Author Topic: Charters - 2 WCS Dreamliner Flights + 1 WCS A350 Cancelled. See OP  (Read 80965 times)

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
Re: Charters - 2 WCS Dreamliner Flights + 1 WCS A350 Cancelled. See OP
« Reply #240 on: May 25, 2018, 10:18:09 am »
The latest from World Choice Sports directors Mr Laurel an Mr Hardy

***  WE ARE UNABLE TO ANSWER PHONES AS THERE HAS BEEN A POWER CUT WITHIN THE OFFICE AREA....AS SOON AS POWER IS RESTORED WE WILL HAVE SYSTEMS UP AND RUNNING..... WE APOLOGIES FOR THIS INCONVENIENCE ****

What an insult to peoples intelligence to put something like that on your answerphone. Cowardly and pathetic.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: May 25, 2018, 10:21:33 am »
What an insult to peoples intelligence to put something like that on your answerphone. Cowardly and pathetic.

The prick is showing his true colours .

Feel sorry for the people who work there though - must be getting dogs abue.
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: May 25, 2018, 10:35:09 am »
Hope people who have endured this fucking heartbreak manage to get there somehow. I could not imagine for a second what your all going through.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: May 25, 2018, 10:37:59 am »
Buck starts with UEFA. If it was held in a place that could support the amount of people going this wouldn't happen.  Still defo the agents fault aswell. Woke up more pissed off than I was yesterday

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #244 on: May 25, 2018, 10:39:57 am »
Worst part about their statement is at the end when they say 'to be clear this is Kievs fault'
No accountability whatsoever .. disgusting

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #245 on: May 25, 2018, 10:47:33 am »
Worst part about their statement is at the end when they say 'to be clear this is Kievs fault'
No accountability whatsoever .. disgusting
From what I gather Kiev have said each team is allowed 8 larger aircraft whilst smaller aircraft there is no limit and this seems to be the sticking point.

This must have been known from the start so surely the buck lies with them & not Kiev

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: May 25, 2018, 10:56:45 am »
From what I gather Kiev have said each team is allowed 8 larger aircraft whilst smaller aircraft there is no limit and this seems to be the sticking point.

This must have been known from the start so surely the buck lies with them & not Kiev

Yep .

I'm guessing he booked the larger aircraft knowing the slots weren't there , and tried to call their bluff thinking there was no way the airport would deny 1000 odd people and would buckle .

Well it seems his bluff was called , the arrogant , greedy prick .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #247 on: May 25, 2018, 11:10:52 am »
Yep .

I'm guessing he booked the larger aircraft knowing the slots weren't there , and tried to call their bluff thinking there was no way the airport would deny 1000 odd people and would buckle .

Well it seems his bluff was called , the arrogant , greedy prick .
Part of me thinks this is why TC only managed the four flights too. There's no way they couldn't have got the A350's or Dreamliner if they wanted them.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #248 on: May 25, 2018, 11:11:57 am »
Further update with further mixed messages

Updated statement from our managing director:
We are saddened, we are very upset. We have tried everything for the last 48 hours, exploring every avenue we can, the Chairman of Liverpool FC, UEFA, directors of Kiev airport.

We are puzzled as to why they refused to give us slots for these three aircrafts, but they will give permission for 65 private jets.

As Peter Moore said, the airport is too small to hold such an event. The puzzle we have is we went to press thinking we can’t get these slots. Three minutes after I had a call from the mayor saying he would be trying to make slots.
We have tried our best at reinstating the flights as best we can, we are still in the office, we are not walking away.

We are refunding everyone, the process will start as soon as possible,

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #249 on: May 25, 2018, 11:16:56 am »
Further update with further mixed messages

Updated statement from our managing director:
We are saddened, we are very upset. We have tried everything for the last 48 hours, exploring every avenue we can, the Chairman of Liverpool FC, UEFA, directors of Kiev airport.

We are puzzled as to why they refused to give us slots for these three aircrafts, but they will give permission for 65 private jets.

As Peter Moore said, the airport is too small to hold such an event. The puzzle we have is we went to press thinking we can’t get these slots. Three minutes after I had a call from the mayor saying he would be trying to make slots.
We have tried our best at reinstating the flights as best we can, we are still in the office, we are not walking away.

We are refunding everyone, the process will start as soon as possible,

But no mention of the two landing slots offered to them on Saturday afternoon, and why they are still cancelling the flights, if that was the only issue ?

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
« Reply #250 on: May 25, 2018, 11:22:42 am »
the planes they had lined up will categorically not be in Liverpool tomorrow I have just been told.
they are washing their hands of it (as we knew)
the line in his statement about "not walking away" is directly the opposite of what they are doing.
Its clear WCS will not have any involvement in a solution.

not sure how administratively any other solution will be implemented, without their passenger data, to be honest...

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
« Reply #251 on: May 25, 2018, 11:32:06 am »
WCS are clearly walking away from the problem they have created.

This is where Thomas Cook should be stepping in.

If the club have a "travel partner" they should be used for something useful - they shouldn't just be there to flog over-priced packages to Norwegians.

As an aside to any admins - there are now going to be tickets in the hands of people who don't have flights. There are a lot of people travelling who don't have tickets. I know that there are issues around tickets to away European games, but is there any way the rules can be bent?
But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'..

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
« Reply #252 on: May 25, 2018, 11:44:01 am »
Update from Joe Anderson: https://twitter.com/mayor_anderson/status/999963485504266241

Provides some glimmers of hope.
But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'..

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #253 on: May 25, 2018, 11:47:42 am »
As an aside to any admins - there are now going to be tickets in the hands of people who don't have flights. There are a lot of people travelling who don't have tickets. I know that there are issues around tickets to away European games, but is there any way the rules can be bent?

We'll have a chat about it.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #254 on: May 25, 2018, 11:50:27 am »
We'll have a chat about it.

hopefully the mayor will sort something out and it will not be needed.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: May 25, 2018, 11:51:22 am »
Appreciate this isn’t a thread for speculation but I am guessing these 2 available slots they have found are for smaller aircraft and not the bigger ones then hence still a problem?

Keep the faith everyone. If not let’s get a thread and process in place for moving tickets at the very last possible minute to those on day trips tomorrow morning so at least something can come from it?

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: May 25, 2018, 12:00:27 pm »

We can't let 1000 odd tickets go to waste when there are thousands of good reds out there without tickets .

Offline harrythedog

• Main Stander
« Reply #257 on: May 25, 2018, 12:08:13 pm »
We can't let 1000 odd tickets go to waste when there are thousands of good reds out there without tickets .

True that mate. I’m travelling tomorrow, I have tickets so not an issue for me. However, if anyone who has tickets and can’t travel and wants to get them to friends and family out in Kiev. I’m happy to help out. In the north west and will be at John Lennon around 7am tomorrow.

Edit. And I mean the ticket holders friends and family not mine!!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:38:31 pm by harrythedog »

Offline SKITTLE

• Legacy Fan
  • One of the "older" brigade.
« Reply #258 on: May 25, 2018, 12:21:31 pm »
That was a load of shite.

Sorry, I hadn't heard about that. Spoof story then.
Been there,done that,getting older,bordering on part timer status. So sad but that's life.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: May 25, 2018, 12:47:51 pm »
Already said it but my mate has my ticket just in case. Either I get there and take it back or he sells it.

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: May 25, 2018, 12:51:43 pm »

Edit. And I mean the ticket holders friends and family not mine!!

Haha - we know what you meant  ;D

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #261 on: May 25, 2018, 12:52:20 pm »
Appreciate this isn’t a thread for speculation but I am guessing these 2 available slots they have found are for smaller aircraft and not the bigger ones then hence still a problem?

Keep the faith everyone. If not let’s get a thread and process in place for moving tickets at the very last possible minute to those on day trips tomorrow morning so at least something can come from it?

Whatever's going on with these 2 available slots, WCS should have at least made an announcement about them, and let people know why they don't seem to be using them, rather than leaving everyone in the dark, especially when it's been made public knowledge about their availabilty.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:54:29 pm by Booze And Glory »

Offline J_Bowie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: May 25, 2018, 12:55:12 pm »
Sounds promising based on the recent update. Jump onto to Joe Andersons twitter to watch the vid.

He's hopeful they have a carrier to transport people on 2 possibly 3 planes tomorrow and returning Sunday. Fingers crossed for everyone.

Offline vanoord

• Kopite

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: May 25, 2018, 01:25:20 pm »
Just had a text from me mate on the WCS flight out of Lpool at 10am

Still sat on the runway (3 hrs later) waiting for slots to become available in Kiev!!

What a clusterfuck

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: May 25, 2018, 01:26:45 pm »

Still sat on the runway (3 hrs later) waiting for slots to become available in Kiev!!

What a clusterfuck

WCS only had 2 flights this morning:

7W7776 - STD 8:00   ATD 8:44
VY4002   - STD 9:00   ATD 9:56

both of which took off - all be it slightly delayed.

Around 3hrs 15mins which isn't bad.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 01:31:40 pm by Thomas »
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline SKITTLE

• Legacy Fan
  • One of the "older" brigade.
« Reply #267 on: May 25, 2018, 01:28:48 pm »
Sounds promising based on the recent update. Jump onto to Joe Andersons twitter to watch the vid.

He's hopeful they have a carrier to transport people on 2 possibly 3 planes tomorrow and returning Sunday. Fingers crossed for everyone.

So damn frustrating that there's still conflicting reports coming from numerous sources. People are clinging on to a faint hope that all will be well. It really is an almighty cock up. We can only hope that something positive will come of this debacle and prevent it from happening again.........but I somehow doubt it.
Been there,done that,getting older,bordering on part timer status. So sad but that's life.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: May 25, 2018, 01:30:25 pm »
WCS only had 2 flights this morning:

7W7776
VY4002

both of which took off - all be it slightly delayed.

oh that's weird mate. Sure he said he was with them

Maybe he isn't on WCS. My bad.

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
« Reply #269 on: May 25, 2018, 01:31:26 pm »

What a clusterfuck

UEFA don't ever learn about airports - they fly into a different airport / terminal and never see the chaos.

If there's a possibility of the potential WCS replacement flights being scheduled for arrival tomorrow evening, these delays today don't bode well for getting to the match on time...

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: May 25, 2018, 01:33:25 pm »
oh that's weird mate. Sure he said he was with them

Maybe he isn't on WCS. My bad.

ET 8702  was scheduled for 10.20 doesn't look like it has taken off yet.
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: May 25, 2018, 01:36:19 pm »
ET 8702  was scheduled for 10.20 doesn't look like it has taken off yet.

yeah that's it. just texted me flight number

he reckons its starting to get heated on there.  Updated me a few mins ago

Offline J_Bowie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: May 25, 2018, 01:39:36 pm »
yeah that's it. just texted me flight number

he reckons its starting to get heated on there.  Updated me a few mins ago

Due to land at 19:05 local time according to this:

https://kbp.aero/en/

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: May 25, 2018, 01:41:03 pm »
At this point surely they could’ve considered a flight or two today to Poland or somewhere and doing coaches?

People would rather be there than having to use holiday days or whatever. Get people there, however you can.

I can only imagine the scheduling and slot issues will be for all flights. In 2018 it really shouldn’t be this much of chaos and heartbreak.

I’m handling a few peoples’ tickets most likely to make sure seats don’t go empty.
YNWA.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #274 on: May 25, 2018, 01:41:08 pm »
Fucking hell if the delays are that bad tomorrow it could get edgy.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline harrythedog

• Main Stander
« Reply #275 on: May 25, 2018, 01:42:21 pm »
Fucking hell if the delays are that bad tomorrow it could get edgy.

Just thinking that myself! 😳

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #276 on: May 25, 2018, 01:44:31 pm »
Due to land at 19:05 local time according to this:

https://kbp.aero/en/
My flight tomorrow doesn't even show on there

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
« Reply #277 on: May 25, 2018, 01:44:45 pm »
We're not going to Kiev
We're never taking off
We booked our flights with World Choice
They screwed the flying Kop.

Relying on a bluenose
To make our dreams come true
If it doesn't happen,
We'll be the one who're blue...

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: May 25, 2018, 01:52:57 pm »
We're not going to Kiev
We're never taking off
We booked our flights with World Choice
They screwed the flying Kop.

Relying on a bluenose
To make our dreams come true
If it doesn't happen,
We'll be the one who're blue...

Not really the time
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: May 25, 2018, 01:53:43 pm »
I got through to wcs,tried my best to be polite, they told me there is no chance that the planes are going despite the club telling me earlier that there was a chance they might still go.

I was on dreamliner out of liverpool tomorrow so that's me well and truly fucked.

Utter utter c*nts.
Really feel for you mate. I'm not even going and my blood pressure is rising at the thought of those arrogant twats at WCS.
I just hope you need a new user name soon.....