people (all of us included) knowing exploits around the system or ways of bettering our chances. Whilst that's good for all of us as individuals, it's still not a fair process so morally I really can't argue with that proposal, as annoying as it really is

What I would say is they turned around and said ST holders and Members would be the same for ACS going forward in terms of a level playing field... they had a last chance to join it, but maybe its not 'fair' if they get guaranteed ACS if they have the 6 games where as members aren't guaranteed

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17219 on: May 11, 2021, 08:36:27 am »
I could easily be wrong here but I've taken this ballot thing another way

I've taken it as if ACS is over subscribed then there's a ballot to go in it, not that there's a ballot to get in it

How are they determining who's on ACS and who's not, is it just 4 credits if we make Europe and are you guaranteed to be on it

Also they're saying although credits for cup games next season don't count for future seasons, you will need them as you progress through the comp next season

https://faq.liverpoolfc.com/portal/en/kb/articles/tkt-will-match-credits-for-cup-tickets-purchased-during-season-2021-22-be-used-as-eligibility-for-future-sales

So if that's the case credits are important next season in cups, so why aren't next seasons credits in the cups used for the season after
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 08:39:38 am by Tiz Lad »

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17220 on: May 11, 2021, 08:39:18 am »
I could easily be wrong here but I've taken this ballot thing another way

I've taken it as if ACS is over subscribed then there's a ballot to go in it, not that there's a ballot to get in it

How are they determining who's on ACS and who's not, is it just 4 credits if we make Europe and are you guaranteed to be on it

The thing is, the ACS is always oversubscribed... So its a guarantee that it'll be a ballot entry

Probably still a 90%+ chance of getting a seat, but for the ones who have done every year without issues that's not a nice thought

The ballot is to get an ACS seat, not to qualify for ACS

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17221 on: May 11, 2021, 08:41:55 am »
The thing is, the ACS is always oversubscribed... So its a guarantee that it'll be a ballot entry

Probably still a 90%+ chance of getting a seat, but for the ones who have done every year without issues that's not a nice thought

The ballot is to get an ACS seat, not to qualify for ACS

Shite if that's the case

Just don't see them doing a ballot for every cup if your already enrolled on ACS

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17222 on: May 11, 2021, 08:42:16 am »
So if that's the case credits are important next season in cups, so why aren't next seasons credits in the cups used for the season after

Because some won't feel safe returning with Covid, and they could cut capacity if another wave hits

Also to stop people jumping on for the semi and final if they didn't do the group games for example
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 08:49:22 am by 30fiver »

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17223 on: May 11, 2021, 08:43:52 am »
Shite if that's the case

Just don't see them doing a ballot for every cup if your already enrolled on ACS

You won't be enrolled on ACS

You'll need 4 CL games to qualify for the sale, but it won't be a guaranteed sale....

A bit like additional members sales, you qualify through the criteria whatever it may be, but you're not guaranteed to get a seat

Once you're in the ACS in July, you have that seat all season for the cup. It's just getting it in the first palace mate

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17224 on: May 11, 2021, 08:54:08 am »
You won't be enrolled on ACS

You'll need 4 CL games to qualify for the sale, but it won't be a guaranteed sale....

A bit like additional members sales, you qualify through the criteria whatever it may be, but you're not guaranteed to get a seat

Once you're in the ACS in July, you have that seat all season for the cup. It's just getting it in the first palace mate

So what you're saying is if you miss out in ACS ballot, you're screwed for the season?

Call me an entitled prick if you want, but this is just another attempt to get rid of more 'legacy fans'  As Hij when we were playing FC Sion and Rubin Kazan these fans weren't here, and didn't give a shit

So why should anybody who's been going this long lose out to somebody who rocked up for 4 CL games last year, it stinks to high heaven.

If I miss out then I'll jib the lot, as I say call me an entitled prick, but it is shite. Years on putting in effort, means fuck all to this club

They will be gradually erode and erode members loyalty, till it's worthless and membership will basically just be like buying a £30 lottery ticket

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17225 on: May 11, 2021, 08:59:14 am »
Hi mate, the ballots can be entered in upto 4 per transaction - everyone in that will be considered 1 entry so either all 4 would get the ticket or 0 get it
Not sure what the whole chances are compared to entering 4 separate transactions

This makes sense as it's the same as the league sales currently I believe that a friend is in on 86% chance.

I guess perhaps four lots of two transactions is the best and then hope that all four come in. Two lots of four is too risky, eight lots of one could lead to the scenario where just one gets bumped out. Might arguably be fairer if two get bumped out together (should it happen).

I would imagine if we got all eight, and two people are online at the same time once the ballot has been sorted, then getting tickets together in the least populated block in the Kop (304) would be the easiest to aim for.

Still think they could do a proportion of the ACS tickets for people with longer histories, but I guess that's a suggestion that won't come to pass.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17226 on: May 11, 2021, 09:01:44 am »
So what you're saying is if you miss out in ACS ballot, you're screwed for the season?

Call me an entitled prick if you want, but this is just another attempt to get rid of more 'legacy fans'  As Hij when we were playing FC Sion and Rubin Kazan these fans weren't here, and didn't give a shit

So why should anybody who's been going this long lose out to somebody who rocked up for 4 CL games last year, it stinks to high heaven.

If I miss out then I'll jib the lot, as I say call me an entitled prick, but it is shite. Years on putting in effort, means fuck all to this club

They will be gradually erode and erode members loyalty, till it's worthless and membership will basically just be like buying a £30 lottery ticket
if you miss out on the ACS you still get tickets for most rounds, you aren't shut out for the season

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17227 on: May 11, 2021, 09:10:30 am »
It's bananas that so many fans who clearly go to all the games and have done since Budapest in the Cup Winners Cup quarter final seem unable to grasp the selling arrangements.

If you had full home credits for the 19/20 European home fixtures you'll have the chance for an ACS whereby you are assigned a seat and that's your ticket for all home European ties that season.

They take the money around two or three weeks before the game

If there are more people who want to go on this route then they'll ballot those on the ACS.

If you are not successful it does not mean you can't go to the games as when the individual sales come round they'll be tickets made available. And they will be available to you before some "day tripper wool"

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17228 on: May 11, 2021, 09:12:10 am »

Not entirely, but you'll have to bum fight in the pre match sales for each game as it comes round. But the problem is that as we progress in the competition and the UEFA allocation gets bigger, more and more people can miss out on the Quarter Finals and the Semi Finals, which ergo means that you'd not even be able to enter the ballot for the next seasons ACS as you wouldn't have maximum credits from the previous season and would also be waiting for a drop in the bum fights to get back to maximum.

The odd Europa season probably works in our favour as you'd see demand collapse for them to be honest.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17229 on: May 11, 2021, 09:13:05 am »

Not screwed as such, would just have to put the effort in in the late sales...

The number of people who qualify has always been higher than ACS seats available, it just makes it a fairer purchase process than having 50+ tabs open compared to 70 year old john whos been going 20 years with his 1 tab because he isnt good with tech

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17230 on: May 11, 2021, 09:14:55 am »
This makes sense as it's the same as the league sales currently I believe that a friend is in on 86% chance.

I would imagine if we got all eight, and two people are online at the same time once the ballot has been sorted, then getting tickets together in the least populated block in the Kop (304) would be the easiest to aim for.

Yeah palace game is 84% chance

And you should still be able to have 8 entries into the queue if each individual logs in :)

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17231 on: May 11, 2021, 09:14:55 am »
It's bananas that so many fans who clearly go to all the games and have done since Budapest in the Cup Winners Cup quarter final seem unable to grasp the selling arrangements.

I know perfectly well how it works. But the arrangements are changing from next season so this is just more incendiary stuff from you in this thread.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17232 on: May 11, 2021, 09:16:31 am »
if you miss out on the ACS you still get tickets for most rounds, you aren't shut out for the season

How on earth do you get tickets for 'most' rounds, late availabilty sales, with 1000's of others?

They get less and less as UEFA take more and more. So you miss out on semi finals etc to Johnny come lately's who rocked up to CL games when we started getting in it

Say what you like on ACS before at least it was down to your own work whether you managed to get on it or not, not just a random ballot.

Loyalty is a dirty word to this club now as loyalty means 'Legacy fans'

Then when next season we're hopefully back in CL, you're back in a random ballot again

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17233 on: May 11, 2021, 09:17:53 am »
I know perfectly well how it works. But the arrangements are changing from next season so this is just more incendiary stuff from you in this thread.

People are getting wound up about a ballot they've missed out on that hasn't even taken place (or been confirmed that it will have to take place).

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17234 on: May 11, 2021, 09:21:17 am »
People are getting wound up about a ballot they've missed out on that hasn't even taken place (or been confirmed that it will have to take place).

Fair comment on the first, no-one has missed out at all yet, but it's the numbers of each person being run through I am not comfortable with. 1 shot at a 90% feels greater than 8 shots one after the other in a 90% chance. But, accepted, people missed out previously as well.

I still think they could do a proportion of tickets that go back a bit longer, that doesn't mean I was at the Cup Winners Cup quarter final though.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 09:24:18 am by Hij »

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17235 on: May 11, 2021, 09:22:08 am »

If there are more people who want to go on this route then they'll ballot those on the ACS.

If you are not successful it does not mean you can't go to the games as when the individual sales come round they'll be tickets made available. And they will be available to you before some "day tripper wool"

I'm fully aware how ACS works I've been on it since it started, so don't need your patronising education

You're fully aware that as the comp goes on, UEFA take more and more tickets, so you're chances in late sales get less and less and you are far more likely to miss out

But the problem is that as we progress in the competition and the UEFA allocation gets bigger, more and more people can miss out on the Quarter Finals and the Semi Finals, which ergo means that you'd not even be able to enter the ballot for the next seasons ACS as you wouldn't have maximum credits from the previous season and would also be waiting for a drop in the bum fights to get back to maximum.

The odd Europa season probably works in our favour as you'd see demand collapse for them to be honest.

This is the crux of it all

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17236 on: May 11, 2021, 09:26:45 am »
I suppose the argument would be its a closed shop if you go further back

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17237 on: May 11, 2021, 09:27:32 am »
I suppose the argument would be its a closed shop if you go further back
Not if it was a proportion of the tickets, which is exactly what they do with league games already.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17238 on: May 11, 2021, 09:28:13 am »
I'm fully aware how ACS works I've been on it since it started, so don't need your patronising education

You're fully aware that as the comp goes on, UEFA take more and more tickets, so you're chances in late sales get less and less and you are far more likely to miss out

This is the crux of it all

Yes and it's not ideal. UEFA swallow up more tickets meaning less tickets available for a later round.

But getting your knickers in a twist in May 2021 about missing out on an imaginary semi final in May 2022 after missing out on a ballot that hasn't taken place (or even been confirmed that is taken place) isnt going to help you.

I've as much chance as anyone missing out, but everything being equal I'm more wound up that Anthony Taylor is the ref on Thursday

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17239 on: May 11, 2021, 09:31:02 am »
How on earth do you get tickets for 'most' rounds, late availabilty sales, with 1000's of others?

They get less and less as UEFA take more and more. So you miss out on semi finals etc to Johnny come lately's who rocked up to CL games when we started getting in it

Say what you like on ACS before at least it was down to your own work whether you managed to get on it or not, not just a random ballot.

Loyalty is a dirty word to this club now as loyalty means 'Legacy fans'

Then when next season we're hopefully back in CL, you're back in a random ballot again
wym with 1000s of others? Late sales have same requirements. Yes UEFA take more at each stage but it's not like anyone gets a chance at SF tickets. Also why should it be down to "your own work" whether or not you get lucky one morning in July? What if you have a meeting or are on holiday tough luck then? If you miss on ACS you will get tickets for basically every round with bit less chance for late rounds but it's hardly shut out for the season