Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 879330 times)

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Construction Underway
« Reply #2400 on: August 16, 2022, 07:58:31 am »
If the right to light has been impeded already, then the right does not exist; the property seeking the benefit must have had  benefit of light  enjoyed through defined apertures of a building for an uninterrupted period of 20 years. That being the case, then there would be no legal right to make the claim and thus no issue in taking the SKDS higher. The house likely had no rights to light either in their original guises give the proximity of the backs of the properties to one another and likely those houses on the stadium side only got any reasonable light when the club knocked down the houses in Kemlyn Road. Alongside all those they have demolished on Anfield Road, the back of the Main Stand (including those demolished by the council for a non existent hotel) and commercial premises and houses on Walton Breck Rd...  but now, no other houses can be knocked down... not going to happen. Ok then.

Flying taxis, it was a facetious comment notably taken out of context by the poster on here. In answer to Meady, they are not a means of mass transport but they will happen, there is talk so some being in use at the Paris Olympics in 2024. How likely that is, no idea. Electric cars are happening and have a bearing on the transport issues as will self driving cars/vehicles. You are in denial if you do not think these things will be with us within the decade which is likely the same timescale before any further Anfield development and therefore must have a bearing on the transport issue. If congestion is an issue, is that not partly an air quality issue due to ICE vehicles sitting with engines running?

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #2401 on: August 16, 2022, 08:18:09 am »
Alan, roughly how many seats would that add doing something like you have sketched?

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2402 on: August 16, 2022, 11:20:35 am »
Alan, roughly how many seats would that add doing something like you have sketched?

I was going to ask the same thing, and let’s be honest even if it’s just 3-4K extra seats the matching the roof to the new roof would look
Much better

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2403 on: August 16, 2022, 11:22:50 am »
Alan, draw me like one of your french girls

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2404 on: August 16, 2022, 11:23:02 am »
I was going to ask the same thing, and let’s be honest even if it’s just 3-4K extra seats the matching the roof to the new roof would look
Much better

3-4k new seats, at a cost of £75m+, would be (best case) nearly £19k a seat to build. Given they'd all be GA seats it's just not going to happen at that price.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2405 on: August 16, 2022, 11:25:53 am »
3-4k new seats, at a cost of £75m+, would be (best case) nearly £19k a seat to build. Given they'd all be GA seats it's just not going to happen at that price.

What if they just charged each person 19k for a season ticket?
They're already paying 500k per house on Skerries Road for peoples right to light.
Typical RAWK. Such narrow thinking.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2406 on: August 16, 2022, 12:00:28 pm »

I was purely guessing the number I wouldn’t have a clue but let’s say it’s 5k and it did cost
Ball park £60mil, the cost of one player I think it would be money well spent, and let’s be honest we
Spend fuck all on players anyway lol.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2407 on: August 16, 2022, 12:41:46 pm »
What if they just charged each person 19k for a season ticket?

For that price I’d want a flying taxi trip thrown in.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2408 on: August 16, 2022, 02:12:10 pm »
A further lift is underway

https://youtu.be/HDFmM8TMfoQ
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2409 on: August 16, 2022, 02:16:33 pm »
Anyway, Alan is wrong. There'd be no need for concourses or stairwells or anything like that. By the time the build is complete people will simply be ferried to their seats by flying taxi and you're in denial if you think it won't happen
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2410 on: August 16, 2022, 02:26:09 pm »

And as someone put on skyscraper city rangers added 7000 seats on their main stand just but going up not adding to the footprint of the stand, so let’s be honest we’ve paid £80ish mil to add 7000 extra seats if we could do the same again definitely worth it. If anyone knows how to put the pictures on here that they show what rangers did with the main stand it’s definitely worth a look.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2411 on: August 16, 2022, 02:30:36 pm »
And as someone put on skyscraper city rangers added 7000 seats on their main stand just but going up not adding to the footprint of the stand, so let’s be honest we’ve paid £80ish mil to add 7000 extra seats if we could do the same again definitely worth it. If anyone knows how to put the pictures on here that they show what rangers did with the main stand it’s definitely worth a look.

The 7k extra included adding to the corporate offering though, it wasn't all just GA as the top of the Upper Kenny would be.

Also, Rangers haven't expanded anything have they?

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2412 on: August 16, 2022, 02:38:39 pm »
The 7k extra included adding to the corporate offering though, it wasn't all just GA as the top of the Upper Kenny would be.

Also, Rangers haven't expanded anything have they?

You’ve lost me there, that added 7000 seats without adding to the footprint of the stand that ls the point in making, I’m not getting involved in ga seats that’s not the point I’m making my point is that it’s possible to add seats to the KD stand without enlargement of the footprint of the stand beyond the entrance tower, something which Alan confirmed in his sketches.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 02:40:47 pm by Redric1970 »

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2413 on: August 16, 2022, 03:17:21 pm »
Rangers, many years ago now, added a terrifying overhanging top deck on their main stand. I’ve no idea how that was achieved, but they certainly didn’t rebuild that stand or add space to the rear of it as we did with the main stand and are now doing at the ARE.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2414 on: August 16, 2022, 03:50:38 pm »
You’ve lost me there, that added 7000 seats without adding to the footprint of the stand that ls the point in making, I’m not getting involved in ga seats that’s not the point I’m making my point is that it’s possible to add seats to the KD stand without enlargement of the footprint of the stand beyond the entrance tower, something which Alan confirmed in his sketches.

It's sort of pointless having the debate without discussing the financial side of it though, which is where the GA/corporate seats stuff comes in. It's theoretically possible to do loads of things in the world, but if the finances don't make sense it's unlikely. John Henry isn't in this to make sure we all have a lovely time, he wants to make money.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2415 on: August 16, 2022, 04:18:55 pm »
It's sort of pointless having the debate without discussing the financial side of it though, which is where the GA/corporate seats stuff comes in. It's theoretically possible to do loads of things in the world, but if the finances don't make sense it's unlikely. John Henry isn't in this to make sure we all have a lovely time, he wants to make money.

Absolutely but let’s be honest this problem is here because of years of being stagnant and getting left behind, the club need to in my humble opinion build on the success we have, demand for tickets is still crazy and let’s not forgot the Americans paid £300 million for a club that is now reportedly worth between £4-£5billion so they are in it to make money point is kind of mute.

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #2416 on: August 16, 2022, 08:04:13 pm »

He was so busy talking that he didn't realise it was happening until the very end. Then his drone ran out of battery!  :duh
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 08:23:01 pm by kopdude81 »
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2417 on: August 16, 2022, 10:09:42 pm »
He was so busy talking that he didn't realise it was happening until the very end. Then his drone ran out of battery!  :duh

I like the way his unique take on drone filming is to talk live about the build, history of the stadium and to answer peoples questions, but gets 80% of it wrong.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2418 on: August 16, 2022, 11:02:51 pm »

I don't think it was being lifted in place. It wasn't long enough. Porbably just being moved to make space.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2419 on: August 16, 2022, 11:20:23 pm »
Absolutely but let’s be honest this problem is here because of years of being stagnant and getting left behind, the club need to in my humble opinion build on the success we have, demand for tickets is still crazy and let’s not forgot the Americans paid £300 million for a club that is now reportedly worth between £4-£5billion so they are in it to make money point is kind of mute.
Honestly this is a bit of a red herring. It's true that demand for tickets is currently quite high - though that may not last if the cyclical nature of football takes us away from top level success to a more top 6 type position again - but satisfying demand is not as much of a priority for owners as the pure financials are. Indeed, it often works in owners' favour to keep the demand unsatisfied so that there's a tension there and people continue to pay whatever the prices are because they know there're queues of people willing to pay if they don't.

Meanwhile gate and matchday receipts are a shrinking proportion of the club's earnings. The extra revenue from a few thousand extra seats would be a drop in the ocean compared to the amounts being earned from other sources. It just wouldn't make sense to go down prohibitively expensive expansion routes at the moment.

But I think it probably will happen one day if contexts change.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2420 on: August 17, 2022, 02:56:02 am »
Rangers, many years ago now, added a terrifying overhanging top deck on their main stand. I’ve no idea how that was achieved, but they certainly didn’t rebuild that stand or add space to the rear of it as we did with the main stand and are now doing at the ARE.

Rangers’ main stand has a capacity of 21000 with an almost identical footprint to the Kenny.  Third tier of 7000 on top of existing structure dating from about 1930.  I think one of the problems with the Kenny is the lower tier being too steep. Add on the corporate boxes and the upper tier must be near to as steep as is allowed so a third  tier is out of the question. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2421 on: August 17, 2022, 06:43:13 am »

The extra tier at Ibrox didn't just go up. It went back over the roof of the club offices. You can see the cantilever structure from the road. The stands were all rebuilt in the 1970s based on the 1974 version of Dortmund's ground.

1970s:

The rake of the lower tiers and the brick facade behind meant a new tier was feasible. That has no bearing on what we can do.

1989 with pitched roof over the main stand offices:

Now:

Skyscraper City is full of people who fuck around on Photoshop or SketchUp without looking at context, regulations, site history or any of the thousand and one factors that define what is or isn't possible, let alone feasible.

The lesson to learn from Ibrox are to rebuilding your ground based on what someone else has done isn't always a good idea. Dortmund increased capacity in 1974 and it became a positive. Rangers used the same design but reduced capacity and changed the atmoisphere.

Another lesson is to have a massive brick facade that hides what's actually gong on from the boys on Skyscraper City.

Liverpool seem to have a great design team on board who are exploring all the possibilities and have come up with two great solutions so far to expand the ground by 16,000 i the same location. If there are ways to squeeze more capacity then I have no doubt they will come up with someothing better than a lad on SSC.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 06:45:15 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2422 on: August 17, 2022, 07:20:58 am »
If the right to light has been impeded already, then the right does not exist; the property seeking the benefit must have had  benefit of light  enjoyed through defined apertures of a building for an uninterrupted period of 20 years. That being the case, then there would be no legal right to make the claim and thus no issue in taking the SKDS higher. The house likely had no rights to light either in their original guises give the proximity of the backs of the properties to one another and likely those houses on the stadium side only got any reasonable light when the club knocked down the houses in Kemlyn Road. Alongside all those they have demolished on Anfield Road, the back of the Main Stand (including those demolished by the council for a non existent hotel) and commercial premises and houses on Walton Breck Rd...  but now, no other houses can be knocked down... not going to happen. Ok then.

Flying taxis, it was a facetious comment notably taken out of context by the poster on here. In answer to Meady, they are not a means of mass transport but they will happen, there is talk so some being in use at the Paris Olympics in 2024. How likely that is, no idea. Electric cars are happening and have a bearing on the transport issues as will self driving cars/vehicles. You are in denial if you do not think these things will be with us within the decade which is likely the same timescale before any further Anfield development and therefore must have a bearing on the transport issue. If congestion is an issue, is that not partly an air quality issue due to ICE vehicles sitting with engines running?

Just to be clear - I don't know the situation with Rights of Light. The 25º rule is 'rule of thumb' and is just a starting point. All it says is that being under the 25º line means you're compliant. I had the priviledge of working with John Anstey a few times - he literally wrote the book on rights of light and how to deal with them.

And I've worked with plenty of the best RoL people over the years. The reason I work with them on big projects is that I'm not an expert and RoL is not straightforward. It takes years of experience and lots of calculation to understand the situation.

My section is through the centre of the stand. any RoL study would look at the impact of all of the houses on Skerries Road. It only needs one window to be affected for it to be injunctable. That might be solvable with money but that's not guaranteed.

If you look at the current stand it's actually a bit odd. As someone said, the upper concourse is way too small and then there's the big gaps between the stair towers. It's speculation on my part but the design seems to minimise the visual impact on the houses on Skerries Road.

It's even possible that the SKD design has restrictive covenants attached that control the design overc and above any RoL issues or other planning constraints.

Without knowing all of the information it's all just speculation.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2423 on: August 17, 2022, 08:21:45 am »
We're going to have the 3rd biggest stadium in the Premier league.
The 2nd (only a few hundred seats bigger ) cost a billion pounds.
The 1st is falling to pieces.

If we can't go any bigger, we're already doing really well. And staying at Anfield.
yep

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2424 on: August 17, 2022, 10:31:05 am »
I don't think it was being lifted in place. It wasn't long enough. Porbably just being moved to make space.

It is in situ mate and bolted to the truss, it is part of the new roof overhang for the lower tier.

https://twitter.com/AdamD2022/status/1559603396226826242?s=20&t=1Djko0xeJ8sn3yJ-rmlQFA
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2425 on: August 17, 2022, 01:10:43 pm »
It is in situ mate and bolted to the truss, it is part of the new roof overhang for the lower tier.

https://twitter.com/AdamD2022/status/1559603396226826242?s=20&t=1Djko0xeJ8sn3yJ-rmlQFA

That makes sense. They'll probably get those in place while there's still a gap in the floor plates.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2426 on: August 17, 2022, 05:20:14 pm »

He's got another video out today about extending the Kop. He makes the classic mistake of thinking a steeper rake means you fit more seats in.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #2427 on: August 17, 2022, 08:09:42 pm »
He's got another video out today about extending the Kop. He makes the classic mistake of thinking a steeper rake means you fit more seats in.

Strikes me as not being very bright and I noticed in that video, him slagging off other drone people and their methods. Would rather listen to Mr.Drone. At least he speaks sense and just gets on with the job.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 08:15:01 pm by Terry de Niro »

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2428 on: August 17, 2022, 08:49:08 pm »
Strikes me as not being very bright and I noticed in that video, him slagging off other drone people and their methods. Would rather listen to Mr.Drone. At least he speaks sense and just gets on with the job.

I saw that The Way I see Liverpool guy slagging off Mr Drone on one of his videos. Think he called him a gobshite.
Pretty cutthroat the drone business.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #2429 on: August 17, 2022, 09:22:50 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZzVet9i6crA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZzVet9i6crA</a>

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2430 on: August 17, 2022, 09:35:58 pm »
I saw that The Way I see Liverpool guy slagging off Mr Drone on one of his videos. Think he called him a gobshite.
Bloody hell. Drone wars now. 😲

Anyway, it's Mr Drone and Paul Frost for me. Both are excellent.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2431 on: August 17, 2022, 10:03:43 pm »
Watching the latest video, what really blows my mind is how they’re going to build a new stand with concourses etc… whilst still hints the old ones…..whilst removing the existing building (or are they just hiding it inside??

Blows my mind how you could plan that
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2432 on: August 17, 2022, 10:31:27 pm »

What did Drone King have to say about it?

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2433 on: August 17, 2022, 11:34:32 pm »
Bloody hell. Drone wars now. 😲

Anyway, it's Mr Drone and Paul Frost for me. Both are excellent.
Wish they'd all jib off the daft music

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2434 on: August 18, 2022, 12:55:53 am »
Wish they'd all jib off the daft music
Fair comment. Although I have to say I did like a rather atmospheric piece called Better Days by Bensound which was on a Paul Frost video. I think I'll rip it to CD.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2435 on: August 18, 2022, 08:24:19 am »

On Monday, I loved the way the sun setting illuminated the top seating area.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2436 on: August 18, 2022, 01:45:23 pm »
Nice shot ….

The Annie road end is tiny. Will be such a difference when it’s a gigantic stand. The concourses are tight, the stairs are tight, it will all feel so much better when it’s done.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2437 on: August 18, 2022, 11:23:37 pm »
The pic looks like its from high up but its row 29 of the lower Kenny which is very deceiving.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2438 on: August 20, 2022, 01:46:38 pm »
It will be a great stand when it’s completed, but I do think the kop needs a massive face lift, it should be the centre piece of the stadium, and I’m not just talking about sheer size, I’ve had a season ticket on the kop for around 32 years including when it was a terrace and it wasn’t the biggest stand when it was a terrace in sheer size but I remember first seeing the kop as a terrace and watching the fans and just being mesmerised by it. The new kop I have always thought is underwhelming in design as a stand, and I’m not talking about the atmosphere the fans create that’s not in question, I remember getting the form when the stand was built asking me where to put my x where I would like to be seated and I still love it, but improving the rest of the stadium has made the kop even more underwhelming as a design and the kop is without doubt the most famous stand in world football, sitting in the main stand looking at a rusty roof just doesn’t cut it for me, I know the issues involving Walton breck road but it would be fantastic if we could make the kop the centrepiece of the stadium instead of the little stand with a rusty roof.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 04:22:13 pm by Redric1970 »

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #2439 on: August 20, 2022, 04:25:18 pm »
The seated Kop was about as close as it could be to replicate the old terrace, that was the whole idea.

Size wise it was the max possible due to the WBR restrictions (and of course still is) it was the biggest single tier stand in the Country until Spurs new stadium cams along.

The Kop maybe dwarfed now by the Main and Annie Road stands but that's the price of progress. But it's a small price in my opinion. The Kop is still a throw back to the old days, even though it's seated.

It's darkly intimidating, basic and still a huge single tier structure, a pretty, updated Kop, with all the new regs in place would lose all of that.

It's up to the kopites to create the atmosphere, both in terms of volume and colour.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)