Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 v Sheff United 1 Nunez '17 Bradley OG '5, Macca 77', Gakpo 89'  (Read 12886 times)

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
To all you goal difference pre-match weirdos. Shut the hell up next time.

+2 no? Slowly slowly catchly monkley.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
Made hard bloody work of that but I'll take the result all day long. I just wish it didn't take conceding to jolt us out of our comatose football and get us showing a bit of urgency.
That's the Liverpool blue print this year.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Another one of these tinpot clubs raising their game to superhuman levels and given free rein to clobber our players. Fuck off back to the Championship you thug cnuts.

Great win!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Tighter than I thought it was going to be after a fairly early goal. We started to go to sleep and miss tackles and let them in.

Elliott, Jones, Robertson and Gakpo had decent games.

What a strike from Mac Allister just when we needed it.
Lovely ball from Robertson and a great run and header from Gakpo……that was not an easy header.

Why did the ref blow just as Elliott was about to put a cross in. Ref was seeing fouls and goal kicks etc that nobod else saw.

3 points is the key thing and we dug in and made our possession count.

Keep going and winning.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2024, 09:35:37 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Well that’s the title gone. Can’t be dropping points to these shit c*nts Fucking fantastic from the lads to keep going and put us back on top!
Mac Alister with a Stevie G moment with that goal!

My thoughts exactly.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
Jones looked really sharp.

He has to start ahead of Grav
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Get in!! bit my nails down to the third knuckle. What a strike from MacAlister, that number 10 on his back really suits him. Robbo was great too, don't think we crossed the ball first half. He provided the width and the ball in for Gakpo (nice header by the way) was just what we needed.

Will sleep well.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
The much maligned (on here) Robbo and Gakpo played a big part in that win.  Macca was a different class again but Robbo's energy and natural left footed-ness definitely made a difference for us.

Great to have Curtis back and for once the deity of injuries sided with us and let Konate run off what initially looked like a knee ligament injury.

Bring on the Mancs.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
Reason we don’t start well? Or just coincidence?

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
Peter Reid in the stands chewing Rushie's ear off hahaha. Blues will disown him.
Cheer up Peter Reid is still a favourite Kop song of mine
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
1-0 is never enough for us, it just isn't. Thankfully the goal came early enough for us to get the subs on and respond. Lost the plot either side of half time.

Just needed to win the game tonight, but is it possible for us to just win 2-0 with a low key/measured performance and save our energy?
You could argue they did us a favour by scoring at that point because we looked pedestrian. An equaliser with a few minutes left would have been a disaster. As it was, as usual, we needed the jeopardy to pick up the tempo.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
:lmao

Looks like he was telling him a good story.  ;D
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN

I feel like I constantly find myself saying ‘are you sure you’ve seen us play before?’

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
3-1!
We got the job done. Thought we lacked sharpness in the first half. Our goal was a little lucky. We were on the other side of that luck with Bradley's own goal in the second half. Was surprised to see Salah substituted. However, the introduction of Rob
ertson felt important. He energized the team. Wonderful strike from MacAllister! And then a relief of a moment when Gakpo scored the third. Job done. Three points. Top of the league!

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
just goes to show..

there are no easy games in the premierL

happy for Gapko to get a goal.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
Never doubted it. :P

Was looking like one of those disastrous nights we used to have in the bad old days, dropping points on a run-in to bottom of the table shite, then MacAllister stepped onto that ball. Fantastic goal.

Was a bit bemused Salah came off when we needed a goal, and so was he by the looks of it, but it all worked out in the end. Happy for Gakpo to get a goal too, and he put himself about a lot more than he has done recently (don't think he's been as bad as people have been saying like).

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Was started to get a bit worried and then Mac does that  ;D

Robbo, Elliott and Gakpo were good when they came on.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
It’s a nice way to beat that sandwich hating c*nt

Online Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
Easy as yer like  :o

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
thank God, nerve wreckig after 1-1 but we got it done

That sick feeling, like your arse is about to blow.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
How many corners 13 or 14?
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
Ref was a disgrace as usual. How the hell was the Konate hack not even looked at? It was a scissor kick at above shin height.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just about to say the same. It’s as though some people have never watched us before, they never learn. It’s the online version of shouting shoot at the game.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
3 points, job done. First half erformance no so good, need to sort our shit out. Second half subs made the difference.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Jones looked really sharp.
All the subs did. So important to us
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Fantastic result!

The performance was rubbish to be honest. Up till their goal, we hadn't created a single clearcut chance and we were playing as if we were 3-0 up. We need to be starting games better because a better team would have punished us today.

Also, the arrogance before the game was mad. One condescending poster even told me that I needed to "grow a pair" because I pointed out our tendency to make heavy weather of it against the worst teams. The same type of posters will look at the scoreline and say "see, it was comfortable".

We need to do better in these games.

We just need to win, at this stage I can't be bothered how we play to a degree. Even when we went to 1-1, I didn't think we'd do anything other than win the game eventually.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Relief

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Another one of these tinpot clubs raising their game to superhuman levels and given free rein to clobber our players. Fuck off back to the Championship you thug cnuts.

Great win!

Take that, gonna be a lot more nervy moments this season so good to get used to them :P

Need to see it again but that challenge on Konate looked like a red card too.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
Come what may. I'm proud of this team this season. A "transition" season remember

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
Beardy Cody is the upgrade we were all waiting for. He looked up for the fight tonight. Glad he got a goal, hopefully the racist twats who have been abusing him, fall down a flight of stairs.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nearly had a heart attack watching the replay of Konate's leg getting scissored. Thought it was much, much worse than it turned out to be. Massive relief!

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
Robertson was incredible when he came on. We needed that width in the first half.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Need to see it again but that challenge on Konate looked like a red card too.

Yeah that was scandalous. Not a mention on the comms.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He has to start ahead of Grav

He would've If their rehab was reversed.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do

Great win!
They didn't, though. We were just awful tonight until the final 20 or so.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
I said I’d take a scrappy 1-0 win off Nunez’s arse. Wasn’t too far off.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
Just keep on winning.
United have just lost Varane, so Maguire and Evans on the weekend.
Only concern I have is 1 clean sheet in our last 9 league games.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
Please now all tune in to the Chelsea Vs Utd game

Man Utd are allowing Chelsea so much space…

Back line of Wan Bissaka. Maguire   Evans.   Dalot

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Game changed from the bench once again, Robbo was fantastic, and Cody took his goal well.

Macca though, oh my word, outstanding.

Back to the top we go.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Robertson was incredible when he came on. We needed that width in the first half.

Gomez doesn’t work at LB in games like that.

No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.